Giampaolo Pazzini Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
we can also play balo and shaarawi with pazzini at the same time

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
pazzo has already scored 10 league goals in half a season. balo has only ever scored more then 10 goals once in a season and that was 13 goals.

balo wants the CF spot he has to earn it. :o

Good point :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pazzo has already scored 10 league goals in half a season. balo has only ever scored more then 10 goals once in a season and that was 13 goals.

balo wants the CF spot he has to earn it. :o

True. Last thing we wanna do is baby Balo like we did with Pato

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
True. Last thing we wanna do is baby Balo like we did with Pato

Nice to see some of you don't value Mario bigger than the club.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's more than enough playing time for both

No more false 9 I guess

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
we can also play balo and shaarawi with pazzini at the same time
If we're down a goal maybe...otherwise that would be horrible to watch. Prefer Niang and SES to start on either side of Balo....that way all three can interchange position and confuse the shit our of defenders

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he can also play as our super sub...coming in the 75th min abusing tired CBs :lol:

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we're down a goal maybe...otherwise that would be horrible to watch. Prefer Niang and SES to start on either side of Balo....that way all three can interchange position and confuse the shit our of defenders

Yes, because professional footballers are easily confused by a player moving 40 metres to one side. It will make them harder to man-mark though, but that's not enough to undermine what Pazzini brings to the table. Niang shouldn't start over him yet.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The challenge between Balotelli and Pazzini should consider the number of red cards created equally important to the number of goals they score.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, because professional footballers are easily confused by a player moving 40 metres to one side. It will make them harder to man-mark though, but that's not enough to undermine what Pazzini brings to the table. Niang shouldn't start over him yet.

Sometimes i tend to underrate ppl's stupidity....my humblest apologies Sir.....:)

40 m is almost half the length of the pitch :fp: ....i.e. the difference between attack and mid and mid and defense.....

e.g. Boateng is very average at CAM but great at CM.....and poor at CF...all these roles are within 40 m of each other....depending on the skillset and the tools a player has (vision, technique, passing, finishing etc) the transition would be easier e.g. Monto at CAM isn't much of a drop from Monto at CM.

GTFO with your (usual) bullshit:lol::lol::lol:

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A 4-4-2 wouldn't be too horrible, considering our wingers, Niang/SeS are work-rate machines.

Niang-Montolivo-Boateng-El Shaarawy
-----------Pazzo-Balotelli------------

Would take off Pazzo and do a 4-2-3-1 if we get Kaka, though. :gt:

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes i tend to underrate ppl's stupidity....my humblest apologies Sir.....:)

40 m is almost half the length of the pitch :fp: ....i.e. the difference between attack and mid and mid and defense.....

400px-Football_pitch_metric.svg.png

Apology accepted.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol:
You just owned yourself and you don't know :proud:

Is that all you can come up with? You said 40 metres is almost half of the pitch's length, when in fact, 40 metres is only a third of the pitch's length (as that picture clearly shows). It's also the distance from one end of the box to the other - i.e. roughly the distance a player would cover to swap sides with the other winger - which is the point I was making about the front three interchanging.

I know you're a virgin but you can still be a man and apologise any time now.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is that all you can come up with? You said 40 metres is almost half of the pitch's length, when in fact, 40 metres is only a third of the pitch's length (as that picture clearly shows). It's also the distance from one end of the box to the other - i.e. roughly the distance a player would cover to swap sides with the other winger - which is the point I was making about the front three interchanging.

I know you're a virgin but you can still be a man and apologise any time now.

I guess Bears can't do math so I'll go easy on you. I said 40m is almost half the LENGTH of the pitch since, as you can see from the wiki graphic that YOU posted, the min length of a pitch is 90 m.

90/2 = 45m.... Which means that my statement that 40m is almost half the length of the field correct. Spatially speaking, it's about the distance between the three main outfield positions.

Even if you were to use the maximum length of the pitch at 120 m as you have done, 40m would still represent a third of the length as you noted correctly. But what you didn't understand is that this distance both spatially and positionally
represents too wide a variance in footballing responsibilities for many modern footballers to handle.

