The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is my Scudetto this season, has been since October.
New stadium & potential new investors. The new stadium won't come without be financed by new investors.

The new coach will also be the topic for the next month as well.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
both have their pros and cons, but Giroud 37 years old and is playing almost 3 times a week. He is not able to handle that - his pressing game is gone befcause of that and our play is one dimensional. Give the ball leao, cross and giroud heads or strikes - that aint working anymore. It isn't about who is better, also common sense.
Idd we play so predictable, just pass to leao and hope lol.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But also when you play deep trough pass/ long ball, Giroud will not be able to run to it. That forces us to play this way also.
And then we have him as one of our few “sure bets” who can score off of half chances.

Almost as if this squad isn’t good :lol:

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But also when you play deep trough pass/ long ball, Giroud will not be able to run to it. That forces us to play this way also.
Playing 37 year old Giroud as sole striker wont work. Maybe In turkish league that can work. But not when you play in serie a or UEL.
Leao is often absend in the game, Loftus is not a cam, and Pulisic I think is a bit wasted as rw in this tactic

BrianAC

Primavera
Reaction score
Playing 37 year old Giroud as sole striker wont work. Maybe In turkish league that can work. But not when you play in serie a or UEL.
Leao is often absend in the game, Loftus is not a cam, and Pulisic I think is a bit wasted as rw in this tactic
I don't think Leao is the problem, Giroud was canceled out of the game and the ball movement was to slow, so he never really had 1 on 1. It happens once and he burned Celik, who got booked.
The tactic is, here Leao, here is the ball, do something. Against mediocre teams that is possible, but for the level we need, the whole teams to deliver not only him

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last time was a 3-2 home win at the beginning of last season with CDK on the field.
Just lucky then. Same problems existed.

Except back then Pioli is still the trope beating genius to some people. :LOL:

Milanista from Russia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Okafor has been sitting on the bench all season, while sometimes going out for 15-20 minutes, he regularly scores. And not at all in the style of Leau and not from his zone. However, Pioli did not do anything to ensure that the team had a plan B in case of a recession/injury in Giroud. As a result, in the most important matches of the season, the opponent's defense center can do anything without really caring about the opponent

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okafor has been sitting on the bench all season, while sometimes going out for 15-20 minutes, he regularly scores. And not at all in the style of Leau and not from his zone. However, Pioli did not do anything to ensure that the team had a plan B in case of a recession/injury in Giroud. As a result, in the most important matches of the season, the opponent's defense center can do anything without really caring about the opponent
Origi returning in the summer :proud:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Leao is the problem, Giroud was canceled out of the game and the ball movement was to slow, so he never really had 1 on 1. It happens once and he burned Celik, who got booked.
The tactic is, here Leao, here is the ball, do something. Against mediocre teams that is possible, but for the level we need, the whole teams to deliver not only him
Well judging by the fact we are after a CF, it seems like they understand we’ve gotten all the mileage out of our current beater car.

Now whether they purchase a new or a certified used will be a big question mark. I wouldn’t be surprised if we balk at bidding wars and high asking fees, so my expectations isn’t high

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont say Leao is the problem, but his inconsistency also dont help.

As a coach you need suprise other teams with some new approach. Not playing the same shit everytime. What have we learned from previous week against Roma ? Nothing.
Pioli just continue to play the same way.

Adli, Chukwueze, Reijnders, Jovic he keeps on the bench :fp:

BrianAC

Primavera
Reaction score
Well judging by the fact we are after a CF, it seems like they understand we’ve gotten all the mileage out of our current beater car.

Now whether they purchase a new or a certified used will be a big question mark. I wouldn’t be surprised if we balk at bidding wars and high asking fees, so my expectations isn’t high
thats what i'm scared off also... but we need to do something

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Suma said there is no magic wand. We all say Pioli Pioli Pioli and he is our great alibi and responsible of all our errors but things will be hard next season too. We should not think that with Pioli gone then all the problems are solved. This squad lacks personality and many other things. Our management will analyze everything not just the work of Pioli
50 mill budget confirmed?
People want to bring in Conte, but the only spot that would suit Calabria is in midfield. I suppose he could play wing back but I don't think he's good there. Not enough pace and technical ability. Calabria can pass pretty well, and I think with instruction, moves off the ball well, too. It's why Pioli's doing the weird stuff with him in the first place.
His control is the main issue though. Cant use his left to receive the ball and quickly move it on.

I get why people loathe him because of his technical ability, just let him do a job as a RB, platooning with another

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
You’re both in T&T

surely youve been around the same areas at some point
Now I know you're American

I live in the land of many tax avoiders - we house all your money and the getaway homes of Gates, Cuban, the Busch family and many others I dont know about.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
thats what i'm scared off also... but we need to do something
we “needed” to do something for RW but our answer was salad and Messias loan from serie b team.

We “needed” to do something for DM but our answer was try to offer 6m for Dominguez (he went for 8m plus a player valued at 10m) and like 10-12m for Hjulmand (went for 17m + bonuses) and NOT to give Krunic a raise despite allegedly centering the new midfield around him

We’ve taken the road to pay little to get by and sample before you commit until we had a big sale in Tonali, it’s paid off. It’s why we don’t have too many deadweights to get rid off other than when *redacted* had his power trip. So unless there’s a big sale, I doubt we will change thst strategy

Last edited:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bring me Nagelsmann

And the management are having Julen Lopetegui on their mind who is Pioli's age or a year younger or so. Bitch please.

Bringing in a less established coach means he will not be as demanding as a more successful one because simply he is in no position to demand given his not-so-impressive track record.

But I would still be ok with a less established coach if HE IS A YOUNG COACH. That is it, no other way.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This morning’s edition of the newspaper Corriere dello Sport (via PianetaMilan) writes how Leao effectively made himself evanescent when his team-mates needed him. Aside from drawing the red card from Zeki Celik and crossing for Matteo Gabbia’s goal, it was a performance that fell short of all expectations.

The Portuguese winger was powerless in the face of a Milan team that sank with each passing minute. There were many confused and ill-executed ideas, few dribbles, few crosses/passes and often done badly, and far too many stumbles. It was reminiscent of the first leg.

The most symbolic moment of the night came when Olivier Giroud was furious at a poor choice by Rafa, namely when he sent in a cross without looking that totally overshot everyone and went out for a goal kick. The Frenchman looked perplexed at the ex-Lille man, who responded with a grimace.

:lol:

Leao dont even care. Time to sell his ass

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
50 mill budget confirmed?
Plus player sales and wages saved, that's like £100 million blah blah blah....

That's more than enough for a CF, DM, CB, back up for Theo, Leao and whatever...

15033f5c861001cb482c1553977c0476.gif

If we keep pivoting, moving goalposts, drinking the RedBird coolaid and poking ourselves in the eyes with dicks it's all going to turn out ok bro.

Plus, has everyone forgot we're winning the Accounting Scudetto again and the Hard-done By Cup.

And least we forget, Ibra will sort everything out... Gerry said so!

yes-awesome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule