Week 21: Brescia - Milan 24/01/2020 20:45 CET

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Big chances at both ends, surprised it's goalless.

Virtually nothing from Samu or Hakan, not enough from Ibra and Leao. Absolutely nothing from Kessie.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Hakan invisible
giphy.gif

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
The claim "Zlatan would have scored here!" will be illegal after this game. Tbh he's notorious for missing sitters and scoring from improbable angles.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
We can’t continue with this 4-4-2. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Hakan invisible

he has been tracking back, and trying to win the ball.
Also some decent forward play.

Real average game from him. But this is exactly why Pioli has played him.

Rebic will come in later, when we go for it.
We need someone to drive and smash their way through.

Samu isnt quite doing it today. Probably also tired. Another player who until this month, hadnt played more than a minute here or there.

ah Ibra, still cant beleive that miss. Fuck me. Shocked.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
honestly i still cant beleive he missed it.

Ive never seen ibra miss anything like that ever.

I think he is just so tired, that he is struggling to get to the ball. Even if its one yard away, its just such a demand for him.

hope we pull it off and Ibra can end the game well.

Defense is worrying.....

Ibra has missed sitters before. But his impact is still very important for the team.

Others were bad in the first half: Samu, Hakan, Kjaer and Kessie. I would keep Samu instead of Suso. Replace all the other 3.

Kebab did one good thing. He, of course, didn't miss to slip again. The number of times he slips is roughly the same as the number of times he does his so INaccurate long shots.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Tough game. Disastrous half by Kjær, almost got sent off ffs.

Rare miss by Ibra. Noodle looks like he's been in hot water since Udinese.

A win is possible.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
How did Ibra miss that?

Kessie and Hakan needs to fuck off. Absolutely zero involvement.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Tbh we were the better team for large parts of that half, we had a minute lapse in concentration and probably are lucky not to have conceded. Ibra and Leao have a great understanding with each other, however I wish sometimes they’d be a little more selfish. On occasion they tend to try one pass too many, it’ll eventually click perfectly.

Kessie and Hakan really aren’t offering much either end of the field, both working hard but they work hard and lack concentration. I’d be taking Hakan off right now, Kessie only stays in because he is the only physical midfielder we have but if we had anyone else and I mean anyone who could be physical he shouldn’t get a game.

Kjaer is making me very nervous, I think he should be subbed early in the half. He’s not playing horribly but that first challenge of the game was stupid and not they’re going to target him.

This game is very winnable and we should have a lead, come out this second half and make a slight tweak or two to the system and we can win.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We can’t continue with this 4-4-2. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

433 with:
Rebic - Piatek - Leao
Kessie - Ben - Samu

confuse the shit out of Brescia and win :g:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

A win is possible.

But according to some Kjaer shits on MM

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Kessie is working hard in the defensive phase, he's doing his job. He's putting pressure wherever Brescia have the ball, covering those out of position when we lose possession. Not sure what you want from him in this 442.

Agreed, and hakan has been terrible and lethargic very annoyed with him. Theo has not been energetic enough. Bennacer and romagnoli were solid. Tired of this team not putting a shift in and not making space for the third man.

Massive bollocking needed at ht.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie is working hard in the defensive phase, he's doing his job. He's putting pressure wherever Brescia have the ball, covering those out of position when we lose possession. Not sure what you want from him in this 442.

He always wins lots of second balls and also uses his body to find and get the ball out of pressure. Good at winning duels and has the stamina to always be pressing or recovering.

Definitely not a good season for him, but in a 442 that’s what the center mids do. We don’t really have other options with the legs or physicality other than he and bennacer.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,

A win is possible.

Why is everyone bitching about Kjaer he had to give the first professional foul...

He wasn't the worst player on that field in the first half

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Why is everyone bitching about Kjaer he had to give the first professional foul...

He wasn't the worst player on that field in the first half

Because he then made a stupid challenge that nearly got him sent off.

Chekaca

Primavera
Reaction score
How can our players be tired when we are playing 1 game per weak...wtf?

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
he has been tracking back, and trying to win the ball.
Also some decent forward play.

Real average game from him. But this is exactly why Pioli has played him.

Rebic will come in later, when we go for it.
We need someone to drive and smash their way through.

Samu isnt quite doing it today. Probably also tired. Another player who until this month, hadnt played more than a minute here or there.

ah Ibra, still cant beleive that miss. Fuck me. Shocked.

We play Brescia, not Juve. We need to attack, not shy about attacking. There is no reason for putting Kebab in for the sake of balance. It's not like other player playing in LM not capable of tracking back and trying to win the ball.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Considering our bench I don't see any immediate ways out of this performance. I hope to see Rebic in the second half.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
1st half summary:

Controlling space decently well and fashioned a couple good opportunities. Zlatan needs to get back to being the targetman playing at the top and not revert to getting himself so involved in the buildup so deep. I think thats part of the reason he missed that sitter because he has had to do more work to get back into scoring positions after getting so involved deeper.

The avenues for us to attack are clear....the half space on our left and their right we can target with Leao and Theo for them to get behind and play cutbacks to those arriving in the box.

Zlatan really should have buried that sitter.

You guys are overreacting over Kjaer.....none of the fouls since he's been carded are anywhere near yellow card offenses.

Bennacer played well for the most part but he really should be releasing the ball quicker there and that caused Conti to take a yellow card to kill the counter attack. No need to panic and bring on Rebic at half time.....stick to the current players but just target the right areas offensively.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
We can sub Kjaer but then you remember that even Conti have yellow card. :lol: That guy is even bigger error prone player in defence.

I will be surprised if we end with 11 players. Ref is not helpful either.

Oh shit, Kjaer still on the pitch. :fp:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How can our players be tired when we are playing 1 game per weak...wtf?
Zlatan is tired because he's 38. It hasnt really showed until today

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
We play Brescia, not Juve. We need to attack, not shy about attacking. There is no reason for putting Kebab in for the sake of balance. It's not like other player playing in LM not capable of tracking back and trying to win the ball.

We actually dont know if rebic will.
I'm sure he can do it. But will he do it is the real question lol

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Mussachio should come in. Or Gabbia. Kjaer cant stay in. He’s one touch away from a red card.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I just hope we score before referee gives us a red card

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know Kjær had to make the first one, but I expect better from a 30 year old NT captain on the second one. Definition of unecessary, almost cost us the game in 34th minute

Schedule