This is why Prince looke FAR better at rcm than CAM. This is why Urby looks so much better just a couple meters left of CAM.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Pazzini has been terrific lately. Really liking his game, IMO Balotelli as much as I think he's a better player then Pazzini, needs to earn his spot. 10 goals in half a season is a fair effort especially when you've had limited opportunity for a good month or so. Balotelli will take his spot but it can not be given to him. Worst comes to worse I think we can try

Balotelli--Pazzini--El Shaarawy

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
A 4-4-2 wouldn't be too horrible, considering our wingers, Niang/SeS are work-rate machines.

we definitely gonna get raped in that formation
4-4-2 with el shaarawy and niang as winger, 4-2-3-1 with niang - bojan/kaka - el shaarawy as attacking midfield not suited formation for us considering our shitty defense...
maybe next season when we have good goalkeeper and benatia-zapata as combo cb then we can try 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

but right now the most suited formation still 4-3-3 IMHO

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

You should select barca's formations when we play them.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I guess Bears can't do math so I'll go easy on you. I said 40m is almost half the LENGTH of the pitch since, as you can see from the wiki graphic that YOU posted, the min length of a pitch is 90 m.

90/2 = 45m.... Which means that my statement that 40m is almost half the length of the field correct. Spatially speaking, it's about the distance between the three main outfield positions.

Even if you were to use the maximum length of the pitch at 120 m as you have done, 40m would still represent a third of the length as you noted correctly. But what you didn't understand is that this distance both spatially and positionally
represents too wide a variance in footballing responsibilities for many modern footballers to handle.

This is why Prince looke FAR better at rcm than CAM. This is why Urby looks so much better just a couple meters left of CAM.

Do you know how many pitches in Italy are shorter than 100 metres? I'll give you a clue: there are none in the top-flight. Even in the Premier League, which has the smallest pitches out of all the top European leagues, the shortest pitch is West Ham's at 100.5 metres.

I don't know what Prince has to do with this. You initially said that our front three interchanging would "confuse the shit out of defenders", to which I replied that professional footballers aren't easily confused by a player moving 40 metres across the other side.

As that image CLEARLY shows, 40 metres is also the distance from one edge of the box to the other (again, roughly the distance a player would cover to swap sides with the other winger). You ridiculed my comment and said that 40 metres is half of the pitch's length. Quit backtracking now.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You're so funny.

I backed my shit up as to how it could work, not that it's a preferable formation.
If I managed Barca, I wouldn't do much else different than what they're doing, :lol:

:D

seriously though, having niang and ses as wide men in a 4-4-2 would be a complete waste of their abilities. it's great that they put in an defensive effort, but we must strive to find players who can decrease the need of having our attackers contribute to much defensively. for example great defenders and midfielders. constant is getting a lot of cred for his season, and my hats off to him, but he's been getting a lot of help from SES, who could have spent that energy in the attack instead.

+ that's an defensive formation not suited for a club like Milan. you

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do you know how many pitches in Italy are shorter than 100 metres? I'll give you a clue: there are none in the top-flight. Even in the Premier League, which has the smallest pitches out of all the top European leagues, the shortest pitch is West Ham's at 100.5 metres.

I don't know what Prince has to do with this. You initially said that our front three interchanging would "confuse the shit out of defenders", to which I replied that professional footballers aren't easily confused by a player moving 40 metres across the other side.

As that image CLEARLY shows, 40 metres is also the distance from one edge of the box to the other (again, roughly the distance a player would cover to swap sides with the other winger). You ridiculed my comment and said that 40 metres is half of the pitch's length. Quit backtracking now.
It's well known that wingers swapping sides of the pitch has been known to confuse defenders due to having to adjust to the different approaches of the forwards. Imagine three of them... Each capable of playing either cf or out wide.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
About Boateng I was merely demonstrating how the effectiveness of a player can vary dramatically just a few yards away.

Last edited:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
he is being linked with juve :lol:

they won't fucking dare. Pazzini at Juve vs Milan would be hell to watch considering how dirty he plays and his never ending foul fishing

The evil one stays with Milan

Schedule