Italian Football Thread III

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And yet Baggio, Maldini, Costacurta etc. never won it despite playing on a stacked Italy.
Portugal Golden Generation with Rui Costa, Figo, Nuno Gomez, Couto, Conceicao, Sousa etc. never won anything either

So what? Some other great team won instead.

dude

Banned
Reaction score
So what? Some other great team won instead.

You're not guaranteed to win it no matter what team you play for
Argentina in 1986 was shit yet Maradona carried them to the win. 2002 Germany was shit yet they somehow made it to the finals.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
doesnt explain how the comp is stronger than ucl though mate.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Spain, France
If you play for one of those teams you've got a chance to win it. If not, you're shit out of luck. But you can still win multiple ucl trophies even if you play for Croatia

dude

Banned
Reaction score
doesnt explain how the comp is stronger than ucl though mate.
I don't know how much clearer to make it

1. It's held every 4 years
2. It's played over a month after a long season

Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Spain, France
If you play for one of those teams you've got a chance to win it. If not, you're shit out of luck. But you can still win multiple ucl trophies even if you play for Croatia

Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United
If you play for one of those teams you've got a chance to win it. If not, you're shit out of luck.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If you play for one of those teams you've got a chance to win it. If not, you're shit out of luck.

Porto, Inda, Aston Villa, Ajax, Nottingham Forest, Jube, Parma, Benfica, Feyenoord, Celtic, Hamburg, Steaua, PSV, Red Star Belgrade, Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, Chelsea

The teams that won it besides the one you mentioned.

How many different teams have won the world cup besides those that I mentioned? 3 I think

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Porto, Inda, Aston Villa, Ajax, Nottingham Forest, Jube, Parma, Benfica, Feyenoord, Celtic, Hamburg, Steaua, PSV, Red Star Belgrade, Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, Chelsea

The teams that won it besides the one you mentioned.

tumblr_o3lc12LJKo1r84h6ao1_500.gif

:eek:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Ok, wise guy. 1 mistake off the top of my head.

That's your 3rd or 4th mistake when talking about the UCL in a matter of days :head:

I try to let it pass... but THE WC and UCL are the 2 competitions i only really follow. So it kinda irks me when i see cub scouts trying to talk as if they've been following it all their lives :fp:

Stick to italian football or other fodder leagues/competitions nobody really cares about pls
:smileani:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's your 3rd or 4th mistake when talking about the UCL in a matter of days :head:

I try to let it pass... but THE WC and UCL are the 2 competitions i only really follow. So it kinda irks me when i see cub scouts trying to talk as if they've been following it all their lives :fp:

Stick to italian football or other fodder leagues/competitions nobody really cares about pls
:smileani:

It irks you? :lol: You are a pathetic individual

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just stick to comps that you have some clue about. When it comes to the UCL ur clearly out ur depth :o

i

:lol: ok
Maybe I'll do that. You might think about getting a life in the meantime. If stuff like this irks you then I feel sorry for you

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
just compare the list of great players who did not win WC to the ones who did not win CL you will know which one is difficult to achieve

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Mate that doesnt make the competition stronger lol wth. The quality of teams are better in ucl compared to wc. As razza pointed out, there are only 4 or so great wc teams but in the champions league, there are atleast 7-8 world clas teams. On their day, even tottenham are capable of beating jube etc. The quality of players, depth of the teams, strength of the competition is fsr superior to wc.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Champions league quality of play is far higher than World Cup, it isn't even up for debate.

World Cup is far harder to win for most players, it isn't even up for debate.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This team #Benevento is promoted to the serie a for the first time in their history.
The town is located in the same region as Napoli. That means there will be a new derby from next season.

eec3c2907af5b36d5e4b875505b627c1.png

cfd2c158e71f41a27aaf36eaee7eaf69.jpg

8082eae34a6842a70082f2622c0f3373.jpg

314518f457af00b99982f681c1b4dd2f.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Happy about Benevento

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Awesome for them, hope to have them in Serie A for the considerable future. Better than Crotone or whatever shite random teams pop up in Serie A these days.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
SPAL and Benevento both played in C in 2015/16.

Suppose Venezia gonna do the same next season.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Awesome for them, hope to have them in Serie A for the considerable future. Better than Crotone or whatever shite random teams pop up in Serie A these days.

errrrrr

wasn't this past season crotone's first in seria a in their history...?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

What are you talking about. Crotone were amazing the last 6months of the season. One of the best relegation-battles in calcio history.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
861abe423c31f1b91de6a16030859228.jpg

First it was #ItsTimeToBeProud and now #InterIsComing :lol::lol:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
861abe423c31f1b91de6a16030859228.jpg

First it was #ItsTimeToBeProud and now #InterIsComing :lol::lol:

Comparing those lame hashtags to #WeAreACMilan one can definitely determine which club has the highest appeal. :o

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Didn't know that both Roma and Merda have to sell this season to meet FFP requirement

Corriere della Sera have revealed the possible punishments for Inter should they be unable to find 30 million and break even in line with their financial fair play settlement with UEFA. Depending on the amount Inter still owe punishments are different. A smaller amount will see the Nerazzurri slapped with a fine of 7 million euros but bigger amounts could see the Nerazzurri handed a transfer ban or even banned from UEFA competitions for a season.

If the Salah transfer doesn’t go through, Roma will be forced to sell Nainggolan to meet the Financial Fair Play requirements of £35 million.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Comparing those lame hashtags to #WeAreACMilan one can definitely determine which club has the highest appeal. :o

:proud:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What are you talking about. Crotone were amazing the last 6months of the season. One of the best relegation-battles in calcio history.

This. They've actually played some exciting attacking football too... their coach deserves credit :thumbsup:

and fucking lol at that # from Inter :lol: that being said spalletti is a great coach, hopefully ausilio can do what he does best and make spalletti's life a lot harder than it should be

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Didn't know that both Roma and Merda have to sell this season to meet FFP requirement

If I understand it correctly, Inter have to make a "profit" of 30m this month, before the financial year closes on 30th June. After that, its a new financial year and Inter can spend big.

So you will not see any big signings by Inter before July.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Ladri get a good amount of money for their stadium naming right

For the first time in its history Juventus Stadium will change its name. From July onwards it will be called Allianz Stadium, following a €75-million deal.

On Thursday Juventus confirmed that an agreement has been reached with insurance firm Allianz to take up naming rights of Juventus Stadium. Starting July 1 the building will officially be named Allianz Stadium until June 30, 2023.

The six-season deal has no official price tag put on it, however the renowned Italian website Calcio e Finanza suggests the insurer has to spend €75 million for the naming rights. This would make it the most expensive naming rights deal in Italy and one of the most expensive such deals ever made by Allianz, even if not among the longest.

Schedule