Diego López Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
personally, i really like this move... one of the better signings we've had in recent years. I am also a big fan of Abbiati, however in the last 2 years he hasn't really instilled confidence in the squad and is very prone to errors, with a few a world-class saves here and there.

Hoping for some consistency from Diego Lopez. I just wonder, would Abbiati want to stay and be on the bench? He's a Laziali, and with Marchetti wanting out, maybe we could get some cash for him that we could use elsewhere? Plus he has wages of around 2.5-3.5m, somewhere in between... so he's getting paid more than what half the squad is earning. It'd be wise to sell Abbiati, he's still a very good keeper.

.... Abbiati already stated he will stay at Milan, even if it means hes gotta be second fiddle or even third. He also said that once Milan won't need him anymore, he will become a GK coach at Milanello. No Lazio for him.
He also earns 1-1.2 m. He has never earned 3.5m lmao where do you get that BS from

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
So happy we got diego lopez. Yes perin would of been awesome but ive seen perin , and he is very mistake prone at this point (which is normal) . But for the price, lopez is a no brainer. He was so solid for the past 2 years with real, i mean to take ikers job lol , you got to be pretty damn good. At 32 he is in his prime, and with his 6'5 frame he will help us a lot on corners aswell . With alex-rami at cb and Lopez in goal we should be solid overall but especially on setpieces.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I want him to clothesline a jube player so hard.

Last edited:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Yeah he is a huge upgrade and very important with his reliability and commanding presence at the goal. Good transfer from Milan finally. got Spain's best keeper no matter what Del Bosque thinks about it

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
It doesn't matter how good he is, with our defense he's still gonna struggle

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how good he is, with our defense he's still gonna struggle

Give it time Pollo if we put a well constructed midfield in front of them it will ease pressure.

Every Centraldefender (minus Bonera) we have on his best day is capable of putting on a world class performance we just need them to gel and find consistency.

If we get a Class Bridge I have good feeling about this season.

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Didn't see this transfer coming. Happy about it though. :)

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No more death from corner kicks guys. Milan defenders will no longer have to pay prices for not marking and not fighting for aerial balls. As they have always been doing over the last few years. Thanks to motherfucking animal Allegri.

Alex and Rami is not a very quick-reacting duo. Don't wanna see them face fast and cunning strikers.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
well, my opinion about buying diego lopez:

diego lopez has been one of the most constant performers in the last 7-8 years for sure. he was wc in maybe 2-3 years but in all other seasons he was very very good. he could drop in performance tomorrow or he can perform like this for 5-6 more seasons, nobody knows. look for example for de sanctis and roma. he is almost 38 and 1st gk for them. or buffon or someone else. you can't know for sure.

but the promising fact is his stability over the years and having no major injuries during that period.

he is the goalkeeper that made iker ( nobody can disagree that he is at least top 5 gk in the last 8-10 years ) the 2nd gk in real madrid. again, their own youth player and a fan favorite in real madrid where every loss is a greek tragedy, a place when the level of pressure is the highest. and he put even a wc perfomance season.

so, he mus be very confident and stable in the head.

and we need just that. he are in a turmoil , coming of 3 straight bad seasons and trying to make a team from scraps and "start a new cycle". stability is one of the things we need the most. a constant presence. and i don't know how many keepers is better than diego lopez for this.

carlo's number 1 gk trainer, de vecchi ( he was in milan for like 20 years, since sacchi's years ) said he is ultrac ompetitive, durable, true proffesional and a good person and that milan made a hell of a buy.

so, this is coming from his trainer that works with him everyday.

he is very good at set pieces, which were killing us for years.

he doesn't rely so much on speed and reflexes because he can pull out a save with positioning and size.

i think this is a very nice buy considering we don't invest anything and don't play champions league. maybe 2,5 m + bonuses for 4 years is too much but maybe he will be worth it, or even more, we will see.

-------------------

on the other hand, you have perin that costs like 12 m euros at least. young and maybe future number 1 keeper for italy. maybe.

he has awesome reflexes and can make super saves but he is very inconsistent. and this is milan. always high pressure and it is easy for a young gk and every young player to subdue to this pressure. and then you have a young keeper that you have payed big bucks doing only damage.

how many top clubs has that young keepers ? chelsea - courtious ( super talent, 2 levels above eveyrone ), chech was also. de gea.

but on the other side - hart lost his place in man city, polish guy in arsenal, handanovic over bardi in inter, etc.

maybe we will take perin in a couple of years but if lopez continues his form from madrid or even little less we made a great buy which will pay out with dividends in the upcoming seasons ...

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol...wouldn't compare him to Ibra signing....still great signing tho...I always liked Lopez when I saw him for Real

Agazzi? I think he's going to Sassuolo :g:

Ibras signing was the best (2 year:-/) signing ever. What im saying is lopez is the best signing since then. Obviously not comparable.

