Week 12: Sassuolo vs Milan - Sunday 05/11/2017 20:45 CET

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella is trying to ease Silva in. I think Silva needs more time in Serie A.

Montella also takes the whole squad rotation thing really too seriously. I think it breaks up our rhythm and team chemistry too much.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
About squad rotation.. the experiments have more or less ended now. This will be our first choice XI.

Hakan and Suso supporting Kalinic. Borini and Rodriguez wide with Biglia/Monto and Kessie in the center. Romagnoli-Bonucci-Zapata defence.

I also think Zapata has demonstrated enough now that he's better than Musacchio in this role.

For EL, other guys like Andre Silva, Cutrone and Locatelli will get their chance.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's nice to have a win. The team actually played well.

The most concerning thing is that we only play well after we take a lead, but, at this point, I'll take it. Keeping pace with other teams, hope this starts something.

That being said, Jesus, next round Napoli?

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We won an away game and looked good after the lead. Did not need a penalty or set piece to win... WOW, finally a positive moment for our team... forza Milan, nice win

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
A tidy performance for the most part.

Forza Milan!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Montella resta! :proud:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
You and Sage are making the board miserable to read with this kind of bullshit.

I swear man...I'm still not a fan of Silva but he needs time and has never been.as bad as kalinic has been in most of his games..

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Good convincing win.

If only it can't always happen like this.

We just need a goal to have the game open up and then we're good.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Solid, controlled performance except for a few stray incidents. I think this is a good step forward and will bring some much needed confidence.

Our Ale and Suso did well to score the goals. Borini, Montolivo and Kessie shined through the game. Bonucci and his fellow defenders looked assured for the most part.

3 valuable points.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Solid, controlled performance except for a few stray incidents. I think this is a good step forward and will bring some much needed confidence.

Our Ale and Suso did well to score the goals. Borini, Montolivo and Kessie shined through the game. Bonucci and his fellow defenders looked assured for the most part.

3 valuable points.

sums it up, i think zapata deserves some praise too.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
About squad rotation.. the experiments have more or less ended now. This will be our first choice XI.

Hakan and Suso supporting Kalinic. Borini and Rodriguez wide with Biglia/Monto and Kessie in the center. Romagnoli-Bonucci-Zapata defence.

I also think Zapata has demonstrated enough now that he's better than Musacchio in this role.

For EL, other guys like Andre Silva, Cutrone and Locatelli will get their chance.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Vik

Passionate Anime Hater
Reaction score
Sassuolo shirt looks very good on Matri

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Good win. Ricardo(didnt play today tho), Romag, Suso, and Borini are our best players so far this season. And Kessie is important when having a good day too.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sums it up, i think zapata deserves some praise too.

Yes he was particularly good in one on ones tonight. To me, he's tailor-made for a 3-man defence.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
I think that Sassuolo is probably the worst team we have played so far this season.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Yep Montolivo performance very "good" as always no responsabilities, everyone can do what he wants as long as himself can do what he wants. you take responsabilities you take risk, Shitting on Biglia so RarenNBullshit.
The only thing Silva can do is to show his value... crying a river will not change everything. They are talkin with the coach so it is. Montella has 3 CF for at least 2 important competitions, I guess there's a gentleman agreement.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A nice routine win. Hopefully this kick starts us.

Next game being at Napoli will be tough, but getting a result there would be great.

rurarurararu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wasn't the prettiest of matches, but I'm glad we won as comfortably as we ended up doing.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Borini and Rodriguez wide

I'd much rather borini as the first choice LWB with calabria/abate at RWB

or borini at RWB with antonelli at LWB.

RR is too slow/static to be a WB

livoG

Primavera
Reaction score
You can see the difference when Montolivo plays instead of biglia.. He offers way more stability defensively and didn't put a foot wrong. Biglia this season has not offered any good cover for the defence at all and is often out of position. Check first goal against juve for example.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Agree with everything with the exception of Rodriguez....

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t he benched today or was he injured? Also antonelli came on in place of Borini ahead of Rodriguez. The point being that I think Montella sees Rodriguez more an alternative/competition for Romagnoli in the false leftback/centerback type of role and not as wingback anymore. So Abate and Calabria for the right and Borini and Antonelli for the left.

We also defend with a back 4 most of the time with a 4411 or 433 shape because Borini always seems more in line with the midfielders. In this type of system therefore Borini is a crucial player.

Schedule