Week 21: AC Milan - SSC Napoli 26/01/2019 20:30 CET

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be honest, he needs competition, something to motivate him.
Last season he ran tirelessly for 50+ games and now you see him jogging around after minute 50.

I think he is physically not well. He looks like he is off physically and it is taking a toll on him. I wish we could rest him some more, he doesn't look like himself.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Romagnoli was amazing.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Piatek could’ve started or been subbed in start of the second half. He will probably feel now he’s already had a game and not scored-stupid psychological mistake from our manager. He had absolutely no time to get into the game

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
nope

both are same level of bad

They clearly aren’t. Wtf, borini can’t pass, cant dribble, can’t even control a ball.

Castilejo is ridiculously light weight and has zero tactical awareness.. thats it.

Borini shouldn’t be a football-player

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How has he regressed? He makes more dumb moves per match than he did the previous month. That has been the case for a really long time now. The guy is a really unfocused, random player.

How about “dumb moves” that wouldn’t exist if he didn’t run his ass off in the first place?

Hakan is focused? How many bad passes, late passes, and shit shots he takes per game. Has he not regressed? But we can’t sell because we don’t have alternative right? So who’s Kessies alternative?

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Kessie is done by the first minute. He is possibly the least focused player I've ever seen play for Milan. You never know what he's gonna do - could be a great pass, could be an absolute foolish move. I really don't understand how he can regress so much over the last two years.

You pretty much said it unfocused. I think we made this (young)player a starter and millionaire too quickly.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
kessie is simply doing too much, he's a ball winner, b2b, winger all in one

grintics is asking him to do everything while the guy is off form, of course he has to shoulder responsibility for his own bad form, but rino is to blame as well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The one mistake Gattuso did make was Cutrone starting instead of Piatek. Should've had more faith in Il Pistolero. He could very well have converted one of those half chances in the first half.

Anyway, good 1 point. Need the same focus against Roma next week.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again huge positive thing is we didn’t concede but man we need to start scoring more goals. I think Gattuso was just happy with the draw strangely

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Kessie is done by the first minute. He is possibly the least focused player I've ever seen play for Milan. You never know what he's gonna do - could be a great pass, could be an absolute foolish move. I really don't understand how he can regress so much over the last two years.
Great...

While hakan is not yet focused
Now kessie lost his mind too

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The one mistake Gattuso did make was Cutrone starting instead of Piatek. Should've had more faith in Il Pistolero. He could very well have converted one of those half chances in the first half.

Agreed. Piatek should have started the game.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I think he is physically not well. He looks like he is off physically and it is taking a toll on him. I wish we could rest him some more, he doesn't look like himself.

That would explain everything

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He genuinely seems to be scared that Cutrone will just sulk like fuck like he always does if he gets subbed or doesn’t play

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- Fair result. I hoped we could win but sometimes our buildup is on turtle speed.

- Gigio? Always there when required.

- Calabria? A good night defensively not so much offensively.

- Musacchio? Almost a perfect night until the last 15 minutes with a horror show.

- Romagnoli? He was everywhere. He had an error on a header but besides that error he did not repeat with not going to help Rodriguez when Callejon already beat him.

- Rodriguez? Pretty much terrible IMO.

- Kessie? He was ok and terrible at the same time. I think Rino gives him too much freedom to roam around the field. Needs to work on his positioning a lot.

- Bakayoko? Good game with a mental dip in the last 15 of the first half.

- Paqueta? Quiet night. As soon as he got the ball 1 or 2 Napoli players were already on him nice combinations with Hakan though. He was a defensive midfielder the whole second half.

- Suso? IMO, usual night if his play works he is good otherwise he is invisible. Needs to hold the ball a bit less longer.

- Cutrone? I will take the good with bad. Sometimes his passing looks below amateur level and sometimes it seems that he can turn up good. Zero chances created for him.

- Hakan? IMO, he is like Kessie right now, injured and still playing but if they cannot give 100% they should not be fielded at all.

Subs:

- Borini? Invisible man returned. I truly canoot complain about him.

- Piatek? Good cameo. We might need to buy Kouame too.

- Laxalt? No grade.

- Overall, there were some positives and some negatives. I still believe that Conti will have to be our starting RB (sorry David, you have been somewhat dependable this season), we need a partner for Capitano (I hope Caldara returns to what I have seen of him at Atalanta), LB is needed. Middle of the park we need to buy Bakayoko, I also hope we could buy Tonali and if we are going to play a 4-3-3 we need a faster winger who serices our CF instead of cutting inside and shoot. I am also thinking that it would not be a bad idea of cashing on Suso.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again huge positive thing is we didn’t concede but man we need to start scoring more goals. I think Gattuso was just happy with the draw strangely

I would have been happy with a draw if I didn’t watch the match.

Napoli was equally toothless and ripe for the taking

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
ughh, annoyed that we didn’t finish this

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
No surprise to see that when the fans arent all over donnarumma he puts out world class performances. His passing has improved greatly.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
This is one of those games where I have to agree with Gattuso's subs. Napoli were overloading our left side with Callejon and Malcuit overlapping from about the 60th minute. Paqueta was out of energy and Hakan as well. We needed to add some protection there.

Then Carlo recognised this and the focus of the attack switched flanks, with Ghoulam playing really high up and Suso trying to track him, and Kessie getting drawn towards their CM, leaving a big space for Calabria to have to manage, and Insigne was causing issues here.

Bakayoko doesn't recognise danger and doesn't move laterally to cover when there is a need to protect the vulnerable half spaces.

We needed to sort out that right side as well with a sub, but we have no viable alternatives.

We should have scored earlier in the game, but were hanging on for dear life for about 25 minutes (which was not good defending, but us getting good fortune that Napoli had some bad touches or poor decisions in our box). I'll take the point and run considering.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Pretty much good game and fair result at the end.

Let's not forget that Napoli has better team and Anceloti as well so at the end, no one should be disappointed with draw.

I totally love polish boy :love: no doubt who needs to start.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I wouldn't simplify it to that extent. We played a very good defensive line and was compact throughout, except for the couple of ball giveaways by the midfielders.

We should've scored, yes, but it's mostly Milan's defensive good game that made us not concede.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is one of those games where I have to agree with Gattuso's subs. Napoli were overloading our left side with Callejon and Malcuit overlapping from about the 60th minute. Paqueta was out of energy and Hakan as well. We needed to add some protection there.

Then Carlo recognised this and the focus of the attack switched flanks, with Ghoulam playing really high up and Suso trying to track him, and Kessie getting drawn towards their CM, leaving a big space for Calabria to have to manage, and Insigne was causing issues here.

Bakayoko doesn't recognise danger and doesn't move laterally to cover when there is a need to protect the vulnerable half spaces.

We needed to sort out that right side as well with a sub, but we have no viable alternatives.

We should have scored earlier in the game, but were hanging on for dear life for about 25 minutes (which was not good defending, but us getting good fortune that Napoli had some bad touches or poor decisions in our box). I'll take the point and run considering.

Yup, Ghoulam's position was the main reason Napoli took the advantage in the last 25 minutes.

Borini sub made complete sense considering how bad our left side looked by then. Throwing Laxalt on was just extra security towards the end. There was an equally good case to bring on Castillejo instead of Laxalt, play him on the right with Suso coming on to the midfield and look for the counter. I'd have preferred the latter, but Rino wanted the draw by then.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would have been happy with a draw if I didn’t watch the match.

Agree... gatusso should have been more brave with his subs and go for the win.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't simplify it to that extent. We played a very good defensive line and was compact throughout, except for the couple of ball giveaways by the midfielders.

We should've scored, yes, but it's mostly Milan's defensive good game that made us not concede.

To some extent.

But commentator mentioned this before the game and I think it’s a shrewd observation: Napoli is way behind Juve and quite a bit ahead of Inter, so they don’t really got a lot to play for. They were definitely very content with the draw

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

Perfect. Bravo

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Piatek was on for just 20 minutes and the Napoli players couldn't handle him. First Koulibaly had to smash into his own keeper and then later they gave a free kick near the box on Piatek's ball run. Also the Napoli red card was to stop a pass to Piatek. Add to that the assist for Mussachio almost scoring.

Now if Milan start with Piatek, Paq, a new left winger, they could potentially be smashing a team like Napoli.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What, we are playing this fixture again in 3 days? :lol:

Quan

Primavera
Reaction score
And can they do something about set pieces it's fucking shameful.

Schedule