Milan Snap Up Davids?

Would davids fit into Ancelotti's Wonder Boys?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Accordin 2 Channel4.com we hav "apparently" signed up Davids wot do u guyz think

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
well..he is a gr8 player..erm..but...im not 2 sure..he would accept rotation..he plays in the same position..wif pirlo..n ambrosini...maybe can play in gattusos position as well...but hmmmmm..im not 2 sure..wat carletto has in store for him..have to wait n c..but..a player of his caliber ...is always welcomed...esp since he is coming for free..

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
riva11

where are we going to fit him?????? who are we going to substitute........
i dont think pirlo , gattuso or seedorf are worth to be sub..............they are the best i have ever seen............

correct, where should he play. i think thats a very justified question. no doubt he is a very good player but do we really need another player for this position? i can really not see him taking the bench so i say NO to davids

m1ke

Primavera
Reaction score
he is a great player but so are rino, pirlo etc.. if anything we need a new striker and some new defenders.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
well..he is a gr8 player..erm..but...im not 2 sure..he would accept rotation..he plays in the same position..wif pirlo..n ambrosini...maybe can play in gattusos position as well...but hmmmmm..im not 2 sure..wat carletto has in store for him..have to wait n c..but..a player of his caliber ...is always welcomed...esp since he is coming for free..

He can play in Pirlo's position or Gatusso, this is excellent i feel.... at the moment Pirlo and Gatusso know they are regular and easy starters for sure, but with Edgar they will be fighting hard in training and throughout the entire 90 minutes to tell Carlo they deserve that spot,,,,,which will inevitably make them play better.

But, the one thing im worried about is it may spell end for Max :head: .Whether he wants to be 4th choice no one will know until next season,,,,,,so all in all im not sure, Davids would be great but i would rather keep Max and not get Davids rather than getting Davids and losing Max, mainly because Max has been such a great servant and he is a very good player.

We will see what happens, but whatever does happen Davids is a very good player and who ever gets him will be improved.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
It would be good to see Edgar back in the colours. Perhaps this time he could keep his hands on his own mistress.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
This is a great deal if true. He can replace any of the existing three in midfield. We now have four top midfielders competing for three spots. They'll be plenty of games next season so nobody is going to be on the bench for long. Also I expect we're not going to have the same luck next season as regards to injuries in midfield.

Davids is still one of the best around and Barcelona have been a different team since he joined and Juve have dipped considerably without him.

Like I say, it is yet to be confirmed, but I'm already looking forward to next season. If we get Stam as well, we are going to be very strong. And Kaladze is still to come back and hopefully will regain the kind of consistency of last season.

A young but fairly established striker is now all we need and we've got a super squad again!

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
After all we could sign him again,

With Roma's, Inter's, Chelsea's and Barça's interest it would be some sweet delight if we signed him in front of their noses :tongue:

I say: YES! :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acdc81 said:
"Ancelotti sì, Davids no"

http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/calcio/2004/pp_1.0.355857649.shtml

my italien is not very good but i guess everyone here will understand the basic meaning of the article!

Yea, allegedly Davids was seen in Milano yesterday (Linate Airport + Via Turati) but Galliani denies + hopefully this is not some stupid smokescreen. If what the rumours indicate was true (3,2 million EUR/season, 3 years) it would be one of those retirement deals I disapprove of. It would also indicate that someone else is on the way-out as I don't think Milan would be that stupid to pay Davids that much for a pleasant life on the bench.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
NO to Davids!
*Passion for 9* i agree with you on this.It looks Milan only wants to sign free transfers.All the players who are linked with Milan lately are free transfers.
Lets start "PRO-TOTTI ALLIANCE" once more.Totti----now or never.

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
AcMilan.com said:
About the rumours that Edgar Davids has been in Milan in these days Galliani said: 'I refute in the most absolute way that Davids has met our officials in the city. Milan already have a complete team and all our players are confirmed.'

better is wait to see what happens... :head:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Davids should stay where he is.. we dont need him .. we are just perfect in every part .. we dont need to sign someone..

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Now when he's about to sign for Milan you all acctually want him!
When there were some speculation a month ago of him comin back to red-black colors most of you said that you won't be happy to see him in Milan.
I mean come on guys do we really need him now ? We have Rino and Ambro + Pirlo & Seedorf, why do we need Davids?
I'm so sick of signin on free transfer, are we that poor ?
Wtf is Galiani and Berls. doin', they wouldn't spend no money on tranfsers no more, or do they think that we have the strongest squad and don't need no more quality players.
Fuck this, just fuck it!

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
we don't need davids. but if you ask me he could prove to be helpfull. like someone said by exerting pressure on the regulars like pirlo, gattuso, and seedorf. seasons are long injuries ocurr and rotations are great if you have the players on the bench.

besides redondo is probably gonna leave since he has not signed a new contract. so in a way davids could take his " place " only that he would be playing alot more than redondo.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
It would be good to see Edgar back in the colours. Perhaps this time he could keep his hands on his own mistress.

:D LMFAO!!! Is this a Dutch thing? ;) Gullitt, Davids, Kluivert, Seedorf...the list goes on and on... :D

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
A rumour site says that he's coming while other ones say that he's staying with Barça. Interesting...

£2.3m's kinda of expensive for a water boy. But I seriously doubt that Davids would accept being one...

sid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Nesta
Lets us Welcome Davids..
Im sure happy reading this news :D :D :D
Welcome back Davids :D

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
A rumour site says that he's coming while other ones say that he's staying with Barça. Interesting...

£2.3m's kinda of expensive for a water boy. But I seriously doubt that Davids would accept being one...
exactly, i doubt he would accept any rotation... he was always a first teamer and the contract is pretty high too except if milan are expecting someone from the midfield to leave (redondo? serginho?) but it still doesnt make a good balance in a financial point of view...
milan is pretty "cheap" lately by being too careful in the transfer fee, i say just go for the big fish not another free transfer old guy...

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
Soccerage.com said:
Spanish Media Sure Davids Will Sign For Barca
04/21/2004. Spanish newspapers today are certain that Edgar Davids has made up his mind and he will be wearing the Barcelona for at least two more years.

Even though Inter offer the Dutch player the best contract, the pitbull's wish is to stay with the Spanish club for two years with an option for a third year.

This news will surely boost the morale of Barcelona ahead of their clash against their bitter rivals of Real Madrid this weekend.
SA Europe

jajajaja everybody say different things.... I think he is going to stay at barca... he knows he has a first team place there... :devil2: but here he will need to work very very hard to win it... :rolleyes:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sheva_CRO said:
Now when he's about to sign for Milan you all acctually want him!
When there were some speculation a month ago of him comin back to red-black colors most of you said that you won't be happy to see him in Milan.

Wrong !!!!! I've never wanted him + I'll send some protest mail to the headquarters should they have the audacy to sign him against my will ;) :D NO to Davids !!!! :devil:

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's just a rumor. The truth is the last position we need to signa player is defensive midfielder and I don't think our management is that stupid not to realize this.

By the way... I want to hear more about this "mistress" story or whatever it is. :D

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
We don't need him. Yeah besi he can stay where he is.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
If he arrives I'm sure people will see what a good signing he is. The guy is class, versatile and what's more he is free!!!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
He is aboutly world class but...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footb...lia/apr22a.html

Milan rule out Davids bid Thursday 22 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have dismissed speculation that Barcelona’s Edgar Davids will be wearing the Rossoneri shirt next term.

Some reports in Italy yesterday suggested that a three-year deal had already been agreed but the Italian outfit have denied the claim.

"There is no chance of us signing Davids," said Vice-president Adriano Galliani. "We already have a squad that we intend to keep as it is."

Davids, who is currently on loan at the Nou Camp, will be a free agent in the summer once his contract with Juventus expires.

Galliani has also commented on whispers that boss Carlo Ancelotti could be on his way out of the club.

Chelsea have been linked with the former midfielder as Claudio Ranieri is set to be axed at Stamford Bridge.

"We’ll keep him even if he loses the Championship," he insisted. "Ancelotti is not tempted by anyone.

"He is happy here and he will certainly remain with us for next season too."

:conf: :conf:

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
No, we don't need him anymore. We have Gattuso, Pirlo and Ambrosini. Besides he is a bit too old. But that doesn't mean he is a worldclass waterboy.

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
Milan did well to sign him because he is better than Gattuso.
Gattuso lose a lot of balls in midfield,that's why Trapatoni prefer Perotta!

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
walid said:
that's why Trapatoni prefer Perotta!
... and he keeps calling up Cristiano Zanetti, Legrottaglie and Delvecchio. Not much of a reference, is it? :rolleyes:

Schedule