The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 10:36   #19661
VooDooDoll
))<>((

maybe some epl teams (they like to throw money) or a.madrid (prefer defensive football) would pay more for romag.
selling for below 30 millions looks like bad deal...

Signature

Old 02-03-2021, 10:55   #19662
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

If Romagnoli gets 6m a year then we have a problem. Everyone else in the squad is entitled a big raise too based on relative performance. Laughable request given his last few months.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 02-03-2021, 10:57   #19663
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
maybe some epl teams (they like to throw money) or a.madrid (prefer defensive football) would pay more for romag.
selling for below 30 millions looks like bad deal...
I think a year from his expiry we shouldn't worry too much about getting a high fee. The fact that 40% of anything above 25m is further incentive to not care too much and just try to get him out in the summer before he becomes a serious problem. There's huge demand for his kind of profile, we will have lots of teams knocking on our door for him. Anything around 25m is great, even 20m would be good enough.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:08   #19664
abritcemeng
World Cup Winner

If hakan still injured, Pioli should try Tonali as AM instead of Krunic. Let meite play alongaide president
Old 02-03-2021, 11:11   #19665
VooDooDoll
))<>((

i know but kabak costs 20 millions this days
rugani probably more than 15...
not saying we should keep him...
just sell some fake rumors to media- romag to real for 70 millions
someone may take the bait

Signature

Old 02-03-2021, 11:15   #19666
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Imo if we sell Roma we should use it to fully commit to the harakiri defense. No use in keeping Kjaer in there who had the same problems against Roma that Romagnoli had in previous matches thanks to the defensive situations they are put in.

I can also understand that players like Romagnoli and Hakan want significant raises, they are now age wise starting the prime phase of their careers and of course they want to see that in their accounts. What they can get now will also define their wage level in their early 30s.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:20   #19667
Il grande Milan
Honey, I'm home

Can never see Roma getting 6M. Which self respectable team would cough that up for him... unless he's going to EPL, but then again, Italians in EPL, kinda rare sight. And in general, that actually counts for every other league outside of Italy.

I'm also pretty sure the plan in the long run is to use him as backup CB, which he rightfully is, but will never agree to... so a sale in the end is inevitable.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
anyone that thinks donnarumma will not sign a new contract here is INSANE or MENTALLY ILL
🎵 You say it besssttttt... 🎵

*female background vocals*
... saayy itt bessttt ...

🎵 ...When you say nothing at aaaaallll 🎵
Old 02-03-2021, 11:44   #19668
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Imo if we sell Roma we should use it to fully commit to the harakiri defense. .
I'd like romagnoli to commit some harakiri.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Old 02-03-2021, 11:50   #19669
Chiko
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritcemeng View Post
If hakan still injured, Pioli should try Tonali as AM instead of Krunic. Let meite play alongaide president
No. Why would anyone want to blind themselves. Tonali can?t pass for shit and is horrific under pressure, even Kessie could play the role better than him. Diaz has to start.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:54   #19670
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
I'd like romagnoli to commit some harakiri.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:07   #19671
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Milan have reportedly entered talks with Chelsea over a permanent move for Fikayo Tomori, but hope to lower the price.

The English centre-back impressed with a great performance against Roma on Sunday evening and ********** reports the Rossoneri have already contacted the Blues.

The Diavolo are hoping to lower the price tag in the option to buy the Chelsea loanee, set at ?28m when the youngster arrived in January.

In the coming weeks it will be understood if the Londoners are willing to give Milan a discount, but in the meantime, Pioli can count on the defender for the rest of the season.

The 23-year-old has played four games in Serie A since his move to the fashion capital and has played seven competitive games with the Diavolo across all competitions.
Newspaper senior editor: we have absolutely no insights and knowledge. Will that be a problem?

Newspaper journalist: Absolutely no problem. We'll just write something with lots of if's and when's and call it a day. No one can say we were wrong no matter how things turn out.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:24   #19672
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Ibrahimovic at Sanremo conference:

Quote:
On his participation in Sanremo: “When Amadeus called me I didn’t say no, I said yes. What awaits me? Amadeus told me not to worry and to be calm, I have to be myself. Sure it’s easier to score, I’m in good hands with Amadeus and Fiorello. I don’t know what awaits me, but I’m not worried, if I’m wrong no one can judge me, and if I do well even better, so I’ll have other work when I stop. I’m excited, I don’t know what awaits me. But sure we have fun.”

On the injury: “The program is always the same, I was unlucky, I had a small injury, but I can do everything. The Festival program does not change, I am always available for Amadeus.”

On the controversy with LeBron: “Racism and politics are two different things. We athletes unite the world, politics divides the world. Everyone is welcome, it has nothing to do with where you come from, we do what we do to bring them together. We don’t do other things because we are not good, otherwise I would be in politics. This is my message. Athletes must be athletes, politicians must be politicians.”

On the controversy of attending Sanremo: “I don’t think so much, those who know me know that I am a professional and I don’t have to say that I finish first or last. They have to see me as an example. When I play my football I am very focused on this thing, my goal with Milan is to help. I want to give so much to Italy for what it has given me, for so many years, and not just in football. I got the opportunity to do the Sanremo Festival and they told me that it is the most important thing that there is in Italy, and so I’ll do it.”

On the records: “There is a reason why Amadeus called me: because he wants to break all the records, and I introduce myself.”

On Lukaku being at Sanremo: “I welcome him. There is no personal problem, what you do on the pitch stays on the pitch. If he wants to come, he is welcome.”

On the welcome of Amadeus and Fiorello, two Inter fans: “Without an AC Milan player there is no derby. They repeat that they are Inter fans every five minutes and say they are first in the standings, but for the first six months I have not heard anything.

On the song with Mihajlovic: “I’ll show up on stage, I don’t know how it will go. Let’s hope Mihajlovic doesn’t know how to sing, so we’re on the same level.”

On the program: “I take one day at a time, in my opinion is the best thing. Tonight we do something. I can dance, but I dance better on the pitch. Let’s see what happens. I don’t want to have plans, I have to be Zlatan.”

Amadeus – the organiser of the festival and a life-long Inter fan – spoke about the honour of having the Swede as part of the event: “I am honoured by the presence of Ibrahimovic, he is a champion. The champions belong to everyone. He is in great shape, he is a player who is always better to have with than against. We will meet the man Ibrahimovic, that the Italian public does not know.”

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 02-03-2021, 12:35   #19673
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
No. Why would anyone want to blind themselves. Tonali can?t pass for shit and is horrific under pressure, even Kessie could play the role better than him. Diaz has to start.
Horrific under pressure is a good description.

He would constantly get dispossessed or make bad passes as a CAM

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 12:40   #19674
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Imo if we sell Roma we should use it to fully commit to the harakiri defense. No use in keeping Kjaer in there who had the same problems against Roma that Romagnoli had in previous matches thanks to the defensive situations they are put in.

I can also understand that players like Romagnoli and Hakan want significant raises, they are now age wise starting the prime phase of their careers and of course they want to see that in their accounts. What they can get now will also define their wage level in their early 30s.
It?s also understandable that it?s probably not in the clubs best interest to deal with this.

Donnarumma is a generational talent, has Milan history, and is still young which means a lot of potential. It makes sense that 2 managements so far both chose appeasement.

But Romagnoli is nowhere the same profile. I am against people bashing him and thinking primavera players would be better. But I also think Romagnoli?s improvements so far are average at best.

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 12:42   #19675
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
i know but kabak costs 20 millions this days
rugani probably more than 15...
not saying we should keep him...
just sell some fake rumors to media- romag to real for 70 millions
someone may take the bait
That?s their prices without contract expiring.

Romagnolis contract expires next year and this is possibly the worst time for him to be having a dip in form.

Also, keep in mind of his 6m a year contract demand

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 12:42   #19676
brk
AC Milan Icon

Cassano: “Do you know who told me Tomori was strong? Thiago Silva. I had seen him a few times, he told me “look at Tomori”. He arrived in Italy and has already won a place by taking out the AC Milan captain.”
Old 02-03-2021, 12:52   #19677
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
That?s their prices without contract expiring.

Romagnolis contract expires next year and this is possibly the worst time for him to be having a dip in form.

Also, keep in mind of his 6m a year contract demand
iknow,
and this wage... i doubt its real (last rumors were from december/january i believe) - newspaper giving it at the moment when he get benched?!

Signature

Old 02-03-2021, 12:56   #19678
taura
Attaccareeee

Noone will match Romagnolis wage demands, not even prem clubs imo..thats 125k per week before tax..Van Dijk earns like 170k per week..his wage would be higher then the likes of Ruben Dias, Stones, Walker, Thiago Silva etc..aint nobody paying him that especially how shit he is lately
Old 02-03-2021, 13:00   #19679
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Saelemaekers

Tomori and Roma swap. That way Roma don't get the sell on percentage. I think it's a win win tbh.
Old 02-03-2021, 13:04   #19680
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka06/07 View Post
Tomori and Roma swap. That way Roma don't get the sell on percentage. I think it's a win win tbh.
But swaps dont work like that..both players still have a value and clubs just decide they'll sell the players to eachother at the same price. Good thing is that Tomori is an academy player so his book value is 0, while Romagnoli's value is 25mil/7 years = 3.6mil per year, so with 1 year left on his contract, his book value is 3.6mil.

But I get what you mean, we can exchange both players for any fee between 4mil and 25mil and we dont lose any book value/roma doesnt get a penny.

The issue is that Chelsea has way too many centerbacks, they've got Rudiger, Christensen, Thiago Silva (in talks to extend his contract for another year), Azpi (been playing there a lot lately), Zouma, Sarr out on loan, Guehi (youngster on loan at Swansea, doing pretty well), Ampadu (currently at Sheffield utd), Miazga, Clarke-Salter and potentially Tomori.
Yes the most of the youngsters will be shipped on but currently Rudiger and Christensen really stepped their game up, will Roma really go to a club where he can be the 4th choice behind the former two and Thiago Silva, potentially even Zouma? I dont think so

Last edited by taura; 02-03-2021 at 13:11.
Closed Thread