Andrea Pirlo Thread

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Kalac#16 said:
Pfft i reckon Janku's got higher chances of scoring then Sheva right now. And he put Sheva way out on the right wing. Janku's a natural winger although he is a left sided one.. anyway that's OT

Well Sheva almost scored and Janku never came close. Sheva on the right wing also shows he is willing to change things for the better this season. In the first game, he brought on Sheva for Janku, Pato for Inzaghi and Emerson for Ambrosini. The third change didnt make a difference but overall it was certainly an improvement over the subs he made last year like Brochi for Seedorf, Gila for Inzaghi, Emerson for Rino. With Kaka, Rino, Boriello, Nesta, etc to come...it would be interesting to see if he changes things for the better. :)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Well Sheva almost scored and Janku never came close. Sheva on the right wing also shows he is willing to change things for the better this season. In the first game, he brought on Sheva for Janku, Pato for Inzaghi and Emerson for Ambrosini. The third change didnt make a difference but overall it was certainly an improvement over the subs he made last year like Brochi for Seedorf, Gila for Inzaghi, Emerson for Rino.
Yea one of the most positive things about having this much attacking quality right now is that we have the ability to change the game using substitutions which we didnt last season. Hopefully it won't be idiotic things like Maldini for Kaladze in the 79th minute when we're 1-0 down. It worked once by total luck against Lyon it won't work again.

CB1100_lover

Primavera
Reaction score
N3d0 said:
If I was Carlo I would put Pirlo on the bench for few matches so he starts wondering why is he on the bench... Maybe than he'd try harder.

Looks like dinner is cold , anyway

I would love that, and i think thats the whole reason why Emerson was brought in. Or Milan could sell him to Juventus. I just had this whisperring he'll fit necely to them. :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Kalac#16 said:
Yea one of the most positive things about having this much attacking quality right now is that we have the ability to change the game using substitutions which we didnt last season. Hopefully it won't be idiotic things like Maldini for Kaladze in the 79th minute when we're 1-0 down. It worked once by total luck against Lyon it won't work again.
Actually it was Maldini for Rino (or someone that wasn't Kaladze-who made the long range pass for the 2-1-, Sheva, Serginho, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, and Dida). Moving Serginho in his natural role of winger, pushing us to have a better attack on the flanks. It wasn't idiotic at all. I think last year he did a similar one vs Cagliari (putting Bonera in, and moving someone to the wing), when we were 1-0 down, and it helped us to have a better less centralistic attack, which ended up in a 2-1 lead. Maybe someday people will realize that changing a CB or a fullback for a striker or AM isn't always the solution to a better attack.

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
N3d0 said:
If I was Carlo I would put Pirlo on the bench for few matches so he starts wondering why is he on the bench... Maybe than he'd try harder.
And You Would Replace Pirlo By Who?
Yes, Pirlo hasn't been performing much, but you are looking at it from one side.
Who in Milan is Capable of Fitting His Spot?
If we can find a replacement(Fabregas), I would be glad.
Right Now, He is an Important Part of Milan, And Leaving Him out of the Squad will do us Bad!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
like ive said all along pirlo is not the problem, its the surrounding of pirlo.... we havent built a proper team. pirlo can be an excellent playmaker like fabregas when he pushes forward... but he cant cause kaka ronaldinho seedorf r DIRCTLY infront of him not moving.... no width, no movement, no wholes to pass to..... and to top it off.... next to him r two guys w/ the skill of sunday league players

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
I like Pirlo, but I don't thnk that the entire team shoud be scrapped just to fit him. If he doesn't fit anymore he will have to adapt or something. I don't think its fair for you to blame our attacking mids for getting on Pirlo's way, and our DMs's job is to shield Pirlo and provide defensive back up, not play little passing games with him.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
Actually it was Maldini for Rino (or someone that wasn't Kaladze-who made the long range pass for the 2-1-, Sheva, Serginho, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, and Dida). Moving Serginho in his natural role of winger, pushing us to have a better attack on the flanks.
Exact substituions:
Dida; Stam (Costacurta 24), Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho; Gattuso (Maldini 77), Pirlo (Ambrosini 71), Seedorf; Kakà; Shevchenko, Inzaghi
So it was. I see Carlo even 2 years ago when we were good used Ambro as our last roll of the dice. Well, he did get us past PSV the year before.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
De Rossi: Forget The English, Pirlo Is The Best
Italy goal hero Daniele De Rossi has thanked Marcello Lippi for comparing him to Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, but says that the England duo are nothing compared to the best midfielder in the world – Andrea Pirlo.

Eat shit haters ,Pirlo is the man :D

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=859148

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Pirlo was a disaster yesterday vs Georgia, too slow for a slow paced match, never completed one of his trademark long passes infact he even messed up a few short range passes and didnt defend for shit that was done by Legrotaglie, Cannavaro and De Rossi and Aquilani. He went off at half time and Palombo came in and Italy looked more in control in the center of the pitch.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Soldier said:
And You Would Replace Pirlo By Who?
Yes, Pirlo hasn't been performing much, but you are looking at it from one side.
Who in Milan is Capable of Fitting His Spot?
If we can find a replacement(Fabregas), I would be glad.
Right Now, He is an Important Part of Milan, And Leaving Him out of the Squad will do us Bad!

Pirlo did nothing for so many years. It's a shame that he doesn't wanna bother to try to do something. An important part of Milan? I don't think so. Just give me one good reason why is he so important? To take corners? Free kicks? He even sucks doing that too.

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it with all the Pirlo bashing. It's not like his performances has dropped recently, he has always been a slow midfielder with bad defensive skills who'd always opt for the long ball... I admit he loses the ball quite often but when he gets it right it's a killer pass.

You know why he gets so much praise? Because he's the only player of that type in the world... though I think we don't need to "revolve" our formation around him anymore.

Last edited:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only 2 players can fill in for Pirlo in the world Xavi or Cesc and both are untouchable.

If Pirlo went to a Barca, Arsenal, Man U or Marid were there is more mobile midfielders around him, you see his true quality.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think you mean "revolve" our formation...

But point well taken, and I agree we shouldn't have to ride or die based on his performances.

We have enough weapons that we can succeed without relying on him so heavily.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
borrai said:
You know why he gets so much praise? Because he's the only player of that type in the world
Fabregas is a faster, more skillful version of Pirlo who has had no problem adapting to the physicallity of the premier league. Sneijder is also similar, though he is played in a more advanced role. He is truly devestating at his best. He's both footed and is as good of a passer

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
Both Cesc and Alonso have got MUCH better passing skills than he does. And they can play on their own, while Pirlo needs the protection of Gattuso. But I think Pirlo gets the recognition because of him playing the similar role in Italy as well which means Milan's and Italy's formation is built around Pirlo. While Cesc and Alonso aren't starters in Spain as Iniesta is already available. Pirlo scores the odd free-kick once a season as well so you shouldn't forget that. :tongue:

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
borrai said:
Pirlo scores the odd free-kick once a season as well so you shouldn't forget that. :tongue:
Yup he hits everyone dead centre of the goal and with the quality of serie A of course he's going to score one, the one he scored last season went centre of the net and the keeper was stupid enough to move despite the ball having no curl what so ever. Hasn't scored a brilliant FK since that spell he went on 3 seasons ago where he scored about 5 in as many games( Also admitted he stole the technique off Juninho).

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
So many praises lately for Pirlo.First Zico,now de rossi,whose next ?
Glad evry1 value his class. :proud:

markaugie1

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Ronaldo, Pato, Kaka, Villa, TS
Kalac#16 said:
the one he scored last season went centre of the net and the keeper was stupid enough to move despite the ball having no curl what so ever. Hasn't scored a brilliant FK since that spell he went on 3 seasons ago

milan derby last year

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
borrai said:
Both Cesc and Alonso have got MUCH better passing skills than he does. And they can play on their own, while Pirlo needs the protection of Gattuso. But I think Pirlo gets the recognition because of him playing the similar role in Italy as well which means Milan's and Italy's formation is built around Pirlo. While Cesc and Alonso aren't starters in Spain as Iniesta is already available. Pirlo scores the odd free-kick once a season as well so you shouldn't forget that. :tongue:

That is no true Cesc needed a Flamini/G. Silva and X. Alonso needs a Mascherano.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
from official site..

A. C. MILAN PRESS RELEASE

The A. C. Milan announced that the player Andrea Pirlo in the course of training this morning, reported an injury to the flexor muscle of the right thigh. The investigations will be carried out during the day on Friday.

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
dev1L said:
from official site..

A. C. MILAN PRESS RELEASE

The A. C. Milan announced that the player Andrea Pirlo in the course of training this morning, reported an injury to the flexor muscle of the right thigh. The investigations will be carried out during the day on Friday.
:rolleyes:

so finally we can drop the christmas tree for a while..

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
milanista1899 said:
:rolleyes:

so finally we can drop the christmas tree for a while..
why drop it when we can continue to play it with Emo filling in for Pirlo? We are blessed to have an abundance of DMCs, so we can ALWAYS play with a 4-3-2-1. No worries kiddo.

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
The Gazzetta dello Sport says that he's risking a month's stop ...

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
why drop it when we can continue to play it with Emo filling in for Pirlo? We are blessed to have an abundance of DMCs, so we can ALWAYS play with a 4-3-2-1. No worries kiddo.

in that case why dont carlo give cardaccio a chance..

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
on one hand its bad new on the other one its great. so pirlo has time to recover, does maybe not need to take part in the WC qualifiers and we HAVE to try out a new formation without pirlo for the fist time ever i think.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Wild that was a bit extreme....as much as you dont like him you didnt have to crop him like that......
LOL

Schedule