CL: AC Milan (3) vs. Manchester United (0), 5/02/07

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
BMWTaylor said:
Only thing that makes me nervous about the return leg: We've been better on the road as of late than at home in the CL.
no,actually we were much better in 2-nd leg then in the 1-st leg,just look it that way ;)

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I dont know about you guys but I am more then confident going in the second leg.
Manchester do not have a good away record and that is something we can count on....
We scored 2 at Old Traford and we can score 2 at the San Siro without conceding....
Forza Milan!!! :proud:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will bet all my money For Ac.Milan to win. Because im PRetty sure that we will make it to the Final.
Kaka has showed all who he is, and that he is far better than C.Ronaldo.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
RINO has always bin an inspiration, just watching him on the pitch playing with soo much passion makes the game so much more interesting. He's gona be an IMP player we're gona need at san siro, inzaghi SHOULD play upfront. nest-maldini wall is a MUST

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
San Paolo said:
Hopefully we can get Maldini and Gattuso back on board. We will aim up. We always do. I know Milan will give it their all and Man Utd are going to have to fight until the death for this one. The crowd will be a huge factor for Milan and I know they will be out in enormous numbers chanting "Forza Milan!" no matter what the result.
completely agree!!

we definately needed gattuso and maldini yesterday.. :cry:

and who is da best between cristiano and ricardo? ;)

chuel said:
we just need to get a gol, stay focus for 90minutes and not doing any mistake(like brocchi did) in milan! its very2 important.
staying focused for 90 minuts is our problem!! i mean c'mon...i hate second halfs with us,..we just cant keep on going, and its our old players..great, experienced but old! :( anyway im much more confident now...we can definately do this and this season has gone beyond my wildest dreams & expectations, i mean we're in the semi's and almost 3rd in the serie :tongue: :tongue: what more do we need? DEFINATELY NOT SHEVCHENKO :tongue: HIGH FIVE ON DAT, C'MON

well :devilfir: FORZA MILAN :devilfir: BRING IT ON

Last edited:

Red&Black--Lion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kirsten kreuk & Angelina Jolie,
what about a 4-2-3-1 formation?

..............................................Pippo
...............................Seedorf.....Kaká..........Gourcuff
.........................................Rino...Pirlo
Serginho..................Nesta...................Khaladze.......Oddo
..........................................Dida

but I know ancelotti will play with a 4-3-2-1 formation....

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
now that my anger has died down just a little bit from last night i can focus on next week, we can do it, we went to supposidly the best team in the world this season scored two goals and nearly got something out of the game, if we get an early goal at the san siro it will force man utd to come and attack then hopefully kaka can hit them on the break and score.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!
I STILL BELIVE

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
It's our own fault that we losted , we let Man Utd come and that's what they did. It looked so good thanks to our Brazilian god , Kakà. But then that last goal :cry: :cry: it was luck of Rooney as well , he didn't even looked where he was shooting at he just shot and got lucky it was in.
Sure we can say Dida had to save it but he also saved some good balls like the ball of Carrick , or Fletcher. Dida maybe makes some mistakes when the opponent are close to them like in the 1st goal but why should we all blaim him ? There are eleven Milan players on the field.
My sympathie for Gilardino , you can say he played bad but let's be honest ? How many good balls did he receive ? He is a box-player , like Inzaghi but we never dropped a good ball in the box , we could better have played with the quick Oliveira.
Kakà played a wonderful game.
Our main problem will be C ronaldo in the return leg, he got to much space.
Man Utd played on the right , long-ball to the left and Ronaldo had 10 metres of open space and that can be leatal we should just give him a tight man-dekking. Oddo couldn't handle Ronaldo , that was very clear but he did his best and I respect that.

My respect for the whole team , they gave everything they got and even more. Don't blame Dida , Cheer for him make him know he is still loved and the he will punch out every single ball that comes to him.
and if there is anyone who goes to the stadium then CHEER , SCREAM , MAKE NOISE and MOTIVATE your team.
Even if they aren't playing their best then we must scream and support them so they will get that 20% extra and defeat Man Utd.

Don't be a 12th men but also be a 13th men !!!!!

FORZA MILAN
:uzikill::uzikill:Man Utd

CHEER FOR MILAN , CHEER THEM TO ATHENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
guys,the only thing we need is a fine finisher.
they have ronaldo and rooney
we have kaka and NOBODY.

that's the whole point.
until then we'll be strugling.

but still,after reading all of those posts-one thing is positive:2 goals away it is fantastico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forza Milan!!! :cool:

death to Manu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Pippo needs to start here.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Gattuso ready for return

“Rino Gattuso suffered a knock to the sole of his foot and left the field due to the pain,” read a note on the club’s website.

“However, we are optimistic about his recovery for Milan-Manchester. He should be available for the return leg at the San Siro.”

More...

Great news :D

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
1:0 or
2:0 or
2:1...
that's everything i want. If Serginho is fit again and Carlo will play the christmas tree again i would like to see him as a lone striker. He's still one of the fastest players...

FORZA MILAN.

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
completely agree!!

we definately needed gattuso and maldini yesterday.. :cry:

and who is da best between cristiano and ricardo? ;)

staying focused for 90 minuts is our problem!! i mean c'mon...i hate second halfs with us,..we just cant keep on going, and its our old players..great, experienced but old! :( anyway im much more confident now...we can definately do this and this season has gone beyond my wildest dreams & expectations, i mean we're in the semi's and almost 3rd in the serie :tongue: :tongue: what more do we need? DEFINATELY NOT SHEVCHENKO :tongue: HIGH FIVE ON DAT, C'MON

well :devilfir: FORZA MILAN :devilfir: BRING IT ON

Why must you mention Sheva?
You are rubbing our old wounds.
Things will certainly be different if it was Sheva up front instead of Gila.

I do miss Sheva everything I saw Gila and Oli play.
We are struggling in the first half of the season because of this 2 jokers.

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Demerio said:
Comeeeeeeeeeee onnnnn....We have good result and 2 away goals.
Its a good situation. Thay are scared and are having tough game against everton.
We can be calmer as six point advantage from Empoli give us an option for recovering.

Come on Carlo pick up the arsenal and throw them on these ugly english, welsh, irish dirtbags...

I too think that we got high chances of winning the semi final, but I am tired of Gila and Oli. If we really want to be the king of Europe, we should get rid of this 2 overpaid joker.

Red&Black--Lion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Man utd will go to San Siro to defend themselves, but we have 90 minutes on us and we must at least score 2 goals and not letting man utd score. The best way is to keep the ball inside the team and hide it as much as possible and then suddenly organize and attack

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
I am a huge fan of Gilardino but he is non exsitant!!! I was beyond disappointed from his performance. We need Pippo in! I would rather see him offsides 50 times compared to sitting there like an ass!

Velez Mostar said:
We'll need Maldini and Gattuso for the 2nd leg - they'r very important and two great champions.

Man Utd are good at home, but we'll have 70 000 backing us up at San Siro and whole Italy will be cheering for us - so the 2nd leg will be another story.

We were in deep shit when we had to win away at the Allianz Arena, but this looks good. I believe that we're better then Man Utd and they had some much needed luck at Old Trafford, I'm sure Lady Luck will do us a favour in Italy.

Just have a little faith ! :cool:

EDIT: Watch out for Gilardino ! :D

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Ohk , I really hated Gilardino that night , I Thought he might get subbed soon after the equaliser but then no go from Ancellotti .
I hope he doesnt start him this time , Id rather Oli than him.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
takahan said:
Why must you mention Sheva?
You are rubbing our old wounds.
Things will certainly be different if it was Sheva up front instead of Gila.

I do miss Sheva everything I saw Gila and Oli play.
We are struggling in the first half of the season because of this 2 jokers.
why i must mention shevchenko? because we dont need him, people thought we'd lose 10-0 without shevchenko and that we woudlnt make it to UCL which we have so yea, i had to mention him!
things could be very different with shevchenko here...but it could also be as it was with barca last year ;) ;) WE'LL NEVER KNOW

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
Red&Black--Lion said:

I would agree on this formation but Pirlo let me down also yesterday. Just sloppy sloppy football. I hate to say it but I would replace him with Ambro. I am not a huge fan of Ambro but we all know he drops those winning goals like a mother fucker.

Sorry Pirlo I still love you but not today.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Gattuso ready for return

“Rino Gattuso suffered a knock to the sole of his foot and left the field due to the pain,” read a note on the club’s website.

“However, we are optimistic about his recovery for Milan-Manchester. He should be available for the return leg at the San Siro.”

More...

Great news :D
:skull: :skull: Gattuso :skull: :skull:

He will trash Man Utd , we would have won if Gattuso and Maldini would have stayed on

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SempreRossoNero said:
are you insane? unless i am mistaken, carlo IS the coach and HE made the decision to take them out!?!? is anyone else seeing something COMPLETELY messed up about that statement?!?!?!
I don't "Forza Carlo!" for that review. I "Forza Carlo!" because he still believes we can make it. I am not talking about any specific situation, so peace.

Stop for a sec and think. If Maldini was able to continue, would have Carlo taken him out? Didn't you see how pissed Rino was because he sufferred an injure and had to be subbed?

I am not that moron to "Forza Carlo!" when he took Maldini and Rino out for nothing. I am not stupid SRN, I have an average intelligence. When I saw Bonera at the beginning of the 2nd half, I knew immediately something had happenned to Paolo. And when Rino fell down for the 2nd time, I knew too, that he was really hurt.

Red&Black--Lion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
:skull: :skull: Gattuso :skull: :skull:

He will trash Man Utd , we would have won if Gattuso and Maldini would have stayed on
I just hope he doesn't get a yellow card because then we won't have him if we go to the final :(

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Torcida said:
no,actually we were much better in 2-nd leg then in the 1-st leg,just look it that way ;)
Yeah yeah love this :D . We are only stronger when we are underdogs. Nobody expects AC Milan to be in Athens, some people even think Milan are lucky to reach the semis. And to bs people around the world: AC Milan are even more lucky than you ever imagine, they will lift the trophy in Athens soon :D . There's nothing wrong to be lucky, thanks to te Lady Luck, I appreciate you help, really.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Red&Black--Lion said:

It's a nice formation , but I would replace Kaladze with Maldini , everyone plays better if he is in the team. But 2 defensive midfielders will be risky because you have Ronaldo and Giggs and Scholes was turning the entire midfield crazy last night.

This is my system , risky but can succeed.
----------------------Pippo-------Oliveira/Gilardino---------------------
---------------------------Kakà---------------------------------------
------Seedorf/Ambrosini------Pirlo--------Gattuso----------------------
----Jankulovski---------------------------------Oddo------------------
----------------------Maldini--------Nesta----------------------------
----------------------------Dida--------------------------------------
2-2-3-1-2
Kakà can play at 2 strikers , like he wants he and we all know that Kakà is the only one who can give us the CL cup.
Maybe Serginho instead of Janku , but Serginho is back from unjury, no match rythme and then in a crucial CL ? I don't know but Janku has to concentrate more on his crosses , they were all blocked yesterday.
Oddo will play even though I didn't found him very convincing yesterday but I know he can do it , he can stop Ronaldo and even attack.
Gattuso , no explanation needed.
Pirlo , no explanation needed.
Seedorf/Ambrosini : Seedorf didn'y play very good last night , wrong passes and stuff like that but he also did alot of work , but Man Utd had a lot of corners and we have to make sure we have aerial power so Ambrosini then ? But what I also saw , Ronaldo who can make a header , was covered by JANKULOVSKI ?? he is to small to cover Ronaldo.
Then Kakà , clear
Pippo , he can score and we need goals so.
Gila/ Oliveira : Gila can score goals in the box , but Pippo can do that while Oliveira can make a danger from far so I would choose for Oliveira and later bring in Gila. Oliveira is also quick so he can go quick style with Kakà.

Substitutes : Gourcuff , Serginho/Bonera/Kaladze ? Gilardino(if we aren't at the winning hand)

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
why i must mention shevchenko? because we dont need him, people thought we'd lose 10-0 without shevchenko and that we woudlnt make it to UCL which we have so yea, i had to mention him!
things could be very different with shevchenko here...but it could also be as it was with barca last year ;) ;) WE'LL NEVER KNOW
Leave Shevchenko out of these discussions please, he belongs to the past.

Anways, I'd prefer to see only Pippo up front in the 2nd leg. 2 strikers do not work together. 1 forward and 1 striker work together perfectly but not 2 strikers.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
things are different now that we need to win...i say relax from the start and play our usual way....
Assuming Maldini is not an option, we just have to make to with Serginho/Kaladze....

start like this:
-------------Gilardino-----------Pippo---------
---------------------Kaka-------------------------
------------Seedorf----------Gattuso--------------
-----------------------Pirlo--------------------------
-----Serginho---Nesta----Bonera--------Cafu-----
----------------------Dida--------------------------

The usual diamond we are all used to. Serginho and Cafu to add firepower from the flanks... Gattuso to cover when these two get forward as man utd will be looking to impose their counter attacking game on us.... Its daring to start Serginho and Cafu from the start, and hey we may well be a bit exposed but we need to score so what the heck...Kaka will be marshalled in this game so alot of our success going forward would rely on Seedorf....

If we score we rivert to this:
-----------------------Gilardino-------------------
------------------Seedorf------Kaka----------------
---------Ambrosini-------Pirlo-------Gattuso-----
-----Jankulovski-------------------------Oddo-----
----------Kaladze---Nesta----Bonera-------------

If we do take the lead, sacrifice a striker for a Defensinve midfielder(oh how typically italian). So Ambrosini comes on...we need his heading ability to win those 50-50 bouncing balls in midfield.
Serginho and Cafu's attacking prowess will give way to more defensively able (supposedly anyway*wink*) Kaladze and Oddo to try crowd the flanks. Ambrosini and Gattuso must be alert to form the 2nd layer at the flanks as by now United will be using wingbacks AND their wingers to get those hi balls in to stress out Dida. Three defenders stay behind always. We can then play their own game against them and hit them on the counter either with one of those thru balls from Pirlo, or play keep ball with Seedorf who can hold the ball well and Kaka offering a killer blow if we get the chance....

This is it boys. Please dont lose to Scum United... half my futsal pals are united fans i i will NEVER hear the end of it...
1-0 Gilardino!!!! Well well well... all is forgiven ;)

Last edited:

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
You can't make four substitutions.

Red&Black--Lion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yonggoh said:
If we score we rivert to this:
-----------------------Gilardino-------------------
------------------Seedorf------Kaka----------------
---------Ambrosini-------Pirlo-------Gattuso-----
-----Jankulovski-------------------------Oddo-----
----------Kaladze---Nesta----Bonera-------------
I'm pretty sure ferguson and the ref will notice that we have 12 players ;)

Schedule