Week 37: Milan vs Cagliari 16/05/2021 20:45 CEST

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
I just want to hear the trash Pioli has to say after this. They should prepare his sack letter no matter what happens. So adamant of his mistakes and never learns..

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I also think romagnoli should have started today

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We can win next weekend. Many of you thought we couldn?t beat Juventus.

But this team?s frailty was on display today. They were nervous. And that can only be fixed by getting over the line or having a player like Ibra help, a player who is breaking down.

A team is nervous with no one in the stands. Maybe they shouldn?t go play in the CL :lol:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

But this team?s frailty was on display today. They were nervous. And that can only be fixed by getting over the line or having a player like Ibra help, a player who is breaking down.

we are the best away team in the league, we can most def win

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
I hope ibra is kicking the shit outta somebody right now lol

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pioli is just another mediocre italian coach. Resumee doesn't lie.

Yet people want him to stay on. There isn?t that much he brings to the table. He isn?t able to adjust the team accordingly either when his plan A is shut.

This is unforgivable coaching to not win this game. Atalanta will not want to lose the next game because they are playing for 2nd place.

Pioli really shit his bed tonight

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

the teams behavior matched the majority of the fans, its not so surprising. as a whole we werent ready to be champions yet.

atalanta will be a true test and one if favorable the most long term satisfying path forward. everyone needs to do their part and show strength. showing weakness surely does no one good.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We will go again next week and I hope we win or other teams drop points but if not I don’t want to see Pioli sitting on the bench next year because I don’t think it’s acceptable to not make top 4 after leading the league around Christmas

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We really need to sort out our psychological issues at San Siro and taking the game to a team it’s getting beyond a joke

mazurxiii

Primavera
Reaction score

Ofc we can. But its very unlikely. Atalanta is just better team with better coach and they are fighting for the best result in their history (2nd place). A lot of ppl forgot, that we play without proper '9' after Zlatan injury. The only positve is that this is away match - statistically we have way bigger chance of winning that than home one this season.

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
A quick question: does Pioli has any grudges with Hauge? Why the hell he doesn't play him when everyone knows he's the right player ?

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
People saying we “don’t deserve” it are clueless

We need the money from Champions League badly to take the next step as a team but also to keep our vital assets.

I am still so stunned

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
It was a very difficult match because Cagliari played without pressure and their plan was easy to execute - park the bus and try to steal a goal on the counter or set pieces.

I don't think Pioli did bad but of course people always want to find a scapegoat just because their blood levels rose a little bit so it's easy to blame the coach. Actually the players felt the pressure the most and you can see how experience and quality is needed in these high pressure games.

I thought Hakan was the worst player until the 70th minute then he stopped trotting and began to compete. The defence was solid and so was Kessie but in general we were not sharp with our passing and Cagliari forced us out to the sides while we did not have a real target man.

Leao looked attentive this time and created se danger on the wings. Rebic is good as a centre forward when you play counter attack, when the team clogs up he has no clue where to go and neither does Leao, the only ones we have on the team who can do this are Ibra and Mandzukic, therefore the only real mistake Pioli did during the match was to wait so long to bring on Mandzukic. The other mistake perhaps was to start Brahim And to not expect Cagliari to reduce the pockets of space. So perhaps the best thing was to start with Mandzu and Rebic or Leao on the wing and then to introduce Brahim when the spaces appear.

His other substitutions were good even though you may not like this player or that. I just think Meite is a crap player but in this tense match maybe he was a safer bet than Tonali. Perhaps Krunic would have been a good option too.
Come on man.... majority of your post is wrong even when you blame Pioli.
Like of course he should play Diaz since he was a main reason for our last two wins.
Diaz had a bad day so that wasnt on Pioli.

But how many time you need to field Samu for him to play like shit.
I do know Samu today during the last minutes did ok compared to his usual shit show but still it doesnt erase that Samu was shit 99% of previous times.
I mean give Hauge some of Samu's playing time ffs.

Ok Hakan didnt have a good game but why taking him off when you bring in Mandz.
I mean you need some creativity to supply your attack.
Hakan despite having a bad game was sending some good crosses & free kick & a player like Mandz have a chance on those.
Then come Mandz on 89min mark ?!!!!!
I mean wtf.

We are talking playing & subs but how about team preparation which is also on Pioli.
I saw a team with no game plan or preparation what so ever.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Keyboard Sacchis are always hilarious

With Ibra injured we don't even have a 10 goals striker

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
Imagine if Atalanta get the first goal in our game against them?

TintedBlondGharial-size_restricted.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they were going to take the next step, this was the game you needed to win. I don’t see them in the top 4 next either if they miss out next weekend. Elliott may just say fuck it and sell. It doesn’t look like a stadium is happening either.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quite honestly I’m still shocked and horrified and what I witnessed tonight

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok so Bennacer seemed like a bad sub, Pioli said he wanted physicality meaning he wasn't tired; but as for Mandzukic he said he was almost not even picked for the squad, he had physical problems.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The absolute REFUSAL to play Hauge is confusing to say the least. It might be a cause for serious concern. I'm not saying that he's Messi....but in such a touch slugfest you need just a little inspiration that you rarely see from anywhere else. Leao was doing his best but we needed more. You can't out-grinta the grinta merchants. Fuck my life :max:

So disappointed in you Pioli

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That fking joke penalty of Cuadrado, fucked this team..

What a disappointment. This should be the night of celebration. But no....

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I also think romagnoli should have started today

Split up the pairing that kept 2 clean sheets in a row one of which came against Juve?? I hereby call you crazy

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How is this even possible.
Juventus always with all the luck off the world when they need to.
And Milan who cannot score in this game.
Unbelievable

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not in the group of people that think Ibra alone is responsible for Milan even being there challenging for a CL spot but today he was sorely missed. Some players were nervous and scared, some couldn't put a foot right. So many technical blunders and shit decisions... It was ridiculous to see. Ibra is still the best chance to win against closed italian defenses and he would take the preassure off but aso scream and bully some of those wussies.

Pioli is to blame for the state this team is going into this match. It's not a different team because it won x Juve and Torino. It has the same shortfalls it had 4 games ago when Lazio trashed this team and since december/january. This team never found his foot again after the injuries. Faced with a very organized and defensively sound Cagliari the team had no ideas.
But I didn't see anything so wrong with the subs today. This is the bench Milan has and it's not very good.

Anyway... This is not over yet.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok so Bennacer seemed like a bad sub, Pioli said he wanted physicality meaning he wasn't tired; but as for Mandzukic he said he was almost not even picked for the squad, he had physical problems.

The manager baffles me Im starting to think he?s pretty substandard

Schedule