The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
And of course we'll go with design that has tower of babel.
Don't think this was mentioned yet, seems like things are getting serious now.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Faivre is needed in Januaryyyy

alternative for 2 positions we dont really have any alternatives for
I agree. Even if Messias get back and does well and even if one of them can't be registered in Europe, Faivre would still be quite useful for this team. And he's good business... The 15M from July already looks quite cheap for his talent.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Faivre is welcome. With or without Messias back, we're too thin at both AM and RW, which they can both cover.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys part of the truth is that we lack quality even without the injuries especially upfront. Let’s say we had 100% of our team available yesterday. Except Rebic none of the missing players brings any added known quality to the team yet. Not Pilizzari, Florenzi, Pellegri, Samu or so far Messias. They might be extra bodies to throw around but none increases the quality of the team against real opposition like those in CL

We need quality upfront it’s that simple. Atalanta missed 5 starters and played well against Man Utd both legs but because of so many players missing they always looked dead in the last 15 mins due to lack of subs.

We have not even had more than 5 100% starters missing so far for our games. We lack quality upfront and that’s the truth
Its about fresh legs

Leao has been running on fumes for weeks because Rebic has been injured and others are suffering

Porto are good but they have a few advantages, both matches they had extra rest and fairly easy matches surrounding the ties

I think with a fully healthy squad Milan would have done much better but it doesn't really matter now

Finror

Casual AC Milan connoisseur
Reaction score
So on sunday we smash merda and then we have no game for 2 weeks, should be enough to return all our players expect Maignan no?

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka

good cause he is playing nonstop..but then again what the fuck is southgate smoking to pick coady or mings over him :lol:

It's nice to see our players getting called up for their NT, but on the other hand with so many players being exhausted already I'd rather have them stay home and get in form again. Tomori would definitely deserve a call up, he's outstanding in most games.
These NT games will just make them even more tired, better to get some rest.

Faivre is needed in Januaryyyy

alternative for 2 positions we dont really have any alternatives for
Desperately need some more alternatives for the attack, everyone's dead right now from being overplayed, I hope Faivre deal gets done this time.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So on sunday we smash merda and then we have no game for 2 weeks, should be enough to return all our players expect Maignan no?
doubt it, it went from 4 weeks to 6 weeks and now jumped 12 weeks.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Let's be grateful for Gareth Southgates eyesight.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Seedorf: "Milan must take home the Scudetto and confirm themselves"

:safro::proud:

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Faivre is welcome. With or without Messias back, we're too thin at both AM and RW, which they can both cover.
More than bodies, we are thin on quality on RW. Poses no threat to opponents, so they can simply focus on neutralizing left wing and giroud

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think this was mentioned yet, seems like things are getting serious now.

Populous is heavily favourite but I wish they would take Manica's solution to the San Siro and build it into a plaza and preserve part of the concrete structure. I also liked the fountain but I doubt this one will make to the project.
They will need some extra ideas for the surroundings cause apparently the original project is too solarpunk for the politicians.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope that Brahim's performance against Porto was Covid/rust, because he was awful.

I agree we need help in the CAM spot. Faivre can play both CAM and RW, so he'd be a great player to have. I am curious to see what Messias can do, before I write him off.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Venezia goalkeeper Sergio Romero has discussed playing with AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Manchester United.

The pair spent two seasons together at Old Trafford.

“Ibra is a true champion, for all that this word means," Romero told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“At United we challenged each other in the shots on goal, as well as free-kicks: he always had something right to say to his teammates, to make his mentality understood and conveyed.

“He always told us that the intensity and desire we put into training we'd then find it in the match. One day we even fought a little but afterwards he came to me and said: 'This is what I want from you and from the others, you have South American blood and you understand faster. You will see that at the end of the season we will win something'. He was right."
:LOL::LOL:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fifa has fined the Scottish FA more than £8,000 after fans booed the Israeli national anthem at Hampden Park.
This more of less happens to national anthems at away games... why protect Israel more?

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

You don't think Florenzi, Messias, Samu, Brahim, Ibra, or Rebic wouldn't have been useful against Porto? Samu transformed our game against Verona. Verona who have scored more than anyone since Tudor took over?

One of the things that injuries do, it forces us to play players to the point of exhaustion. Missing our keeper who has improved our attacking play? Tata deserves more credit for his play, but he doesn't distribute the ball well, neither did Donna.

Not being able to rotate Leao out means he was shattered against Porto. We have plenty of attacking talent. We've been without Brahim for weeks, we haven't even been able to see Messias and his impact.

This team is talented, and we have depth, and the quality of the team is showing in these super tough times. That's why we are top of the league. Our quality wasn't the issue against Porto, our injuries, and the refs, were.
Having quality depth means when you are behind or struggling you bring in players that raise the quality of the team and give the other team a different quality dimension to worry about.

What would bringing in Florenzi or Samu for Saelemakers done yesterday for us? Or bringing in Krunic for Diaz which we did? We brought on Florenzi for Saelemakers against Liverpool and his lack of quality was exposed as he even looked worse than a mediocre Saelemakers. Ibra and Diaz played yesterday.

People are in denial about this but in the Champions League you won’t get soft fouls and penalties like we do in Serie A. We need actual quality.

When Diaz is having a bad match his replacement should be someone who makes Liverpool/Atletico/Porto have a big rethink not a mediocre mediocre player like Krunic. Saelemakers isn’t even good enough to start at all for us and we need a mobile striker up front all of which we don’t have

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messias just came to Milan for personalized training???
Its no jk, man... if the pizza is 30mins late it comes out of his wage... gotta a family to support.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
More than bodies, we are thin on quality on RW. Poses no threat to opponents, so they can simply focus on neutralizing left wing and giroud
Yes, obviously. I believe in Saelemaekers' potential, but we can't dick around until he finds himself. He needs rotation and competition. Diaz too.

It will be interesting to see if Florenzi has something more to offer, because I found him very underwhelming before the injury.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FDWNj8CXMAAulRx

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Faivre and Antony are now my dream signings… Faivre for AM and Antony RW… keep Rebic as the starting striker

Maignan

Calabria Kjaer Tomori Theo

Bennacer Adli

Antony Faivre Leao

Rebic

You need skillful, fast players for the CL ..

Posted this earlier in the match thread by mistake
One bad game and suddenly Brahim is shit?

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Florenzi was always going to be underwhelming. I prefer borini for the average Italian that can play multiple positions role.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope that Brahim's performance against Porto was Covid/rust, because he was awful.

I agree we need help in the CAM spot. Faivre can play both CAM and RW, so he'd be a great player to have. I am curious to see what Messias can do, before I write him off.
I think Messias will be our most surprising weapon once he’s fit. We really have no one like him on the right side and he’ll add so much directness and danger. He’s really, really good.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Messias will be our most surprising weapon once he’s fit. We really have no one like him on the right side and he’ll add so much directness and danger. He’s really, really good.
the real surprise will be him finally being fit

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan YouTube just release another Messias video :lol:

This guy has more videos than he does touches of the ball at Milan

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I agree messias has different characteristics, he is unpredictable like leao but with better work rate. Can be soloist and a part of the unit.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Having quality depth means when you are behind or struggling you bring in players that raise the quality of the team and give the other team a different quality dimension to worry about.

What would bringing in Florenzi or Samu for Saelemakers done yesterday for us? Or bringing in Krunic for Diaz which we did? We brought on Florenzi for Saelemakers against Liverpool and his lack of quality was exposed as he even looked worse than a mediocre Saelemakers. Ibra and Diaz played yesterday.

People are in denial about this but in the Champions League you won’t get soft fouls and penalties like we do in Serie A. We need actual quality.

When Diaz is having a bad match his replacement should be someone who makes Liverpool/Atletico/Porto have a big rethink not a mediocre mediocre player like Krunic. Saelemakers isn’t even good enough to start at all for us and we need a mobile striker up front all of which we don’t have
Our first 11 can challenge any team in Europe. I’m honestly not joking. We might not win every game but we will definitely put up a fight against anyone. We also have 5 excellent subs for each game, if everyone is fit. Romagnoli, Tonali, Bakayoko, Messias and Rebic are examples of the kind of substitutions we should be making with a fit squad.

The problem we’re having is we’re constantly having 6+ players out and that means our sub quality drops and we end up burning out our starters so their quality drops too. The squad was built well this season, with probably the exception being another missing body that can rotate AM and RW, as we depended on Messias to do both. We’re also learning that Giroud is not as well suited to playing a counter attacking game. Other than those issues we have an excellent squad for the CL and we’re dominating Serie A.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Messias is unpredictable both on the pitch and as to when we'll actually see him play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule