The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Milan?s CEO Ivan Gazidis sent a letter to the Club?s sponsors to explain what the new competition will be about.

?Dear partners, as an important part of the Milan family, I wanted to write to you about the announcement last night (the day before yesterday) on the future of European football.

?Milan are pleased to confirm that they are one of the 12 main European clubs that have come together to create a new midweek competition, the Super League.

?The goal is to create a format in which the best teams compete more regularly, improving the overall quality and intensity of European football.

?We are confident that this new 20-team competition will capture the imaginations of billions of football fans around the world and will represent the beginning of an exciting new chapter in the game of football.

?The football industry, like many others, has recently gone through a period of significant financial instability and hardship, accelerated by the global COVID-19 pandemic.

?The Super League will provide value and support to the entire football pyramid with increased financial resources, significantly increasing solidarity payments to national leagues and grassroots football.

?With also the creation of a corresponding women?s league, which will represent a transformative step forward for women?s football. At the same time as the commitment to create this new European tournament, the founding clubs are also making a long-term commitment to their domestic championships.

?Serie A will remain the most important weekend competition in Italy and Milan are proud to remain an important part of the pinnacle of Italian football. The clubs look forward to holding discussions with FIFA and UEFA and all other football institutions to work together in partnership to provide a structure that will be beneficial to football as a whole.

?This is an exciting time for the Club, for you as our partner and for European football. We look forward to taking this journey with you and we will keep you updated on developments as the project progresses."

Fuck off you cunt

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not about my personal feelings.

I am closely associated to the football industry, and at the moment it appears that this is going to be terrible for the industry as a whole. Almost every industry professional I've interacted with is extremely unhappy with the SL plan.

Only a handful of people are related to these clubs, and professionals (both playing and non-playing) who are associated with mid to lower table clubs even in the top leagues are quite insecure about having to face pay cuts and job losses. Anyhow, things have been bad since Covid happen, SL will in all likelihood will make things even worse.

It's simply annoying to see fans of certain clubs rejoicing because "their" club is going to get richer because of the SL.

How will the SL force them to face pay cuts or job losses? The teams from Serie A expressed that they are still interested in competing in Serie A. And lower tier clubs actually have more chance at European competitions.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Chelsea and Man City are 'wavering' about joining the European Super League, according to a well-placed executive at another club approached to join breakaway league. @guardian_sport

Replace them with SV Waregem and Red Star Belgrado.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
A9603C92-A827-49A4-A92C-EB88381B73D4.jpg

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Bennacer and Calhanoglu have minor ankle injuries, Ibrahimovic and Theo have muscle problem.

When Benna got chopped down last game, I pretty much knew he would struggle to make it for this game.

The rest ... it seems Calha has an ankle bruise/injury every other day. Ibra hasn't played for more than a week, but here we are.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How will the SL force them to face pay cuts or job losses? The teams from Serie A expressed that they are still interested in competing in Serie A. And lower tier clubs actually have more chance at European competitions.

They are afraid that they will become less relevant and all the money will go into SL

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Napoli president De Laurentis denies the Super League rumors: "JP Morgan called me? I was sleeping."

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
@FabrizioRomano
Premier League statement about #SuperLeague
?The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition. Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing?.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Andrea #Pirlo says Andrea #Agnelli spoke to #Juventus players about the #SuperLeague, but insists their target is to qualify for the #ChampionsLeague.

Everyone is talking about ESL, UEFA banning clubs from CL and this cuck is still trying to get in :lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Pirlo: "Super League is a project for the future.?

My love for this man would have immediately returned if he came out against it and stuck it to Agnelli

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
?If Boris Johnson is so minded,? says Geof Walker, ?he only needs to bring forward a short bill banning any football in England other than matches organised by the FA. Such laws are already in place in France and Germany. That would oblige the owners to expatriate their franchises.?

easy!

thank you, uk

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrea #Pirlo says Andrea #Agnelli spoke to #Juventus players about the #SuperLeague, but insists their target is to qualify for the #ChampionsLeague.

Everyone is talking about ESL, UEFA banning clubs from CL and this cuck is still trying to get in :lol:

Yesterday, Perez said that if they are able to reach an agreement with UEFA, they will start August. If not, it can be in a year.

So, I think making the top 4 is still important for us as well. If UEFA won't allow us or Inter or Juve in, I can see a legal battle that will drag in parallel to us participating next year. Either way, still have to reach top 4.

This is why I said a few pages back that I hope the SL plans go ahead now, and we aren't stuck in limbo.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How can they ban anyone before league starts? They need a good reason, intention is not enough

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday, Perez said that if they are able to reach an agreement with UEFA, they will start August. If not, it can be in a year.

So, I think making the top 4 is still important for us as well. If UEFA won't allow us or Inter or Juve in, I can see a legal battle that will drag in parallel to us participating next year. Either way, still have to reach top 4.

This is why I said a few pages back that I hope the SL plans go ahead now, and we aren't stuck in limbo.

CL is important financially if ESL is postponed to 2022 due to any legal issues as you've said.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
?If Boris Johnson is so minded,? says Geof Walker, ?he only needs to bring forward a short bill banning any football in England other than matches organised by the FA. Such laws are already in place in France and Germany. That would oblige the owners to expatriate their franchises.?

easy!

thank you, uk

:star::star:

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
It's likely that the domestic leagues will become less relevant. Consequently, if there's less money in circulation (reduced fan interest, lower broadcasting deals), it is very likely that clubs will cut down on costs. European competitions don't count for much if there's no fan interest. Player salaries are also likely to go down as a result.

Like I mentioned, because of covid, players and other employees of several clubs have been forced to take pay cuts or have been fired, especially people working in operations, stadium management etc., the SL could make things worse for most industry professionals.

The situation is extremely uncertain at this point, and people are simply speculating. It remains to be seen how things pan out. But I don't see many positives for the industry as a whole, apart from "our Milan" possibly becoming a powerhouse again.

You, or other Milan fans may not care about any of this, but the point is that this isn't just about being sentimental, or being afraid of change. Many people could suffer very real losses.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
My love for this man would have immediately returned if he came out against it and stuck it to Agnelli

He was always a full of shit scumbag. You expected an egocentric asshole to not support the Super League? Really the same guy who would have crawled out of a CL winning team to get more glamour at Madrid? That guy? :rolleyes:

P!rl0 fandom is one of the most confusing things in this universe :o

Meanwhile iBra basically said fuck Milan if they join :eek:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Intermezzo on esports

I enjoy playing games,

But the delusion offered by esport is destructive

The number of players who makes it to pro-player tier is very very very small. While the players who tried and never make it are just too many. Also the career of esport pro-players is very very short (3 years and that's it). And those kiddos, who "delay" their education for pursuing esport career is just :fp::fp:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

easy!

thank you, uk

Usually you shouldn't be able to enshrine a monopoly without the monopoly being bound to some protective rules, like being able to sue the FA for approval.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He was always a full of shit scumbag. You expected an egocentric asshole to not support the Super League? Really the same guy who would have crawled out of a CL winning team to get more glamour at Madrid? That guy? :rolleyes:

P!rl0 fandom is one of the most confusing things in this universe :o

Meanwhile iBra basically said fuck Milan if they join
:eek:

Don't blame him.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

easy!

thank you, uk

Yes please. But can UK finally do something right? That would be something.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
De Zerbi (coach Sassuolo): "I would not like to play the match tomorrow because AC Milan is one of the founders of the SuperLeague.“

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson has called an emergency meeting of the Premier League captains to discuss a response to ESL.

I don't expect much from football players, but perhaps for once they'll unite against this atrocious plan.

Clause 6.1.1 of the standard PL contract: "The club shall observe the Rules, all of which (other than the Club Rules) shall take precedence over the Club Rules"

Rules: "the statutes and regulations of FIFA and UEFA the FA Rules the League Rules the Code of Practice and the Club Rules"

If the clubs are considered to be in breach of the contractual terms, would be interesting to see how this develops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule