Always On Point
Reaction score
The summer transfer window in Italy ends in exactly 24 hours

DkvWl8oXoAAgqON

Last edited:

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Might be an unpopular opinion but I think we have a bit of a headstart ahead of the other clubs competing for CL. Unlike Roma and Napoli, we haven't lost any key players, and only strengthened. Roma particularly made a plethora of [young] signings and will find it hard to achieve balance and consistency straight off the bat. Napoli losing Jorginho and Sarri + no identified striker just yet. Inter I can't fault much, but I feel like they were incredibly lucky to get 4th last season. Lazio are notorious chokers.

We have a very settled squad, kept it relatively the same bar a few positive changes. I have a good feeling about this season.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Might be an unpopular opinion but I think we have a bit of a headstart ahead of the other clubs competing for CL. Unlike Roma and Napoli, we haven't lost any key players, and only strengthened. Roma particularly made a plethora of [young] signings and will find it hard to achieve balance and consistency straight off the bat. Napoli losing Jorginho and Sarri + no identified striker just yet. Inter I can't fault much, but I feel like they were incredibly lucky to get 4th last season. Lazio are notorious chokers.

We have a very settled squad, kept it relatively the same bar a few positive changes. I have a good feeling about this season.

We don't sign a top mid or winger by tomorrow you can pencil Milan in for 5th or 6th.

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
I think I want SMS to come here mostly out of spite at this point, honestly.

Looks like Genoa is going to sell Lapadula, seems like they need to sell him so they can pay us.

Laxalt with the 7? Yikes. Is he really worthy of the 7?

Him taking the 7 makes me think that he's not really being brought in as a LB, and perhaps RR isn't leaving? If true, that is.

We are the ones paying Genoa. They owed us 11m for Lapa but we're getting Laxalt for 18m (give or take a few mill for these numbers).

Laxalt seems to be getting 93.

https://twitter.com/MilanEye/status/1029853989372870657

Shawarma Sheikh

ميلانيس&
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Ibra, Sheva, Çalhanoğlu, Nesta, Romagnoli, Inzaghi, Balotelli, Pato, Jack

They were beyond fortunate. That clown they signed basically handed it to them. That shit should be investigated.

That being said, they would never admit they got lucky as hell. They should've been in the EL with us. Luck seems to always go their way the past few years, or at least against us. This game cancellation and Hakan now missing Napoli is just another instance of bad luck for us. It all adds up.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
We don't sign a top mid or winger by tomorrow you can pencil Milan in for 5th or 6th.

:thumbsup: People are seriously delusional if they think we're a lock for CL as things stand. Right now, our midfield + attacking departments are worse than Inter, Roma + Napoli. Signing SMS tomorrow makes our midfield equal but without a top winger our forward line is still inferior despite Higuain arriving.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup: People are seriously delusional if they think we're a lock for CL as things stand. Right now, our midfield + attacking departments are worse than Inter, Roma + Napoli. Signing SMS tomorrow makes our midfield will be equal but without a top winger our forward line is still inferior despite Higuain arriving.

They are very delusional :lol:. We may not even be better than Lazio still if they keep SMS.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
They are very delusional :lol:. We may not even be better than Lazio still if they keep SMS.

hell yeaah, juve are centuries ahead..inter are far stronger, napoli kept all the good players and now have carlo, roma are stronger, lazio if they keep sms will be better also

people forget that the only major change is higuain, and he can't do much alone, last year we had games where we couldn't even get the ball out of our haf!! suck it

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hell yeaah, juve are centuries ahead..inter are far stronger, napoli kept all the good players and now have carlo, roma are stronger, lazio if they keep sms will be better also

people forget that the only major change is higuain, and he can't do much alone, last year we had games where we couldn't even get the ball out of our haf!! suck it

I remember games where we couldn't service a ball into the box. I'm curious to see Higuain score so many goals with the wingers he has right now. Hell even his goal over the weekend he came out of the box to receive the ball and score a nice curler.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
:thumbsup: People are seriously delusional if they think we're a lock for CL as things stand. Right now, our midfield + attacking departments are worse than Inter, Roma + Napoli. Signing SMS tomorrow makes our midfield equal but without a top winger our forward line is still inferior despite Higuain arriving.

exactly. real fans who understand football know what we lack and require to compete with top sides.
Not to mention we have no depth in midfield. Not one single creative CM. We desperately need another top quality winger too. I dont know. I honestly think we are the fifth best team at present. on par with lazio. jube roma napoli inter are all superior unless ofcourse we land a top mid.

Shawarma Sheikh

ميلانيس&
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Ibra, Sheva, Çalhanoğlu, Nesta, Romagnoli, Inzaghi, Balotelli, Pato, Jack

Don't agree here. We created a TON of chances after Gattuso arrived last season. When we were in prime form and "conquered" Rome? Stick Higuain in instead of Cutrone and that donkey Kalinic, and we would've almost certainly beaten Inter and perhaps drawn or won against Juve too.

The only games that give credibility to your statement were the Arsenal ones. But everything from the defense forward was messed up in those games.

Not saying CL is a lock, but saying we are out of the CL spots for sure is shortsighted as well. Think of the churn Roma have had, and Napoli adjusting to a completely new system using a team that was designed for Sarri's version of Pep's circle jerk football.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
only lord pipita can save this team.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
exactly. real fans who understand football know what we lack and require to compete with top sides.
Not to mention we have no depth in midfield. Not one single creative CM. We desperately need another top quality winger too. I dont know. I honestly think we are the fifth best team at present. on par with lazio. jube roma napoli inter are all superior unless ofcourse we land a top mid.

I trust that Leo knows this and is working on something huge.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
we overpay samu and lesbian.

ok i can understand samu transfer but lesbian, in case that RR will stay... tbh it was unnecessary. :o

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
thats why it doenst make sense if we dont land that big CM.. It was one of our most obvious weakness and they just let it slide ?

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We're pretty short on midfield depth if Montolivo + Mauri (who's never really played) leave. Hopefully a new midfielder will arrive. We'd only have Bakayoko, Bertolacci. Halilovic seems to be a fringe player.

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
I'm most excited for Laxalt after Higuain. I think he will take RR's starting position within just a few games, while Caldara will probably take a bit longer to take over for Zapata/Musacchio. If SMS does not come I can see Bakayoko being a regular starter as early as Napoli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2mGGpWKdc

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't agree here. We created a TON of chances after Gattuso arrived last season. When we were in prime form and "conquered" Rome? Stick Higuain in instead of Cutrone and that donkey Kalinic, and we would've almost certainly beaten Inter and perhaps drawn or won against Juve too.

The only games that give credibility to your statement were the Arsenal ones. But everything from the defense forward was messed up in those games.

Let's not forget Icardi could have easily had 3 or 4 goals that game. He miraculously missed every sitter.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
unless elliott is ok with being 5th in 2019&2020
and reach 4th maybe after 3-4 years, we can't do much with these kinds of squads

let's what the next 24hrs will bring

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has said we're a lock. It's gonna be hard to predict. Definitely still have some areas of weakness but we're much better off than last season.

Forward line is only inferior to Juve/Napoli imo.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I don't know if Roma have a better attack than us and their mid is okay but not some creative juggernaut with Cristante and N'Zonzi as their additions. I don't know where Pastore will play, I really like him but he's missed major time over the last three seasons. Dzeko is even older than Higuain and not of the same quality. Suso and Hakan are more than solid on the wings, even if Under is good.

Last edited:

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score

We were 3rd under Gattuso last seaosn. Stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule