Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Kuzimoto said:
you happy for Sevilla?
hope you will have a different mood,when we face them in the SuperCup. ;)

Yeah i hate real ,of course when we play them i`m not gonna be on the sevilla side :)

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Oliviera scores for Zaragoza again...

Yeah and did you see his goal... Disastrous keeper.

---

Sevilla raped Real at Bernabeu - really impressing, this Sevilla side is probably the most underrated side in football last 10 years. It'll be very delicate to see what they can come up with vs us in the European Supercup.

And Real is full of crappy players who doesn't deserve to wear the holy shirts, I wonder what on earth Mijatovic&co are doing. Not to mention that every single player they've purchased is way overpriced.

I'll be laughing my ass off when Cassano once again becomes one of the worlds best footballers !

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Shuster will be there till november maximum. They need at least 3 years to build their squad.They will beg Capello to come back and to win matches 1:0 but that was their another mistake. They lost most of the key players for nothing, noebody want's to join them, what a brilliant menagment they have.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Yes indeed :D Real's lack of patience is on stage for all to see yet again.

That Renato dude was pretty good. Anyone know much of his past?

Rex

Reaction score
I guess Capello won't back, the management is racing against time to have eventually 'local entrenador' in charge if until December is coming, Schuster has failed to deliver.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
^i cant vote on it. it claims ive already voted.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Same problem, I can't vote either. My answer would be Valencia, however.

A friend of mine pointed out this particular bit of interest...

Season - EPL Champions - La Liga Champions
2000-2001 - Manchester United - Real Madrid
2001-2002 - Arsenal - Valencia CF
2002-2003 - Manchester United - Real Madrid
2003-2004 - Arsenal - Valencia CF
2004-2005 - Chelsea - FC Barcelona
2005-2006 - Chelsea - FC Barcelona
2006-2007 - Manchester United - Real Madrid

Seriously. It's Valencia's turn. :tongue:

INsider

Banned
Reaction score
albion tifo said:
Shuster will be there till november maximum. They need at least 3 years to build their squad.They will beg Capello to come back and to win matches 1:0 but that was their another mistake.
schuster is an overrated tosser
not up to task at all

but i hope he'll stay a little longer just for the laughs :D

re capello -
"you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

he was exactly what they needed
a strong enforcer of discipline

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
censorthiis said:
Seriously. It's Valencia's turn. :tongue:
Clever :D

Think Barca's impressive squad will prevail. If they don't, Sevilla would be my favorite if they can maintain their impressive form of late - albeit not against us. Can't see Valencia lifting it mainly because I don't see Helguera filling Ayala's shoes. Then of course, there's the little matter of Real (or Barca) offering large amounts to lesser teams to create the odd upset or two :rolleyes:

Hence the reason why I'm voting for Sevilla.

Edit: Poll not working.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Rex said:
Poll has been updated. :)

if Celta de Vigo made the list, then Real Zaragoza should make it to

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I think Barcelona will win the league, but I also believe it is time for some upset, and maybe Valencia or Sevilla could win it. So my prediction is that either of those 3 teams will win it (although, I would like to see how Sevilla handles things without Alves, the rest of their team is pretty good, but to lose the star of the team is always a big blow).

Madrid would have won it if they would have left Capello there. Not only are they building a new team once again, Shuster is under the obligation to play nice football + win the league, and he won't be able to handle it. Unless all their friendlies have been a scheme, I highly doubt he will be able to do anything, and his head alongside Calderon's will roll. I actually feel pity for him, cause this is the type of task that a relative new coach shouldn't get just yet, Madrid had to look for someone with more credentials. On top of that, their only good DM (as Shuster just doesn't like anything that Capello brought...*cough*Gago*cough*), Diarra, will be missing for a month do to the African Cup (spect to see lots of goals against them or Gago stepping up to the ocassion).

Celta is relegated...it's going to be a really weird miracle to see them winning La Liga :tongue:.

Edit: I changed Celta for Real Zaragoza, they have a nice team too, but at most I see them reaching the 4th place.

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
i recommend Real Madrid do somethin' about their defence for a change... especially their LB position... and with Heinze not allowed to join Liverpool... he could be the ideal man for them...

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
LOLZ... that was quick of them to get him... and i thought all they were interested in are more attackin' midfielders & forwards...

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
So they got Diarra because...?
It doesn't have to be exclusive. They can be interested in any player in the media's eye and also other players as well, no?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah ... like censorthiis said, doesn't have to be exclusive :D

Nevertheless, if I remember correctly, Diarra did make quite a fuss about joining Real (a life time dream, etc.) and the media was all over it and Aulas' hesitation (or overpricing, whichever suits) of letting him go.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
schuster seems to be a kid in a candy shop...he cant stop asking for stuff, instead of working with his team to build it.
id give him time till dec. madrid will languish down in 7-8th spot by then, and he will be out.

oh and money on madrid to get fucked this weekend against atletico.

tflF

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All the Italians who play for AC Milan
Atletico will win it this season...i'm not joking they have one hell of a team and i believe they are going to win the title...Barca i hope they get fucked like Real will get fucked too...i wonder were will Henry be fielded....he can't be in for MESSIAH or Eto'o or Ronaldinho....and they can't play with four strikerss!!!!!

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
madtherchot said:
Yeah ... like censorthiis said, doesn't have to be exclusive :D

Nevertheless, if I remember correctly, Diarra did make quite a fuss about joining Real (a life time dream, etc.) and the media was all over it and Aulas' hesitation (or overpricing, whichever suits) of letting him go.
Ah, well I misread your previous posts as saying "Real are ONLY interested..."

My mistake ;)

PS- What happened to the poll?

Rex

Reaction score
Because the edited one wouldn't work for you to vote in, so the only way the poll has to be stripped.

Now Admin can make a new one.

tflF

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
may i strip it myself sir? :D

tflF

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
no...i don't like to watch...let's not get carried away ;) let anybody strip it and just make us happy...i vote Atletico.

Rex

Reaction score
Alright then. :) May I ask you, what's reason do you have finally picking them as La Liga campiones ?

Schedule