The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So your position is that Golden Ball strikers who both had superior technique as well as other skills wouldnt score against subpar opposition because of weak teammates but what did Ibra and Balo do?

Your point is made that we need better quality throughout the team but Piatek needs to do much better as well or we were better off selling him for 50-60 and going with Cutrone.

my point is last night if you just swap piatek with sheva he still probably doesnt score, that was my point.

and piatek is a poacher type so asking him play against 2 defenders with no one making runs around him is stupid.

am i missing something?

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Koumane made Piatek look like world class at Genoa. Of course Piatek gonna suffer if he plays with Samu and Suso behind him. The problem is not the system or Piatek, problem is the players he plays with. :lol: Even Van Basten would fail to score goals if he had Samu next to him instead of Gullit. Even Sheva would fail to score goals if he had fuckin Suso behind him instead of Kaka/Rui Costa.

Once we get Correa, along with Bennacer, Theo and Kessie actually getting to play, and with a bit of time and patience I have no doubt we´ll make this work.

But we still actually need a real trequartista or a player of such quality that we can put him in the ACM role.

Dude people get what you are trying to say but don't exaggerate. Both Sheva and Van Basten were WPOY/Ballon D'or caliber players capable of creating goals all by themselves. Something Piatek cant do and is nowhere near a Ballon D'or or WPOY material even if he achieves 120% of his ceiling

This was Sheva against opposition of the highest quality in case you've forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gprcg0jUdU

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The panel of experts are in full swing. Now it’s a good time to take a break from the forum.

To be fair, the panel of experts and “keyboard Sacchis” were saying how stupid it was for GP to start Borini, Biglia/Hakan, and Samu before the match. Many in this thread mocked them for believing they knew better than GP, and then the match happened... and then the post-match happened in which GP basically said oh fuck these guys suck and this formation won’t work.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
my point is last night if you just swap piatek with sheva he still probably doesnt score, that was my point.

and piatek is a poacher type so asking him play against 2 defenders with no one making runs around him is stupid.

am i missing something?

You missed who Sheva was
Even Chelsea Sheva wouldve more than likely put away the breakaway (Golden Ball Sheva wouldve raced away and slotted or blasted it once he initially controlled) but as I said your point is made ...though the hyperbole isnt helping.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I finally understand why you’re so behind on seeing why Suso shouldn’t be relied upon by a club with our ambitions. You’re over here talking about control, passing, and shooting?! Milan’s issue is that we don’t create good chances for our goalscorers. Thats an issue with the way the team plays, the speed of play, and the movement of its attackers, not one specific players individual qualities.

Suso holds the ball too long, is looking to shoot whenever possible, plays with his head down, and most importantly doesn’t move or run when the ball isn’t nearby. He’s a soloist in an era where teams have to move together and play at pace. He kills attacks when the ball is at his feet, and prevents attacks from developing due to his lack of movement during attacking moves. He won’t play a simple pass and run into space, and its been killing our attack.

Does Suso have better control, passing, and shooting than: Papu Gomez, Illicic, Saponara, R. Alvarez, Cengiz Under, etc... I say yes. But the teams those players played on all outscored Milan last year, even without a “superior” player like Suso.

I’ll put it in easier terms: Suso is Carmelo Anthony. He’s a player from a different era. He’s happier to get his stats than to work for the team.
You seem to think that I disagree with what you are saying.
I don't
I'm saying in the immediate term, whom do we replace him with?
What system should we use to get better results
Not sure why you include me when I have said several pages ago that we should sell Suso given the chance :)

Only way he stays is if nobody wants him and then we obviously have a need to use him. Hopefully not in 4312 though.

Exactly. But the ppl who want to burn it all down have no idea what comes next

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
To be fair, the panel of experts and “keyboard Sacchis” were saying how stupid it was for GP to start Borini, Biglia/Hakan, and Samu before the match. Many in this thread mocked them for believing they knew better than GP, and then the match happened... and then the post-match happened in which GP basically said oh fuck these guys suck and this formation won’t work.

They happened to be right, stop talking like they had some fucking profound insight

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score

You are the man...!!!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
for 4-3-1-2 you need a ss, treq, mid

for 4-3-3 you need a LW, RW, mid

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Again, your troll response doesn't address the question:
REPLACE SUSO WITH WHO?
I'm talking about within the teamsheet of AC Milan.
Who has his close control, passing and shooting ability?

My only point is that as RW Suso is not our problem.
We need a competent LWF in a 4-3-3 or a better SS than Samu in a 4-3-1-2

Do I want Suso replaced? Sure. He's slow and he's inconsistent. He's no world beater, but is useful when used correctly.

I find it hilarious that the named ppl are banding about here to replace Suso (Sushi, Zuzo, Suzu etc) all produce infinitely worse than him!
Then there's the ppl who think that slower and more limited Hakan would suddenly solve our problems at CAM :fp:

you may take my response in whatever way you want, i dont see much trolling there.
point is suso is average but his stats are over other players in the team make him looks ok, problem is ... when you look just on the stats you dont see whole image of suso.
Thing is just because you get some goals and assists make people not think about what team is losing by this player starting same time.
suso is a problem on every position he would be used; i dont make lols over other people names (except who i dont remember like delololu), and i dont have to call who should replace suso because it doesnt matter what i want. I didnt know players like leao, theo, bennacer, krunic even exist ... and yet they ended in acm.

edit: wc playrs - silva, suso, bona. good players - samu, hakan, borini... its last weeks rnb.

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Dude people get what you are trying to say but don't exaggerate. Both Sheva and Van Basten were WPOY/Ballon D'or caliber players capable of creating goals all by themselves. Something Piatek cant do and is nowhere near a Ballon D'or or WPOY material even if he achieves 120% of his ceiling

This was Sheva against opposition of the highest quality in case you've forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gprcg0jUdU

You're taking my words too serious. Chill out. Sometimes you have to over exaggerate just for easier understanding. I know the quality of Sheva and Van Basten.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhh I hope 433 was practiced in the summer at least

Sounds like gross incompetence to switch formations because of one player after one match when you had the entire summer and numerous friendlies to determine that

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
433 was used whole last year
38 serieA + 6 el + coppa games = ~50 by all this players.
gattuso problems were shit wingers and shit FBs... nothing changed ... :|

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
433 was used whole last year
38 serieA + 6 el + coppa games = ~50 by all this players.
gattuso problems were shit wingers and shit FBs... nothing changed ... :|

Something tells me that 433 will be much different from GP's 433

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just a stupid idea to use a 4312 while you dont have the players for it, and even more stupid to play with the wrong players.

Played a whole season 433 with Gattuso, 1 point from CL.
Why just don't strengthen the squad and continue with 433 what everyone is used to play ?
Instead of switching to and old aged tactic

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
EC6MvPbXYAAHE3P.jpg:small

Bend it like Ismaël.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
you may take my response in whatever way you want, i dont see much trolling there.
point is suso is average but his stats are over other players in the team make him looks ok, problem is ... when you look just on the stats you dont see whole image of suso.
Thing is just because you get some goals and assists make people not think about what team is losing by this player starting same time.
suso is a problem on every position he would be used; i dont make lols over other people names (except who i dont remember like delololu), and i dont have to call who should replace suso because it doesnt matter what i want. I didnt know players like leao, theo, bennacer, krunic even exist ... and yet they ended in acm.

edit: wc playrs - silva, suso, bona. good players - samu, hakan, borini... its last weeks rnb.
Hey dru we got a problem...Suso is shit
Ok so what do we do?
dru you don't understand...Sushi IS SHIT
Yeah I go that...so how do we stop dropping points
DRU YOU FUCKIN MORON CAN'T YOU SEE THAT SUSU IS SHITE?
I think I got that bro so how do we solve this?
Bitch Milan is losing points by depending on this amateur :mad:
but
ZUZOOOOO :mad::mad::mad:

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Hey dru we got a problem...Suso is shit
Ok so what do we do?
dru you don't understand...Sushi IS SHIT
Yeah I go that...so how do we stop dropping points
DRU YOU FUCKIN MORON CAN'T YOU SEE THAT SUSU IS SHITE?
I think I got that bro so how do we solve this?
Bitch Milan is losing points by depending on this amateur :mad:
but
ZUZOOOOO :mad::mad::mad:

Dude you are making it like Sushi is the only onewho can score here.

Just put Pacman behind piatek. Bench suso. Let's see what happens. Even piatek wants pacman behind him. Our stubborn coach didnt listen to him.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think mumbojumbo is secretly in love with Suzu. He can't stop talking about him.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Something tells me that 433 will be much different from GP's 433

maybe (i forgot about theo on lb).
leao and theo on the left could make a huge difference but will they start, will they be reliable and stay without injury?
if leao plays then who is back up cf? who would be lw back up? bona, hakan and borini?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just a stupid idea to use a 4312 while you dont have the players for it, and even more stupid to play with the wrong players.

Played a whole season 433 with Gattuso, 1 point from CL.
Why just don't strengthen the squad and continue with 433 what everyone is used to play ?
Instead of switching to and old aged tactic

Because that makes too much sense. We not about that life here fam

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
maybe (i forgot about theo on lb).
leao and theo on the left could make a huge difference but will they start, will they be reliable and stay without injury?
if leao plays then who is back up cf? who would be lw back up? bona, hakan and borini?

I mean Gattuso's 433 was based around defense first and then trying to counter with Suso and Hakan :lol:

I imagine GP's approach will be more possession based

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule