Reaction score
Are we allowed to say our ale? #DontSayPresidente

fuck thomas lemar

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That scanning shite annoys me a great deal. Pathetic.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

fuck thomas lemar

Reminds me of this magnificent game of my childhood :D did anyone else play it?

15662-commandos-behind-enemy-lines-windows-screenshot-silently-approach.jpg

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What a pass that was :love:

He really upped his game in this aspect recently, noticed it even in the previous games. Pioli effect?

If he's smart, he'll renew even on a lower wage. Don't know if there's any club with a better overall mood now... and he still has time to improve and get a salary increase afterwards.
A real headache for all involved.

When Kjaer was still playing and Romagnoli started in few games, the verdict was one: he plays his heart out for the team but ultimately does not fit the way the team is set up.

So, 10m gross for a 2nd choice defender, easy, let him go. He goes to Juve & they fit his preferred low def line and salary demands.

Then Kjaer is out, Romagnoli plays better and better.

But is it going to continue? If we buy Botman, wouldnt it be redundant to keep Gnoli who has similar strong points but weaknesses too?

If we keep him, maybe we spend more on a forward.

If we dont, for 28m gross wages over 4 years, it will be hard to strike a better deal

Imho we renewed Gabbia, who is a weaker but cheaper version of Romagnoli. He also complicates the plan here

Im just a fan, I want best possible team.
I would keep Gnoli, loan Gabbia with option to buy & buyback, allocate funds for a forward & move for Omeragic, Thiaw or other defender in that mold.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
A real headache for all involved.

When Kjaer was still playing and Romagnoli started in few games, the verdict was one: he plays his heart out for the team but ultimately does not fit the way the team is set up.

So, 10m gross for a 2nd choice defender, easy, let him go. He goes to Juve & they fit his preferred low def line and salary demands.

Then Kjaer is out, Romagnoli plays better and better.

But is it going to continue? If we buy Botman, wouldnt it be redundant to keep Gnoli who has similar strong points but weaknesses too?

If we keep him, maybe we spend more on a forward.

If we dont, for 28m gross wages over 4 years, it will be hard to strike a better deal

Imho we renewed Gabbia, who is a weaker but cheaper version of Romagnoli. He also complicates the plan here

Im just a fan, I want best possible team.
I would keep Gnoli, loan Gabbia with option to buy & buyback, allocate funds for a forward & move for Omeragic, Thiaw or other defender in that mold.
I wrote my post from his perspective... like, if I was him I would do anything needed to stay here, unless someone offers crazy money. The atmosphere at Milan just seems magic now, which I don't think many clubs have... and he's still only 27, which is the usual age when CBs just start to mature, so if he improves, I'm sure we'll then offer more money.

From the club's perspective, I'll trust Paolo to do the right thing.

I have high hopes for Kalu and even Gabbia. Wouldn't sell him, maybe loan. He's had to come forward in difficult times and I haven't really seen him make big mistakes. Maybe not so flashy, but looks like a solid player.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Go back to ur cave

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and this guy says he knows statistics :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How Vulture thinks stats work

1*ERarZ75RoWF8Vn-_AlEmaA.jpeg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
How Vulture thinks stats work
The number of handshakes of Kjaer and Rebic correlate with the results of Milan. If they scream to teammates we get 3 points.

Poor body language of Leao means poor results. More music albums means less wins. But instead with balkan music in locker room, you get better results.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Again with a great pass for the 2nd goal. Glad to see he can still improve

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
He has been playing well lately and jt seems that he has finally settled into the captain role. I would like to see him accept a new contract on a reduced salary and ideally to abandon Raiola.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He has been playing well lately and jt seems that he has finally settled into the captain role. I would like to see him accept a new contract on a reduced salary and ideally to abandon Raiola.
Still not worthy of being a starter and captain, but as a sub would be good. I'd like to see him lift a trophy here after all the shitshow he's endured

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Still not worthy of being a starter and captain, but as a sub would be good. I'd like to see him lift a trophy here after all the shitshow he's endured
i know it's not easy (for all of us) to be purely objective when it comes to players we have admiration or empathy for (or the opposite lol). but try to answer this to the best of your objectivity.

we are in the market looking for a 3rd defender...Romagnoli is available. the Romagnoli you know with his characteristics you know.

1. would you sign him at all (free or not)?
2. would sign him on what some consider "ok if he lowered his salary (3m?)?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i know it's not easy (for all of us) to be purely objective when it comes to players we have admiration or empathy for (or the opposite lol). but try to answer this to the best of your objectivity.

we are in the market looking for a 3rd defender...Romagnoli is available. the Romagnoli you know with his characteristics you know.

1. would you sign him at all (free or not)?
2. would sign him on what some consider "ok if he lowered his salary (3m?)?
depends a lot on the context, but for #1 probably not

#2 probably yes, not sign, but extend and also if there are no better options available

I'm by no means a Romagnoli fan and had a similar situation to what I have with Leao now, when the whole forum was making him to be the 2nd coming of Nesta.

But, I'm giving credit where it's due... #1 he has been with us through some shitty years, this is why I want him to win smth (could be this season) and #2 he has improved his passing this season

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
depends a lot on the context, but for #1 probably not

#2 probably yes, not sign, but extend and also if there are no better options available

I'm by no means a Romagnoli fan and had a similar situation to what I have with Leao now, when the whole forum was making him to be the 2nd coming of Nesta.

But, I'm giving credit where it's due... #1 he has been with us through some shitty years, this is why I want him to win smth (could be this season) and #2 he has improved his passing this season
ok. got you.

that seems to be the most common reason, empathy. and i understand ... that's why i emphasized on "objectivity"...

when it comes to what matters on the field, the answer is almost always no on every box (his ability, his Characteristic for this team, salary (even reduced))
he's a great professional, cannot take that away from him. but that's not enough for a renewal for me, not even close.

i also think it would be slowing down the team's progress. i know a team is never "complete". we'll always be looking for someone who fits better the way we play than ones we have. players that are great this season may become redundant in 2 years as the team evolves....
and that is the case for him, he is now one of those players we need to change for a better fit..
it'd make no sense (imo) to keep a player who when on, we have to pray hard that he doesn't have to face an attacker 1v1...especially an expensive one.

he'll win a scudetto this year. hopefully that'll be the happy ending.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ok. got you.

that seems to be the most common reason, empathy. and i understand ... that's why i emphasized on "objectivity"...

when it comes to what matters on the field, the answer is almost always no on every box (his ability, his Characteristic for this team, salary (even reduced) )
he's a great professional, cannot take that away from him. but that's not enough for a renewal for me, not even close.
he'll win a scudetto this year. hopefully that'll be the happy ending
If I had to choose to extend him on lower wages or spend 20-30m on another OK defender, I'd rather keep him and spend the money elsewhere. I'm fin with him, Kalu and Gabbia as 3rd/4th choice

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
If I had to choose to extend him on lower wages or spend 20-30m on another OK defender, I'd rather keep him and spend the money elsewhere. I'm fin with him, Kalu and Gabbia as 3rd/4th choice
got you.

i was editing (adding to) my post...but yeah, got your take.
will agree to disagree.🤝

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

With that said, good luck and hope he finds form with Lazio and come back once he’s in his 30s as a star veteran :proud:

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Was so hyped for first two years. Then everything stalled, it is a shame, he is so young but plays with so much fear. Very good if you are sitting back. Hope he prospers in his dream club. Atleast Pioli and Maldini let him leave in honor with championship and last 20 minute sub against Sausalo.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Grazie Romagnoli, you have never acted in a wrong manner and its a shame that you were unable to continue your development.

I believe that he suffered from the responsibility of becoming captain too early in his career. He was not lucky to learn from a great Milan defender as the tradition of the club expects. He was given such a big responsibility at a tough time and when he himself was not fully developed. Since that time his character changed and he became less convinced of his abilities with every mistake.

I hope he can demonstrate his best football again. He always acted respectfully and good luck!

Schedule