The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We're making too much out of this 1 game. We underestimated Lille. Pioli did. He can say what he wants now, but just look at the lineup. Pioli is prioritizing Serie A at the moment because clearly he believes that even with Krunic and Samu, we will advance to the knockout rounds. It's fair. I don't blame him too much for it, but still, there are better rotation options then those 2 and hopefully this signals the end for those 2 when you have options like Leao, Rebic, JPH available to play and didn't play much the game before.

In any case, even with a weakened lineup and a bad day in the office...the game was balanced until the 2nd goal. The ref made a shit call on the PK (no way in hell that's a pk). Then, when the subs were made and just as we were expected to take control and peg Lille back...they scored on that shot that Gigio should have saved. There it is. Game over. Because from that point on we lost all composure and compactness. We looked all over the place. So much so, that Sanches looked like Maradona in the middle of the field, running past our players like they weren't even there. No surprise...there was jist so much space there and Tonali/Kessie were always a step too late in marking.

So let's move on. It was a bad game that was still decided by 2 avoidable goals (1 of which a referee mistake). No sense it hanging our players after this game. Just like there was no sense in saying we'll win the scudetto after 6 rounds.

Let's see how the team reacts tomorrow.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
So you expect kjaer to cover that guy in the midfield? He's not a midfielder, it's too deep, defending so deep on the pitch would always leave too much space in the back and will always leave the defense vulnerable

Kjaer should have stayed in his position and not move to midfield. Romagnoli is on the left where the 2 Lille players came, but he was forced to move to Kjaer place as Kjaer wasn’t there. Tonali should have covered Jonathan. Kessie and other players also arriving in slow motion.

Last edited:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Kjaer should have stayed in his position and not move to midfield. Romagnoli is on the left where the 2 Lille players came, but he was forced to move to Kjaer place as Kjaer wasn?t there. Tonali should have covered Jonathan. Kessie and other players also arriving in slow motion.

There is a thing called offside. Defenders move up when the own team is attacking to trap attackers. This is exactly what kjaer was doing by moving forward, as we were attacking. You can tell by how far Kessie and theo were standing. Look where Dalot comes from. Keeping the pitch wide when in possession. We just lost the ball in a dumb way that left everyone out of position. Kjaer was right to be there.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
There is a thing called offside. Defenders move up when the own team is attacking to trap attackers. This is exactly what kjaer was doing by moving forward, as we were attacking. You can tell by how far Kessie and theo were standing. Look where Dalot comes from. Keeping the pitch wide when in possession. We just lost the ball in a dumb way that left everyone out of position. Kjaer was right to be there.

He acted alone then. We weren’t winning an offside there. Anyway it doesn?t seem that he moved for an offside.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Tonali shouldn’t start against strong teams for as long as he is liability in defence. Just let him play against Sparta and such clubs. Krunic should never start.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
We're making too much out of this 1 game. We underestimated Lille. Pioli did. He can say what he wants now, but just look at the lineup. Pioli is prioritizing Serie A at the moment because clearly he believes that even with Krunic and Samu, we will advance to the knockout rounds. It's fair. I don't blame him too much for it, but still, there are better rotation options then those 2 and hopefully this signals the end for those 2 when you have options like Leao, Rebic, JPH available to play and didn't play much the game before.

In any case, even with a weakened lineup and a bad day in the office...the game was balanced until the 2nd goal. The ref made a shit call on the PK (no way in hell that's a pk). Then, when the subs were made and just as we were expected to take control and peg Lille back...they scored on that shot that Gigio should have saved. There it is. Game over. Because from that point on we lost all composure and compactness. We looked all over the place. So much so, that Sanches looked like Maradona in the middle of the field, running past our players like they weren't even there. No surprise...there was jist so much space there and Tonali/Kessie were always a step too late in marking.

So let's move on. It was a bad game that was still decided by 2 avoidable goals (1 of which a referee mistake). No sense it hanging our players after this game. Just like there was no sense in saying we'll win the scudetto after 6 rounds.

Good post but no way in hell that wasnt a penalty. You simply dont shove ( even if it was minimal ) a player that is jumping especially if the accuser himself isnt jumping too

That ll always be a foul / penalty

You could get away with it if the ref isnt just next to you.

Amateurish mistake to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Rade Krunic vs Lille:

45 minutes

13 touches
2 passes
50% passing accuracy
0 dribbles
0 crosses
0 aerial duels won
0 key passes
1 shot out of target

Definition of useless

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Todofichajes: Thauvin has rejected Milan?s offer. He will join Napoli.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's been more or less useless every time. He scored vs Celtic, but that was the only thing he did. Not a small thing, not denying that. But we need more on the field. The goal he scored tainted people's opinions, so much so, people were saying Pioli is right to use him.

And where does the notion of "we are more solid defensively with Krunic" come from? How? I don't see him adding compactness or marking someone out of a game. He is just there, floating around and taking up space.

Krunic is the type of player that you throw in with 5 mins to go if you are up a goal or two, and you give him a task. Whether that's to just mark someone ouf for 5-10 mins or whatever. But he should never be starting. Definitely not when we have the options we do.

Last edited:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Good post but no way in hell that wasnt a penalty. You simply dont shove ( even if it was minimal ) a player that is jumping especially if the accuser himself isnt jumping too

Well if that was a penalty, you can start whistling every time at every corner. Football is still a contact sport. On the other hand, they teach you at 14 years old to not make unnecessary actions or faults at places where the attacker isn't of any danger for the goalkeeper. That's what I don't understand.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

I really don't think there was a shove. He had his hands on his back, but there was never extension or push. And the Lille player made such an exsessive motion, you could tell he's making a meal out of that.

Could Romagnoli not even out his hands on his back? Sure. But again, i didn't see a push. And like Il grande Milan just said....if that's a pk for simply having your hands on somone (not pushing or pulling)...then the ref should have been consistent and given another few Pks after every corner.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Can we please stop - when Ibra goes down on under minimal contact because a defender left his leg out we jump for joy

Romagnoli got played by a crafty move - just leave it at that.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can we please stop - when Ibra goes down on under minimal contact because a defender left his leg out we jump for joy

Romagnoli got played by a crafty move - just leave it at that.

Ok. I never said Ibra's was a Pk as well. Besides, different games, different refs, different everything. Why should that matter.

The decision is what it is. It's done. I don't agree with it. My entire point was that despite all the criticism the team is receiving (they deserve it for the way they played vs Lille btw)...we were undone by a Pk (that wasn't) and a long shot that Gigio saves 99/100. So point being, it's not all doom and gloom.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
He acted alone then. We weren?t winning an offside there. Anyway it doesn?t seem that he moved for an offside.

It doesn't matter, it's the first thing a CB screams when its team is attacking, which is to move up the back line as high as possible, because there can always come a long ball from an opponents defender to the front. Of course you have to see every attack in its context. Kjaer had to move up, just as Roma, but kjaer's duty was never to cover so high as you mentioned. You can get there (so high on the pitch) as a cb when you're attacking at the opponents goal but in any other moment, it's really rare

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The whole team left Romagnoli alone vs 3 attackers and people are shitting on him :lol: This place is amazing :lol:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donnarumma, Calabria, Romagnoli and Tonali called up for Italy?s games in November

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Ok. I never said Ibra's was a Pk as well. Besides, different games, different refs, different everything. Why should that matter.

The decision is what it is. It's done. I don't agree with it. My entire point was that despite all the criticism the team is receiving (they deserve it for the way they played vs Lille btw)...we were undone by a Pk (that wasn't) and a long shot that Gigio saves 99/100. So point being, it's not all doom and gloom.

On this I totally agree. In the match thread I said I wouldnt take part in overly criticizing and the true test is how we play in the upcoming matches.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Looks like Pobega could serve us fine next season.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I really don't think there was a shove. He had his hands on his back, but there was never extension or push. And the Lille player made such an exsessive motion, you could tell he's making a meal out of that.

Could Romagnoli not even out his hands on his back? Sure. But again, i didn't see a push. And like Il grande Milan just said....if that's a pk for simply having your hands on somone (not pushing or pulling)...then the ref should have been consistent and given another few Pks after every corner.

The lille player did overreact and it only needed a bit of overreaction for it to be a pen. But it also dont take much force to make someone that is jumping lose balance

At the end of the day it was an unnecessary that we can agree on

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The lille player did overreact and it only needed a bit of overreaction for it to be a pen. But it also dont take much force to make someone that is jumping lose balance

At the end of the day it was an unnecessary that we can agree on

:thumbsup:

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
The whole team left Romagnoli alone vs 3 attackers and people are shitting on him :lol: This place is amazing :lol:

Exactly. I don?t particularly care for Roma and he isn?t in great form, but there?s plenty of folk here who shit on him way more passionately than anyone fanboying him. And then trying to absolve Kjaer of any responsibility when he was stuck in no man?s land...

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. I don?t particularly care for Roma and he isn?t in great form, but there?s plenty of folk here who shit on him way more passionately than anyone fanboying him. And then trying to absolve Kjaer of any responsibility when he was stuck in no man?s land...

Kjaer is the reason that our defence is way more solid than before.Of course he make mistakes,but they are way more less than Romagnoli's. With salary that Romagnoli have Milan can have way better defender.And he is not captain material,never was. It's shame because I really had hope for Romagnoli,but at this point I wouldn't mind if he goes for free to any other team.

With physical attackers he is like a little boy Lukaku and Dzeko, than Rabiot but worst of all is when Tomiyasu scores on you like it's on a training. We are waiting 5 years to see his breakthrough season,but that will simply not happen because he don't have capacity.

Last edited:

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
People still dissecting this loss?? Bad game, bad starting 11, bad tactics..forget and move on to the next. Did people think we weren't gonna a lose a game this season?? We have weaknesses that were exposed by Lille..end of story. There is no point in dissecting every play like it's heart surgery.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Frosinone and Empoli are interested in Duarte according to SerieBNews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule