The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kessie is the best PK taker in the squad. Hakan may have the best FK and corners, but not PKs. Thankfully Pioli is coach and not LocalHero though.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Matthaus, freshly selected for best ever XI is displaced by journeyman Klose :lol:

Speaking of best ever XI, who was Italy's only representative?

A joke, really. As someone pointed out, this list must have been made by a millennial. Baggio or Pirlo is another funny one.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
he missed one just recently. He should be more pragmatic when it comes to PKs.

Yea but he missed the back to back one in the same match..imo if you get two pens in the same match then 2 different players should take them

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#ACMilan’s No.9s since Inzaghi’s departure (Serie A):

➤ Pato - 0 goals in 4 games
➤ Matri - 1 in 15
➤ Torres - 1 in 10
➤ Destro - 3 in 15
➤ L. Adriano - 4 in 26
➤ Lapadula - 8 in 27
➤ Silva - 2 in 24
➤ Higuain - 6 in 15
➤ Piatek - 4 in 18
➤ Mandzukic - ?

Pls Mandz break the curse

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
EsGb_gaXYAY1JhS

EsGcARGWMAEUNnk

EsGcA4rW8AA0kSB

EsGcBh6W4AcBeoG

:love:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
@NicoSchira
Renewal trials between Davide #Calabria and #ACMilan . The right-back is due to expire in 2022 and barely earns € 1.1M per season. We think about the extension with adjustment of the engagement a € 1.8 / 2M per year.#calciomercato

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Both. When we need more bodies up front he'll probably play up front with Ibra, most likely replacing the RB, with Saelemaekers playing alone on the flank, so we end up with this:

-------Rebic-Ibra-Mandzukic
Theo--------Hakan---------Saelemaekers
--------Kessie-------Bennacer
-------Romagnoli--Kjaer

This is basically the hammer that we use to bust the heads out of stubborn defensive teams.

I tried to imagine myself in a low block defense against that, trying to figure out which of the three cunts to mark, with Ibra floating around everywhere linking up with everyone, pulling players out of position... Theo and Saelemakers stretching the defense... Bennacer and Kessie cleaning up every clearance...

Man this option when we're desperate will be so much fun to watch.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Manduzkic: I am honored to dress this glorious shirt, I'm ready to fight.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Pioli and Murelli look like the good cop / bad cop combo

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like a pen.

But what was Sottil doing? He abruptly stopped and Diaz ran into him

He was looking for pen
In that replay you can clearly see how he grabs Diaz arms under his elbow and than pulls while he's falling. It's actually very clever because done well it looks like it was Diaz pushing, not Sottil grabbing.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
If Mandzu can play LW like he did for Ladri that would be a HUGE BOOST. That's why Pioli looks so happy.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie is the best PK taker in the squad. Hakan may have the best FK and corners, but not PKs. Thankfully Pioli is coach and not LocalHero though.
I can't remember one bad pk from Calha tho. Whenever he takes a pen he smashes them so well placed in a corner that the gk has no chance.

Kessie I agree, percentage wise he's our best by a margin, but his PKs often really look a tiny bid too soft and not that well placed.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the list doesn't favor defenders much, obviously people like maldin are bigger legends than Pirlo, but as more creative flashy force, I'd agree on these 2. Snejder and JC is laughable though, it's like putting Eusebio and Rui Costa side by side. Oh and Germany :lol: France with Henry over Platini..

Klose is World Cup and German national team record goal scorer, if you focus on the national side he makes sense, not on club level obviously.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't remember one bad pk from Calha tho. Whenever he takes a pen he smashes them so well placed in a corner that the gk has no chance.

Kessie I agree, percentage wise he's our best by a margin, but his PKs often really look a tiny bid too soft and not that well placed.

I had this discussion with Tobinho in the Torino coppa game thread. What Kessie does is he basically looks the goalkeeper in the eyes while he shoots. This is insane technique. He doesn't look at the ball while shooting, and he doesn't use his peripheral vision, he literally looks straight ahead. If he senses the goalkeeper moving, he just strokes the ball the other side. That's why it looks 'weak' and badly placed. It's because he knows the goalkeeper is going the other way.

Ok so I literally went back and saw replays of all his penalties this season. None had a good view of his face as he took them. But then I found this image:

Sampdoria-Milan-Kessie.jpg

Case closed.

I think he has a default option, lets say he plans on going left. He looks at the keeper while he shoots, and if he senses that he's going left then he shifts and just puts the ball on the other side, which is why some of his penalties look badly placed. But to shoot while looking at the keeper, that takes some balls. So he doesn't guess, ever. He's shooting left, if keeper moves left, Kessie goes right. If the keeper stands his ground and waits then there's no chance he can reach the side that Kessie already had in mind since he'll be jumping late.

I'm overthinking this, but it's a really cool detail how he shoots his penalties.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
What's the Croatian word for cunt?
Not picka, more like a cuntish person.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Both. When we need more bodies up front he'll probably play up front with Ibra, most likely replacing the RB, with Saelemaekers playing alone on the flank, so we end up with this:

-------Rebic-Ibra-Mandzukic
Theo--------Hakan---------Saelemaekers
--------Kessie-------Bennacer
-------Romagnoli--Kjaer

This is basically the hammer that we use to bust the heads out of stubborn defensive teams.

Yes. Make sense. We will break a bus. We used to have problems facing a team that parked a bus in our Prime time even with Kaka, Sheva, Inzaghi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule