Week 6: Empoli vs AC Milan 27/09/2018 21:00 CET

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I think it’s correct that if you don’t buy quality you don’t finish off these games. All the drawn games probably reflects the squad capabilities

Bingo. Change 10 coaches, doesnt matter the players especially in attack are not up to the task of representing Milan they do not possess the individual qualities...excluding Higuain.

even if we concede, with a world class attack you can still win 5-1

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Insert Leicester stat.

In truth - how many points would we have if we kept our winning positions?

Is that every match we've been up in?

Up 2-0 against Napoli. Lost 3-2.
Up 1-0 against Roma. Won 2-1 in the last minute.
Up 1-0 and 2-1 against Atalanta. Concede in last minute.
Up 1-0 against Empoli. Draw 1-1.

So we've dropped 7 points from winning positions, and gained 1.

Painful.

And the win against Roma is cold comfort. They are a shambles, 4-0 yesterday notwithstanding.

When we conceded against Atalanta, I was pretty pissed. Today, I take comfort in the fact that this draw exposes our problems. Our numerous problems. Maybe I'm strange, but I'd rather admit to our failings than try to build hope on the two or three glimpses of quality we show a game.

Maybe things will improve. Maybe they won't. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gattuso let go before the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

Total horseshit.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I feel so miserable.... always Forza Milan

voom

Banned
Reaction score
We are wasetful in front of goal,how many chances Kessie need to score?
There where some "counterattacks"that Milan should have finalize with goals.This team dont now what to do outside of 16 meters.Hakan is awful this season,it seems that his divorce got him this year.Mentaly this team is shit.Our best player is Higuain Juve reject.

Rino need to be fired.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
We need an actual all-rounder box-to-box midfielder, like Modric

OPKFC.gif

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The amount of promising counter attacks we ruined today due to either poor ball control, poor/slow decision making or terrible shots was really frustrating. But this is what you get with such mediocre attacking players. We were much improved in general though and controlled the game much better today, until that stupid error for the goal.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I definitely agree that a different manager might scrape up more points, but in general when you buy average players, you get average result. This is what we're seeing.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same old story now.

We don't have the personnel to play from the back. We BADLY needed to upgrade Bonaventura's position this summer instead we got Bakayoko who's not really good enough to play CDM and more of a Kessie back up.

People hype the likes of Hakan, Suso, Bonaventura. At this point, if you don't see that having players like them puts a glass ceiling on our team there's nothing else I can say.

We got better striker yet we are still dreadful to watch. Silva was horrible here and started scoring as soon as he left(granted I still don't think he is a good footballer). People wanted better striker but see the result so far?

Rino was always tactically limited, but at least he's able to get morale up. For past 3 games now, after we score we just pass the ball about and invite pressure. Players play nonchalantly that's why howlers like Romagnoli's happen. And when it does, our players have been so lacklustered and now they are pressed for time to score. How many more times does this have to happen?

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I definitely agree that a different manager might scrape up more points, but in general when you buy average players, you get average result. This is what we're seeing.

Agree

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
That midfield
Those wingers
Borini striker

Like Chievo is better than Milan currently.

I think Gattuso should go in December but it's not like anyone else can turn poop to gold.

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
5 games into the league and 4th place is already gone. don't waste your time watching league games anymore the players have a bigger loser mentality than i do and things won't change.

the only way to salvage this season is to get lucky and win EL and the only way we would have any chance to win it is if we cash in on a real coach like conte asap before someone else gets him.

we need a real coach before we get knocked out of the group stage and need to spent a huge amount on the january transfer market because every new player would be eligible to use

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
That was just shit on so many levels.

We folded once again. We were on top, sat back and invited pressure. What is one match where that has worked? Even the big matches we've won we've not parked the bus completely. We are a top 6 team and we park the bus and get overrun by Empoli. That is not acceptable.

We introduced subs far too late. Our one out-ball was Borini, who cannot control a pass. So, we wait until we concede (utterly ridiculous mistake from Romagnoli), and then introduce some pacey players who actually know what a football is. Why not move Empoli on to the back foot by introducing them earlier? Nope. In one match, that is excusable - to have made the same mistake in every match this season? Not acceptable.

I have my own qualms with how stupid passing around at the back is when you need a goal. I'm not asking for the kitchen sink but the clearest example was the referee blowing the whistle when we had a good position ... why? Because Biglia had nobody in 6 yards at least outside the box centrally, and instead of going forward, he went at the very least sideways, if not backwards. Unacceptable. How can you expect the ref to humour you when you pass it around into nothing when needing a goal. No fucking excuse.

Their keeper was unreal. Some of it was hideous decision-making/finishing (Kessie) and some of it was unreal goalkeeping - Kessie and Suso.

Win our game in hand and we're only one behind Inter. But we have squandered the advantage we had with our result against Roma.

I trust Gattuso to do well against big teams, but I'm losing confidence. How many games can we struggle through dropping points until something changes?

Who is available?

This is spot-on.

Just feel bad now. Pains me to think Rino has to go but it seems like the obvious solution to salvage the season.

Am not completely sold on Conte but there isn't really anyone else of quality available at the moment.

:(

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

The problem is we should win all games except vs Napoli since we were better team on paper. The lads have shown that when they were determined to get goal, they were able to play good attacking game. Fortunately, when we were leading, we stopped the motivation to own the game, let opponents starting to gain their confidence and boom, the opponents scored and there was only some minutes to make a goal again. What making worse, when the opponent were able to make unexpected goal, we were again clueless, did so much time to come back to reality that we have ability to win the game by playing a proper game.

If we have average players, we know what to expect. The problem is we have better players, what lack of is winning mentality and the coach plays important role to fix it.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
The problem is we should win all games except vs Napoli since we were better team on paper. The lads have shown that when they were determined to get goal, they were able to play good attacking game. Fortunately, when we were leading, we stopped the motivation to own the game, let opponents starting to gain their confidence and boom, the opponents scored and there was only some minutes to make a goal again. What making worse, when the opponent were able to make unexpected goal, we were again clueless, did so much time to come back to reality that we have ability to win the game by playing a proper game.

If we have average players, we know what to expect. The problem is we have better players, what lack of is winning mentality and the coach plays important role to fix it.

The Eleven Sports commentators were saying how maybe we started protecting the lead on Rino's instructions. I don't know if that is true but if we are conserving energy due to the packed match schedule or because we are pretty intense in the first half, I don't see it working. Cos in the end when we are trying to regain our lead every end of each match becomes a cup final and that is more exhausting than being 2 or 3 goals up and cruising for the last 10 mins, I would think.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I thought I would do a little experiment: don't react immediately after the game, sleep on it, watch the highlights in the morning, see if I remember it differently.

Gattuso is a shite coach still.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't worry boys, we aren't even trying in Serie A.

Gattuso is planning to win EL to get us a CL qualification. Absolute genius.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same old story now.

We got better striker yet we are still dreadful to watch. Silva was horrible here and started scoring as soon as he left(granted I still don't think he is a good footballer). People wanted better striker but see the result so far?

Rino was always tactically limited, but at least he's able to get morale up. For past 3 games now, after we score we just pass the ball about and invite pressure. Players play nonchalantly that's why howlers like Romagnoli's happen. And when it does, our players have been so lacklustered and now they are pressed for time to score. How many more times does this have to happen?

I generally agree with you, especially with that "playing out from the back" part. We simply can't do that. Playing out means litterally playing out of the back and mustn't require much passes to find a way out of the danger zone. Our players don't have the class to do that, they create so much trouble to ourself because they can't stop passing the ball around our own box and inviting opponents to press even higher. I mentioned it already some weeks ago: Bonucci may not be the best defender in the world, but I think he was more important to us when it comes to that playing out from the back part than we thought. Now that he's missing, it's becoming clear as day how much we struggle in that part.

Concerning the part with the striker: I think you gave the answer to yourself in the same post. I don't know what this thing with as soon as we lead we become timid, little schoolboys scared of everything and let that fear influence our whole game is. I can't remember us last year doing such shit. Maybe that Napoli game, combined with the pressure of us wanting to reach TOP 4, screwed our players over. Question is how a team coached by Gattuso can be so weak mentally that it folds at the very first difficulty.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Didnt see Rino taking any of the blame. I think he just doesn't see it with his static mind.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's starting to sound like Montella in his final days. Saying things like "I'm sure if we continue like this the results will sooner or later come". I know there's not much else he can say, but yeah. As soons as a coach throws out those catch phrases you know he's close from being booted.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We don't have hunger. We play like pussies. Instead of destroying empoli 0-5 we score a early lucky goal and then play like pussies. This is not AC Milan mentality. This team does not have nothing in common with AC Milan

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Same old story now.

We don't have the personnel to play from the back. We BADLY needed to upgrade Bonaventura's position this summer instead we got Bakayoko who's not really good enough to play CDM and more of a Kessie back up.

People hype the likes of Hakan, Suso, Bonaventura. At this point, if you don't see that having players like them puts a glass ceiling on our team there's nothing else I can say.

lol what a joke of a poster.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
Why is Grinduso still our coach? He ain’t grinding shit anymore, time to get the fuck out!

And no, what you did before warrants nothing, this is a business, you’re as good as your last day. We’ve become so oh former legend we need to treat him with gloves for what he’s done, fuck no, what about what the club did for you? Turned you into a superstar, paid you millions, so fuck no, perform or go!

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
as soon as conte comes, you guys would be shitting on all the players and defend conte. the only problem with gattuso so far has been his preparation for second half(which was completely opposite of last season where we were usually good in second half). we are creating more than enough and conceding way less chances(do you guys even remember donna having to make more than 1 good save in a match? or even regular save?). our every mistake has been fatal. each game, i can't even count the amount of counter attacks ruined with poor shots and bad decision making from our players(either rushing too much or taking too long or taking weak shots instead of passing to teammate or passing when shooting would have been better option). their goalkeepers makes impossible saves(or maybe they are normal ones but we are getting used to donna standards). yet you guys can't see that and blame the coach instead.

Schedule