Cristian Zapata Thread

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Actually Zapata played RB alot for Villareal last season but was pretty bad, i do rate him however & you can't really go wrong with a loan i guess, i think he'll be a hit.

Maybe Zapata as full-back is not that good of an idea? I am not a follower of Spanish teams like Villarreal.

Is that why he disappointed with Villarreal? And with Udinese he did well as central defender.

He's good as a central defender and that's it?

xaviesta

Primavera
Reaction score
I don't think Zapata is good as a fullback no. I only saw Villareal on a handful of occasions & he played RB in a few & was pretty bad, but as been said Villareal were not at there best to put it lightly, he was great at Udinese though so i see no reason why he can't get back to that level.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe Zapata as full-back is not that good of an idea? I am not a follower of Spanish teams like Villarreal.

Is that why he disappointed with Villarreal? And with Udinese he did well as central defender.

zapata is just cb ,very good and posiblty great cb ,,,so no way lb.

one qu. what was your thinking on acerbi last night ,,when he was in def. we were rock solid then yepes came and boom.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zapata is just cb ,very good and posiblty great cb ,,,so no way lb.

one qu. what was your thinking on acerbi last night ,,when he was in def. we were rock solid then yepes came and boom.

Acerbi did well enough against Real. He looked better than earlier pre-season. At the same time I am not forgetting all the good preformance Yepes has showed for us, to pick a newbie above him so easily is not what I'd do.

Bonera on the other hand really makes a name to earn a starting place. Let's see first what both Mexes and Zapata will show though.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

From Marino, former coach at Udinese who i believe allegri assisted-
http://www.ilsussidiario.net/News/C...pione-ecco-come-schierarlo-esclusiva-/310567/

rough translation fo a part pertaining to that-
From the tactical standpoint Marino explains: " I read that Zapata can also right-back. Personally I see it more as a central defender and then the guy has always played in that position reluctantly. Of course, when you're in Milan would play in door while the owner to play . "

The coach then spoke of Zapata: " It 'a quiet boy, a serious professional who works hard. comes from a bad season at Villarreal, wants to redeem himself but was certainly not his fault . "

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think Zapata is good as a fullback no. I only saw Villareal on a handful of occasions & he played RB in a few & was pretty bad, but as been said Villareal were not at there best to put it lightly, he was great at Udinese though so i see no reason why he can't get back to that level.

Well, alright. I guess I got desperate with our full-backs that I want to try out anything.

I'd like Vilà to get a chance now!

xaviesta

Primavera
Reaction score
I don't like the look of Acerbi at all, i think Mexes-Zapata will be the way forward with Bonera (who i think has done well whenever played as of late) at 3rd choice.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't like the look of Acerbi at all, i think Mexes-Zapata will be the way forward with Bonera (who i think has done well whenever played as of late) at 3rd choice.

Ya, I guess so too.

Zapata left-central so he can cover left-back's fuck ups, and Mexes has played right-central for us anyway where he gave nice long passes.

Seems like the way to go.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Zapata played LB from time to time and was good there at Udinese...

Flamini is still our best LB

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Was that as left-back in a 4 man defense?

And Flamini... oh dear... he wouldn't :fp:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Was that as left-back in a 4 man defense?

And Flamini... oh dear... he wouldn't :fp:

I know Flams prefers to play in the mid, but he is better when he plays FB... he should swallow his pride and play there so he could contribute as a starter

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
I think Zapata played left side of a three man defense.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Zapata played left side of a three man defense.

Which I consider central defender more than left-back...

So I wonder what Spartan meant (a 4 man or 3 man defense)...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Which I consider central defender more than left-back...

So I wonder what Spartan meant (a 4 man or 3 man defense)...

I thought I remember him playing a couple games at LB a few years ago while at Udinese... but I could be wrong

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought I remember him playing a couple games at LB a few years ago while at Udinese... but I could be wrong

zapata never played lb in 4 man defence and udine playes 3 man back for many years.he is truly cb noting else and he can become wc ,huge potetnial man utd wanted him also arsenal but udine asked to much money and in the end in last year of co. vilarealy offered 11 mil and they sold him.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
yes please go away.

come back sept 1 and see messi signed

Now I'm imagining the perfection that could have been Milan with Messi, Nesta and Silva. Only strong drink will lift my spirits.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
im still confused, where did people get the idea that zapata could play at LB. I'm pretty sure he's never played there in his career, we may as well try him as anchor and see if we're going to try him at LB. does this mean then that we're still looking for the TS replacement?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
What number will he wear?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope Patosheva is right

i am right,many attacked me when i told acerbi will slowly rise his game and look at him he was very very good against maybe best team in world at this moment.
and zapata has huge potential he is only 25(will be 26 in months or so) but he will do great here.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
i am right,many attacked me when i told acerbi will slowly rise his game and look at him he was very very good against maybe best team in world at this moment.
and zapata has huge potential he is only 25(will be 26 in months or so) but he will do great here.

So you think...

Abate - Zapata - Acerbi - Antonini ?

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I know Flams prefers to play in the mid, but he is better when he plays FB... he should swallow his pride and play there so he could contribute as a starter

+1

He was very good for arsenal in 06 i think when he played lb and they reached cl final.

wouldn't be a bad option to try..

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
zapata never played lb in 4 man defence and udine playes 3 man back for many years.he is truly cb noting else and he can become wc ,huge potetnial man utd wanted him also arsenal but udine asked to much money and in the end in last year of co. vilarealy offered 11 mil and they sold him.

4 mans in backline he's played some times in villareal RB

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I can't recall Zapata ever playing LB. He has played CB in a 4-man, CB in a 3-man and RB in a 4-man defense. He is good at all three roles.

Zapata-Mexes is potentially a good, complimentary pair. Our focus should now be to build the rest of the defensive system. A leftback and a CM who can defend is absolutely necessary. No need for another CB.

Last edited:

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

to be fair with you Flamini great at LB is a sort of urban legend invented by Milan fans. He covered ok at Arsenal which had only 2 good enough FB there at the time. He played same level as Abate when Leonardo moved him to RB at the begining, so not that good idea.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
+1

He was very good for arsenal in 06 i think when he played lb and they reached cl final.

wouldn't be a bad option to try..

He only covered actually and was ok but not better to what we have, far worse than his decent games as DM there.
You guys invent shit here, I swear sometimes it is like reading wikipedia edited by a 5yrs old. It takes one info and then 10 posters add shit on to it creating an urban legend lol. I read about Flamini being great LB every second post about him but the truth is that he played same level(or even worse) that Abate when Leo moved him first to RB. So, as sad as it sounds Anto-Mesbah-Villa in that order for now.

Last edited:

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

Liverpool also offered but he had already given his word to villarreal so went there. Agree he is a CB, at FB he is just like bonera etc only in emergency.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Ayr

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Norberto Araujo
How dumb can people be? Someone says LB and everyones thinking maybe he can play there. There's no fucking way. Like said before he has played ON THE LEFT SIDE of a 3 man central defence, which is very much not the same as with 4 man defence.

He wont play on the left for Milan. A fact.

Schedule