Manuel Locatelli Thread

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Been a while since we had a player, loving Milan like this guy. Also nice to see those young guys celebrating together, Loca, Gigio, Niang... Already looks like a team thats capable of everything. Just need to work on it. Their time will come. Im sure.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Man what a passion...we need these kind of players.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Awesome, i really hope he keeps it up. How cool would be if we have two world class players in the making coming trough the youth ranks?:D

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Absolutely loved his celebration. So much passion behind it

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
My question to this kid is - was it his intention to kick ball in that way
y8lzXP.gif

i mean to this place of the goal with outside part of the left foot
P1mGQW.gif

because it is good shot for right footed player :thumbsup:
wj9xrM.gif

first goal in main team so i made more than needed :lol:
2R4X9N.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
His celebration sends shivers down my spine even when I rewatch it. Reminiscent of a pippo celebration. Keep going kid.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
when managers sub out their 31 year old captain for an 18 year old who hasn't started a Serie A game and their team is losing 3-1... they are taking a huuuuuge gamble.

95% of the time in football these bets don't work and they just serve to give the youngster some added experience as the game is already dead.

Yesterday it was an ingenious move by Montella. The kid came on and changed the game from being 3-1 down to 4-3 up and scoring a brilliant goal as a regista. He makes us truly proud of him and I hope he keeps this steady progress up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
http://www.football-italia.net/92436/agent-‘locatelli-pirlo’

Pirlo was quick in the head, and Locatelli also has that quality.

“He’s not that quick physically, but he thinks fast.”

This is evident when he plays. He seems to have that extra second available while making decisions. While Montolivo always seems to take 3-4 seconds more than he should while passing.

It's unfair to compare Locatelli to Montolivo - they are fundamentally different players - but Monto in that role is the point.

I'm completely fine with Montella trying Bona-Locatelli-Monto as the midfield.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Imo we should keep taking it slow with him. Don't make him a starter just yet, let him get 20-30 minutes each game until it's impossible to leave him out.

The opposite could also work (like donna), but I think in this case we should slow down. There's too much focus on our midfield as the weak point, he'll be regarded as some kind of savior and the pressure might be too much.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Can't get over his reaction after the goal and in the post-game interview. Football summarized there

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imo we should keep taking it slow with him. Don't make him a starter just yet, let him get 20-30 minutes each game until it's impossible to leave him out.

The opposite could also work (like donna), but I think in this case we should slow down. There's too much focus on our midfield as the weak point, he'll be regarded as some kind of savior and the pressure might be too much.

I don't know. It goes both ways. I definitely don't want to overuse him and have him fail under heavy expectations. But at the same time, he's been getting eased into matches for the purpose of where we are now. Starting last year, a lot of hype fell onto him. End of last season, he started to play and was okay. This year, he starts coming off the bench and showing value, helping to close out games. And here we are. He showed importance in sparking a deadly comeback and awesome quality. He's going through the phases of development and doing so quickly. His confidence will be booming and the team trusts him now. I think it's time to use him.

I'm also in favor of the trio Necro mentioned. Kucka will have his place in the bigger games, but moving montolivo to the side could work alright. Monto won't be as important and can play his natural game. The ball will move quicker and Bona can stay higher where he's more dangerous, he won't have to drop as deep to start attacks. Another awesome thing about locatellis emergence is that we don't depend on monto now. Last season, with no other holding mids he was indispensable. And with the injuries he's been having, he was never going to last the whole season. That's probably why monto finished last year so poorly and Milan started losing games as a consequence

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Defensively better than Montolivo, during the games I see him staying close to defence, and trying to stop the opponents also using his motivation and some times making fouls.

But I want to see him moving with the ball, he still hasn't done.

Why do you need to see him moving with the ball? Some of the footballing greats like Zizou and Pirlo did not do much moving with the ball but instead were the maestros of their team.

You were too young to witness the prime of these players. They were great because they knew where they were going to pass the ball even before they received the ball. They knew which space they were going to dribble towards even before they received the ball.

They were always 2-3 steps ahead of their opponents and the only ways they managed to nullify these players was by man marking them the whole game.

I don't know if Locatelli possesses that speed of thought that our directors are saying... we will see in due time. His pass to Adriano versus Fiorentina is an example of that.

He still will make a lot of mistakes though. We will need to support him and show him faith when things get rough but we also must not let him get complacent (like Niang recently). We mustn't let him think he's the next big thing and give him undeserved minutes like De Sciglio has had since his career started, he needs to earn his minutes exactly like how he has done this season.

It is also is important that he gets criticized when he repeats the same mistakes over and over again so he learns from his mistakes otherwise he'll never improve and his development will remain stagnant like De Sciglio.

Hopefully the new management will realize this.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

Article has a lot of bullshit in it. Donna muscling the player for the ball wasn't a foul in the box. Thats fucking nonsense. Now the other foul in the box shortly after probably was. Niangs situation is also hard to say. From the front view it seemed like he was trying to muscle his way forward and the force of the two defenders and the fact his foot was forward contributed to him falling down. It's up to the refs discretion on that. IMO both sides deserved a pen. But i forgot the dudes name who got carded towards the end of the game for falling in the box. Dude was fishing for a penalty all game

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Paolo Bandini never writes bullshit. Solid article.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
His celebration gives me chills :proud:

happy for him

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.football-italia.net/92436/agent-‘locatelli-pirlo’

This is evident when he plays. He seems to have that extra second available while making decisions. While Montolivo always seems to take 3-4 seconds more than he should while passing.

It's unfair to compare Locatelli to Montolivo - they are fundamentally different players - but Monto in that role is the point.

I'm completely fine with Montella trying Bona-Locatelli-Monto as the midfield.

Yeah, keep thinking Monto has the lungs and fitness to play RCM, nor the fast decision making required, as you just illustrated in your post, to play RCM.

Kuco and especially Bona can get away with delayed decision making because they can easily retain or get the ball past their man. Monto cannot unless you count little skill move he does once every 3 games

Schedule