• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
IM OFFICIALLY ON THE TRAIN! Fuck it! Can’t contain my excitement anymore

Bring text message!!!!!

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Still not believing SMS will come is like joining the German army in february 1945. A very odd decision

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
come on ,i wrote my opinion that spending 100+ mil is almost imposibile for us but if leo pulls mercato caldara-bakayoko-savic-higuain then it is master piece.

:star:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Still not believing SMS will come is like joining the German army in february 1945. A very odd decision

Hahahaha. Keep em coming bro

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weren't SMS unbelievers basically the flat earthers of football Oedipus?

"The flat earth society has members all around the globe".

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Milan’s?

not quite

CZyILO2.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I want to be knocked into a coma and woken up if SMS is ufficiale and for the plug to be drawn if not

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
serbian saponara here yet? get over snd done with it ffs.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this mercato.

I love players like Bakayoko and/or Kessie. Big, strong, aggresive, always running. But you can't build a team around players like them - they need to be an addition, not a foundation. Their style of play is too chaotic and because of that it's difficult for attackers to match their intentions.
I believe that a team based on 11 black and disciplined players will always be better than a team based on 11 white and disciplined players, and while modern football is more and more physicall Kessie/Bakayoko kind of players are the future.
BUT.
In italian football running like a headless chicken doesn't have a future. You need to be smart and far-sighted, not just tough.
I can't see Kessie and Bakayoko playing together for the benefit of the team. They're too chaotic on the pitch and any disciplined team in league - so basically any other team besides maybe Frosinone and/or Parma - will gain the control in the central area with both of them on the pitch.

My point is we need next to Kesie/Bakayoko someone smart, someone with good technique and creativity. Without someone like that we won't organize our play in central area well enough to control the ball.
We all know - but maybe not all of us will admit that to themselves - that Biglia isn't someone like that, he flopped massively and we can't rely on him in his shape from last... I don't know, 12 months? He was a disaster against Real and don't be naive, he won't be any better in the future. He has never been, being decent in perfectly organised Lazio machine doesn't mean he would be as good in a different team.
Putting him next to Kessie or Bakayoko in two men midfield - or next to both of them in 3 men midfield - is a recipe for disaster. Of course it looks great on the paper, but in reality Biglia can't manage his own moves on the pitch, not to mention controlling two bulls like them. Maybe, maybe in the future Locatelli would be a regista we need for now. Maybe Montolivo is. I don't know. What is certain - Biglia isn't a man we need.
Theferore as much as I love Bakayoko's style of play I don't think he is the man we need for now. I'd prefer Kucka over him - for now of course - because even if Slovakian is a worse player (and he is) he is more disciplined.

With all that said I'm not a fan of SMS transfer either. Of course he is a good player, but:
a. Is he as good as we all think he is? Do you remember Biglia from his Lazio times? He was a piece of a perfectly organised machine - and because of that he was able to play better than his potential would allow. I'm sure that SMS is another chapter of this story - he won't play the same in Milan, and certainly not from the start.
b. Do we need this kind of midfielder? I'm not sure. We already have Kessie and probably Bakayoko. SMS isn't that creative to use him on AMC position. I'd prefer someone like Hakan to strenghten the midfield, not him. Not after Bakayoko move.
c. Do we have enough money to strenghten all positions we need? Of course midfield needs reinforcements, but we need wingers as well - maybe even more. Borini is a nice guy, but let's not pretend he can play football. He can't. He lacks basic skills. And for now he is our 3rd winger!

I know that SMS is a mission impossible move and probably he won't come - all I say is we shouldn't be focusing on him at all. We need a winger (in the best scenario - we need two, both RW and LW) - and a mezz'ala able to play on both AMC and LMC positions, someone with better flair and creativity than SMS.
Then and only then we should look for someone like SMS.
In my opinion SMS is another Higuain style of transfer. Don't get me wrong, Higuain is far better than our other options in attack, but that's not an issue. Higuain (and SMS too) is a player who you buy when you're fighting for scudetto, and we're not doing that. We want to get to the 4rd spot and therefore we shouldn't be doing luxurious transfer without solving our biggest issues first. When you have a choice to buy a dinner or to buy a new suit a smart man is going to sleep well-fed, not well-suited. And for now with Higuain (and not Bacca i.e.) we're well suited, but still hungry on several positions.

Unfortunately what I'm certain we'll all see is that Leonardo & co will go after SMS with all costs and maybe even they'll get him - it won't change as much as we think. The worst scenario is our week-long attempt to get him ended up with a failure and a desperate pursuit for anyone else in last hours of mercato, when prices are higher and options are limited.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

I love players like Bakayoko and/or Kessie. Big, strong, aggresive, always running. But you can't build a team around players like them - they need to be an addition, not a foundation. Their style of play is too chaotic and because of that it's difficult for attackers to match their intentions.
I believe that a team based on 11 black and disciplined players will always be better than a team based on 11 white and disciplined players, and while modern football is more and more physicall Kessie/Bakayoko kind of players are the future.
BUT.
In italian football running like a headless chicken doesn't have a future. You need to be smart and far-sighted, not just tough.
I can't see Kessie and Bakayoko playing together for the benefit of the team. They're too chaotic on the pitch and any disciplined team in league - so basically any other team besides maybe Frosinone and/or Parma - will gain the control in the central area with both of them on the pitch.

My point is we need next to Kesie/Bakayoko someone smart, someone with good technique and creativity. Without someone like that we won't organize our play in central area well enough to control the ball.
We all know - but maybe not all of us will admit that to themselves - that Biglia isn't someone like that, he flopped massively and we can't rely on him in his shape from last... I don't know, 12 months? He was a disaster against Real and don't be naive, he won't be any better in the future. He has never been, being decent in perfectly organised Lazio machine doesn't mean he would be as good in a different team.
Putting him next to Kessie or Bakayoko in two men midfield - or next to both of them in 3 men midfield - is a recipe for disaster. Of course it looks great on the paper, but in reality Biglia can't manage his own moves on the pitch, not to mention controlling two bulls like them. Maybe, maybe in the future Locatelli would be a regista we need for now. Maybe Montolivo is. I don't know. What is certain - Biglia isn't a man we need.
Theferore as much as I love Bakayoko's style of play I don't think he is the man we need for now. I'd prefer Kucka over him - for now of course - because even if Slovakian is a worse player (and he is) he is more disciplined.

With all that said I'm not a fan of SMS transfer either. Of course he is a good player, but:
a. Is he as good as we all think he is? Do you remember Biglia from his Lazio times? He was a piece of a perfectly organised machine - and because of that he was able to play better than his potential would allow. I'm sure that SMS is another chapter of this story - he won't play the same in Milan, and certainly not from the start.
b. Do we need this kind of midfielder? I'm not sure. We already have Kessie and probably Bakayoko. SMS isn't that creative to use him on AMC position. I'd prefer someone like Hakan to strenghten the midfield, not him. Not after Bakayoko move.
c. Do we have enough money to strenghten all positions we need? Of course midfield needs reinforcements, but we need wingers as well - maybe even more. Borini is a nice guy, but let's not pretend he can play football. He can't. He lacks basic skills. And for now he is our 3rd winger!

I know that SMS is a mission impossible move and probably he won't come - all I say is we shouldn't be focusing on him at all. We need a winger (in the best scenario - we need two, both RW and LW) - and a mezz'ala able to play on both AMC and LMC positions, someone with better flair and creativity than SMS.
In my opinion SMS is another Higuain style of transfer. Don't get me wrong, Higuain is far better than our other options in attack, but that's not an issue. Higuain (and SMS too) is a player who you buy when you're fighting for scudetto, and we're not doing that. We want to get to the 4rd spot and therefore we shouldn't be doing luxurious transfer without solving our biggest issues first. When you have a choice to buy a dinner or to buy a new suit a smart man is going to sleep well-fed, not well-suited. And for now with Higuain (and not Bacca i.e.) we're well suited, but still hungry on several positions.

Unfortunately what I'm certain we'll all see is that Leonardo & co will go after SMS with all costs and maybe even they'll get him - it won't change as much as we think. The worst scenario is our week-long attempt to get him ended up with a failure and a desperate pursuit for anyone else in last hours of mercato, when prices are higher and options are limited.

If not SMS, who would you have? Especially since Rabiot seems to be out of our reach. And you couldnt be fuckin serious putting a washed up Monto and a not yet ready Loca as suggestions

The arrival of SMS doesnt exclude the arrival of a LW, so whats the problem?

We are ok with RW for the time being

Are you really complaining about the Higuain transfer? You do realize that we desperately needed a WC striker right?. CF was one of our biggest holes. And you would rather we proceeded with Bacca the shithead? the one that doesnt want to stay?

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score

BUT.

Mind blowing thought. Kessie and Bakayoko don't play the same.

Where is this narrative coming from that Kessie has poor technique?

Last edited:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bakayoko will not play an important role

35m option is way too high for him and there are no intentions to activate

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I believe that a team based on 11 black and disciplined players will always be better than a team based on 11 white and disciplined players

giphy.gif

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
So if we play 3 man midfield we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

4231 seems the only logical formation considering all what’s happening in our squad.

Having no cover for Biglia while sending locatelli away tells me all I need to know about next seasons formation.

I don’t think montolivo will stay and bakayoko can’t play in this position.

That's what I've been thinking (and hoping for).

4231: Donna; Conti, Caldara, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko; Suso, SMS, Hakan; Higuain.

You'll have Hakan who can cover for SMS, and Bona + a new pacey to compete with Hakan and Suso.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

Nooooo...

this didn't just happen.

What.the.fuck.

The same thing could be said of we would buy Fabregas. People would whine how we have luxury in one position but are hungry on several other positions in attack.

I mean if you already decided that mercato will be shit on the 2nd of June then mercato will be shit even if you buy Messi, Ronaldo and Ramos.

Never say no to class and luxury. Higuain forza

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule