CAMPIONI D'EUROPA! PIPPO COME MARADONA! 7TH CL! AC MILAN 2:1 LIVERPOOL!

What do you expect from the upcoming final as a game?

• A grindfest with no goals or one at max(something like Juve-Milan 2003)

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Considerably open game with up to 3 goals(something like Barca-Arsenal 2006)

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • A goalfest with more than 3 goals(something like Milan-Liverpool 2005)

Votes: 32 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Same as Sven, feel free to post the whole story if you want to, I'm sure there's a small group of us that do care about that stuff :).

Feel free to post mate, I normally care to read that stuff. The biggest part of football is off-field stuff like this. That's what made this game special.
Sorry I didn't see these earlier. I will post it later tonight after I get back from work. :)

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Urgent :

My best friend (like a family person) who was a die hard MILANISTA, died this morning and I need to get a hold of the special edition of the front page of the Gazzetta Dello Sport commemorating the 7th title of MILAN.

Can anybody please post a link of that page in this thread? I will be thankful to that person forever.

Forza Milano !!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
My best friend (like a family person) who was a die hard MILANISTA, died this morning and I need to get a hold of the special edition of the front page of the Gazzetta Dello Sport commemorating the 7th title of MILAN.

Can anybody please post a link of that page in this thread? I will be thankful to that person forever.

Forza Milano !!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Anyone who can find what Gatorbasu is looking for should do it.

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Sorry to hear :(

R.I.P to your friend.

And hope you get well, because it's so sad when someone so close goes suddenly away from you. :(

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu

Forza Milano !!

cl2007_gazzetta-dello-sport.jpg

This is the only image i found.. Here are a few other things from Gazetta..

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/dayafter.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/sbarco.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/viaggio.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/rassegna.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/festa.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/stampaspagna.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/uefatifosi_2405.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/24/stampainglese.shtml
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...Piano/2007/05_Maggio/23/spogliatoioreds.shtml

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Forza Milano !!

This one is bigger than the ones linked before - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=363906&postcount=3113

R. I. P.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Jasper.

I am sure my great friend thank you too (wherever he is now).

This will make both my late friend and I very happy to put this page in his coffin.

Grazie once again.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
RIP to your friend Gator. It's unfortunate this thread was bumped on such depressing circumstances. :(

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
RIP to your friend Gator. It's unfortunate this thread was bumped on such depressing circumstances. :(
Is it wrong for me to feel proud about this? I really like Gatorbasu's act.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jasper, you should feel proud of your act. I am so happy to be able to put this page in my dearest friend's coffin.

He was 62 and was my closest friend. He was a die hard MILAN fan and sure I will be missing him when I will watch the first MILAN game (Supercopa Italia) with the beginning of the season.

BTW, the print out of the page came out great. Just wondering, if there is a way to order this newspaper? Even though, I am no longer worried about this newspaper but for my own collection, I will like have the real copy of this newspaper.

Should I try e_bay?? Any more idea??

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
4 years ago today... I still remember. :proud:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
... like it was yesterday ... Pippo Mio screamed way before the ball crossed the line!

Sincere condolences Gatorbasu.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just saw this game again. What a night it was.

We really didn't play a good game, neither did Liverpool though. Dida, Nesta, Oddo, Pippo and maybe Maldini were the only one's who had a good game. But as a team, we had almost a perfect tactical display.

In a way, I like the 3-0 win against man utd more than this game. Will never forget that fantastic night.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks GreatKalu. After reading all these posts, memories of both 2005 and 2007 coming back gushing in memories. Just getting a craving to win our 8th ASAP.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Just saw this game again. What a night it was.

We really didn't play a good game, neither did Liverpool though. Dida, Nesta, Oddo, Pippo and maybe Maldini were the only one's who had a good game. But as a team, we had almost a perfect tactical display.

In a way, I like the 3-0 win against man utd more than this game. Will never forget that fantastic night.

Didnt expect this thread to be updated.I just finished downloading this in HD1080,its in Italian but its gonna be worth it.

Just watched the players enter the field,and paused when the Camera was on Maldini:

f40777.png

I feel so weird right now,im happy and sad at the same time.If teams of other fans read this its going to sound cocky ,but that was the last real CL final..all the others till now..i dunno the game has lost its sparkle.

There`s no players like Maldini,Sheva,Rui Costa,Zidane,Ronaldo,Hagi,Beckam etc left in the game/in there prime.Superstars this days are so fucking bland.Messi does not do it for me at all,C.Ronaldo the same.There great footballers but dont inspire anything for me.

For example i used to love to watch Zidane play,even though he was not a Milan player and didnt play for a team i particularly like,but my god what a inspiration he was.This days i dont think i watched 5 of Messi`s last 100 games.

Anyway back to the game.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I feel so weird right now,im happy and sad at the same time.If teams of other fans read this its going to sound cocky ,but that was the last real CL final..all the others till now..i dunno the game has lost its sparkle.

There`s no players like Maldini,Sheva,Rui Costa,Zidane,Ronaldo,Hagi,Beckam etc left in the game/in there prime.Superstars this days are so fucking bland.Messi does not do it for me at all,C.Ronaldo the same.There great footballers but dont inspire anything for me.

For example i used to love to watch Zidane play,even though he was not a Milan player and didnt play for a team i particularly like,but my god what a inspiration he was.This days i dont think i watched 5 of Messi`s last 100 games.

Anyway back to the game.

I've also thought about this, and my conclusion is that maybe it's not the players but it's us who're different.

Once you have a set of favourite players, the next generation will seem not as good. I bet that fans who idolize Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Rooney, Ibra etc today will say the same about the generation taking over from them.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
And about Maldini, it was awesome to see him play together with Nesta :proud:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I've also thought about this, and my conclusion is that maybe it's not the players but it's us who're different.

Once you have a set of favourite players, the next generation will seem not as good. I bet that fans who idolize Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Rooney, Ibra etc today will say the same about the generation taking over from them.
I've gone through the same (feeling like today's stars are missing that something that a Maldini, a Zidane, a Sheva, a Ronaldo, a whatever name etc. could bring), but then like you said it's cause those were our favourite set of players, the ones we grew up with, the ones we idealize.

That said I do think the CL is in need of more classic intense match ups, fuck bring back the crazy group stages with ManUtd, Barcelona, and Bayern for example :O, and we're in need of small teams pushing it far, not winning one odd important game only to bend over in the next one.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I've gone through the same (feeling like today's stars are missing that something that a Maldini, a Zidane, a Sheva, a Ronaldo, a whatever name etc. could bring), but then like you said it's cause those were our favourite set of players, the ones we grew up with, the ones we idealize.

That said I do think the CL is in need of more classic intense match ups, fuck bring back the crazy group stages with ManUtd, Barcelona, and Bayern for example :O, and we're in need of small teams pushing it far, not winning one odd important game only to bend over in the next one.

Agree, the second group stage was very very difficult to get out of. We need that. BTW, Milan was the last team to win that championship played in that format. We were so good, I remember that in both group phases, we had 12 points in 2002-03 season in first 4 matches. The best match I saw was MILAN beating MADRID 1 - 0 in MILAN. An awesome game, probably even a better quality game than 3-0 game against Man U.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I don't think 2 group stages are needed though (it's wayyyy too many games), but UEFA should be daring again with the group stages, just let anyone face anyone (bar same countries), we already have plenty of uninteresting groups in this type of format, with top seeded teams...so at least give it back some drama.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
anywhere i can download with english commentry? :)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

First of all stop making me feel like im old or something :lol:

I thought about this to,but i really dont think its the case.People who watched football in the late 80`s,still enjoyed the 90`s and probably up to 2007,when the Ronaldo`s and Messi`s of the world got famous.

Today we really lack players that are icons for a club or actually football superstars.Messi can stay all his life in Barca,but he will never have the aura around him that Maldini or others did.

Ronaldo who is today`s football star is still selling about the same amount of t shirts as Becks.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
First of all stop making me feel like im old or something :lol:

I thought about this to,but i really dont think its the case.People who watched football in the late 80`s,still enjoyed the 90`s and probably up to 2007,when the Ronaldo`s and Messi`s of the world got famous.

Today we really lack players that are icons for a club or actually football superstars.Messi can stay all his life in Barca,but he will never have the aura around him that Maldini or others did.

Ronaldo who is today`s football star is still selling about the same amount of t shirts as Becks.

I agree with you.

but there's a generation or two who doesn't.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
15.04.1989 Never forget. #JFT96

"There's an English song, that we currently sing in Curva Sud, which is the Liverpool traditional anthem and it's from 60..It says:

Walk on, walk on,
with hope in your heart ,
and you'll never walk alone,
you'll never walk alone.

There was a guy, in our group (tells the narrator) that had a record with all these songs, and he was from a group which doesn't use megaphones. The songs in that group start spontaneously. In this record there was this *You'll never walk alone*, which is a very emotional anthem and we liked it. So much that we tried to learn it. Due to our bad knowledge of the language we had to write down the lyrics. The guys at the beginning said *welcome* instead of *Walk on*. We explained the meaning of the words to the guys until we learnt it. This song made us famous all over Europe because we sang it when the Liverpool supporters died in Sheffield. It happened by saturday and we had the match against Real Madrid on sunday (that we won 5-1, a truly memorable moment)

We prepared a banner "SHEFFIELD: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" and waited for the minute of silence. We were prepared to sing the song and put the banner our, but the referee whistled the sudden start of the match. We put out the banner believing it was over but the referee suddenly stops the players and tributes 1 minute of silence in honour of the victims. I (narrator) was there, without even a micro but I stood up on the barrier and we started with this song *You'll never walk alone* without micro. I have the video at home and all the players are there standing up and you see the whole stadium standing up, and clapping. You can clearly see the referee staring at me because the song can be clearly be heard by the pitch and the whole Curva starts the song with great powerful voice. When I tell this I'm still proud and emotional. On English telly they showed it for 6 months and we got bags of letters from England: "You're friends of us and you'll be forever" - Tales from Brigate Rossoneri (tõlge by Giovanni@Milanmania)

tumblr_n42nl3mRjp1qbuvlto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n42nl3mRjp1qbuvlto2_1280.jpg

sauce

Last Sunday

25 years after Hillsborough disaster why not bump the best/biggest thread in the forum through Liverpool connection.

The first 30 for 30: Soccer Stories film, "Hillsborough," premieres on the 25th anniversary of the disaster.

Tune in this Tuesday at 8pm ET on ESPN.

Schedule