Week 23: AC Milan 1-1vEmpoli FC - 15/02/2015 12:30 CET

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Cheers for the heads-up regarding timing. Would have definitely missed it otherwise.

AminAcid

Primavera
Reaction score
Yeah the time of the match sucks, it's 5:30am where I live, gonna have to pull an all-nighter... Hope it's worth it!!

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Possible starting lineup: Diego Lopez, Zaccardo, Alex, Paletta, Antonelli, Essien, Muntari, Poli, Cerci, Honda, Pazzini

:max: :(

A milan fan

Primavera
Reaction score
Does anyone know why montolivo isn't on the predicted lineup? I know he has been poor as of late but he is the best mf we have. Seems strange pippo won't consider him.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Still injured

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
B9t4swyIgAAzUc2.jpg:large

This :thumbsup:

Where is monto? :lol:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
B9zuMj7CEAAcdd9.png:large

Tonelli: 'Empoli can hurt Milan again'

Lorenzo Tonelli already scored against Milan this season and believes Empoli can upset them again at San Siro.

“This is going to be a difficult game because Milan have a squad full of champions, but we are capable of imposing our style of football on them,”

“It was great to score my debut Serie A goal against Milan, but we have to focus on the present. We can make the most of Milan’s poor form and bring home all three points."

“It’ll be tough anyway and in a single game they can find the right motivation, but we know that we can get the result.”

Last edited:

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
where is cpt.Bonera?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Probable Milan's lineup vs. Empoli (4-4-1-1)
Lopez; Zaccardo, Rami, Paletta, Antonelli; Bonaventura, Poli, De Jong, Honda; Menez; Destro.

And De Jong could be the captain against Empoli tomorrow!

Inzaghi has revealed that Honda will play over Cerci as he has only trained once this week.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

This :thumbsup:

Where is monto? :lol:

Covering from injury.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
14/02/2015 Pre-MATCH CONFERENCE

Filippo Inzaghi faced the press before Milan-Empoli.

MILAN- On Saturday, Filippo Inzaghi faced the press ahead of Sunday's Serie A match at home to Empoli. This is what was said by the coach.

Opening comments: "The priority at the moment is to give Milan an identity again with its playing style.

I know that asking for patience from the fans isn't easy as they have already been very patient, but if we want to get back on track we need to have patience.

Empoli are no longer a revelation or surprise, and to beat them we must play very well. They have been able to pick up draws away to some big teams, they have played very well, but we're Milan, we have home advantage and we cannot drop any more points.

We have tried to prepare the match well just like we do every week. We know their strengths and we will try and make the most of our qualities. I hope that those who come to watch us see us playing good football.
"

Inzaghi continued: "It's not right to look at the league table at the moment, we need to play with some of the convictions that we showed in the last match. At the end of the year we will then see where we finish. If we give performances worthy of Milan, then we can win every one of the next 16 matches.

I believe that with the new signings, for which I thank the President and the CEO Galliani, we have improved and there is everything in place to do well.

I am happy that we have the same ideas on football (speaking about the President, editor's note). Let's hope we can take Milan back to the levels the fans want and also our President.

Menez has also played well as a main striker, as I always say, there is no winning formation. You have to believe in what you do. We have two playing formations, playing with two strikers has given us some positive responses, and now it is down to me to evaluate the 11 players that I believe are in the best form."

On January addition Mattia Destro "He has an excellent attitude, he trains very well, he's a smashing lad but I don't want to load him with responsibilities that put too excessive pressure on him. I need to make the most of his characteristics, but I haven't forgotten Pazzini who has also done well.

I believe in the abilities of Destro and I believe that having players like Menez, Bonaventura and Honda playing close to him can be a help.

Cerci was on the way to an excellent condition, but he has been out for a couple of days because of a minor knee problem and so I can only use him for 30 minutes because he hasn't trained much.

We have De Jong back and Montolivo will be ready again on Tuesday. I want the players to do well because I would like their work during the week to be rewarded.

The criticisms don't worry me because I am strong to fight against everyone and everything. I am sorry for them though (the players, editor's note) and so I hope they can do well. Result aside, I think that we played well in Turin."

The coach commented on the team's position in the league table: "We have to be fuming with our position in the league table, but you only come out of tough moments with work and desire.

The fans have been very patient, but they know me and they know about the desire I possess to do well and so I will give my all.

At the end of the 90 minutes we will be ready for the jeers or the applause if we deserve it.

The compliments for Sarri (Empoli coach, editor's note) are right and deserved. Certainly the experience that he has is something that I am missing and that will come with time.

If De Jong is okay tomorrow he will play. I want to us get back playing well and from that the results will come. Tomorrow represents a launching pad to continue with confidence in the following matches. We are ready to give an excellent display."

Last edited:

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
"We are ready to give an excellent display."

Come out "foaming at the mouth" and lose 2-1.

sprengersma

Defender
Reaction score
oke, need to be more patient.
latest

i hope you deserve my cheers.

no word on last weeks captain.

Said

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
our season is pretty much over anyway

sprengersma

Defender
Reaction score
E]

our season is pretty much over anyway
if you think that its better to play out our primavera players, so they can build op exp and hopefully suprise us.
but i honestly don't think the season is over. getting to the cl well be hard but the uefa cup should be within are grasp

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
i think inzaghi already lost the team.. hope im wrong.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Pippo is not playing Muntari most likely to save him from insults again from the San Siro. Again I say coz that happened last few times, and he deserved it.

And to that same player Pippo gave a captain armband. That move was stupid and showed Pippo is not doing it right.

Now make DJ captain, after he signed for Juve. Great.

Just give it to Lopez and that is it!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sarri: 'Milan enviable strikers'
Empoli boss Maurizio Sarri warns "few in Europe" have a strike force as impressive as Milan.

Details:

"Milan might be having difficulty expressing their full potential, but few in Europe have a collection of forwards as good as theirs," said Sarri in a Press conference.

"They could beat anyone, so we mustn't make the mistake of thinking Milan are an "easy" opponent. We require humility, staying calm and making the most of our characteristics.

"We have what it takes to cause the Rossoneri problems. We are talking about great players, so I ask my men not to be passive for a single moment."

"People had assumed we would be relegated, but the truth is we lost only two of the last 15 games,"

"How were we supposed to lose confidence in that situation? It seems absurd to me. It?s true we often didn't get the points we deserved for our performances, but that was always going to be a potential limitation of our playing style."

"The win over Cesena shouldn't change anything, just as the defeats didn't change anything. We must only work hard, preferably harder than anyone else. It is the only way to shake off the influence from results."

"They"ve all played more or less the same amount this season. It is pleasing for a Coach to be troubled by many options available to him."

"I am cheering on Carpi, clearly. I have no interest in what Lotito has to say, but Empoli are a small and very effective club. I hope Lotito's opinion is not shared by the other big clubs."

Even SP has mentioned Sarri coaching experience: "Certainly the experience that he has is something that I am missing and that will come with time."

Last edited:

Username

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini Alessandro Nesta Stephan El Shaarawy Mario Balotelli Andriy Shevchenko
Unbelievable how Inzaghi still plays M?nez at #10 over Honda. We will win but it will be playing shitty football. Hooray.

sprengersma

Defender
Reaction score
he is going to let mastalli start and give him the armband ;-)
would like that anyday over muntari

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Schedule