Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Commentator sayin Italy won the World Cup 3 times. :lol:

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
San Marino's goalkeeper did great so far. Some good saves!

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our boy Poli scored!! Nice goal.
I'm impressed by Ogbonna.
Pirlo is playing the match of this season, simply amazing.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
2-0 Gilardino

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another goal thanks to Polis pass.
Waiting for Cerci and Balo in the 2nd half.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah Balo and Cerci would be great. Wish El Sha was gonna play though. Is he actually on the bench?

LemonCookies

Andrea Poli Fan Club President
Reaction score
Yeah Balo and Cerci would be great. Wish El Sha was gonna play though. Is he actually on the bench?

He's injured. Or rather, recovering from an injury. Nothing serious, but not fit for this game. Same with Monty.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's injured. Or rather, recovering from an injury. Nothing serious, but not fit for this game. Same with Monty.

Yeah I knew that but I heard from someone he might make it to the bench today. Probably not. :(

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No point risking a key player vs San Marino in a friendly with the WC qualifier coming up.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio in! :)

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Half time.

2-0

Poli & Gilardino!

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forgot that SeS pick up a knock in training.Now, I understand why cerci is not starting; though, I wish to see him play.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonaventura, Gilardino and Diamanti off

Balotelli, Sau and Cerci on.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
3-0 Pirlo, great free kick! :star:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
daaam cerci, balo de sciglio, poli are linking up well. its as if prandelli made the lineup specifically as a favour to galliani. cerci in particular looks so good, so direct and strong. don't tell me its only san marino because he's looked great relative to the other italy players although diamanti also looked good. can't believe candreva has played RW this season

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
daaam cerci, balo de sciglio, poli are linking up well. its as if prandelli made the lineup specifically as a favour to galliani. cerci in particular looks so good, so direct and strong. don't tell me its only san marino because he's looked great relative to the other italy players although diamanti also looked good. can't believe candreva has played RW this season

I agree. Diamanti's workrate was great, but I kinda felt he was trying a little bit too hard.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abate in for Maggio.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
4-0 Aquilani

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
FT 4-0

Unlucky Balotelli, hit the post with a free kick and hit the crossbar with a header.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From what I watched in the match:

- Poli was unusually good and did not get tired at all.
- Balo was excellent; though, San Marino team is really weak.
- Cerci was good; however, the end result was always off. If it is Balo's decision, he would say fuck off Cerci.
- DeSciglio was off. He is looking too awkward at LB.
- Abate? Too little time to judge.

Nice victory from Italy. Poli, Aquilani and Ogbonna were the best of the bunch.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i wish to god we had signed aquilani. man of the match today. a guy we considered a flop 1 year ago and refused to sign for 6m is exactly the type of player we need now man of the match.

there was not enough for the defense to do to make a judgement. poli was really good i was super impressed. if aqua hadn't played so well i would feel confident that he would go to confederations. i disagree with yagami, cerci was brilliant so direct and strong and he really does like to put ball in with both feet from any angle. every time he crossed it in tho there were 7 defenders in the box, balo didn't challenge enough also. bona was impressive, sau was completely out of his depth, annonymous

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
From what I watched in the match:

- Poli was unusually good and did not get tired at all.
- Balo was excellent; though, San Marino team is really weak.
- Cerci was good; however, the end result was always off. If it is Balo's decision, he would say fuck off Cerci.
- DeSciglio was off. He is looking too awkward at LB.
- Abate? Too little time to judge.

Nice victory from Italy. Poli, Aquilani and Ogbonna were the best of the bunch.
He was terrible until the last 5-10 minutes when he got desperate for a goal. Had a lot of missed passes that the Azzuri defense could have conceded goals from if weren't for the fact that it was San Marino.

We all know he can be WC if he tries but tonight it was like a training match, again until the last 5-10 minutes.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i wish to god we had signed aquilani. man of the match today. a guy we considered a flop 1 year ago and refused to sign for 6m is exactly the type of player we need now man of the match.

there was not enough for the defense to do to make a judgement. poli was really good i was super impressed. if aqua hadn't played so well i would feel confident that he would go to confederations. i disagree with yagami, cerci was brilliant so direct and strong and he really does like to put ball in with both feet from any angle. every time he crossed it in tho there were 7 defenders in the box, balo didn't challenge enough also. bona was impressive, sau was completely out of his depth, annonymous

Aquilani does not fit into Allegri's tactical scheme. Cerci? Do not get me wrong, I like what I saw out of him. He put a sick passs; though, it was offside. However, his crosses were almost always in the same place. He never crossed to a different spot plus Salamon was equally impressive against San Marino which means, San Marino is not really the right test to evaluate Cerci. On the other hand, I think he combined pretty good with Poli.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aquilani does not fit into Allegri's tactical scheme. Cerci? Do not get me wrong, I like what I saw out of him. He put a sick passs; though, it was offside. However, his crosses were almost always in the same place. He never crossed to a different spot plus Salamon was equally impressive against San Marino which means, San Marino is not really the right test to evaluate Cerci. On the other hand, I think he combined pretty good with Poli.

He does not need to prove shit vs San Marino.
He just had an amazing season in Serie A, where he managed to get 8 goals and 12 assists - which is impressive for a right mid in 442 in such a fodder team like Torino.
He's been outstanding, i'd even call him the best RM/RW in Serie A this season. If you would have actually watched him this year, you would know how good he is.
If you recall our game for Torino, those 2 best chances Baretto had 1v1 vs Abbiat (great saves) were created by Cerci..
He raped our defense in that game.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pirlo was MOTM hands down. Brilliant game.
That free kick was a cherry on top of the cake.
Poli, Aquilani and Ogbonna were brilliant as well.
Tho Aquilani kinda chocked, could have scored 3 at least and set a few up..

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Why did I forgot about this game :fp:

first game I miss from Italia and they win 4-0

but honestly San Marino is a team who you could beat with 8-0

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Italy scored 2 extra goals but both were called off becasue the ref said they were offside
San Marino were lucky as hell and their GK had a few Buffon-esque saves
And you should know that Italy always choke in friendlies and never finish off weaker opponents

Schedule