The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Problem is some of our players are not right in the head. Not everything is in talent and phisique.

Rebic can do things like making fun on De Ligh and playing like top winger to elbowing without reason (Torino, juve...) I know his nature its the way it is.

Theo same, sometimes just goes crazy. Kessie completely lacks calcio iq, his running is useless, and basically most of the choices he makes. Hakan is a headcase by itself, lives in his own world, completely out of focus. Leao, out of concentration, turns off and on... Paqueta completely depressed. Suso thpught he is Maradona and deserves 6mln like Donnaruma, coz hes that great... Piatek speaks of some large ammounts of money... Biglia saying forza Lazio...

We only miss Di Canio or Gascoigne and we'd be a hell of a bunch! :)

They are young, ok, but these are not small problems.

I agree with potential but without adding few real liders and great coach it will all go to wind.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Was watching some flamenco games with paqueta. He definitely has the ability to be a super number 10. In fact he is definitely an attacking no.10. almost a second striker. I have no idea why he isn't tried there for a full game. If regains from and reaches his potential alongside leao can become two of the better players in the world.

In fact I'm convinced we have the following who have the potential to be world class in their respective positions;

Donna
Roma
Theo
Benna
Kessie (for his position as a defensive mid especially if he keeps it simple with his passing)
Leao
Paq

That's a good start.

This team has the potential. It just needs to come together.

Romagnoli hasn't improved an inch since he came from Sampdoria and people still say he has potential to become WC... he's more like an Acerbi than a WC defender and there's nothing wrong with that, just stop overhyping.

Kessie? No, he's not smart enough. Great DMs are not just simple brutes... Gattuso, van Bommel and others are smart people. Kessie is not.

Leao? I think he has some potential, but nothing special. If he had 30% of Mbappe's potential, we'd bee seeing it by now.

Paqueta? Weak

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What’s with the Romagnoli hate and rewriting of his time here?

He certainly has improved, at one point last season Milan went a span of two or three months with th beets defense and most clean sheets in all of Europe. And we played multiple big teams in that span. Also, after van **** he went the ,omgets of any player without getting beaten off the dribble. Stats like that are annoying but it doesn’t mean nothing. Add to that his ability to pass and win balls high up the field, and even his clutch goals(high quality ones at that) from last year and he was very important.

He looks not as good now because our fullbacks are poor defensively, he gets a new center back partner every season, and the team as a whole isn’t structured to defend like it used to be. But take a look around Europe, even some of the very best sides are still searching for CB solutions. Romagnoli has flaws and room for improvement, but I am entirely sure he would start at most teams, even ones far bigger than us. Not all, but he is definitely in the tier of very good center backs, not elite though. Don’t penalize him for Milan’s troubles

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Romagnoli hasn't improved an inch since he came from Sampdoria and people still say he has potential to become WC... he's more like an Acerbi than a WC defender and there's nothing wrong with that, just stop overhyping.

Kessie? No, he's not smart enough. Great DMs are not just simple brutes... Gattuso, van Bommel and others are smart people. Kessie is not.

Leao? I think he has some potential, but nothing special. If he had 30% of Mbappe's potential, we'd bee seeing it by now.

Paqueta? Weak

Firstly Roma is captain of AC Milan and has not had a partner the whole time and still plays extremely well. He has scored winning goals and as funny as it sounds all the great CBS for whatever reason do that.

The young guys are head cases because that is what happens when you put kids together with no role models. Lol think of yourself. At 22 give me fame and fortune and I would be craaaaaazzzzzZy. Don't put anybody there to contain me an I would of been diabolical.

Did you watch gattuso at 22 y.o. lol he was worse than Kessie.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
4411 with Paq behind Ibra maybe? He's shown the ability to be defensive-minded when required last season while a free role better suits him. Just worried about his current state and not showing much other than a few good passes the last months. Want him to turn it around if he can take the chances he gets.

A free role in a 4411 would be ideal for Paqueta. Yes there are concerns regarding his consistency/ state of mind but that is purely down to self confidence. If Paqueta is given the impression the club has faith and patience in him he can be a very good player for Milan. Will he ever be WC I see him being very effective in a free role when confident. The term World Class should be used less as there are not many WC players in the modern game.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paquetà needs to find his form again, I don‘t think he has complete world class potential but he for sure can become a very good player.

The 4-2-3-1 with the CAM having a hard working role could be a blessing for him, he has the grinta and skill to look good in such a role imo.

For now we should groom him with subbing him on for Hakan, who -how inconsistent he may be- at least is very hard working and our attack is obviously based on that atm.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Does anyone have the orange Free patoshave picture?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So meanwhile Rebic realized his 5th goal over all competitions, surpassed Theo as our topscorer and has now an average of 1 goal per 86 minutes this season.

#comeback

I was one of his most vocal haters not too long ago. I even suggested to switch him back with A. Silva. He muted me. Well done.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is some of our players are not right in the head. Not everything is in talent and phisique.

Rebic can do things like making fun on De Ligh and playing like top winger to elbowing without reason (Torino, juve...) I know his nature its the way it is.

Theo same, sometimes just goes crazy. Kessie completely lacks calcio iq, his running is useless, and basically most of the choices he makes. Hakan is a headcase by itself, lives in his own world, completely out of focus. Leao, out of concentration, turns off and on... Paqueta completely depressed. Suso thpught he is Maradona and deserves 6mln like Donnaruma, coz hes that great... Piatek speaks of some large ammounts of money... Biglia saying forza Lazio...

I agree with potential but without adding few real liders and great coach it will all go to wind.

:thumbsup:

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
26 October 2019, Lecce-Juventus 1-1. Juventus take the lead with a non-existent penalty. Referee: Paolo Valeri. 29 December 2018, Juventus-Sampdoria 2-1. Juventus get two penalties that will be defined "generous and non-existent". Referee: Paolo Valeri. February 28, 2017, Juventus-Napoli 3-1 semi-final of the Italian Cup. Juventus down after the first half, draw with generous penalty for a foul by Koulibaly on Dybala. Missing a clear penalty on Albiol and another nonexistent penalty with Reina that stops Cuadrado in front of the goal. Referee: Paolo Valeri. 9 December 2017, Inter-Juventus 0-0. On duel with Icardi Benatia touches the ball with hand, the referee does not grant penalty. Referee: Paolo Valeri.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That ref should be removed from Serie A & B level football ... at the very least.

Regarding the De Paul rumors I think he‘d fit well as a CAM in the current system and set up. He is one gritty player.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
26 October 2019, Lecce-Juventus 1-1. Juventus take the lead with a non-existent penalty. Referee: Paolo Valeri. 29 December 2018, Juventus-Sampdoria 2-1. Juventus get two penalties that will be defined "generous and non-existent". Referee: Paolo Valeri. February 28, 2017, Juventus-Napoli 3-1 semi-final of the Italian Cup. Juventus down after the first half, draw with generous penalty for a foul by Koulibaly on Dybala. Missing a clear penalty on Albiol and another nonexistent penalty with Reina that stops Cuadrado in front of the goal. Referee: Paolo Valeri. 9 December 2017, Inter-Juventus 0-0. On duel with Icardi Benatia touches the ball with hand, the referee does not grant penalty. Referee: Paolo Valeri.

Thank you very, very much for this!

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
That ref should be removed from Serie A & B level football ... at the very least.

Regarding the De Paul rumors I think he‘d fit well as a CAM in the current system and set up. He is one gritty player.

Yes he is, but hes not a top quality mid we badly need

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Lack of leadership on the field has been an issue for a while, yes a great coach is needed but to be fair to piolli the team are Playing better just not clinical enough in converting the chances created. I see him as a stop gap coach until a better long term solution is found.

Maldini and Boban have to back up pioli or lose moral completely. There is an improvement in team attitude but regarding the poor personal attitudes this is not confined to Milan it is evident across the sport as an issue that is growing and turning into a real problem for many clubs.

So long as there is gradual improvement with the aim of real and sustained progression. As supporters we just have to wait until it all clicks into place.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes he is, but hes not a top quality mid we badly need

The Question is what mids are in reach for us, he would be an upgrade to what we have, even stats wise.

He‘s a can not a must I‘d say.

Main point of focus out of the central mid positions should be the double pivot anyway, we have Hakan, Krunic, Paquetà for CAM which is not bad.
From summer on we have only two players for the double pivot (+ Krunic but he‘s not ideal for that). So we need two signings there and at least one of them should be among our main transfers.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our biggest priority is signing another centermid. After that worry about the other “holes” in the team.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

giphy.gif

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In terms of free agents Matic is an obvious choice, from Serie A De Roon and Tonali are ending in 2021. Not really news I know, but those are the obvious ones.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Roma hate is all bs don't feed into it

I agree but I don't regret being fucking disappointed by his performance vs Inter.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I agree but I don't regret being fucking disappointed by his performance vs Inter.

Can say that about the whole squad in the second half though. Everyone just mentally collapsed it seems. Some more than others, granted, but still.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Question is also this: 4231 or 433, coz of that deoends does milan need a regista (for 433) or good holding, szrong mid next to Benna. In case of 4231 akso a good cam. Shame Paqueta is so out of shape.

I see him as a good player at the hole. Hes not 1 on 1 player, not fast vertically but hes good in 1-2 and spreading play + runs into box well. Olmo was a perfect player for Milans 4231. Shame...

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Im also convinced Modric in the hole can do wonders. Specially in a Milan without europe.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Shame Paqueta went into horrible state now we are playing 4231...
If rebic picked it up then I dont see why paqueta can't do the same.

The team is picking up gear. You'll see a different Milan in a couple of weeks.

My only concern is there are no fucking players to rotate with who need rest.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons and fined €30m.

Say goodbye to ffp.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pep is now officially available in the summer. Juventus will probably get him. Which means Milan (only if we get new owners) has a Sarri option to go for.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I'd hire giampaolo back than having sarri managing the team.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep is now officially available in the summer. Juventus will probably get him. Which means Milan (only if we get new owners) has a Sarri option to go for.

I was going to say Sarri becomes an option now too. I think even Elliott controlled Milan would go for him. But if Arnault or someone else did buy Milan, I wouldn’t rule them out on Pep either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule