Evaluation on our current transfer progress

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Zambrotta wasn't our fault.. Juve wouldn't sell him to us. Tevez.. I don't think we REALLY wanted him + the whole MSI Chelsea conspiracy. I DO believe we should have picked up Oddo at least..

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
We've had an surprisingly quiet transfer season. The departures of Stam, Rui Costa and Shevchenko were followed by the Calciopoli, something that made AC Milan an unattractive club for potential new players.
Our management missed out on the likes of Buffon, Zambrotta, Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo etc, so we opted to go for some surprising signings.

Bonera - Got plenty of experience though he's realtive young. Featured regulary in Parmas XI during the last years, and he has also some caps for Azzurri. He still looks promising and solid, but he lacks the class of Nesta and Canna's fighting spirit. He's ment to replace Stam, but Stam is/was world-class, unfortunately Bonera isn't.

Favalli - Experienced and solid back. Has plenty of experience after playing for big clubs like Lazio and Inter + some caps for Azzurri. Came on a free transfer and I'm glad to have him here.

Gourcuff - I didn't know much about this unproven youngster, but he played outstanding vs AEK yesterday. Will he become an success? He certainly has the skills, so let's wait and see.

R. Oliveira - Potential goal-machine, definetly! He was awesome for Betis 2 years ago, but injurys have followed him during last year so he didn't get many matches under his belt last season. Also worth mentioning that he failed in Valencia, and that is an worrying sign. It'll be very tough to fill Sheva's shoes but gOaliveira has looked great during these first 2 matches, vs Lazio and AEK - let's hope he goes on like this!

+

Jankulovski - I'd like to add Marek among our new signings though he arrived last summer. He was one of the best backs/wings in the world during his stint in Udine, and I'm sure that he will prove his critics wrong and be an important player for us from now on. I can't understand why so many of you guys in here are crying over Zambrotta when we've got our very own Marek Jankulovski at Milanello!

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
fazrulx2n said:
i dont really like big transfer every season. buying player is a serious shit man, this is not like a big movie premiere or anything... it is not something that we enjoy like buying a shoes or a car... plus, its involve money, so.. milan will be in serious prob if the do so, with the dept to pay and all. and it will probably makes other player unhappy... if they dont get along, you know what i mean.

so, i rate milan's transfer this season, a good 4/5.

dont judge oliveira now, we dont know lot about him yet, right? if he is not a world class player, then why dont we help him to be one... give him space and chance. even shevchenko, he is not a 'world class' when he stil with dinamo, but then... ;)
Dude, are you working for Milan? Because you sound just like our idiotic transfer director Braida. Nobody in their right mind would rate this transfer season a 4/5, not even the Milan directors themselves. You are right, buying big name players is very serious business, but that is part of the business. As a team our caliber, we need to spend money on the market every summer to strength our squad. Especially since we have so many holes to fill on our current roster with our grandpa generation defense and our unreliable attacking force. There is a major difference between Oliveira and Shevchenko. Oliveira is not as young, talented and proven as Shevchenko did when he signed with us. Look at it this way, we paid 25 million for a striker who dominated the European Champions League in Shevchenko to develop into the best in the world. We are now paying 18 million for a guy who had one good season in Europe and played merely 9 games last season. If that is not a stupid move, I don't know what is. Shevchenko was heavily chased by almost every single top European clubs when he left Ukraine and Oliveira was never chased by any top clubs in Europe period. That says something about the kind of talent he is.

lord_jedi

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka
ForzaACMilan said:
You really must be kidding me. This statement just shows how inexperienced in football you are, and how very little information you know about Miilan!!! Are you kidding me!!!

We lost Rui costa, we got Gourcuff instead of him, and he can play as attacking midfeilder, defensive midfeilder, instead of Gattuso, or Seedorf, so he can basically be substitute to anyone in our midfeild.

We lost Sheva, WooW, is it the end of the world? Our attack is good enough with Gila and Pippo, and I think Gila could take on Sheva's role because he is good in providing passes to strikers, assisting goals, and he is very strong in holding up the ball and protecting it, and he can dribble well enough. And anway even if he can't play in that role, we got Olivera to replace to Sheva. And nowadays Pippo is on fire, and i can see him being our top scorer for next season.

Our defense is just like last years, if not that it is better since we bought Bonera and are on the verge of buying Oddo and we only lost Stam.

Now i don't see us having any problems our attack, defense, midfeild. Our players are good and now we don't need more than Oddo even though it would be better to buy more.

So i really don't see how we will really suck next season, and I see us competing in and winning all competitions we participate in next season.

Anway Inter are always better on paper, but this club seems to be cursed, because they always find a way to fuck up.

Although we did start the season excellently, we should not be too happy like we going to stay like this until the end of the season. Remember, the season is long and we really need a strong and tough team in order to win the CL and Serie A.

Before the signing of Olieviera, I'm really worried with our attack. Pippo is getting old and Gila is still young and yet to score at the CL. If we want to win both the Scudetto and Serie A, we really need one more excellent attacker. But now, I'm happy with our front line. :)

Our defence is getting old. We really need to buy a new solid defender to strengten our back four. We cannot rely too much on our aging defenders. We need to add one more defender to face the long and tiring season.

Don't judge our squad just yet. We still have long way to go. And by the way, since when Inter is better on paper? We always better than them both in the field and in the paper. You got to be kidding me by making that statement.

lord_jedi

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka
Velez Mostar said:
Gourcuff - I didn't know much about this unproven youngster, but he played outstanding vs AEK yesterday. Will he become an success? He certainly has the skills, so let's wait and see.

Other European top clubs must be very envy of us, we got one of the most promising youngster in our squad. He can play anywhere in the midfield and very strong. He will be like Kaka, I really believe that. Hope after Milan develops him to be an excellent players like we did with Kaka, other clubs wont try to take him away. :head:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
Jankulovski - I'd like to add Marek among our new signings though he arrived last summer. He was one of the best backs/wings in the world during his stint in Udine, and I'm sure that he will prove his critics wrong and be an important player for us from now on. I can't understand why so many of you guys in here are crying over Zambrotta when we've got our very own Marek Jankulovski at Milanello!
I have been relaxed about the selections, the class isn't lacking. Brocchi has also impressed. Cristian can play all the midfield roles and also play in defence. I said to Ancelotti, his future was at right-back, him and Jankulovski will be our new full-backs.'
acmilan.com

I guess were having Brocchi and Janku for full backs. :)

DJ MILANO

1st Class User
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chivu, Nesta, D.Cisse, Inzaghi , Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robinho
i think Brocchi is better on the midfield and Jankulovski is the best in the place of Serginho and in place of Cafu we have Bonera.
We have good players but i think for Brocchi will be hard to have a place in the Milan XI because Gattuso would be prefered in place of him.
Also Gourcuff is the best wen Seedorf retired he is the best replacement.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Janku to become our new full-back - :cool:

Me likey likey ....

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gila#11. said:
I have been relaxed about the selections, the class isn't lacking. Brocchi has also impressed. Cristian can play all the midfield roles and also play in defence. I said to Ancelotti, his future was at right-back, him and Jankulovski will be our new full-backs.'
acmilan.com

Offcourse, my bad I forgot about Brocchi! An extra + for him is that he's born in Milano, he's local crew!
Let's wait and see, Brocchi is an versatile player:)

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lord_jedi said:
Other European top clubs must be very envy of us, we got one of the most promising youngster in our squad. He can play anywhere in the midfield and very strong. He will be like Kaka, I really believe that. Hope after Milan develops him to be an excellent players like we did with Kaka, other clubs wont try to take him away. :head:

Like I've already said; let's wait and see -it's still way to early to call him a good signing.
Many talented players have failed earlyer, let's hope that our Yoann won't! :)

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
i think brocchi is great, gd we didnt loan him out again he is similar to gattuso in the way he is short n stocky and wins challenges very aggressively i think hes great cover as is ambrosini

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
pipa said:
Janku to become our new full-back - :cool:

Me likey likey ....
Yes, you are right.. Useing Janku on the LB or WLB is better than spending large money buy another LB/WLB.:)

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
Milan pursue ‘Dinho dream
Friday 15 September, 2006
Milan are planning a fresh bid to sign Barcelona star Ronaldinho. “We would do all that is in our power to sign him,” said owner Silvio Berlusconi.

The Brazilian is a dream capture for the Rossoneri President and he’s ready to make a sensational offer if the player was ever to leave his current club.

“Ronaldinho is destined to remain a dream, at least for the time being, as Barcelona are not willing to discuss a transfer for the player,” stated the former Italian Prime Minister.

“However, if the conditions were to change then Milan would definitely be interested in making an offer,” continued the club chief.

“Ronaldinho is an extraordinary player, one who can really make the difference and we would do all that is in our power to sign him.”

The Brazilian star was paired with a move to Milan during the summer, but no firm offer was ever made by the Via Turati club for the player who is contracted to the Nou Camp outfit until 2014.

However, the side’s hopes of seeing Ronaldinho at the San Siro in the future were boosted after Ricardo Oliveira finalised his transfer to Milan – as his agent is Roberto de Assis, the brother of the Balon d’Or winner.

Berlusconi is now praying in a similar scenario to the one which saw Alessandro Nesta join the San Siro side in 2002.

“We had said that we would not sign Nesta because he was a symbol of Lazio,” explained the President.

“But the Biancocelesti then changed their mind and decided that the player was no longer untransferable, so we then made our offer and signed him.

“I hope something similar may happen with Ronaldinho. If Barcelona should change their mind then we will be ready to take advantage of the situation.”

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
acmilan.com

That's according to Berlusconi. The strategy is clear, make do with what we got. Cool by me.

However, I'm not sold on Jankulovski ANYMORE. I used to be one of his biggest supporters around here when no one was even thinking of signing him but his injury has taken its toll, he's not the player he used to be + I'd be VERY surprised if he managed to become a reg.

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti - De Rossi - Montella - Panucci - Mexes
Gila#11. said:
They are Jankulovski and Cafu! Brocchi can't play there i don't think.

lol sorry, but i found your avatar pretty funny..... but you probably already know....

DREAM ON !!!

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
slifersd said:
Dude, are you working for Milan? Because you sound just like our idiotic transfer director Braida. Nobody in their right mind would rate this transfer season a 4/5, not even the Milan directors themselves. You are right, buying big name players is very serious business, but that is part of the business. As a team our caliber, we need to spend money on the market every summer to strength our squad. Especially since we have so many holes to fill on our current roster with our grandpa generation defense and our unreliable attacking force. There is a major difference between Oliveira and Shevchenko. Oliveira is not as young, talented and proven as Shevchenko did when he signed with us. Look at it this way, we paid 25 million for a striker who dominated the European Champions League in Shevchenko to develop into the best in the world. We are now paying 18 million for a guy who had one good season in Europe and played merely 9 games last season. If that is not a stupid move, I don't know what is. Shevchenko was heavily chased by almost every single top European clubs when he left Ukraine and Oliveira was never chased by any top clubs in Europe period. That says something about the kind of talent he is.

the reason im saying, is because im a 'fan', we have to support them right? they know better than us. our defence still in good shape imo, we just need a lil change, thats it. and our striker... i didnt see whats wrong in our striker currently, pippo is in top form, and we have to give oli a room, have faith in him. there's no reason bitchin him now (theres no reason to bashing him after all), hes already one of us.

ok man, wait till the end of this season, and see how it goes :rolleyes:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
All the signings we've made so far have excelled (excluding Bonera), in time I'm sure he will show what he is capable of.

IMO I don't care about signing big star players ONLY players that will help the way our team plays and that Milan will benefit from.

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
San Paolo said:
All the signings we've made so far have excelled (excluding Bonera), in time I'm sure he will show what he is capable of.

IMO I don't care about signing big star players ONLY players that will help the way our team plays and that Milan will benefit from.

i totally agree with you. :star:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
That's according to Berlusconi. The strategy is clear, make do with what we got. Cool by me.

However, I'm not sold on Jankulovski ANYMORE. I used to be one of his biggest supporters around here when no one was even thinking of signing him but his injury has taken its toll, he's not the player he used to be + I'd be VERY surprised if he managed to become a reg.

Let's hope you'r wrong, Janku will come back!:D

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
janku is quality he is versatile, rught or left,offensive or defensive at minimum he is great cover

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
Let's hope you'r wrong, Janku will come back!
In fact I HOPE I'm wrong... but it's evident Janku ain't no Pippo who comes back from 2 years off + delivers right away....

MahmoodAB

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all Milanese are one
siatanhai said:
janku is quality he is versatile, rught or left,offensive or defensive at minimum he is great cover

that's true,,, :star: Janku is a great player and they should let him play more often.
He plays really well and his passes are nice plus position. ;)

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Sell Janku, earn money, get a better guy for the depleting team :(

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
In fact I HOPE I'm wrong... but it's evident Janku ain't no Pippo who comes back from 2 years off + delivers right away....

You'r right, unfortunately... He played OK tonight vs Parma btw, but it seems like he's outta form, same goes out for Ambro - he looks very shaky indeed.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Velez Mostar said:
You'r right, unfortunately... He played OK tonight vs Parma btw, but it seems like he's outta form, same goes out for Ambro - he looks very shaky indeed.
Ambro was one of our DECENT players out there tonight.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten,weah,kaka
MahmoodAB said:
that's true,,, :star: Janku is a great player and they should let him play more often.
He plays really well and his passes are nice plus position. ;)
for now i thik he is the best choise for the left back and i think too,that anceloti should let him play in first team!!!

MahmoodAB

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all Milanese are one
tsetsy_the_don said:
for now i thik he is the best choise for the left back and i think too,that anceloti should let him play in first team!!!

the game against parma prooved it.. that he's good..
he gave few VERY nice crosses to Oli but he missed them... but anyways he is really good.. and the more he plays the more he gets better

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Ambro was one of our DECENT players out there tonight.

He lost possession many times, which made our entire team suffer. But he played OK, if we take into consideration the fact that he hasn't played regulary for 2-3 years now - it's only normal.

Ambro ain't what he used to be, something yesterdays match vs Parma showed. My guess would be that Ambro would've been in far better form if he played regulary, this is just waste of talent.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Moved to Discussions.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Amen to that!

Schedule