The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I wish Italian football all the best but I don't want Juve or Inter to actually win it. I guess it depends slightly on what year it is and the state of Italian football. This year I wish neither Juve or Inter any success at all. I support smaller Italian clubs throughout the cup

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Yeah, but no other team was suffering nearly the same amount of injuries we did. Only except for Liverpool, who infact almost missed CL, and that under the guidance of someone like Klopp.

Pioli arrived more 18 months ago, and no other team in Serie A (maybe even in all of Europes Top Leagues) made as much points as we did during his spell alone. It didn't lead us to a title unfortunately (yet), but I think he has earned our trust until proven otherwise by now, not the other way around.

To me it feels like when he took over, doubters were like "if he makes EL against all odds, then I'll start to trust him". Then it was "if he makes CL against all odds, then I'll start to trust him". And now it's kinda "if he makes Scudetto against all odds, then I'll trust him". What else does he need to achieve before he has gained peoples trust? As if people were reluctant to just trust in finally something good happening to us after a decade of banter era, which is understandable .

Pioli only needs to overcome his second season slump and qualify for the CL again (I don?t care about the Scudetto) and prove he?s not a one season wonder to earn my respect. I think that?s a fair request given that he?s never managed to do this before during his stints at Inter, Lazio + Fiorentina. Also, he?s competing against some of the best coaches in the world instead of Gattuso/Pirlo/Fonseca so it?ll be much more meaningful second time around.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Do you guys prefer Italian teams to do well in the CL? Or not?
To be honest I used to support Juve and Inter pragmatically and without emotion to increase Italy's coefficient - a subject I feel is under-discussed in here.

This was all done with Milan outside shouting distance of CL. Now, with this team? Cross out any earlier statements - I care only about us now. We have a project lined up to win #8. Fuck Inter and Juve.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It depends on which team it is. I don?t have an issue with Roma doing well, for example. Or when a smaller non-Atalanta team makes it? Lazio, Inter, Napoli, Juventus can all get fucked in the group stage as far as I am concerned.

Milan is bigger than ?we need Serie A to be good.?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Love Gabbia!

The haka was the biggest embarrassment of the banter era.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

As long as Serie A gets 4 teams to enter I could care less about the others doing any better than maintaining that.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I wish Italian football all the best but I don't want Juve or Inter to actually win it. I guess it depends slightly on what year it is and the state of both Italian and our football. This year I wish neither Juve or Inter any success at all. I support smaller Italian clubs throughout the cup

I'm similar in my view. I like to see Italian clubs get out of the group and maybe get to the quarter- final. If they all do poorly I hear the "it's a poor league" which translates to Milan aren't much good even if they do well or win Serie A. But I always wish Juve lose.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
It didn't take him three years, it took him a functioning squad and a project. Same as with other players that started performing.

Theo performed like a top player during his first season at Milan whereas Kessie was on the verge of being sold during that winter before finding his form this year.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I'm similar in my view. I like to see Italian clubs get out of the group and maybe get to the quarter- final. If they all do poorly I hear the "it's a poor league" which translates to Milan aren't much good even if they do well or win Serie A. But I always wish Juve lose.

:thumbsup: Juve can suck my balls

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Im very satisfied seeing Juve reach finals and go home in tears without a trophy.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agree. It was such an insult to culture. What an ignorance
Your ignorance on Ibra and his contribution and value to this squad is also pretty impressive. It's very evident from your posts so far, you look at his earnings and appearances.

You miss the big picture. Big time.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Pioli only needs to overcome his second season slump and qualify for the CL again (I don?t care about the Scudetto) and prove he?s not a one season wonder to earn my respect. I think that?s a fair request given that he?s never managed to do this before during his stints at Inter, Lazio + Fiorentina. Also, he?s competing against some of the best coaches in the world instead of Gattuso/Pirlo/Fonseca so it?ll be much more meaningful second time around.

Wasnt finishing second this year already his second season?

I'm glad he is the coach - if we had unlimited money and wanted to put up with the crybaby then Conte wouldve gotten us a title but Sarri, Conte and Mourinho - all three can go, I didnt want and still wouldnt take any of them. Pioli is the man for this moment as much as Ibra being the catalyst. He can lead us for maybe another season or two and then the real search begins to find someone that can take us to even a higher level but if we win with Pioli that would be magical and fitting for this group.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Ibrahimovic brought Milan back from the grave

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Wasnt finishing second this year already his second season?

I'm glad he is the coach - if we had unlimited money and wanted to put up with the crybaby then Conte wouldve gotten us a title but Sarri, Conte and Mourinho - all three can go, I didnt want and still wouldnt take any of them. Pioli is the man for this moment as much as Ibra being the catalyst. He can lead us for maybe another season or two and then the real search begins to find someone that can take us to even a higher level but if we win with Pioli that would be magical and fitting for this group.

Second full season. If Pioli manages to win a trophy or mount a serious Scudetto challenge against the likes of Allegri/Sarri/Spalletti/Mourinho/Gasperini and puts on a good showing in Europe then he would?ve proven himself and deserves a long term deal.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Ibrahimovic brought Milan back from the grave

Ibra is the only one who has a little bit of right to wear AC Milan's shirt... rest are fecking wankers. Kess is getting there.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Second full season. If Pioli manages to win a trophy or mount a serious Scudetto challenge against the likes of Allegri/Sarri/Spalletti/Mourinho/Gasperini and puts on a good showing in Europe then he would?ve proven himself and deserves a long term deal.

;) I know there wouldve been a qualifier.

Its like last season when people kept seeing the worst after every dropped point and thinking Milan would collapse. Even the start of this season some were weary with the "playing at San Siro with fans".

During the chaotic end to last season most of us had our doubts but looking at the squad from post lockdown to the end of last season I can only put my trust in him for how the team plays (the style has nothing to do with Ibra) and how the players respond to him. I think reality dictates he may not be the guy to take the squad to the promised land but I would like him to have that fairy tale and he can probably grab the scudetto this year if we carry form and the other falter.
If we are close to leading like we were last year then it would be a disappointment not to win ....but we are still months away from making those calls.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
It's really simple. If a coach does a great job he deserves to stay.

No point in discussing trophies and long term deals at this point

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's really simple. If a coach does a great job he deserves to stay.

At a club like Milan, you need to be Alex ferguson... pioli isnt respected! Maybe by diaz and the other midgets but by sum1 who as a name in the game... no.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
;) I know there wouldve been a qualifier.

Its like last season when people kept seeing the worst after every dropped point and thinking Milan would collapse. Even the start of this season some were weary with the "playing at San Siro with fans".

During the chaotic end to last season most of us had our doubts but looking at the squad from post lockdown to the end of last season I can only put my trust in him for how the team plays (the style has nothing to do with Ibra) and how the players respond to him. I think reality dictates he may not be the guy to take the squad to the promised land but I would like him to have that fairy tale and he can probably grab the scudetto this year if we carry form and the other falter.
If we are close to leading like we were last year then it would be a disappointment not to win ....but we are still months away from making those calls.

Pioli has a tough job ahead of him because all of our CL rivals have top coaches plus Paolo left him a bit short without a starting RW or adequate AM backup. Therefore, it?s going to be a true test of his managerial abilities but he?s already started the season with a bang and has the necessary squad depth in other areas of the pitch to overcome any injury issues. In other words, let?s wait until winter before discussing any contract renewals although a good showing in our next run of games against Liverpool, Juve, Atletico + Atalanta will put us on the right track for the rest of the season.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Your ignorance on Ibra and his contribution and value to this squad is also pretty impressive. It's very evident from your posts so far, you look at his earnings and appearances.

You miss the big picture. Big time.

You talk but say nothing.

I close this topic already with other members.

Why do you reopen this discussion while I am replying Nestafan about the haka?

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Ibra is the only one who has a little bit of right to wear AC Milan's shirt... rest are fecking wankers. Kess is getting there.

At a club like Milan, you need to be Alex ferguson... pioli isnt respected! Maybe by diaz and the other midgets but by sum1 who as a name in the game... no.

Ibra:
You don?t know people at first, but from day one it was very easy with him. Pioli has the right mentality, every day he has this energy that he transmits to everyone, he wants the best from the team. He calls me in the morning and asks me: ?Where are you, I?m already working?. He challenges me like this.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sog, mate, I'll be upfront, I do believe in the last couple of posts I made... but, also, Im little pissed off so right now so dont hold these last few posts against me, Im a little of of sorts. I was really happy today, got tickets to watch the game tomorrow and then I find out there wont be Ibra.

Also, Ibra chats shity, I believe VS told us wot Ibra did to pioli when he pioli made the mistake of substituting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule