Week 17: Udinese vs Milan 11/12/2021 20:45 CET

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Is this Ibrahimovic's 300 goal in Italy?

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
come on, with the exception of Baka, this has been our standard lineup for many games
NO, you clearly did not watch our games
Bennacer is not starter. Florenzi is not starter before this match, or before sassuolo match

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
praying these bastards get relegated. Terrible for the league

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Fuck Udinese. Whatever. I'll take the point instead of a loss, I think we should have won this game, but whatever.

Incredible goal from Ibra. Incredible. Maldini was a great presence in the 10 minutes, just by having him not be a child.

I'd rather play Krunic next to Tonali in January than Bakayoko. Honest-to-God.
Tbf, the last time Krunic played as double pivot is a good one

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Another game fucked up by lineup choosen by pioli. Another one!

Whats the game plan? 5 players in front line and just kick it vertically? Ffs

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Awful performance
Since when did we forget vertical passing game and became route one team?
What is Florenzi doing anywhere near this team? He is supposed to be experienced but everything he does is rash…aimless long balls…skyward long range shots…every time

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tbf, the last time Krunic played as double pivot is a good one
He tries hard wherever you play him, but he seems to freak out the closer he is to goal, he looks at his best as a CM, because he has the workrate, toughness, but he is also skillful enough.

It's like players like Theo, are they attacking threats? Sure. But I wouldn't play Theo as a winger. I feel like Krunic does better further back.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Without Rebic and Leao we have zero dynamism to the attack. Messias is somewhat dangerous in 1 v 1 situations and udinese simply triple teamed him because the rest of the supporting attackers provide zero danger.

Brahim has looked like a useless liability for a while now.

Unfortunately it seems that with this group of available players we have no choice but to play a long ball game off of Zlatan.

Milan BG is right about us looking absolutely clueless and aimless in the buildup with very poor shape and the spacing between the 4 main buildup players (Boths cbs and the double pivot) compared to the front 6 is massive. We have to circulate it slowly and then play a very dangerous pass to try to even get the ball to the attacking players.

Boy do we need more dynamic wide attackers and better attacking midfield options, and Pioli needs to sort out this garbage buildup setup.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
No Kjaer, Leao, Rebic, and Cala is not standard
But it has been for us for a while. I understand the blame on Pioli for the starting lineup, but at the same time, you have limited choices. Perhaps it's easier now with no CL so less midweek games and more rest, however we're still having multiple players - starting players too - make dumb mistakes. Shall we blame Pioli that Theo missed a free goal? That Bennacer fucked up on their goal (who is a "starter" btw)?

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Don't understand why people hate on Pioli for rotating an already injury plagued squad.
And even when he played Baka. I mean what people expected? Never playing him and suddenly a starter on January? The one who should taking blame is people who signed Baka at the first place

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bakayoko is simply not a Milan level player. Not even as bench player.

Even freaking napoli didnt want anything to do with his ass

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yes. This is our standard lineup. Without Calabria. And Kjaer. And Leao. And Rebic. And Kessie. And Tonali.

Standard.

No Kjaer, Leao, Rebic, and Cala is not standard
I meant in the circumstances of injuries. Can't blame Pioli for not fielding the ones you've mentioned

NO, you clearly did not watch our games
Bennacer is not starter. Florenzi is not starter before this match, or before sassuolo match
Bennacer has been our starter for 2 years now and should continue to be considered as one alongside Kessie and Tonali. He's hit a rough form, but we need him back. Florezi iirc was used as 1st sub to Calabria before

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
And even when he played Baka. I mean what people expected? Never playing him and suddenly a starter on January? The one who should taking blame is people who signed Baka at the first place
Agreed. Baka and the people who signed Baka.

If you wanna blame Pioli for something, blame him for not being able to integrate Baka better.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since we don't have to rotate as heavily, I want to see Bennacer in front of Kessie and Tonali, Brahim needs to be dropped.

I'd love to see Maldini given more chances, especially in these physical, ugly games. The kid is tough and he's fucking huge for his age. I feel like people forget that his father might have been an elegant defender, he was tough-as-fuck, and also a big boy, himself. Daniel is an inch taller than his dad, and the kid isn't afraid.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Getting eliminated from CL & EL could be a gift for us.
We need to field our best starting 11 each & every game to at least have a go for the title.
All the talk about how Maldini did a great job for the depth while neglecting our RW & AM starters not only proved wrong but we didnt even get that depth.
Most of our suspected shit players turn to be shit , surprise.
Baka & Pellegri are a joke.
Other meh attempt also turn to shit , Diaz & OG.
I would honestly bet on Maldini AM over Diaz from now on.
Or just field Krun or Messias there.
Why not try Ben there with Messais RW ?!
Only new player who is earning his salary is Messias & he missed two months in preparation.
Meanwhile Sale has turn into Samu & Samu worked hard to remain the shit players that he is.

Pioli rotation was a bad mistake tonight.
But at the end its once again in Maldini's hand & whats his ambition.
An AM or a RW could be the difference between a title attempt or a CL spot.
If a CL spot is the target then how can we blame Pioli if he met that target.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Props to Maldini for winning the ball back and starting the counter-attack

We played like shit, really. But somehow we still got 1 point from this real shitty performance.

Very disgusting but this is what we need to win the league.

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't understand why people hate on Pioli for rotating an already injury plagued squad.

its quite easy to understand - there was no reason to rotate so much: for example tonali and kalulu both have not played so much that they couldnt keep playing 1 game a week..

there was no reason to play florenzi who showed absolutely nothing so far! kalulu was far better everytime he was on..

then rotating midfield makes sense: but why play bennacer who hasnt played a lot in recent times together with bakayoko who only played bad each time he came on..

at least play bennacer OR yoko together with tonali for example.. having 2 bad-form MF does us no favour.

we also dont have 2 games a week anymore, what use is resting our better players when it makes us loose / draw games that were perfectly winnable?

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
There was no need to rotate now that we are out of CL.
You dont rotate 100% of your midfield , at least rotate one FFS.
And you rotate when you have depth not shit bench & our bench is shit.
Am a big Pioli fan but tonight he fucked up doing so.
Also i blame him for not benching Diaz.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Literally 3 minutes extra not given to us
We had 90 and couldnt get a shot on goal - ref shouldve put us out of our misery like a lame horse.

Baka and Florenzi need to join Samu in the hopeless and destined to leave shortly camp
Theo and Brahim need to be dropped for a match or two
Bennacer needs to wake the fuck up
Saelemaekers :fp:

I have no issue with Krunic - he won most of his long balls and kept things moving -easy target for abuse but far from a main problem.
Pioli needs to find a solution during winter - we cant continue with having two great combination plays per match and just lumping it up to Ibra the rest of the time.

I would like to put this down to injury and exit from CL. I hope we get healthy and come back stronger soon.
All units of the squad need to do so much better.
Forza Milan

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm a huge Bennacer fan, but the goal was on him, more than anyone, more than Bakayoko, more than anyone. Bakayoko wasn't even expecting the pass, even if, it was a horrible pass that wasn't necessary. Tomori did well to recover, Maignan did amazing to save it initially, and they just got a super lucky bounce.

To be fair, it feels like every lucky bounce is going against us. Beto got a super lucky bounce for their goal, and those lucky bounces always seem to go against us, it's annoying.

I don't see why everyone is hating on Florenzi, his crosses weren't that poor, defensively he was fine, and the one time he got beat, I think Beto was offsides anyway.

Bakayoko seems to be at his best when he just gets to mop up, to add physical steel, but honestly, I would have rather kept Meite from last year than have Bakayoko right now.

Alexis needs to get his shit together. Right now, Messias should be first choice. He is our only RW who does the RW thing. Being an attacking threat. Crossing. Shooting. Just like, y'know, attacking shit. Samu needs to be sold and we bring in another attacking player. Alexis and Messias is fine to end the season, but I want a CAM. Faivre, being the RW/CAM type of player is obviously the hope--and one of the few players we know Maldini is after, and it seems obvious as to why.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Disastrous performance from our attacking dept, even with limited options we should be able to show up here tonight. Not sure who to blame, as they were all equally poor, however we know that Udinese is always a tricky opponent for us. They certainly made life hard for us by defending with 10 men the entire match. I think it is about time that we get out of this crisis, getting injured players back and also no CL/EL should be a massive boost in terms of energy.
I still believe in this squad and the management, we will be able to turn things around. Better days are coming! :devilfir:

Schedule