The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
9 out of 10 for me - I actually think we've bought too many players...

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Lapadula was trash. Has no business playing on an Italian team aiming for the UCL. He belongs in the MLS.

Spielberg

Bald Eagle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nocerino, Abate
Frankly, it all started with CR7 being unsettled at the end of last season, and we just let it pass on by us. It was a 0/10 failure before it even got started.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The truth is finally here.

F+M sent from inter to destroy milan.

Well played sir, well played.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Frankly, it all started with CR7 being unsettled at the end of last season, and we just let it pass on by us. It was a 0/10 failure before it even got started.

We could of had a front 3 of CR7 (unsettled)-Ibra (for free)-Neymar (such an easy release clause). What could have been.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@real_andrea9 33m33 minutes ago
Passi avanti per @MBaye9Niang al @TorinoFC_1906 . Offerta toro 12 (disposto a salire a 15) , richiesta milan 18.

Niang closer to Torino, they've offered 12m (willing to go up to 15m) but Milan requesting 18m.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
LOL at the guy saying Bacca was an extraordinary striker wtf and who is this playmaker

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Oh boy, this post. Where to start? I guess at the top

Many of you are making the same mistake while rating this mercato of ours: you compare what we had with what we have and by comparing Bonucci to Paletta and Calhanoglu to Pasalić. In my opinion while rating our mercato we should focus on how much money Fassone and Mirabelli spent + what positions needed reinforcements the most.

One doesn't exclude the other, rather it complements each other and helps judging accurately. Both needs and whether they've been addressed need to be examined as well as the overall difference in level after the mercato.

Also the relation of money spent in relation to what we got and how much we improved is extremely positive in our favor.

From this point of view this mercato is great, but not 10/10. We had decent defenders (Zapata and Paletta proved not once and not twice, that they are able to play on high level in serie A) and we replaced them with much, much better ones - it's obvious.

First off, I disagree with it not being 10/10. Why will follow throughout the post. Saying that Zapata and Paletta have proven themelves as capable to play at a high level is simply incorrect. They're both liabilities - Zapata has incredible mistakes at inopportune times while Paletta has been out of place a lot when playing up higher. This has been part of the reason why he has collected an unacceptable amount of dismissals during the last season. We got Musacchio and Bonucci instead - saying they're much better is an understatement, especially in the case of Bonucci. We're not only gotten higher level defenders, they fit much better with what Montella is trying to do.

We had an outstanding striker and an average one and replaced them with weaker one (Kalinic) and more talented one (Silva).

Bacca was not even an outstanding poacher - the thing he's supposed to excel at. Kalinic is coming off a marginally better season than Bacca but with a much better attitude for the locker room. Silva is already better than Bacca, can do much more in build up play and can become a true force in the future. How you are underrating this move is a mystery to me.

We had a great talent and an extraordinary playmaker and still we decided to buy another one, IMO just for fun, there isn't any reason in this decision (as much as I like Biglia's style)

Who is the extraordinary playmaker? The talent I assume is Locatelli - who is still not completely ready to play a full season as a starter for a challenging team. Are you talking about Montolivo? You better not be if you don't want people to burst into hysteric laughter. Biglia is much needed and regarded as the best transfer next to Bonucci for a reason.

In the meantime we let go our starter left winger and didn't replace him with anyone, we let Kucka go without having any replacement for him, we put Niang on the transfer list with putting Jack on LCM position and without buying anyone on RW and LW position.

Technically we replaced Deulofeu with Borini. He might score less, but both are essentially pacey wingers that dive, Borini more successfully from what we've seen. We couldn't really hold on to Deulofeu anyway and we can still flex Bona or Hakan but we're likely moving towards 3-5-2 to accomodate Roma, Bonucci and Musacchio. We replaced Kucka with a much better player - Kessie. Kucka was a fighter but he had a really bad season last year. Definitely not Milan level player anymore - it was good to cash in here. Are you listing selling Niang as a negative? That'd be a big plus to get money for a worthless player.

It's obvious that we have bought great players, but mostly we strenghten our best positions without adressing our biggest needs. That's why I'm not able to rate this mercato 10/10. It's possible to end this mercato with this note, right, but now Fassone doesn't deserve this note.

We had horrible fullbacks, no creative midfielders and no capable strikers. We got - 2 amazing attacking fullbacks, Hakan & Lucas for creativity, Kessie to drive our game forward and we added Silva and Kalinic for attack to replace Bacca and Lapadula. How did we not address our weaknesses? :lol:

We also replaced a red card collecting liability with Bonucci for gods sake and Zapata with Musacchio.

Frankly buying Bonucci won't change our play more than having Borini on the wing

If you believe that getting Bonucci, the premier ball playing and passing centre back, is not going to change your play, then I really can only pray for you.

and that's why Fassone and Mirabelli should buy any other winger ASAP (however even with Keita or any other winger we will have only 3 players on 2 positions + injury prone Jack with low-stamina Hakan on third position). Still remember that Montella uses LW as a SS in attacking third, thus Borini isn't a bad choice as a backup. We need players with this characteristic in there (well, Montella needs), so I can't see Bonaventura or Hakan playing LW without changing a lot in our system.

A winger wouldn't necessarily hurt but it doesn't really change the rating of the mercato at this point. Bonus - to call Bonaventura injury prone is simply wrong - he had one big injury last season but overall he's been in decent shape in recent years. Hakan is going to be less sluggish as the season progresses and he gets up to fitness. So you have concerns that don't really exist or will become less of an issue with time.

Having no backup for Kessie is the lesser problem, but still a problem - yesterday we all could see that he isn't able to play 3x90minutes per week. Therefore I can't see why we let Kucka go, since we didn't earn a lot on his transfer + he didn't want to go (which is the reason why I understand Bacca's transfer) + he earned peanuts (much less than his future replacement will earn for sure).

Theoretically Locatelli or Montolivo can give Kessie a breather. The midfield can be rearranged in various ways. Sure - I'd love to have another superb midfielder but a 10/10 mercato doesn't equal a 10/10 team.

With a winger and a midfielder I would rate this mercato 9/10. I can't honestly rate this mercato any higher because I'm sure that with this amount of money we spent we were able to find and bring better players and strenghten the squad more.

Have you seen market prizes recently? We've spent less than 200 mil iirc and managed to turn this squad from a midtable team to a contender featuring the best centre back in the world. If that's not 10/10 then idk what is.

TL;DR: MERCATO IS 10/10 - everything else doesn't matter

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
9 out of 10 for me - I actually think we've bought too many players...

Generally buying many players can be tricky but we had to. Our squad last season was a dumpster fire and it's still a miracle we finished 6th and won super Coppa.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
@real_andrea9 33m33 minutes ago
Passi avanti per @MBaye9Niang al @TorinoFC_1906 . Offerta toro 12 (disposto a salire a 15) , richiesta milan 18.

Niang closer to Torino, they've offered 12m (willing to go up to 15m) but Milan requesting 18m.

:lol::lol::lol: If they get triple what they paid - bandits!!!

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Damn, I so prayed that we don't have big fuckups at the start so THIS doesn't happen, but even a small one set it off :fp:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Damn, I so prayed that we don't have big fuckups at the start so THIS doesn't happen, but even a small one set it off :fp:

Classic RnB - win 2:1 when multiple players underperform - end of the world :lol:

If we won the EL this year, someone will probably complain that we didn't win the CL.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Oh boy, this post. Where to start? I guess at the top

(...)

TL;DR: MERCATO IS 10/10 - everything else doesn't matter

tl;dr - "we will be better, so you should rate this mercato now as the best ever"
:fp:
As I don't live in your fantastyworld it's pointless to discuss with you.

Fun to see that brainless Montolivo haters still try to throw shit on him even after last games, when he was far better than Locatelli, Hakan or even Kessie. :lol:

Montella said:
Montolivo? If I have to single out any player I will do it to Riccardo. He played an extraordinary match. I have seen him grow a lot compared to last year. After a heavy injury of that type he needs time and who knows, maybe even having given up the captain’s armband has made him more serene.

“Montolivo as an internal-midfielder [he played as a side midfielder after Biglia came on]? He can do it. On Sunday, he played well as a playmaker and as an internal midfielder, he’s a very flexible player. He also has the shot and can score, he has quality
Nuff said.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Didnt Montella coach Montolivo in Fiorentina :lol: ?

Makes total sense tbh..

Montella also wanted Kalinic,Mati.Ljajic,Cuadrado.Pasqual.Roncaglia

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tl;dr - "we will be better, so you should rate this mercato now as the best ever"
:fp:
As I don't live in your fantastyworld it's pointless to discuss with you.

Fun to see that brainless Montolivo haters still try to throw shit on him even after last games, when he was far better than Locatelli, Hakan or even Kessie. :lol:

Nuff said.

We improved significantly - way more than anyone expected and especially in relation to money spent - so you can easily rate it 10/10.

Accusations of living in a fantasy world hold no value when it comes from a guy that rates Bacca as an outstanding attacker and Montolivo as an outstanding playmaker - nice try though buddy :lol:

Locatelli outperformed Montolivo last season, Kessie has shown much more so far and Hakan is still finding himself. Montolivo so far has had one very good game against Skendije, which is like a Serie B team and the other games looked rather mediocre.

What do you expect Montella to say? Do you expect him to throw him under the bus? Of course he's trying to build up his confidence.

To be brave enough to call someone brainless after posting what you did is just mind boggling :lol:

Thank god there are still sophisticated and intelligent people like General here :star:

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Makes total sense tbh..

Your statement will make everyone who reads it stupider.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXI: #CHINABOYZ DELUXE EDITION

. Borini

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weird how our offense has been entirely dependent on Suso and Bonaventura last season when we had "outstanding" striker Bacca and "outstanding" playmaker Montolivo :monto:

How did we not win the league? I cannot comprehend.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
In what league is Bacca an outstanding striker? The Scottish Premier League?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In what league is Bacca an outstanding striker? The Scottish Premier League?

Apparently in Gacek's excellent mind. Me personally, I cannot comprehend because I'm brainless according to him :lol: You might wanna check - maybe you lack the intellect to comprehend the greatness that is Fisherman! :o

Gator_McKlusky

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Pirlo Gattuso Shevchenko Kaka
I rate the mercato 10/10, regardless of how you look at it.

Doesn't matter if you look at it from a 'player for player//position for position" exchange or just financial numbers per purchase.

Currently the team isn't playing well yet; obviously, they barely played together and it's pretty much a new team. Give it some months. But once this tank start rolling, maybe with a little bit of love in the offensive department and width in mid, all these investments will be seen as bargains.

Once Conti is going to get his previous form back, you think we'd accept a 25 mil offer for him? They can get his shirt for that much.
Once the team has gelled, and Kessie starts controlling mid like Yaya Toure, you think anybody will be able to buy him for less than 60-70? Esp with these prices right now? Forget it.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

Makes total sense tbh..

yes.... and this fodder named bonucci also :fp::thumbsdown:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually the team has played well so far and the Cagliari game was more out of the order than anything. Other than that, top post McKlusky, fully agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule