Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Knicks bet on it and lost . granger, D rose, rondo injured should have taken advantage like the guys on the western conf are trying to do (two healthiest team in WCF )

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lost in this, i love lance stephensen represents everything new york, and basically kills them.

guy is epitome of ny street ball legend.

hell of a defender

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyway i wouldnt say melo is 'the problem' in nyk.

it's just the lack of talent and fact he's nowhere near as good as people think he is.

he can't be the best player on a title team. That's for sure

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
if you cant win tank the shit out :D so simple :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if you cant win tank the shit out :D so simple :D

the thing is, that's not always true.

everyone says look at okc! but you forget fact, reason okc had so many top talent, its cause durant sucked his first year, and so did westbrook, so they continually bad to get good players.

if you look at other franchise caliber talents, they tended to make their teams so good initially, no chance to get a #2

dwight in orlando

cp3 in new orleans are both big examples

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
then again in defense of dwade.

a wise man once said to me 'cant always eat steak, sometime you just want a burger'.

very applicable to wade

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is new york man ... they can always bring in a free agent if they have a great superstar from the draft ..

Well Knicks fans deserve more .. i am done with chuckers .. its a team game with salary cap coming in there are lot of players who are willing to take hit to play in a good team,

Entire miami heat, some of the lakers except old contracts , tony duncan and even manu, OKC, currys ankle. Everybody sacrifices something so your leader should work for the team eventually it will help melo

I just cant understand how can anybody win a title without involving others

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This is new york man ... they can always bring in a free agent if they have a great superstar from the draft ..

Well Knicks fans deserve more .. i am done with chuckers .. its a team game with salary cap coming in there are lot of players who are willing to take hit to play in a good team,

Entire miami heat, some of the lakers except old contracts , tony duncan and even manu, OKC, currys ankle. Everybody sacrifices something so your leader should work for the team eventually it will help melo

I just cant understand how can anybody win a title without involving others

melo's a scorer, always has been. The thing is, he was most talented player his whole life. Could beat teams 1 v. 5, i mean his high school/college career is famous.

so how do you change like 15 years of habits, ya know? Kinda are what you are.

problem is knicks are capped out, so they cant get anyone or real value

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fucking trade melo for unibrow
that team is truly a mess ... look at the players they have its lot of old players

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
you'll love this article ashish-
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/20/4347636/nba-playoffs-2013-conference-finals-defense

I like ziller. Posts good stuff, and he was fundamental in 'here we stay' movementi n sacremento

this is basically fundamental of moneyball concepts. 'undervalued assets'

ie- tony allen only makes 3 mil a year. but his value is so much more than rudy gay at his ridiculous contract.

ie he does move to help you win games. And thats what matters right?

a famous moneyball line 'your goal should be to buy WINS not runs' works for basketball too, or anything. Your goal should be what gets you closest to winning, not..... points for ex.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
great article like the one you posted .. three point shooters who can defend like green and barnes of clips are a rare commodity even if it doesnt look like it.

Effective basketball is the only way to go ahead, Spurs and houston management are downright evil on this

then again its more than brilliance its more of hometown discount .. timmy and parker are making a lot less than their worth

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Warriors, Ainge, houston, hollins in or out, Lebron, pacers/granger , bulls, cuban

Next couple of seasons would be great :eek:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I heard somewhere Kevin Love might end up in Chicago if bulls tried

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
great article like the one you posted .. three point shooters who can defend like green and barnes of clips are a rare commodity even if it doesnt look like it.

Effective basketball is the only way to go ahead, Spurs and houston management are downright evil on this

then again its more than brilliance its more of hometown discount .. timmy and parker are making a lot less than their worth

klays a much better defender than Barnes right now. But i actually like the combo. 2 wings who can play above average defense. I cant remember last time i said that about warriors lol.

i think tony signed his contract before 2011 which is when i'd say he really broke out. Lets just say if he signed it after 11-12 season he'd get max money

and duncan, like KG, stopped making max money this year cause of his age.

