The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Look at how much Napoli created: a whooping nothing. Even the official Serie A Youtube channels couldn't find any goal scoring opportunity from Napoli beside that corner.

Really wonder who made those xG statistics. They absolutely don't match up with the actual game. We were the only onles creating goal scoring opportunities.

-EDIT-
Just to be clear: Being the better team for 85 minutes andstill not able to turn the result around, VAR withoutstanding, yes, that's a fuck up from us. I might be naive but not that naive :D

So, The flirting has started through the brother

Probably goes to Inter lol

Edit: Nvm he put @acmilan

Last edited:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Exactly.

Idiots would call posts like these negative or "meltdown" or whatever valley girl shit term they can come up with...but we absolutely haven't been great in getting the necessary players for the team to function optimally.

Also I don't get the over reactions against Diaz. OF COURSE HE'S going to be shit after covid....this is all the more reason to get a proper RW
It might be easy for you, specifically, to agree with someone who says "I'd rather be in Inter's position" since you were once in that position, as a former Inter fan.

Yes I am throwing that valley girl shit in your face. You deserve it.

Me? I'd never want to walk 1 single minute in the shoes of a printer fan nor would I say some fucking ridiculous shit like that much less for agreeing with it, just to get a leg up on some moral high ground a la "I told you so." Life's a little too short to be pitiful and pathetic like that, especially in light of AC Milan's recent failures on the pitch. If they fail, I fail with them. It's simple. I'm a fan of the club. That's how these things work. My personal pride and bravado has nothing to do with it.

But if people want to run around and cry "I told you so" about the transfer window, that's fine. Be as immature as you want. As long as that shoves a feather in your cap for you, that you seemingly want so badly, that's cool. For years management had dilly-dallied on signing a proper CAM and RW.

Management changed and it still continued. Like what exactly do you want from the rest of the fans who've accepted it though? Pretty sure I said at the start of this season that CAM and RW are still holes in our squad that has not been filled, yet because I content myself with the other personnel that were added, that somehow makes me (and others) a villain.

It's clear as daylight that Brahim Diaz isn't the CAM we need. But apparently in your little world, supporting him and wanting him to do his best (even when he clearly does shit) makes you somehow think that the rest of us agree that he's the CAM for us. We know he isn't. We know Maldini and Massara didn't/couldn't sign a better replacement for Hakan. We know they've done fuck all regarding a RW which we still lack. Yea we get it. Management hasn't been great in getting the key pieces we needed, but they did get players that have helped out tremendously. Imagine what the team would be like with all these injuries without the personnel we did manage to sign.

And the effect of not having these key pieces is compounded by the fact that we have (or had) a solid foundation in place to be serious league title challengers this year. Hell, even without those key pieces missing, we've still accomplished good things in the league. But playing down the fact that injuries crippled this team tremendously is just disgustingly in poor taste, especially as a "fan". How long have we missed Rebic now? Or have you forgotten that he's an AC Milan player? I wouldn't be surprised if you did forget because it feels like fucking forever since I saw him on the pitch. Like Kjaer is potentially out for the rest of the season. If those things don't signal a red flag to you, then Idk what will.

Here's a clear message for you and other ppl like you: If all you can ever be is a bandwagoner, jumping from one side to the other to put down other people because you think you're a "bigger fan" than others, you're only supporting yourself and not the club. That kinda attitude might fly at Inter, but not here.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You must've been let down plenty of times this season then given how many chances Ibra hasn't taken. Personally I don't expect the 40 year old to score a great goal at the first given opportunity against a defensive Napoli.

Analysis.. Reflections on the game... Tomato tomato..

I agree with the last paragraph and that's the sort of thoughts I rather read than echo chambers of feel good rationalizations
That post you are referring to had very little to do with "my thoughts on Napoli," but okay.

I don't mind players missing chances, I want them to try them, my bigger concern is whether we are creating enough of them, which we haven't been. Ibra's scoring record speaks for itself, and I've been quite vocal in my desire for a different CAM than Brahim, and for a RW.

However, describing my post as some sort of "feel good rationalization" is odd to me, not only because it was a comment that had nothing to do with our last game, but a general comment, but you've addressed it with an unearned dismissiveness that confuses me due to how disconnected my comment was to the subject matter.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
MilanLive report that we value Pobega at 40m.
200w.gif

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
That post you are referring to had very little to do with "my thoughts on Napoli," but okay.

I don't mind players missing chances, I want them to try them, my bigger concern is whether we are creating enough of them, which we haven't been. Ibra's scoring record speaks for itself, and I've been quite vocal in my desire for a different CAM than Brahim, and for a RW.

However, describing my post as some sort of "feel good rationalization" is odd to me, not only because it was a comment that had nothing to do with our last game, but a general comment, but you've addressed it with an unearned dismissiveness that confuses me due to how disconnected my comment was to the subject matter.
Actually it wasn't just that post alone I had in mind, perhaps I should've been more clear. Are you sure that comment had absolutely nothing to do with the match? I mean you did mention Napoli and Ibra's header etc and since people have been talking about the lack of shots on target in that particular match the timing doesn't exactly look like a coincidence.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually it wasn't just that post alone I had in mind, perhaps I should've been more clear. Are you sure that comment had absolutely nothing to do with the match? I mean you did mention Napoli and Ibra's header etc and since people have been talking about the lack of shots on target in that particular match the timing doesn't exactly look like a coincidence.
If you disagree with me on the Napoli game, that's cool. I disagree with you that this is an echo chamber. I think we have quite a wide spectrum of views on here, much more than other fanbases, if I'm being honest.

As far as my opinion on shots-on-target, it is a general comment, and a position that I stand by. "Shots on goal" isn't meaningful to me. If they are shots on goal that force the keeper into miraculous saves, cool, or even tough saves, but using it as some sort of indicator of whether a team, any team, is better or worse is weird to me. It honestly is.

The fact that hitting the post isn't a "shot on goal" alone should make the entire concept of it being some sort of be-all-end-all stat null-and-void for me. Teams can be dreadful and not have a shot on goal, but I think teams can also be fantastic, and technically, not have a shot on goal.

We were not good against Napoli. But I think those who say Napoli played better than us, I would like them to provide evidence of that. If "shots on goal" is your metric, then I shrug. I don't think I've ever used shots-on-goal as some sort of barometer of success anyway.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
If you disagree with me on the Napoli game, that's cool. I disagree with you that this is an echo chamber. I think we have quite a wide spectrum of views on here, much more than other fanbases, if I'm being honest.

As far as my opinion on shots-on-target, it is a general comment, and a position that I stand by. "Shots on goal" isn't meaningful to me. If they are shots on goal that force the keeper into miraculous saves, cool, or even tough saves, but using it as some sort of indicator of whether a team, any team, is better or worse is weird to me. It honestly is.

The fact that hitting the post isn't a "shot on goal" alone should make the entire concept of it being some sort of be-all-end-all stat null-and-void for me. Teams can be dreadful and not have a shot on goal, but I think teams can also be fantastic, and technically, not have a shot on goal.

We were not good against Napoli. But I think those who say Napoli played better than us, I would like them to provide evidence of that. If "shots on goal" is your metric, then I shrug. I don't think I've ever used shots-on-goal as some sort of barometer of success anyway.

I think there are echo chamber tendencies going on here from time to time but perhaps I'm expecting too much. It's also as if people are trying to balance each others takes out. I don't know how other fanbases act, I am da Milan and da Milan only.

I'm not arguing your general thoughts on shots on goal. You don't have to explain them for me. People were talking about xG scores and that was dismissed by others, then some talked about shots on goal and that was also dismissed. My guess is that people including myself would like more discussions with some critical thinking rather than what I percieve as a battle between stances and how we should feel about the project as a whole.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The discussion going on here is so dichotomous.

It's as if the team is either doing the very best within its means or it's an ongoing crisis. FBT is either a totally useless signing or he's a promising player who had a great game because he had one good cross and made no big mistakes against a defensive Napoli.

Polarizing cancer
Different people different opinions. If you are not from NK it shouldn't come as such a surprise.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Be thankful guys. For once in your lives. Be thankful Paolo Maldini's other son ain't a CB at Milan. We would never sign anyone again this season. Bless.
There's always 2 sides to everything

If the other son was here, we'd be the first ever club with two playerCEOs

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
It might be easy for you, specifically, to agree with someone who says "I'd rather be in Inter's position" since you were once in that position, as a former Inter fan.

Yes I am throwing that valley girl shit in your face. You deserve it.

Me? I'd never want to walk 1 single minute in the shoes of a printer fan nor would I say some fucking ridiculous shit like that much less for agreeing with it, just to get a leg up on some moral high ground a la "I told you so." Life's a little too short to be pitiful and pathetic like that, especially in light of AC Milan's recent failures on the pitch. If they fail, I fail with them. It's simple. I'm a fan of the club. That's how these things work. My personal pride and bravado has nothing to do with it.

But if people want to run around and cry "I told you so" about the transfer window, that's fine. Be as immature as you want. As long as that shoves a feather in your cap for you, that you seemingly want so badly, that's cool. For years management had dilly-dallied on signing a proper CAM and RW.

Management changed and it still continued. Like what exactly do you want from the rest of the fans who've accepted it though? Pretty sure I said at the start of this season that CAM and RW are still holes in our squad that has not been filled, yet because I content myself with the other personnel that were added, that somehow makes me (and others) a villain.

It's clear as daylight that Brahim Diaz isn't the CAM we need. But apparently in your little world, supporting him and wanting him to do his best (even when he clearly does shit) makes you somehow think that the rest of us agree that he's the CAM for us. We know he isn't. We know Maldini and Massara didn't/couldn't sign a better replacement for Hakan. We know they've done fuck all regarding a RW which we still lack. Yea we get it. Management hasn't been great in getting the key pieces we needed, but they did get players that have helped out tremendously. Imagine what the team would be like with all these injuries without the personnel we did manage to sign.

And the effect of not having these key pieces is compounded by the fact that we have (or had) a solid foundation in place to be serious league title challengers this year. Hell, even without those key pieces missing, we've still accomplished good things in the league. But playing down the fact that injuries crippled this team tremendously is just disgustingly in poor taste, especially as a "fan". How long have we missed Rebic now? Or have you forgotten that he's an AC Milan player? I wouldn't be surprised if you did forget because it feels like fucking forever since I saw him on the pitch. Like Kjaer is potentially out for the rest of the season. If those things don't signal a red flag to you, then Idk what will.

Here's a clear message for you and other ppl like you: If all you can ever be is a bandwagoner, jumping from one side to the other to put down other people because you think you're a "bigger fan" than others, you're only supporting yourself and not the club. That kinda attitude might fly at Inter, but not here.
How stupid do you have to be to see me DEFENDING Diaz to make an entire diatribe about SuPpOrT dA tEaM bRo?

Fuckin embarrassing

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
idk why, but i cant read the long posts, possibly i'm ********
i'm blaming the new forum format and the white text on black
:ibralol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Problem is even with a full squad we have no RW nor AM.
Am sure that Maldini didnt start the season saying its ok to have as much injury.
But he did start the season with Sale RW & Diaz AM.
Am I a joke to you?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Be realistic. Putting their awful ownership issues aside, in terms of roster Inter in terms of quality and depth is head and shoulders above the rest of Serie A right now. They'll likely end up winning the scudetto by a wide margin.
yeah, but they have been building this squad for years now

I wouldn't say they are head and shoulders above our squad when fully fit. If we'd have everyone fully fit for a couple of months, we'd destroy them the way we did with Juve.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not sure if he was signed to 'fill' any spot - it seems he was more an opportunity, a shot in the dark that cost very little... especially when we were unloading cocaine Don.

If Maldini actually pencilled him in and thought that is an upgrade at RW then we are moving much slower than many of the fans hope.
The Hakan move really screwed us but probably should have been anticipated after we brought in Maignan.

It can all be forgiven if they bring in a player that the team can lean on in attack. We need protagonists not more passengers.
Paolo isn't :g: , I think he's proven that every signing is pretty calculated (at least the latest now). Messias was obviously scouted based on data that proved he'd bring what we need... and I think he does, at least enough so for the price we paid. I only expect him to get better once he picks up steam + chemistry with the team

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jose Mourinho after Roma beat Atalanta 4-1 yesterday
👇🏽

🗣️
“I kept hearing people say that it was 19 months since Roma beat a top 5 team. Now you can say it’s been 20 minutes."

Sometimes I wish Pioli was more like Mou in his statements, just to shut some people up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule