Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
can somebody tell me is berlusconi that rich because there is rumors going around even in the past 2 season's that if we dont get cl then we wont have any money to spend, i know the cl is the place to be for money but come on surely he has some lying around somewhere.
the reason we didn't get ibra because we had to qualify for cl then inter came in under our noses, got him and the rest is history.
next season lots of sources say if we dont get cl then we cant afford players like drogba, berbatov etc i think this is bullshit look at spurs in the epl they haven't had cl before but still spent £56mil last summer, middlesborough over £20mil, and quite a few other teams in the epl are spending more than us even though there are not in cl and some not in uefa cup.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Dann said:
can somebody tell me is berlusconi that rich because there is rumors going around even in the past 2 season's that if we dont get cl then we wont have any money to spend, i know the cl is the place to be for money but come on surely he has some lying around somewhere.
the reason we didn't get ibra because we had to qualify for cl then inter came in under our noses, got him and the rest is history.
next season lots of sources say if we dont get cl then we cant afford players like drogba, berbatov etc i think this is bullshit look at spurs in the epl they haven't had cl before but still spent £56mil last summer, middlesborough over £20mil, and quite a few other teams in the epl are spending more than us even though there are not in cl and some not in uefa cup.

He is that rich. It's that his daughter, I believe, is holding the purse strings.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
where is the money that he gained when winning CL?
:conf:

marconico

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Rossonero player!!
vashil said:
where is the money that he gained when winning CL?
:conf:

To pay for his political campaign expenses....
Anyway,he gained his popularity from Milan...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pirlo Fan said:
"I think Milan will have to...find a powerful striker. Shevchenko is a physically strong player who is still in our heart and that of every Milan fan."
Talk about contradicting oneself. :rolleyes:

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
B 'n G...
Please don't let me to see Brochhi,Serginho,Favalli next season..I'm sick of it!!!!
but Ba is an exception.... :D

Last edited:

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
look what G(ay) said :head:

Galliani: UEFA Cup? We'll Take It

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani admits that he will accept it if his club fails to qualify for the Champions League, a statement which will no doubt shock Rossoneri fans.

The Rossoneri are currently fifth in Serie A and four points behind Fiorentina who occupy the remaining Champions League place.

It seems unlikely with eight games remaining that the Via Turati club can claw back the deficit over the Viola.

However Galliani insists that he will take the UEFA Cup if things go badly.

“We are unhappy with fifth place and we hope we can take the fourth place,” said Galliani.

“We won’t finish the season empty handed though as we have already won two international trophies.”

“Milan in the UEFA Cup? I can't imagine this but if it happens then we will take it.”

The chief also spoke about Alexandre Pato and Galliani is hoping the up and coming Brazilian star will stay at Milan for life.

“Pato gave me some emotions, he has a great future given that he scores on every debut," he beamed. "I hope we have found our striker for the next 10-15 years.”

The Rossoneri clash with Atalanta this weekend and no doubt they will be hoping to close the gap on Fiorentina if they are to have any chance of finishing in the all important fourth place this season.

source: http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=637686

,,l,, -_- ,,l,, (directed to G/Gay)

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
inomilan said:
However Galliani insists that he will take the UEFA Cup if things go badly.
inomilan said:
“We are unhappy with fifth place and we hope we can take the fourth place,” said Galliani.
inomilan said:
“Milan in the UEFA Cup? I can't imagine this but if it happens then we will take it.”
He said that he will accept Milan playing in UC if we don't reach 4th place. I understand that our bad transfer policy is the one to be blamed, but in this case I am 100% with G because he can't do anything right now to improve our results and because everything he said is true and its our reality.

nowhereman

Primavera
Reaction score
inomilan said:
i wasn't insulting them, i was insulting G for being gay by accepting UEFA Cup will be good enough

I was only kidding :)
I meant no offense to you or G or gays. And, I am not gay :D

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Sounds like Galliani is finally starting to give up.

The next thing I'm waiting for is that they admit how they f*cked up last summer and this january.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Shouldn't this thread be called "Crappy Berlusconi + Galliani thread"?

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
So what if Milan fails to reach champions league? Same thing happened to Bayern. I remember when Bayern finished last season they were out of CL, Beckenbauer was so angry he told that uefa cup is for loosers only. Look at them now, they are still competing in uefa cup and they're favorite for the title. That was prudish cause if they wanted they could have easily loose from hearts and claim they didn't want to win it. Galliani simply said that if we fail to reach 4th place than milan will play in uefa cup which is ok for me. At least he is facing the facts and being realistic. Of course it will be hard to accept it if it happens after all those glorious years but better uefa cup than nothing.

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
so if Milan is in the UEFA Cup... what will you people complainin' about it do? take it or go support another club? honestly... what is there to do except take it? it's not like Galliani can go to UEFA & request to let us participate in the CL...
just what i wanted to say..

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
I wouldn't mind either if we end up at UEFA cup , because first of all we need major adjustment to our squad... test it out with the other small euro teams.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
so if Milan is in the UEFA Cup... what will you people complainin' about it do? take it or go support another club? honestly... what is there to do except take it? it's not like Galliani can go to UEFA & request to let us participate in the CL...
Thank you :)

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
Uefa cup or not I think we should focus on Seria A and take the Coppa and Uefa as a youth trial!

Seriously lets meld the old with the new and prepare for the season to come.

2010 in Madrid Bitches!

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
I personally won't be seriously upset if Milan don't qualify.. Serves management right in my opinion.

The only reason I'm hoping for the CL-spot is that it can be used to lure some classy player to our team. But Bayern is a good example of what you can still do even if you're not in the CL. But I'm not too psyched about out transfer period, especially if we "only" get to play in the UEFA Cup. Galliani & co. after all have kept their "transfer guru"-titles up high soooo well..

But only summer will tell what will happen.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Okay, we are now in a low tide, according to B from acmilan.com

MILAN - At the end of a political meeting, Silvio Berlusconi repslied to a question about Milan: "I'm worried like all Rossoneri fans," declred the Milan president. "The wins have gone and after that there's always the low tide

I don't whether to laugh hysterically at this or to pound my head against a wall

Also, they really need to make use of spellcheck on the English page

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
grounder said:
I personally won't be seriously upset if Milan don't qualify.. Serves management right in my opinion.

The only reason I'm hoping for the CL-spot is that it can be used to lure some classy player to our team. But Bayern is a good example of what you can still do even if you're not in the CL. But I'm not too psyched about out transfer period, especially if we "only" get to play in the UEFA Cup. Galliani & co. after all have kept their "transfer guru"-titles up high soooo well..

But only summer will tell what will happen.

I agree it does serve management right, for their lack of foresight. It's just too bad that we the fans that saw this coming have to suffer with unwatchable football. :head:

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
I have faith in our management, though my faith in Ancelotti has been a bit shaken. Since I've been following Milan, I've seen many highs and lows in our game, and we've always come back. First seasons I remember wholly and I've watched more than 50% of the games were the 1997 and 1998. As some of you may remember we were awful, and Milan fans witnessed heavy defeats of their team. However, those who remained loyal, the true fans, saw their favorite team come back and reach the heights we reached. I see this as a poor season, yes, but not a catastrophic one. I'm sure that in a few years we'll be back on top, we just have to be patient, and cheer for our team, because that is what being a fan means. As I said in one of my first posts here, the first time I cried for a football match was when Baggio scored against Juventus in our defeat, but then again, if we demanded the head of Berlusconi back then, and got it, I doubt Milan would have been as successful in the past few years.

And as some forum members said, "I would take Pato over any striker.". It's obvious that our management is doing things, and I'm sure they will pull a few things this summer and maybe the next, so I bet that in maximum 4-5 years we will win the Champions League again, maybe even twice :)

And playing in the UEFA cup isn't a humiliation. I remember us playing Borusia Dortmund in the semi finals (I think) and losing 4-0 in the first leg. The second leg was a shocker, as we led 2-0 at half time, and attacked as hell in the second only to score a late 3-0 goal, but then gave away a penalty. Very intense game, though we lost. Made me proud of being a Milan fan, so hell, if we play such games, and even win them, I see no shame in playing in the UEFA cup.

atreides602

Cuore Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gullit, maldini , pato, baressi
mam - i agree with you, altough last summer we wasted too many chances on the market , they make a bet and loose , let's wait for the summer mercato and see if they realized theyr mistake and try to fix it , it's no use blame-ing them right now , every one make wrong choises now end then, important thing is to try to undo them .

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Every team has an off season once in a while. You can't say we haven't been competitive in the past seasons. I agree last year we showed inconsistency but in the end the team delivered the goods. This year we're poor. Next year, we'll see. And B&G can't do shit right now, so yeah, maybe in the summer things will change.

As for everyone calling for the head of Ancelotti, I guess he should somehow step down from his place and let someone else finish the season... say Billy? As far as I remember, it was Maldini/Tassotti duo who ransacked Inter 6-0? Why not Billy/Tassotti?

I know I'm biased about Billy, but IMHO, Milan can't function with a coach who is not a part of the already established Milan family. The past few coaches with the exception of Zaccheroni (though all he did was one scudetto) proved that this is the right choice.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Mr. Anonymous said:
I agree it does serve management right, for their lack of foresight. It's just too bad that we the fans that saw this coming have to suffer with unwatchable football. :head:
heh, we really think alike :=)

i dont care that much if we try to win and loose in the process... shit happens and fans are sad. But when you see players that dont give a fuck when trailing 0-2 at sacred san siro... it makes me wishing to grab something and beat those lazy asses with it real hard.

Noone should get a pay for this week because they did nothing for 7 days!

MilanDelaware

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Albertini, Gattuso
From Goal.com

Berlusconi’s Milan have had a simply dreadful season, and are already out of the Champions League, and struggling to qualify for next season’s competition as they languish in sixth place in Serie A.

The Rossoneri are expected to conduct a summer revolution, with a host of old players such as Cafu, Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli and Dario Simic, all to be released.

A number of top-class players have been linked with a move to San Siro ahead of next season, and Berlusconi was asked about a few names.

"Amauri? Drogba? These are good players, but my players are also my good,” he said.

“Cristiano Ronaldo? He doesn’t impress me. We have our own champions.”

Ronaldo will be looking to prove the former Italian prime minister wrong tonight during the Champions League clash with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

The Portuguese wizard has been in stunning form this campaign, scoring 35 goals in 38 games in all competitions.

35 goals in 38 games is terrible. Have we even scored 35 goals this year?

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
MilanDelaware said:
35 goals in 38 games is terrible. Have we even scored 35 goals this year?

we are pathetic right now.. but if we can't score 35 goals in a season we are beyond pathetic. just in Serie A we already scored 46 goals (until vs Atalanta). and we conceded 29 goals.

Last edited:

Schedule