Reaction score
B1DOEX9CcAAcTSj.jpg:large

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i learned posso abbracciarti in case i had the amazing good fortune to run into maldini on the streets of milano :love:

silly, i know...one can only hope :(

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
27/11/2014 BRAUN & MILAN Foundation United!

MILAN – Paolo Maldini and Javier Zanetti met 450 school-kids to discuss respect, style and leadership on Thursday.

Only a handful of days after the derby, Milan and Inter were reunited as part of the important social project "Shave your Style - #rispettailmiostile", launched by the Milan Foundation and in collaboration with Braun a few weeks ago.

The latest initiative was aimed at helping adolescents, a group that often has difficulties developing self-confidence and creating inter-personal relationships.

And for the occasion, Milan’s legendary captain Paolo Maldini and Inter’s Vice-President and likewise legendary captain Javier Zanetti, met with 450 school-kids from secondary schools in Milan to talk about their experiences of respect, but also their experiences of leadership and their style. Fair Play is also a running theme of the project.

The participation of the 2 football greats will no doubt prove to be an invaluable experience for these school-kids who growing up, and in particular during their teens, will encounter testing moments.

Opponents respect each other out on the pitch and Maldini and Zanetti are testimony to this. Every footballer, regardless of the side he or she plays for, puts his personal style to the test, technical and personal. Every different style forms the team and helps contribute to the overall success. In football, just like in life, the outcome can be a success or a defeat.

The objective is to ensure the school-kids understand the message loud and clear: to be a leader you need your own style, but above all you must respect the style of others, without ever falling into the trap of bullying, a theme which is unfortunately far too present nowadays in the news.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Thursday November 27 2014 Maldini: ‘De Sciglio like me’

Paolo Maldini has backed Mattia De Sciglio to emulate his Milan career - and admits he supported Juventus as a child.

Maldini made a record 902 appearances for the Rossoneri in his 24 seasons at San Siro, winning seven Scudetti and five Champions League titles.

Speaking at a Braun event at Milan Foundation, the former captain identified Mattia De Sciglio as his heir, and revealed his initial Bianconero leanings.

At the start I was a Juve fan,” Maldini told a room of young people and members of the Press.

Then I started to play for Milan and I started supporting them, also in part due to my father" [Cesare].

For 50 years now there’s always been a Maldini at Milan" [Maldini’s son Christian is currently on the books at the Rossoneri].

Being Milan captain after my dad was something I wanted to do, it was a great honour in my life".

As for the current squad, I think De Sciglio can follow a similar path to me at Milan. Things aren’t going too well at the moment, but he can have a career like mine.

Despite his legendary status, Maldini was criticised by a section of the Milan support on his last appearance, with Ultras unveiling a banner accusing Maldini of having no respect for fans.

It wasn’t an easy time, and it was also unexpected,” the former Italian international admitted.

There were 70,000 people there, but we only remember that small minority of fans."

I am a thinking man, and I said things as they were."

That reception was a good thing, because it showed an even bigger divide between me and that side of football, I don’t think that’s the future of the sport."

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Attending His son's game :proud:

B3mrTCgCAAA2mTG.jpg:large

His son, "CHRISTIAN", has scored the first goal against Perugia but then he got injured and been replaced by Francesco Bordi in 36 minutes.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Jam Jam; Il Capitano in your island; no excuses from your side!

B5tjfomCQAAboJ1.jpg:large

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jamjam lives in a town? :eek: wan't he some island peasant?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Yea he came to the Maldives in the early 2000s (or was it late 90s? I don't really remember), my uncle was his tour guide. I think I posted about it in this thread before, one of my first posts I believe. :lol:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Yea he came to the Maldives in the early 2000s (or was it late 90s? I don't really remember), my uncle was his tour guide. I think I posted about it in this thread before, one of my first posts I believe. :lol:

Post a pic or signed jersey or commit seppuku!

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
He's so fucking beautiful, there's the whole of Milan right there.

Schedule