Epl people are hypocrites. EPL is basically a super league on its own

Football is for the fans they said lol

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Question :

Why anti-SL fan don't protesting the new UCL format change?
UEFA-Champions-League-New-Format.jpg

With this new format, basically england top 6 have locked their qualification for themselves each year in UCL. 2 spot given based on europe coefficient?

They have 6 teams rank in top 15 coefficient rank ffs
It's being proposed for the 2024-2025 season.

There's plenty of time for dialogue and discussion. The ECA will have some say in it.

A major issue with the proposed SL was that not much clarity was provided regarding how it was going to be structured.

Also, the "UEFA is evil" narrative is a bit exaggerated. For instance, with respect to the Manchester City FFP matter, UEFA had actually imposed a ban on the club, only for it to be later overturned (although they had to pay a fine) by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. If anyone is interested, a copy of the 93 page arbitral award is available on the CAS website.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be honest more starter spots could fuck Ligue 1 as the field behind PSG is usually quite unstable, but more places means that the common effort league is divided by more contestants for the rankings.

I could see France and Portugal dropping in and out of top 5 should that happen.
However France definitely has the most potential outside the top 4 at the moment.

Imo healthiest formats where when only champions and cup winners could play each other respectively, but that's not possible in modern football of course.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Forgot where i read that but it goes like : If norwich were to come up to the EPL tomorrow they would earn more than Madrid winning the CL

lol absolutely disgraceful. And those pl fans cried the most
Of course they didnt want the super league sharing the money with other 12 top clubs. They already are in their SL of their own

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY MILAN

We accepted the invitation to participate in the Super League project with the genuine intention to deliver the best possible European competition for football fans around the world and in the best interest of the club and our own fans. Change is not always easy, but evolution is necessary for progress, and the structures of European football have evolved and changed over the decades.

However, the voices and the concerns of fans around the world have clearly been expressed about the Super League, and AC Milan must be sensitive to the voice of those who love this wonderful sport.

We will continue to work hard to deliver a sustainable model for football.

A lawyer wrote this so they can credibly say we never ?officially? left the group, so you can?t sue us for breach of contract. There is not a single mention of Milan leaving. Amazing.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
People that liked the new Super League should enjoy their 3 months aged and artificaly colored Jack Daniels.

Me who likes CL and Seria A will appropritely enjoy my 16 year old Lagavulin

:o

Yea enjoy that 16 year lagavulin watching Milan struggling vs crotone for the next 10 years while ur EPL friends get richer and richer

Football is for the fans

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A lawyer wrote this so they can credibly say we never ?officially? left the group, so you can?t sue us for breach of contract. There is not a single mention of Milan leaving. Amazing.

In our board room, the discussion is probably

"okay this thing is probably going to be dead in the waters, for optics, we need to say some shit to appease our fans before official statement is out. We also don't want to piss off Perez completely...how do we do that?"

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea enjoy that 16 year lagavulin watching Milan struggling vs crotone for the next 10 years while ur EPL friends get richer and richer

Football is for the fans

more like 16 year Taaka vodka :lol::lol::lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forgot where i read that but it goes like : If norwich were to come up to the EPL tomorrow they would earn more than Madrid winning the CL

lol absolutely disgraceful. And those pl fans cried the most
Of course they didnt want the super league sharing the money with other 12 top clubs. They already are in their SL of their own

so yea, it was pure greed for them. Their fans aren't wrong on that account.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

Football is for the fans

And from what I see the fans have been heard :cool:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

hey Slovenian Milanista

I remember being fairly impressed with Milenko Ačimovič. But seems like his career didn't really take off. Would you happen to know how he was for Slovenia/club afterwards?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
The ESL would've saved Milan, in 10 years time we won't be able to outspend Leeds and Crystal Palace, the EPL will become it's own super league.

Dont worry. According to some Milan fans we deserve it.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Im sad for you if you believe that its like saying a politician actually cares for you

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
hey Slovenian Milanista

I remember being fairly impressed with Milenko Ačimovič. But seems like his career didn't really take off. Would you happen to know how he was for Slovenia/club afterwards?

Depends when did you see him? That wonder goal against Shevas Ukraine, where he scored from the middle of the field and took us to the EURO is one of the craziest things in sports I have ever seen.

After his spell at Tottenham he played for Lille and had a good run. From Lille he went to play for Austria Wien where he was one of their best players.

Currently the coach of Slovenian U-21 team. So I guess he had a solid career.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Question :

With this new format, basically england top 6 have locked their qualification for themselves each year in UCL. 2 spot given based on europe coefficient?

Utter bullshit. Agnelli would have been all over this too. He did say last season that essentially it was unfair Atalanta were in the quarter-final of the champions league because because they didnt have the pedigree of other Italian teams.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a good statement from the club that's in line with previous announcements.
No "I'm sorry", no definite no, inconsistencies or pathetic begging for forgiveness. The Super League concept, as presented by Perez, was questionable, but Milan's decision to accept this invitation from the most powerful clubs was perfectly understandable, and the struggle for a sustainable model should continue even if this insurrection didn't have the desired effect.

blacki

Primavera
Reaction score
Question :

we will start soon dont worry

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it seems what happened is the EPL received a new CL format that benefits them more than anyone and then the top 6 held out and probably received a $7B bribe from UEFA to stay in the CL. So, all that happened in the end is the existing Super League (EPL) strengthened its position even further.

But hey at least we “Saved our beautiful, fair, and just game!”

We better win our last 7 fucking matches.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
At the end of the day, it seems what happened is the EPL received a new CL format that benefits them more than anyone and then the top 6 held out and probably received a $7B bribe from UEFA to stay in the CL. So, all that happened in the end is the existing Super League (EPL) strengthened its position even further.

But hey at least we ?Saved our beautiful, fair, and just game!?

We better win our last 7 fucking matches.

Nah bro. The EPL teams heard their fans and pulled out just for them. Football is for the fans

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah bro. The EPL teams heard their fans and pulled out just for them. Football is for the fans

The absolute cheek of it all.

Agnelli: This is an agreement signed and sealed in blood.
EPL: You?re fucking right it is M8
UEFA: Here is $7B for our English friends
EPL: Futbol is for the fans

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
They will deal with greedy epl teams later or at some point in my life:)
Atleast we have football to watch in meantime and not plastic leauge

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
it's a good statement from the club that's in line with previous announcements.
No "i'm sorry", no definite no, inconsistencies or pathetic begging for forgiveness. The super league concept, as presented by perez, was questionable, but milan's decision to accept this invitation from the most powerful clubs was perfectly understandable, and the struggle for a sustainable model should continue even if this insurrection didn't have the desired effect.

100%

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It's a good statement from the club that's in line with previous announcements.
No "I'm sorry", no definite no, inconsistencies or pathetic begging for forgiveness. The Super League concept, as presented by Perez, was questionable, but Milan's decision to accept this invitation from the most powerful clubs was perfectly understandable, and the struggle for a sustainable model should continue even if this insurrection didn't have the desired effect.

:thumbsup:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Question :

A couple extra CL spots for the major leagues would make everyone happy. No reason to wait until 2024-2025 to institute this though.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
People that liked the new Super League should enjoy their 3 months aged and artificaly colored Jack Daniels.

Me who likes CL and Seria A will appropritely enjoy my 16 year old Lagavulin

:o

Uefa orphan... it is better off if you start Monza forum.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
If Juve finishes 5th this season, this would embolden Agnelli even further. Let's do it...

If the losses still mount, I dont see they wouldn't try it again. Remember big picture project months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule