The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They were looking to buy a 2nd striker / LW even when Higuain wasn't going to leave. Piatek is just the replacement for Higuain. They will still also look to fill the LW position. Cutrone can't be the only centre forward.

i agree he can't, but you either buy a vet whos ok with being a backup or a young guy with potential. you don't spend over 40m on a guy who wants cutrones minutes when we are strapped for cash.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Morata has a good scoring record in Italy?? WTF?? He scored 8 league goals in his first season at Juve and 7 in the second. Resold at a profit?? If he keeps up the lack of goals in 1/2 years no top team will want him. And his salary is too high for a mid level team.

Piatek already has almost the same league goals in half a season than Morata had in 2 whole seasons. Piatek's salary is also much lower.

Morata averages a goal every 185 mins (every other game) and goal + assist every 99 mins in Serie A. That’s good. Piatek could be a one season wonder for all we know.

Morata’s worth 40m so if we hire a decent coach and significantly upgrade the squad there’s no reason he can’t regain form and be sold for profit.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i agree he can't, but you either buy a vet whos ok with being a backup or a young guy with potential. you don't spend over 40m on a guy who wants cutrones minutes when we are strapped for cash.

That's why I would be cool with just taking Morata on loan and see how he does for 6 months then make your assesments end of the season. LW and another mid are more important right now than spending big on a forward when you have Cutrone continuing to grow.

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think the current team posses a lot of similarities compare with Ancelotti time:

Cutrone - New Inzaghi (Physically stronger version)
Paqueta - New Kaka (Slower version)
Calhanoglu - New Seedorf (Poor shooting version)
Kessie - New Gattuso (Technically stronger version)
Biglia - New Pirlo (Downgrade on playmaking, upgrade on defense version)
Romagnoli - New Nesta (Less sliding version)
Conti - New Cafu (Taller version)
Rodriguez - New Jankulovski (Less skillful version)
Laxalt - New Serginho (Girly version)
Bakayoko - New Ambrosini (Black version)

Above is only for fun partially. What we have now is not really close to the time of Ancelotti. The player characteristics is not really 100% close to the past too. But I really do see some similarity compare to that time. I would really support to go to 4312 to see what would happen.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the current team posses a lot of similarities compare with Ancelotti time:

Above is only for fun partially. What we have now is not really close to the time of Ancelotti. The player characteristics is not really 100% close to the past too. But I really do see some similarity compare to that time. I would really support to go to 4312 to see what would happen.

:lol:

i love conti tho, IMO he will be considered one of the best rb's in the world by the end of the season

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They will have much more cash if Higuain leaves. His salary is 18 mil gross a year. They can also get Chelsea to pay half the loan fee of 18 mil. Milan also won't pay the 36 mil fee to buy Higuain. 40 mil is nothing compared to what Milan would have to pay for Higuain (salary and loan / transfer fees combined). 40 mil is just a normal transfer these days.

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:lol:

i love conti tho, IMO he will be considered one of the best rb's in the world by the end of the season

Could be, but at the same time I am worried about the development of Calabria. Calabria could develop to high level too. I am not sure if people recognize when Calabria cross his curvature is very good which easily get pass defenders. But he can't really play on left side. Having him together with Conti is really a luxury

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Maybe we should step up our pursuit of Martial if Higuain wants to leave. He can play anywhere across the front line including CF. Alternatively, if we’re serious about returning to the top make an offer for Dybala in summer.

Last edited:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
neither martial nor dybala would want to join a midtable club without CL football

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
but no one wants to join us :head:

we can send an offer but most of them will refuse us because they have better options.

idk how we can fix this but we finally need to step up.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
neither martial nor dybala would want to join a midtable club without CL football

Man Utd are currently 6th so can’t guarantee CL football either. Also, if a champion of Higuain’s calibre agreed to join midtable Milan so can Dybala.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man Utd are currently 6th so can’t guarantee CL football either. Also, if a champion of Higuain’s calibre agreed to join midtable Milan so can Dybala.

No more Juventus players. They come to Milan and realize how far below Juve everyone else is and ask to leave right away. :lol:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
but no one wants to join us :head:

we can send an offer but most of them will refuse us because they have better options.

idk how we can fix this but we finally need to step up.

easy fix, make champions league this season.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

higuain didn´t really have any other options. within chelsea only sarri wanted him.
if martial/dybala are on the market, nearly all top clubs would be behind them.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
easy fix, make champions league this season.

it won't be easy anyway.

just look at isco for example (or any other good player), no way that we can convice him if city, manu, bayern, jube, barca etc are interested in him.

we can't even offer them huge salary because epl teams can easily beat us.

maybe with time it will be better, maybe... :o

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
anyway, i would love to have depay/carasco, kovačić/paredes and mms here, it will be good start.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would be ok with Piatek, i mean what other january options we have? And considering our squad is very young, it may be more probabile that a younger guy will have easier time to settle in.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I doubt Depay would’ve joined to play second fiddle to Hakan/Suso :lol: He was one of the best players in Ligue 1 last season.

I agree we would’ve looked foolish selling Bacca for 7m considering the original option was double. However, we look even more stupid paying 4x as much for the left footed Borini :lol:

No one but Villareal wanted Bacca, and we wouldve been stuck with him like were stuck with Montolivo.

17Mil for a talented young winger (coming off a good season) to be Suso's sub is not a bad deal at all. Samu isn't a world class player but has definitely shown that he can be useful. Calling him a left footed Borini is just :fp:

Samu is still 23, and playing in Serie A for the first time ever

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I believe we all agree that Piatek will be a very..very high risk.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I welcome Piatek. Can't hate on Leo signing a player with 19 goals in 21 appearances, although six of them came in the Coppa.

I just want to be done with the Higuain matter so that we can get a vice Biglia and an LW.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I believe we all agree that Piatek will be a very..very high risk.

Not bigger than Paqueta. Investing In young talent is always a bit risky. U get nowhere without it. Right now we are not in the position to get a lot of established players, so this is a good move.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I welcome Piatek. Can't hate on Leo signing a player with 19 goals in 21 appearances, although six of them came in the Coppa.

I just want to be done with the Higuain matter so that we can get a vice Biglia and an LW.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Piatek offers 0 in regards to link up play. He's a finisher that obviously went through a purple patch, can he sustain it(who knows) Lets first wait and see what Genoa demand.

Would be an insult to pay over 40m for this kid to play in front of our own Cutrone.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not bigger than Paqueta. Investing In young talent is always a bit risky. U get nowhere without it. Right now we are not in the position to get a lot of established players, so this is a good move.

Thats a good point, Paqueta came with no serie A experience at roughly the same price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule