TIM TROPHY , July 20 , 2005

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
7/20/2005
TRIESTE - The first mini game of the Tim Trophy between Milan and Inter ended in a 5-4 win on penalties for the Nerazzurri who earn 2 points in the table, while the Rossoneri got just one. This is the oucome of the penalty shoot out: Seedorf (M)(goal); Arrieta (I)(off); Rui Costa (M)(goal); Julio Cesar (I)(goal); Serginho (M)(post); Materazzi (I)(goal); Costacurta (M)(goal); Martins (I)(goal); Ardemagni (M)(goal); Solari (I)(goal); Ambrosini (M)(off); Wome (I)(goal)

Well doesn't look like we are going to win it this time, But if you believe the myth then it is maybe a good thing ;)

Reaction score
maldini_mo said:
hopefully we dont win it... theres a myth that whoever wins it doesnt win the scudetto..so far its been spot on each time..juve won it the year we won scudetto, inter won it last season, milan won it the season we won champions

its really creepy..any1 kno if sportnet,tsn,rds,foxsportsworld,rai or tln will be showing it? on acmilan.com it says its being showed in canada but i cant find the channel

I thought it was the Berlusconi Cup?

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
whos this young player ardemagni and will he play during the season?

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hendy said:
I thought it was the Berlusconi Cup?
nope its tropheo tim im 100% sure

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini_mo said:
whos this young player ardemagni and will he play during the season?
I think he came on as a substitute in the Palermo game that gave Juve the title. He didn't play for long so I cant really say if he is good or bad.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
we beat juve with 2-1 (vieri, rui costa / trezeguet)

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
damn now we're in first.. i dnt want to win this trophy...its bad luck

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I've watched the two games (or two halves to be more precise :tongue: ) and they don't really mean anything to me in terms of result or performance, but I have a few comments since I've got nothing to do :D

- The 3-4-1-2 formation against Juve seemed a lot more attractive than our usual 4-3-1-2 which Carletto used against Inter ... It might not matter much with the many absences and the fact that they're just friendlies, but it kind of shows that the coach is seriously thinking about implementing this style more often this season En Sha Allah ;)

- Should Carletto use the three men defense formation more often, we'll have a bigger chance to actually ROTATE (and not just use this word to fool oursleves), this will give certain players more rest depending on what's going on in the coach's mind these days *hinting at the midfield mystery* :tongue:

- I hate the fact that Inter got Pizarro, not to make a big deal of it, but I think he's really good, he did look good today and he might make a big difference in their midfield :rolleyes:

- Ardemagni looked quite good actually, I can't decide from a few minutes but he didn't look too bad :D

- I've got one question for those who watched the penalties against Inter: is it just me or did our players look gloomy/sad/disappointed during the penalty shoot-out? I got a sick feeling in my stomach when Sergio wasted and the camera focused on Rino's face who had a "it-still-wouldn't-go-in" look on his face ... Perhaps I felt like that because it actually reminded ME of that black day, but I hope I'm just bluffing En Sha Allah :D

- Errmm, this is a bit difficult for me, since I've never really liked Vieri ... But seeing him today in Milan's jersey gave me the new-player-enthusiasm (which I didn't expect to happen in his case), yet I think everyone deserves a new chance and I should stop being mean and start cheering for this new red and black player ... So yeah, I'll say it:

FORZA BOBO!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

:)

Last edited:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:
I've watched the two games (or two halves to be more precise :tongue: ) and they don't really mean anything to me in terms of result or performance.

:)
Since you watched it do you know if we won, lost or is there more games to play.

julia22

Life is now xD
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
i read in acmilan.com that acm defeated inter and juve so.. they have already won the trophy??

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Kyara said:
I think everyone deserves a new chance and I should stop being mean and start cheering for this new red and black player

I really think this should be the slogan of the forum. Too many people here are condemning themselves to long and miserable seasons bitching about players that are going to represent the team we support. Let's face it, you're likely to spend something like 150 hours watching Milan over the next ten months. Give yourself a break ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Tsar said:
Since you watched it do you know if we won, lost or is there more games to play.
According to my bro (who is pretty reliable source by the way :tongue: ), the tournament is like a small league ... Whoever wins a straight half gets 3 points, whereas if they won by penalties they only get 2 ... So far we've got 3 points, Inter have 2 and Juve have 0, however, Juve VS Inter which is being played right now will be the deciding match :)

PS: Inter beat Milan by penalties, while we beat Juve 2-1, Vieri scoring from a penalty, Rui from, hmmm, I can call it a long shot while Oliviera scored for Juve :)

(Once again correct me if I'm bluffing please :D )!

Last edited:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:
According to my bro (who is pretty reliable source by the way :tongue: ), the tournament is like a small league ... Whoever wins a straight half gets 3 points, whereas if they won by penalties they only get 2 ... So far we've got 3 points, Inter have 2 and Juve have 0, however, Juve VS Inter which is being played right now will be the deciding match :)

I think you are right apart from the bit about the number of points we have, I think we got a point for loosing to Inter on penalty's and three for beating Juve. So we should have four points altogether. I think this means we have won unless Inter beat Juve.

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:

PS: Inter beat Milan by penalties, while we beat Juve 2-1, Vieri scoring from a penalty, Rui from, hmmm, I can call it a long shot while Oliviera scored for Juve :)

u missed one thing...a loss gains u one point
Milan 4
inter 2
juve 1

edit:

sry juss saw som1 already said this by the way it says trez scored for juve

Last edited:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crisis at Juventus. ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
savicevic10 said:
Crisis at Juventus. ;)
Juve are the same even with Vieira, in fact they're always the same, they're the most boring team in this universe and yet they manage to win it at the end ...

A crisis indeed :o :tongue:

Last edited:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well it was obviously tongue in cheek, but I think it's worth noting that Juve still haven't addressed their weaknesses this summer with the signings of two DMs.

Creativity rests on Pavel Nedved for the fifty or so games this year.

There's still time obviously but it would have been like us spending the Gila money on a midfield ball player.

Last edited:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
savicevic10 said:
Well it was obviously tongue in cheek, but I think it's worth noting that Juve still haven't addressed their weaknesses this summer with the signings of two DMs.

Creativity rests on Pavel Nedved for the fifty or so games this year.

There's still time obviously but it would have been like us spending the Gila money on a midfield ball player.
With never ending scudetto titles who would give a crap about a TIM Cup, that's Inter's annual celebration :tongue:

Juve are too happy about signing Vieira (even though I can't really understand the reason :rolleyes: ), so I really doubt they'll go for another flashy one 'cause they're not the spending/buying type of a team as we all know ... It might happen though, who knows ...

As far as creativity is concerned, they've got Miccoli as well now, but hopefully they'll be stupid enough to keep him warming the bench again ;)

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
how was bobo? did he look fit?

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Was entertaining though...

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Congo Powers said:
how was bobo? did he look fit?

I don't think so, he looks slow, heavy, but, who knows, maybe he can improve his fitness in short time.

Schedule