The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We need to offload all our wide players, no exception. That should generate around 80 mil and free around 20m gross salary.

The funny thing is, how many "wide" players do we actually have, suso is a fake winger, borini....I guess and castellejo. I happy with a coach like giampaolo or sarri because their football is heavily dependent on having good midfielders and seeing that so many midfielders are gone this summer , this is year zero for the midfield, I think hakan might remain, he's versatile and good technically, a confident hakan is dangerous, let's see what giampaolo can do

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I saw this rumor on Twitter this morning concerning pochettino to Milan lol, and I recalled Oracle talking about him and Milan as well. It's a dream but imagine if management is playing everyone and we gonna have a big summer ahead

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Weren't Juve supposed to announce Sarri today whilst we announced Giampaolo? As each day passes by it's clear that both clubs could be working on different options...

Giampaolo could be a smokescreen for Sarri and Sarri could be a smokescreen for Pep/Poch. Don't rule it out!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The funny thing is, how many "wide" players do we actually have, suso is a fake winger, borini....I guess and castellejo. I happy with a coach like giampaolo or sarri because their football is heavily dependent on having good midfielders and seeing that so many midfielders are gone this summer , this is year zero for the midfield, I think hakan might remain, he's versatile and good technically, a confident hakan is dangerous, let's see what giampaolo can do

If Hakan sticks around I would hope it is only to be a back up to Paqueta as a trequartista. I don't want to see him starting in the midfield.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Big fucking L! I would rather take back Mirabelli than this unknown guy. Elliott really decided to fire Leonardo for this guy. :fp:

I think the problem is the more prominent DS in Italy know that they won't have any real decision making power at Milan. To be honest though what we need is a good team in terms of collaboration, players should be brought in to fit the coach's system. I never understood why clubs bought players especially before even selecting a coach or for the hype and then hope he fits the coach. Top coaches are successful because they have a say in the players that are brought in.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the problem is the more prominent DS in Italy know that they won't have any real decision making power at Milan. To be honest though what we need is a good team in terms of collaboration, players should be brought in to fit the coach's system. I never understood why clubs bought players especially before even selecting a coach or for the hype and then hope he fits the coach. Top coaches are successful because they have a say in the players that are brought in.

You need someone with a license to sign the contracts or something like that. Maldini and Boban will not have that so Massara may just end up being a face and a hand with a pen.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Hakan sticks around I would hope it is only to be a back up to Paqueta as a trequartista. I don't want to see him starting in the midfield.

Well he has the range of passing, work rate and movement to play in the midfield, I think he needs a coach to drill him tactically, with that said I don't want him as a starter but people need to realize we need at least 15 good quality players, my preference is 18

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You need someone with a license to sign the contracts or something like that. Maldini and Boban will not have that so Massara may just end up being a face and a hand with a pen.

Yup, guys like he and moncada will probably bring talents to their attention and work close with the coach, and that's about its

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Pepe they say is done for l'pool.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Weren't Juve supposed to announce Sarri today whilst we announced Giampaolo? As each day passes by it's clear that both clubs could be working on different options...

Giampaolo could be a smokescreen for Sarri and Sarri could be a smokescreen for Pep/Poch. Don't rule it out!

I believe a huge coaching name for us would be crucial, most important signing in the past 10 years, I would assume a huge coach would also mean certain guarantees in terms of signings....there was this one rumour sometime last month the maldini was in contact with Perez (Madrid) for isco on loan with an obligation

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I don't know much about Massara but if he's that good, why Roma will sack him after several months? Why they're interested in Torino SD Petrachi?

So we'll basically pick fucking Roma's reject? Great. :o

I think that they have at least 2 months to find new SD and if Massara is the best they can find... well ok. :o

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Inhaling too much smoke will damage your brain

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Welcome Massara. Haven't got a clue who you are but Paolo likes you.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Why would Milan have offered Tare 3 mil / yr if he wasn't going to have any decision making power?

If it's a good ds hw will select players to fit the coach's system. Obviously the ds will work worth with the coach who will have some say. Overall the coach should stick to coaching as the ds is the one whose expertise and focus is in team building.

ManUtd don't have a ds and Van Gal wasted hundreds of millions on transfers.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Orrrrr, no one was supposed to announce anything

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Suso is the only one that can only play out wide. He's been tried in the middle and it doesn't work. When Suso is good, it's his crossing from very wide positions and sometimes cutting in to shoot that are the strong points and they won't work in 4-3-1-2 so he's the one to go.

Castillejo could be an option as a back up SS. Not great, but he can do it if no offer comes in.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would Milan have offered Tare 3 mil / yr if he wasn't going to have any decision making power?

If it's a good ds hw will select players to fit the coach's system. Obviously the ds will work worth with the coach who will have some say. Overall the coach should stick to coaching as the ds is the one whose expertise and focus is in team building.

ManUtd don't have a ds and Van Gal wasted hundreds of millions on transfers.

Maybe Tare was the top choice, but when that fell through Maldini said fuck it, I'll call the shots.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Paolo Maldini has now chosen former Roma director Frederic Massara to be the new sporting director of Milan, according to
@DiMarzio

Wonder how far down Maldini's SD option list Massara happened to be.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

I’m with you, my friend!!!!!!!!!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani doesn't deserve to be disrespected like this wtf is wrong with you guys? The game changed, the rules changed and Galliani belonged to the old era.

He might be unequipped to swim with Today's sharks but in his time, he was the most formidable of them. I utterly despise the short term "what have you done for me lately" thinking of today's fans.

Again....not even suggesting that post scudetto or even post 2008 Galliani was poor but the job description has changed so wildly from his era that it's understandable. Also I'm not giving him a pass for fuck ups unrelated to this like his shady Genoa deals and the times he let ego and the perceived club image get in the way of footballing accomplishments. He is after all human

I will always remember him fondly for giving me my favourite player Ronaldo in a red and black outfit :proud:

He's being sarcastic :rolleyes:

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. But even those clubs like ManU, Bayern, Liverpool, let alone Real, feel to me like they got lost so deeply into mediocrity like we did under B&G. With no way out but selling and let others solve problems as big that it takes at least half a decade to solve them.

I mean yeah we're still the 2nd most decorated CL winner, but that's more because competition on an international level is incredibly high and there's only one winner per year so yeah thankfully it will take like forever for others to match us. That doesn't make me feel much better when we in the same time are already more than half a decade out of said competition tbh.

What I want to say is: Galliani didn't just fuck up if you ask me. He miserably failed to manage and transit this club into modern era. Why should it feel like betrayal when I point this out?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So Massara’s career really started in Roma with Sabatini. When Sabatini left, Massara was named the SD. But Massara also left soon to join Sabatini at Inter. Then he returned to Roma to be a director general and was assisting Monchi. When Monchi left, Massara was named the SD. And now he has quit Roma after they hired Petrachi.

Interesting career, shadowing two very competent SDs, and presumably helping them significantly.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Massara’s career really started in Roma with Sabatini. When Sabatini left, Massara was named the SD. But Massara also left soon to join Sabatini at Inter. Then he returned to Roma to be a director general and was assisting Monchi. When Monchi left, Massara was named the SD. And now he has quit Roma after they hired Petrachi.

Interesting career, shadowing two very competent SDs, and presumably helping them significantly.

Was with Sabatini at Palermo as well. But I'm pretty sure he won't have the pull at Milan like Tare might have had. Probably just answer to Maldini and Boban.

Last edited:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
donna started that early because he was developed physically that early

plizzari is smaller, different type of keeper
Ya'll are gonna keep sleeping on Congo posts, but most of his stuff is straight facts.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Real bummer to expect Tare and then get Sabatinis errand boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule