your face when your best player doesn't know you exist

brocchi-sfida.jpg

broki :proud:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Good performance against Juventus tbh. Don't mind if he stays with us or leaves really. Quite like him

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Lets be fair though, we were better than Juve in that final, keep the ball well and had chances.

It was a good milan showing and because of it all the more difficult to take when we lose to them again.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Unfortunate.

We played well.

He came in during a huge slump and did awfully. I don't know if I can completely blame him, but I feel I can say he's completely unready.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunate.

We played well.

He came in during a huge slump and did awfully. I don't know if I can completely blame him, but I feel I can say he's completely unready.

He might be a good coach some day, I think he has some talent. He was´t ready for a team in a horrendous physical and mental form, Berlu is to blame.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Forza Brocchi ❤️

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
did not conduct himself with humility. played various different systems in the short time he was here. all he talked about was showing grinta etc. anybody can do that. needs to be replaced

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Good performance against Juventus tbh. Don't mind if he stays with us or leaves really. Quite like him

Fodder mentality. Brocchi out , back Primavera or wherever just not #1 job.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I'm glad the team didn't get embarrassed and played well in the final, but I hope that doesn't lead to him staying as manager honestly.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
There's so much more to a good coach than playing one game. Sorry to state the obvious but he's not ready.

Let this be a lesson for the management that the time for crazy experiments has passed. Hopefully the old senile learns it also that if he doesn't start acting like a real owner instead of a spoiled brat enamored with his own shadow, it will be his millions going down the drain.

#YetAnotherBadDream

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
His 4-3-3 worked good yesterday. But he should still leave, I don't want a coach who has faith in Poli, Boa and Mexes.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Brocchi after the game said now I have more chances to stay, we played well and it's my merit.

:lol: For what merits he is talking? He forget he is the reason we ended 7th and not 6th?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Brocchi after the game said now I have more chances to stay, we played well and it's my merit.

:lol: For what merits he is talking? He forget he is the reason we ended 7th and not 6th?

He's right... we could have tried parking the bus... but instead went out lions and played with honour :proud:

With the players at his disposal... juve were forced into Extra time and made to look like crap for most parts of the game.

Give the guy some credit FFS.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Cristian Brocchi Thread

His 4-3-3 worked good yesterday. But he should still leave, I don't want a coach who has faith in Poli, Boa and Mexes.

Still not sure if we played 4-3-3 ot 4-2-3-1 with Poli (!) as CAM. Poli played a fantastic game yesterday imo, recovered many balls, holded well, some good passes, played near the box while Monty & Kucka covered his back. It really looked like a 4-2-3-1 at times.

We definitely didn't loose yesterday because of bad coaching. Actually some days before the finale Brocchi said he didn't play 4-3-1-2 only because he wanted so but also because the management said they want him to make Milan play like they used to (not on counter attacks but controlling the games with a CAM). He added that if the goal was to gain as many points as possible he certainly wouldn't have gone for a 4-3-1-2 ("non sono mica pazzo"). However, Sassuolo gaining 12 points out of the last 4 games was something unexpected. For the finale he changed a lpt of things and the outcome was drastically better.

The players who started were on point, aggressive and most of the time playing simple but smart. We created some good chances despite playing the team that has conceeded only 5 goals i the last 19 (!!) matches. Our poor as always finishing hold us back from closing the game in 90 minutes. Even over 120 minutes we were the better team with more ball possession and more chances created. Hell even after we conceeded and Jube tried to play it save we still managed to create clear chances (Mauris shot in the 120th minute, jesus christ was that close!).

DES and Calabria made their best game of the whole season, very glad to see that we have good alternatives and don't relly on Abate and Antonelli.

At the end of the day the better bench made the difference. Our subs had almost no impact (Niang, Mauri and an absolutely invisible Balotelli, however I think that were the right subs, Menez and Berto showed that they don't give a fuck while Loca obviously not ready for such big games), while theirs (Cuadrado, Morata) made an assist and a goal.

Both squad and team gave a brave and encouraging performance imo. We definitely need renovation, especially in midfield, but at the same time the team yesterday showed if put correctly on field and well prepared it is definitely worth more than a 7th place.

Should we fo into the next season with Brocchi? IMO not. We still don't know of Brocchi is a good coach or not. In 7 games only this last finale was a well prepared and coached game. For our future I wish our team a more secure and proven solution.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He's right... we could have tried parking the bus... but instead went out lions and played with honour :proud:

With the players at his disposal... juve were forced into Extra time and made to look like crap for most parts of the game.

Give the guy some credit FFS.

Yes, Milan was 6th when he arrived and we finished 7th. What credits?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
A game can't save him, football doesn't work like this. The 2-1 lose vs Juve in Serie A with Miha wasn't a bad game too. We attacked and lost. I don't care. I'm talking about all the games, we lost 3-1 vs Roma, got a 3-3 draw vs Frosinone, a lose against relegated Verona. He should deffinitely leave.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else think Brocchi has a lot more potential & coaching ability than Seedorf or Inzaghi? He has good ideas and he might be onto something.
I am by no means saying we should continue with him, it would be far too risky, especially if we sell the club then we can aim for big names like Emery.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
A game can't save him, football doesn't work like this. The 2-1 lose vs Juve in Serie A with Miha wasn't a bad game too. We attacked and lost. I don't care. I'm talking about all the games, we lost 3-1 vs Roma, got a 3-3 draw vs Frosinone, a lose against relegated Verona. He should deffinitely leave.

One game saved Ferguson from getting the sack at United :o

If he can make juve his bitch with the players he had at his disposal yesterday... imagine what he could do with some better players.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Brocchi has a lot more potential & coaching ability than Seedorf or Inzaghi? He has good ideas and he might be onto something.
I am by no means saying we should continue with him, it would be far too risky, especially if we sell the club then we can aim for big names like Emery.

Seedorf was pretty good in his short time here. Took over a team that was hovering dangerously close to the relegation zone... to almost getting us a EL slot. Also had plenty of good ideas like introducing some former players into coaching roles. Initiating a style of play throughout the club teams.

But if Brocchi can back up his words then i'm definitely more confident in him doing well as opposed to inzaghi.

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
not a good time to try brocchi.
need a experienced, proven coach to attracted good players. who would like to come to a messy club with some coach like brocchi? would like to spend 10 m more to hire a great coach than buying a player using that money. when we achieved more, the players will worth more.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

Here we go :fp:

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

just you

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
The problem is Brocchi can not attract big name players. He is not proven at any level and with Silvio still in charge no decent players will arrive. If the Chinese take over I can see someone like Pellegrini coming in.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That finale was very well coached and prepared. But this was one game out of 7. In all those other games we've been horrendous.

Admitted he has some estimators like Billy but still... he's a jump into the dark in we had too much of those in the past few years. Now it's definitely the time to grap on to the few certaincies we have, and to look out for as much certaincies as possible. Send him back to the youth, get Emery, and in some years we'll see again. Gaining some experience with Serie B or lower Serie A sides wouldn't be too bad for him too. Why do we have to hire our youth coach immediately, why not letting them gaining some experience (4-5 years) elsewhere before hiring them?

Schedule