Manu is a free agent. Obviously he won't leave but i['m curious what he'll get. He had a poor injury plagued year and at 35. i mean what can he really get?

then again if spurs massively low ball him, i mean someone will pay manu, cause...he's manu

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mau makes 14 million for christs sake .. but he plays absolutely when you need him most :D he said he will take a major pay cut to stay here and pop kinda take care of his guys .. without manu second unit is shit even if he is old.

Manu coordinates everything in the second unit .. splitters deal is up .. that might end up affecting manu.. but i dont think manu will play more than one year. I wont mind iguodala but he aint worth the money he will be getting in this off season, too costly same with josh smith

Its going to be a funny off season

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
mau makes 14 million for christs sake .. but he plays absolutely when you need him most :D he said he will take a major pay cut to stay here and pop kinda take care of his guys .. without manu second unit is shit even if he is old.

Manu coordinates everything in the second unit .. splitters deal is up .. that might end up affecting manu.. but i dont think manu will play more than one year. I wont mind iguodala but he aint worth the money he will be getting in this off season, too costly same with josh smith

iirc, manu had an escalating contract. coordinated in a way he'd get paid most when duncan's max contract expired and he signed smaller deal #capmanagement

i dunno what iguodala will get though. Historically a guy like him (not a big scorer) doesn't get a huge deal. But everyone knows how good he is at other things.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
iirc, manu had an escalating contract. coordinated in a way he'd get paid most when duncan's max contract expired and he signed smaller deal #capmanagement

fuck i forgot that

any money spend on manu ginobili is never wasted :o

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf

get dwight. :g: :o :o :o :o :o

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dwight in san antonio puleeeeeeeez he want LA or Brooklyn

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Knicks problems are bigger than Melo. Yes, I wish he pass more and shoot less but Woodson told him to shot as much as possible. Management is a bigger issue. Our management has been equivalent to Milan a few years ago a bunch of quick fix solution but no long term planning.

We had some solid piece but gave them all away just to bring Melo to NY. I think Walsh was our GM at that time and he was 100& confident he could of gotten Melo in the summer but Dolan wanted Melo and you don't go against Dolan.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Knicks problems are bigger than Melo. Yes, I wish he pass more and shoot less but Woodson told him to shot as much as possible. Management is a bigger issue. Our management has been equivalent to Milan a few years ago a bunch of quick fix solution but no long term planning.

We had some solid piece but gave them all away just to bring Melo to NY. I think Walsh was our GM at that time and he was 100& confident he could of gotten Melo in the summer but Dolan wanted Melo and you don't go against Dolan.

dolan is root of all knicks problems

seriously, he took control of team in 99?

look at knicks since then, cohan/sterling level bafoonery

-

and you're right, melo's not particularly the problem, the problem is more expectations he can actually do more than he has. He's a chucker, always has been, always will be. At 29, he aint changing. He doesn't make the team play

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
ibxIWAoBapmIao.gif

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
that was lower than amateur defense

knicks transition D has been poor all year though. Go figure, older teams struggle when tempo is pushed.

Prigioni and Felton just got murdered by stephenson tho

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
For Sasha :lol:

BJ6epvACMAAyc2E.jpg

We don't want them :o

Lol, you were more than willing to accept all those bandwagon celebs in 2007 (Jessica Alba).

This summer we're just gonna bitch at Dwight no matter what he decides. :tongue:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lol, you were more than willing to accept all those bandwagon celebs in 2007 (Jessica Alba).

This summer we're just gonna bitch at Dwight no matter what he decides. :tongue:

jessica alba is good friends w/ baron davis, hence why she came.

i miss boom dizzles swag. Too bad he's for sure retired.
he just does weird shit-

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
bird has been pacers president of basketball ops since 2003.

has one of best draft records of anyone. Hasn't had a pick in the top 7 iirc

Schedule