Empoli-Milan

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
This will be interesting people. Milan make a trip to Toscana for what should be an interesting match. Wow, its been awhile since I can recall Milan playing at the Castellani....... Let me just state that I have no worries if Sandro Nesta is not able to go, because Billy Costacurta has not been acting his age! He looks like he has the confidence he possessed when he knew Baresi had his back ;) But, certainly an interesting matchup will be Maldini-Di Natale.....We will see if the youngster can really put on a show here to follow up his impressive showing vs Turkey. Also, I think we should continue with that Rivaldo-Rui-Sheva attack. This I like, and I believe it is something we should keep experiementing with. More importantly, since Empoli's attack doesn't feature as many skill type players as Real Madrid's.....we should welcome back Pirlo in favour of Ambrosini, because we do not need 2 defensive ball-winning midfielders like Ambro and Rino for this one, and I think we should keep Rino in, because he is just one of those monsters you want on your team. Now if we play Rino-Pirlo-Seedorf, with Rui-Rivo-Sheva........ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Hhehehehehe......Empoli.....good luck my Toscani amici :devil:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hehehe, i liked your formation.. but this game should be fairly easy so i think we should let some subs play... like Leonardo ;)

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We really should hump this team :D to put it plainly. Di Natale is injured along with Saudati, they wont play.

DIDA
KALADZHE
MALDINI
NESTA
SIMIC
SEEDORF
PIRLO
GATTUSO
RUI COSTA
INZAGHI
SHEVCHENKO

it will be that.... i hope

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
mtfco said:
it's time to gain that high scoring form again... 0-3 would be great....

I agree with you.... and I saw 3 players about to score during last two matches... I guess they're ready!!!
In alphabetical order:
Seedorf
Rivaldo
Rui Costa

Let's see who is going to play on Sunday and will score...
and who of them is going to wait for scoring against Roma.... :D

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
I agree with you.... and I saw 3 players about to score during last two matches... I guess they're ready!!!
In alphabetical order:
Seedorf
Rivaldo
Rui Costa

I think also that these guys are ready to have amazing games and i hope that it will be one of the guys turn against empoli.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think this would be a great time for Rui or Rivaldo to explode and score a couple of goals. And hasn't Seedorf been playing like every game and maybe they should rest him this week. I think he's probably the strongest player in the team and he doesnt seem to get winded like some others but maybe a day off would do him a lot of good.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Great news for out Di Natiele will miss MILAN game throught injure. we will win 4:0. it should be great game to watch. we can put away from juve as roma welcoming juve at olimpico. next is roma that we definatly win.

Rex

Reaction score
Let me just say...it will be another glorious weekend in our campaign race either in dometic or European competitions. Madrid's game of victory euforia should be continuing at Di Natale cs' home...The coach Ancelloti certainly gets wise to bring an rotation squad option..at least to minimize another injured players...

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
All right people...we can sleep easier...No Di Natale for this one as Jaime first mentioned.....And I agree with you as you suggest we need to enjoy a 3-0 scoreline. In my opinion....there is no reson why this should not happen. We have beaten world class sides in Real and Inter (lmfao...yeah right, world class my ass......all right a highly competetive side) so Empoli should be roastbeef.....we should cook these guys by a 3-0 scoreline. People......I would like Sheva and Pippo to continue their strike-partnership....but realistically....to make this team work, those two ( along with Dane-boy) are the 3 in the rotation system for that high striker spot.......and as all of you have said, Sheva is the better one out of the 3.....but, nothing against the Piacenza-born striker......Pippo, you have belonged in a Rossonero shirt for awhile, and now that you are here, I encourage your mount towards individual accolades. Either which way, Sheva, Pippo.......Empoli prepare to get 3 points taken from you in your backyard of the Castellani......this one should be enjoyable as our Roman date in Milano nears closer.....

Forza Milan......Let's welcome back Empoli to the top flight "proper-like." ;)

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well i also think that it will be easy match.
I think that Pirlo should play instead of Ambrosini.Seedorf have to be rested because his perfomance is not like it was at the begining of the season.So Serginho could play on his position.As for the attackers,if there will be only one then i think it should be Shevchenko.It will be good if Nesta plays but if he doesn't it won't be bad because as u alredy said Costacurta is great.
So good luck Milan!

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It gives me a good feeling to see Costacurta play!
I'm still dissapointed that Albertini is gone......... :(

Now we play an away game against Empoli.
Its important to win that match cause the week after we have Roma in San Siro. Its good for our selftrust to beat Empoli away.
Lets all hope that our big enemy INTER WILL LOSE this weekend!!!!
And also Juve must lose....that will be very important for us.
To stay at the first place!!! It gives me a great feeling!!!!!!!

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
TEAM NEWS: Kaladzhe out, Rivaldo injured - 2/3 weeks. Nesta doubtful,
Gattuso doubtful. Sheva and Pippo WILL play together.

Probable:

---------------------Dida---------------------------

Simic------Costacurta-----Nesta--------Maldini-----

----Gattuso--------Pirlo--------------Seedorf

---------------------Rui Costa-----------

--------Pippo------------------Sheva---------

2-0 easy :o

Reaction score
Redondo has been called-up but I think he's not ready yet, may be he will play Wednesday match in Copa Italia, that match will give him confidence after two years not playing any match. U agree ?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Yes, Redondo and Leonardo included in the team going to Toscana. I should think Redondo will see time, but Leonardo likely will get in should we be winning the match comfortably. In all likelihood, Expect Redondo for Ancona.....

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
i would field:

Dida
Simic-Nesta-Billy-Maldini (i would never trust chamot and i dont htink helveg is that great in left back)

Seedorf-Pirlo-Serginho
Rui Costa
Inzaghi-Sheva

i would like to use ambrosini again after a good match against real however benching seedorf would not be right and pirlo and serginho both deserve the start, sheva and pippo up front should be good for us with rui costa continuing his success (what a year hes having),

FORZA MILAN

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I ment to post this here, and now I,ve revised it.: With Empoli's inexperienced back line and Di Natale out we can afford to attack more than we did with Real and use 2 strikers. Here is what I'd do.

-------------Abbiate
Simic--Costacurta--Nesta---Maldini
----------------Brocchi
----Gattuso----------------Serginho
-----------------Pirlo------------
----Inzaghi----------Sheva------

w/ Rui Costa as a reserve for Brocchi just in case we need to attack, Tomasson as a reserve striker, Seedorf for serginho for added defensive help to protect a lead, and Helveg as a reserve defender. And I would start Abbiate over Dida.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
that is awesome news for all rossoneri fans. coz we waited for this moment for a long time. we trust, respect, we have hopes, we support to redondo. he is the man. he was man of the cl when real won it. remember what he went around beckham and passed to raul and the ball was in the back of the net. i hope we will be same as he was before. we will win!!!!!

Rex

Reaction score
If this match will be an easy game for Il Rossoneri...I would say we could shrugg off Empoli by magnificent result with striker duo (Sheva-Pippo) are both finishing scoreline in the back of their net...but let me tell you..Empoli are one of the promosing team and put the team are in the mid-table in current performances...not bad for promotion team from Serie B...even for the game I would worry our fitness after having a delighted result against Real in CL...so fact says on the field....

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kambiz said:
i would field:

Dida
Simic-Nesta-Billy-Maldini (i would never trust chamot and i dont htink helveg is that great in left back)

Seedorf-Pirlo-Serginho
Rui Costa
Inzaghi-Sheva

i would like to use ambrosini again after a good match against real however benching seedorf would not be right and pirlo and serginho both deserve the start, sheva and pippo up front should be good for us with rui costa continuing his success (what a year hes having),

FORZA MILAN

NO Seedorf must be benched because he needs rest imedietly!

Helena

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta etc.
Gattuso out and Seedorf in. In 42 min Empoli scored = 1-0

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Empoli 1-0 MIlan
NO COMENT!We are playing very bad....i don't know what is going on but if we lose from Empoli it is very bad....camon guys they don't even have Di Natale and they have scored....we can't score at all...we don't even have any chances except Rui's one in 4th minute .

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
YAHHHHHHHHOoooooooo, shevchenko on the scoresheet once again. yaeah baby. 1:1 and we have time to win this game. FORZA MILAN

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I just can't belive..........are we morons or what....this was Empoli not Juventus.We have won Inter and Real and we are loosing from Empoli....i'm saying loosing becaue 1-1 with Empoli is same like we have lost the match.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
that's it people 1:1.
league table looks like this now.......
Lazio 12 27
Milan 12 26
Inter 12 26
Juventus 11 25
Chievo 12 22
Bologna 12 21
Parma 12 19
Modena 12 18
Empoli 12 17
Perugia 12 17
Roma 11 16
Udinese 11 15
Piacenza 11 11
Brescia 11 9
Atalanta 11 8
Reggina 12 7
Torino 11 6
Como 11 4

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
KATASTROFAL !!!!! How the hell could we play 1-1 with Empoli ??? and that was the worst field i've ever seen !!!!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well Ozmo that's it....When we are certain that we will win some match with 3-1 or more then we are always loosing it.....

Schedule