Week 3: Inter - AC Milan - Sun 13/09/2015 - 20:45 CET

The result of the derby della Madonnina? (anonymous voting, dont worry)

• Home team wins

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Away team wins

Votes: 37 54.4%

• Total voters

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Montolivo plz. De Jong can't handle this match.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Dj and Berto desrve to be benched.
Thing is we are short of central mids and its the only reason why i think we should try dj next to Monto and Kucka.

--------------lop

Abate/Des---------Roma------Zap------------Anto

-------------Kucka-----------Monto----------Dj

--------------------------------Bona

-------------------------Bacca------------Adri

Balo sub to score the winner.....

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Dj and Berto desrve to be benched.
Thing is we are short of central mids and its the only reason why i think we should try dj next to Monto and Kucka.

--------------lop

Abate/Des---------Roma------Zap------------Anto

-------------Kucka-----------Monto----------Dj

--------------------------------Bona

-------------------------Bacca------------Adri

Balo sub to score the winner.....

personally think De Sciglio deserves to be benched over Bertolacci.

He constantly left him exposed, having to go deeper and out of position.

I wish we'd try a 3-5-2. WOuld help our CBs. Would help us control a midfield. Our best attack is Antonelli as WB anyway

----------Ely--MExes--Romagnoli
Abate--Montolivo--NDJ--Berto--Antonelli
------------Adriano---Bacca

Open to swapping CB's but basically all will be more secure in a 3 man w/ a spare.

NDJ can concentrate on destroying play. Montolivo can help control possession. Bertolacci can play his natural role of b2b and how he had success last year.

Wing backs are a relative strength of our team.

Attack will thrive with it.

ALso inter will likely go 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3.... the 3-5-2 will catch them off guard, and give us a chance to control play.

Of COurse Silvio will yell at Mihajlovbic if he goes 3 man. It's not DA MILAN. SMH

Tasht

Dreamer!!!
Reaction score
People should know that with Kondogbia and Medel in the midfield, Inter had the most possesion out of any team in serie A, around 70% every match.

We probably wont be able to bring the ball past halfway line. Bacca and Adriano will face Miranda and Murillo, not some fodders from Empoli. And despite their attacking movement was non existent, they now have individuals like Perisic, Jovetic and Ljajic who can make difference on their own. Icardi will be back too. Hope Ely wont play this game, he's not ready for this.

Manage your expectation, I've warned you.

:star::thumbsup::star:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ALso inter will likely go 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3.... the 3-5-2 will catch them off guard, and give us a chance to control play.

Of COurse Silvio will yell at Mihajlovbic if he goes 3 man. It's not DA MILAN. SMH

How would a 352 control play against a wide 3 man attack? It will be a chaotic game, no free man on either side. Against 2, you have a point, but not if it's a trident.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli

I wish we'd try a 3-5-2. WOuld help our CBs. Would help us control a midfield. Our best attack is Antonelli as WB anyway

Open to swapping CB's but basically all will be more secure in a 3 man w/ a spare.

NDJ can concentrate on destroying play. Montolivo can help control possession. Bertolacci can play his natural role of b2b and how he had success last year.

would be intersting, but as you said Berlusconi would no allow it, he would go crazy if that happens.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, i'm willing to bet that by December our attack will be Balotelli/Menez with Bacca/Adriano and Honda/Bona behind. We need an SS to complement the direct striker. Bacca/Adriano are too direct, and even though they've been disciplined enough so far trying not to step on each others toes and make the same runs, it can be predictable if both your strikers are making the same movements.

Bacca-Adriano is not our best attack. The SS role is critical in a 4312.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Antonelli is injured

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

352 is a difficult formation to go with and requires inteligant players to wear , not by our FBs.
And for sure you will need a Mascerano to shield our defense.
Our best bet is to ask our average full backs to defend only.
442 flat could be our best bet with Bona and Berto flanking Kucka and Monto.

And I refuse to believe that Berto will succed as a b2b ...

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't disagree that a 3 man system would benefit the balance and solidity of the team we have, but I think it would actually hurt our strikers. The added width from wing backs may help bacca and adriano, but I see very little support from the midfield. 3-5-2 requires a dynamic mid. I wouldn't expect bertolacci to be the ONLY mid helping the attack. And montolivo/de Jong seems too static for this system. For it to work, we'd have to either sub de Jong for a more mobile player(poli I guess), or play a double pivot and drop bertolacci for a more natural CAM like Honda, bonaventura, or even menez is more suited to the role. Otherwise I see a system with basically no support for the strikers from midfield.

Still say best option is 4-4-2. Two holding players since we don't have a player capable of doing that role alone at the moment. Two mids who work the outside of midfield, drift inward to attack. Keeps two strikers on the field. Fullbacks still take the width.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-4-2 with

Defense
Berto-monto-kucka/de Jong-bonaventura
Bacca adriano

De Jong can still focus on destroying, monto is still there for possession, but unlike 3-5-2 we have an added player to help with ball retention and support the strikers. Also, Jack benefits bc he suits a slightly wider role, and bertolacci isn't asked to do too much defensively. I think this is the best system for us right now at least.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
De Jong is a destroyer no matter where he's positioned

He can destroy our play from anywhere on the field

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bonaventura or Honda should start behind the strikers.

Midfield of Berto Monto Kucka.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
All i want to see is a starting eleven with Diego Lopez, Romagnoli, Honda, Bacca, and Luiz Adriano in it. Midfield is such a mess that not a single one of them is a guaranteed starter. Maybe Kucka is gonna be decent. Or Bona.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
''It's possible that Mihajlovic will start Montolivo in front of the defense against Inter according to Sky's Pepe Di Stefano.''

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
The only thing that is worth fearing about Inter's Mid is their ability to run,press and win the ball in the midfield.Creatively maybe except for Brozovic who I haven't seen play,its Stoke Level.

Correction:What Stoke used be.Stoke are a couple of notches above them now.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing that is worth fearing about Inter's Mid is their ability to run,press and win the ball in the midfield.Creatively maybe except for Brozovic who I haven't seen play,its Stoke Level.

Broz is a massive threat

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
uhh..not really

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Brozovic is definitely their best midfielder at the moment, and the only creative source in their midfield

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
The way Inter fans talk about Brozovic, you'd think he was Nocerino minus shooting ability.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Eh what!? Since when?

Inter fans used to bitch about the fact mancini never played both broz and kov together. He's very highly rated and though he might not necessarily have the same characteristics as kov, he could easily diminish the void he's left when he moved to madrid. I personally rate him very highly and could be one of the biggest threats depending on how mancini fields his players (4312,433 etc)

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Cool, so we just have to worry about everything that has given us a problem since the 2007/2008 season.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Yeah but every team that plays Stoke is lucky to get out of it without one or two injuries.
Plus if you play with a Jovetic, Palacio and Icardi (I have no idea how good Perisic is), you don't need creative midfielders as much. Both Jovetic and Palacio are able to drop deep to get the ball and get the team higher. Most likely the game will be a 1-goal difference or draw kind of game.

I have been impressed by Brozovic and from what I've seen he's been arguably their best midfielder last season.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but every team that plays Stoke is lucky to get out of it without one or two injuries.
Plus if you play with a Jovetic, Palacio and Icardi (I have no idea how good Perisic is), you don't need creative midfielders as much. Both Jovetic and Palacio are able to drop deep to get the ball and get the team higher. Most likely the game will be a 1-goal difference or draw kind of game.

I have been impressed by Brozovic and from what I've seen he's been arguably their best midfielder last season.

Thank you. Some here watch one game and conclude x player is fodder. Its the same lot that thinks soriano is better than bertolacci

Schedule