Meelan badly needed a keeper that doesnt need 10 league matches to get into acceptable shape, doesnt shatter into pieces when his 100kg body ever so slightly touches the ground and only leaves his goal post during half time.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Solid signing and with Abbs still there it will keep competition up. Gabriel or Agazzi are gone once Diego Signs.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
bla bla bla. seriously, i don't know much about this guy. don't watch spanish football, but if he's so amazing why have real given him away for free? this another typical free signing. its like that saying: "if you do what you've always done, youll get what you've always gotten". there will be no change. plus he'll be 36 years old and be earning 2.5m/year, sound familiar?perin will go to a properly run club all the best to him.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
bla bla bla. seriously, i don't know much about this guy. don't watch spanish football, but if he's so amazing why have real given him away for free? this another typical free signing. its like that saying: "if you do what you've always done, youll get what you've always gotten". there will be no change. plus he'll be 36 years old and be earning 2.5m/year, sound familiar?perin will go to a properly run club all the best to him.

God, you are such a moron. Why do people like you need to be Milan fans... Its painfull to see it.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

You are either the worst troll in history or the dumbest person on the board, and u have some serious challenge around here for that title.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lets insult people who have different opinions to our own.

#rnb

meanwhile milan is signing more WC players for free. go milan.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I don't know why I'm bothering but anyway :

1. Coming on " bla , bla, bla' is pretty much insulting others.

2. You really roll yourself here. The rest of your opinion might be valid but you really opened a can of shit right here. Most people don't REALLY expect Perin to move for another year or two. Maybe we'll be in the running then.

3. I don't know why I'm bothering but Real Brought back Navas to start and can't get rid of Casillas. That's there #1 + #2. Either Casillas or Lopez where expendable. Like them or not it's another gesture between Perez and Galliani.

4. Real are said to be close to Petr Cech which means one of Casillas or Navas could be #3.

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
@Milanello
Diego Lopez will be the 6th Spaniard to play for Milan after Soldati, Mari, Moreno, Didac Vilà and Bojan Krkic.
#BenvenutoDiegoLopez

I know the last 4 weren't a succes, but who is Soldati?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

I have a feeling real would be given a first option on one of des, ses or maybe even niang if he explodes.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

:lol:

I would rather spend 15 million on stklenberg

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why I'm bothering but anyway :

1. Coming on " bla , bla, bla' is pretty much insulting others.

i can see why you would think that im being rude when people call me a moron and dumb etc and i merely said bla bla bla. but the inbreds in here always find a way to outdo their levels of arseholeness.

it is genuinely a disgrace that there are a small group of people that will swear at someone else bacause he has an opinion that conflicts their own. especially after stating that i know nothing of the player and specifically dislike the transfer strategy of only signing older players for free with high wages etc, which is a very valid point and one that you and the inbreds have also complained about before.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
i can see why you would think that im being rude when people call me a moron and dumb etc and i merely said bla bla bla. but the inbreds in here always find a way to outdo their levels of arseholeness.

it is genuinely a disgrace that there are a small group of people that will swear at someone else bacause he has an opinion that conflicts their own. especially after stating that i know nothing of the player and specifically dislike the transfer strategy of only signing older players for free with high wages etc, which is a very valid point and one that you and the inbreds have also complained about before.

those nincompoops should be permabanned. unleash the anger mate. But diego lopez is a great keeper though. Apparently he is better than casilas who is probably a top 5 keeper himself, according to carlo and mourinho. They let him go cause they bought a younger keeper in navas, hence why Diego was sacrificed. Casilas is like a god to them real fans, so he would never be sold regardless whether he performs or not.

Last edited:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
those nincompoops should be permabanned. unleash the anger mate.

PISS OFF YOU COCK JUGGLING THUNDER CUNT! Go back behind the woodshed where your goat blowing family lives!

see what I did there? :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PISS OFF YOU COCK JUGGLING THUNDER CUNT! Go back behind the woodshed where your goat blowing family lives!

see what I did there? :lol:

Fucking kunt even maken sample argyment, go an kill yrsalf bye immoleting u stupiddd.
nataknem ti mamaru a sekicu sevnem usta jel sad ok kako pisem pizdurinoo evropska jebao te tallin i engleski jezik.jebala te evrospka pizdunija.
sad gledaj fudbal droljoo
:lol::lol:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Vecchi: “Lopez hates conceding goals, he can do everything”

The former Milan goalkeeper and keeping coach, who now works with Carlo Ancelotti in Madrid – Villiam Vecchi – believes that Milan made a good buy, signing the 32-year-old on a four-year deal.

“Milan did a big purchase,” the 65-year-old told Gazzetta.it. “Lopez is a goalkeeper who can do everything. Technically he is complete and on the psychological level he’s proven this year that he can cope well with stress. He’s an extraordinary person with only one flaw: he hates conceding goals and I saw him getting angry in training too.

“Lopez has a good grip and he pushes with both legs. He’s excellent in the air & with his feet. He’s one of the best keepers I’ve coached in my career. His main quality? His reactivity. Despite his height (1.96m), he has very fast movements.”

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope his family can give him enough moral support, he is going to concede some goals with that fragile midfield and flying wingback we just signed?

Schedule