The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
R&B and their knee jerk reactions :proud:

I'm only hoping that Tomori is literally the second coming of Thiago Silva otherwise the meltdown here is going to be historic :lol:

Tomori is prone to making bad touches, failed controls.
We've already seen it here at times, especially against Red Star. I wonder what the reactions will be when it happens against opponents that can capitalize on it.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
CorSport: Milan have made important steps with Raiola for Brobbey considered as ?New Lukaku? center forward of Ajax who will leave for free in June since the club has failed to change his mind for the renewal. Arsenal, Leipzig and Juve are also interested.

This one is worth keeping an eye on. Hope we'll be able to complete at least one free transfer this summer, whether it's a top player in Thauvin or a top talent in Brobbey.

Our last freebies were Strinic and Pepe Reina. Those were dross.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Corsport is linking us with Brobbey on bosman this summer.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
This one is worth keeping an eye on. Hope we'll be able to complete at least one free transfer this summer, whether it's a top player in Thauvin or a top talent in Brobbey.

Our last freebies were Strinic and Pepe Reina. Those were dross.

hes not really lukaku but more of a wilfried bony
but every topclub already on him for a long time just like how borrusia already got julian rijkhof (ajax) a few weeks ago on a free transfer

milan is always so slow/non existant when it comes to free players
our wage bill is low...and u can see the impact of ibra and v bommel for example

those are the effects of the banter era i think

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
You guys have been talking about the same player for two weeks now.. nonstop.
Imagine how tired we are

Am just gonna leave this one here...

2015: I defend like Nesta & have the touch of Zidane.

CM5MxpDWsAA3cPG

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Who in our current starting XI can play against the likes of Bayern Munich/Man City and win?

Ibra
Leao-X-X
Bennacer-X
Theo-X-Tomori-X
Donarruma

Current Ibra doesnt cut it at that level anymore. To play a mad pressing team like Bayern that presses even in the 90th minute with their CB's at the half way line you need a peak Sheva/Henry type striker that would destroy them once they push up

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Milan does not press that much in attack, most of our pressing happens in midfield.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I kind of disagree with Hakan and Kessie, I don't think they are difference makers or match winners against elite opponents (and I stress, against ELITE opponents). They do not have the potential to win CL trophies in my opinion.

Vulture is right about football IQ on the ball. We need players that are glued to the ball and don't lose it like a Verratti for example, as well as players that don't misplace passes and can carry the ball past a couple of opposing players before connecting a pass like a Kimmich.

I don't think we have that in this squad right now. This squad would not be able to compete in the later stages of the CL and I don't see the potential in some of our players to ever reach that level (including Hakan, Kessie, Calabria, Alessio, Samu, Rebic, etc.)

Agree with you. Our players that could grow to compete with elite teams deep into the CL in my opinion are Donna, Theo (if he sorts out his defensive issues) and the pre injury Bennacer with the trajectory he was on. Need to see more of Tomori or Kalulu to know about them. Kessie still lacks a lot an elite midfielder should have.

All these other players really dont cut it at that level. Calabria plays with heart so if you have a world class first 10 you can have a player like him as the 11th without compromising the team

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
2020 Kjaer was as important for us as Ibra during our streak based on which we extended Pioli's contract and decided to start this 'new project'.

Every game he and Romagnoli played together he was the better defender, by far. Simple as that.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
AC MILAN GENERATE $6M USD IN NEW DIGITAL REVENUE FOLLOWING BINANCE FAN TOKEN LISTING

https://medium.com/chiliz/ac-milan-...lowing-binance-fan-token-listing-ab31deee9207

Seven-time Champions League winners AC Milan listed their $ACM Fan Token on Binance, the world?s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, at 12:00 CET on February 24th, generating over $6M in new digital revenue in a matter of hours.

Casper Stylsvig, Chief Revenue Officer of AC Milan, described the listing as a ?remarkably successful strategic move.?

The listing is the result of a strategic partnership with Chiliz, a fintech blockchain company that provides the biggest sporting and entertainment properties in the world with engagement and monetization opportunities through digital assets called Fan Tokens.

23 major sporting and esports organisations have partnered with Chiliz to launch Fan Tokens on their blockchain-based fan influence and rewards platform Socios.com, including FC Barcelona, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain.

Fan Tokens generated $30M USD in revenue for clubs and partners in 2020, creating a new digital revenue stream and helping sporting organisations overcome the impact of the pandemic. The Fan Token Market cap currently stands at $194M. Many more leading organisations from sports, esports and entertainment are primed to launch Fan Tokens in 2021.

Wow it?s $17 already. Good job 👍🏽
I?ll buy some in the dip.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Ok babe ....

6f512e2523d2e40802396237112d23ff.jpg

Abbas >>> adel

Saw Abbas driving in Bliss once and you know how the traffic gets there so i had the opportunity to shout out his name so excited that i was was so happy to get a reply :proud:

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Same. Regret not getting them when the news was first announced

Only available in Europe it seems. Not listed on the US site. They need to get their act together. Unless Elliot is purposely trying to avoid excessive US crypto regulations? Makes no sense taking crypto-crazy Americans out of your customer base otherwise.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Agree with you. Our players that could grow to compete with elite teams deep into the CL in my opinion are Donna, Theo (if he sorts out his defensive issues) and the pre injury Bennacer with the trajectory he was on. Need to see more of Tomori or Kalulu to know about them. Kessie still lacks a lot an elite midfielder should have.

All these other players really dont cut it at that level. Calabria plays with heart so if you have a world class first 10 you can have a player like him as the 11th without compromising the team
Kessie can become a Dunga or Gilbert Silva. A rock solid general who is a leader. He is good enough technically but mentally he can be really world class.

Theo can become superb but he has a lot to learn, especially in group defence. He is one of the few players who can turn the game on its head. He cam either be a KP Boateng level or Gareth Bale or possibly Maicon.

Bennacer is super, he can become better than veratiy if he tidies his passing.

Hakan can be really good, maybe to the level of Van der Vart or Stankovic. He has shown enough growth to believe that there room for a lot more and every says that his ceiling is high

Leao has a really high ceiling, I think we can all see that.

Donnaruma is already among the best GKs in the world by now. I'd love it if he has a fixed salary to stay forever here. I don't want to worry about GK for a long time

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic to UEFA:

“Maybe I Zlatanised him. Maybe he became like me. He arrived at a Milan where the environment was difficult. If we are where we are now it is thanks to him and the work he has done, he is a great coach. I already knew Pioli because I played against him in Italy. The teams he has had have gone a lot up and down, from top teams to small ones. When he took the team it wasn’t where we are now. If we are where we are now it is thanks to him and the work he has done. Thanks to the way he works, to his mentality. He puts a lot of pressure on the team, he demands a lot, even if it is a young team. Maybe he has more patience than me, but obviously he is more mature and more experienced than I. He is used to working under pressure and has been in situations where the last two or three months he had to fight to stay in Serie A. And this is obviously different since you have to fight to win, but at the same time there is so much pressure because you have a team that is not at the level of the top five where you fight for the title. Instead you fight not to be relegated and play in Serie A. It’s different in terms of pressure but it’s very stressful and you have players with less quality than the big teams. In those situations you have to give something other than what you give in the big teams. This is not easy, but he has the experience and everything he has brought since he arrived has shown with the results we have achieved. Mister Pioli came here and demonstrated with his work that he is a great coach. Now there is no longer any discussion as to whether he is the most suitable for this job.”

“When you play at these levels, at such high levels, there is always the same pressure no matter who you are. If you are here, you are here because you deserve it, you are here because you are good enough. You are not here because someone has to wait for you, you are here to play. I don’t care if you are young or not, I cannot think about the fact that you are young and your time will come. When you play for Milan there is no time, you have to do well now. If I don’t play well, Milan will buy another striker at the next transfer market who will play better than me, that’s why I have to play well and this applies to everyone. We must all be up to it, regardless of whether we are young or mature. Off the pitch it is obviously different, if you are Rafael Leao I speak and treat you in a way. If you are Simon Kjaer, you are more mature, you have children, obviously it is different. But on the pitch they are all the same.”

“When I was young the players close to me were fantastic. When I came to Italy for the first time I had players next to me who saw me as the young kid who brought so much energy and adrenaline. Everyone was great players, they had won important titles, they were stars and they were playing at high levels. At the time if you were considered a great player, you were really a great player and to become one you had to play well and show off for a long time. Today the new generation plays five minutes and there they see them as great players. I’m happy to come from the old school. Social networks have changed everything, today thanks to social media players are seen as champions despite having done little maybe. Before it wasn’t like that. Before you had to achieve this big, for a long time, to be seen as a great player. Today is different. I like the old school more. To be recognised as a great player, you had to show it.”

”On LeBron James, what he does is phenomenal, but I don’t like it when people with some kind of ‘status’ talk about politics. Do what you’re good at. Do what you do. I play football because I’m the best at playing football. I don’t do politics. If I had been a politician, I would have done politics. This is the first mistake famous people make when they feel like they’ve arrived. For me it is better to stay away from these topics, and do what you are in good, otherwise you risk not making a good impression.”

Ibrahimovic to Discovery+:
“When I returned to Milan, the first question they asked me was about the fact was that all the former Rossoneri who returned to the team after a few years never reached the previous standards. They asked me what would be the difference between me and them. The answer is simple, I have never lost my passion for what I do. And when I go out on the pitch, especially since my injury, every time I touch the ball I feel like a kid eating candy for the first time.”

“I am happy and grateful for every time I can wear the shoes from football, take the field, smell the grass, receive the ball and touch it as many times as possible. When I was injured I didn’t touch the ball for many months and I suffered. Imagine: 20 years of a life carried by touching the ball, basically my whole life, then there comes a time when you go from touching the ball every day to not touching it anymore. It wasn’t easy, also because it wasn’t a gradual thing: I touched the ball a lot and every day, then suddenly I couldn’t do it anymore. From there I realised that football is my best friend and that I want to have it by my side for the rest of my life. That’s why I feel this happiness every time I go out on the pitch. I play for Milan, at the highest level. There are many jealous people, many who would like to be in this situation, but not everyone can do it.”

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
But he had the same flaws as today.
So in a way he didnt evolve one bit.

Its true that a a player cant get faster or jump higher with experience.
But good CDs usually develop other skills to compensate like anticipation , composure & positioning and Roma simply didnt do that.

Kess within two years in Milan showed his worth while Roma in six years still didnt so this Kess also used to be shit doesnt mean shit.

I agree. In fact I think that's the issue with Roma, not that he has regressed rather that we've modernized and now he's the odd man out. Same story with Suso and Bonaventura, players that I was keen for Milan to rid themselves of many seasons ago. Not because they weren't good, they simply weren't the right fit for the team we needed to become and were effectively holding us back.

Romagnoli wasn't trash in 2017, he was solid, but Milan was trash.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Abbas >>> adel

Saw Abbas driving in Bliss once and you know how the traffic gets there so i had the opportunity to shout out his name so excited that i was was so happy to get a reply :proud:
He is the same in real life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule