Get rid of the poll?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I wanna go back and look for our discussions about him back when we were about to sign, cause u were very ignorant about him. Even compared him to duarte at some point :fp:

But am glad u finally seen the light

Lol I'm aware that I called him "Kjaer crash" :-)lol:) several times and wrote him off from the get-go but its understandable given his career trajectory. He's never made a name for himself before and has been a nomad changing clubs every couple of years. Also, more tellingly for me, Gasperini (who I rate extremely highly) kept him on the bench for most of the season and preferred to take a punt on Caldara. Tbh I was more pissed off that we'd given up on yet another young Italian talent who would shine elsewhere (e.g. Cristante/Locatelli) in favour of a has-been. I thought that Paolo had got the raw end of the deal but it looks like the complete opposite happened and Caldara flopped whereas Kjaer was instrumental in us finishing 2nd.

Anyway, like I said before, I'm glad he's proven me wrong and I'd be happy to extend him given his performances on the pitch and influence off it.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Eintracht Frankfurt made an official bid around ?7/8m to sign Jens Petter Hauge. AC Milan want more to sell the Norwegian talent. Talks ongoing. Red circleFlag of Norway #Eintracht

Anything less than 15m is unacceptable, unless there is a relatively low buy back option.

Either way we are going to regret letting Hauge go. Never really got a chance. Saved our ass against Sampdoria in his last game and didn't get another chance. Laughable.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Eintracht Frankfurt made an official bid around ?7/8m to sign Jens Petter Hauge. AC Milan want more to sell the Norwegian talent. Talks ongoing. Red circleFlag of Norway #Eintracht

Double or nothing.

We don't want a repeat of the Silva situation.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Lol I'm aware that I called him "Kjaer crash" :-)lol:) several times and wrote him off from the get-go but its understandable given his career trajectory. He's never made a name for himself before and has been a nomad changing clubs every couple of years. Also, more tellingly for me, Gasperini (who I rate extremely highly) kept him on the bench for most of the season and preferred to take a punt on Caldara. Tbh I was more pissed off that we'd given up on yet another young Italian talent who would shine elsewhere (e.g. Cristante/Locatelli) in favour of a has-been. I thought that Paolo had got the raw end of the deal but it looks like the complete opposite happened and Caldara flopped whereas Kjaer was instrumental in us finishing 2nd.

Anyway, like I said before, I'm glad he's proven me wrong and I'd be happy to extend him given his performances on the pitch and influence off it.

i was also very critical of kjaer first, didn't rate him, and his first games were not really good either, but this man has proven his criticasters wrong and is a true rock in the defense, big up for this guy

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Kjaer made a name for himself at Palermo. Galliani even tried to sign him several times.

He didn't do well at Atalanta because he simply didn't fit the system. Atalanta play with athletic overlapping CBs who constantly runs from box to box. Kjaer isn't that type of player.

Plus, I'm 99.9% sure he was brought in as an emergency signing because Skrtel's move fell through. Atalanta usually do great work with their recruitment, but that move was not well planned.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I was the first one to pledge support for Kjaer & I even spanked sense into you Qaas asking you why support Italy when you have your own Denmark.
Get on board bitches, am driving.

Well me supporting danmark is obvious. Its like international club football fans, they all support big clubs and also their local teams

giphy.gif

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think that?s the opposite Maldini is looking for when it comes to ?stars?, somebody coming off a ?bad? period, whose? top club no longer has use for ( but who obviously still got it) ? Low price, motivated to revive career and prove others wrong, probably willing to lower wages.

But my preference is Sabitzer. To me,Perfect fit.

Tbh that's a risky strategy as Isco would still command a high salary and you don't know if his recent lack of form (just 1 league goal/4 assists in the last 2 seasons) is the beginning of a permanent decline. If that's the case then you're stuck with an expensive flop who's unable to improve the team whereas somebody coming off a hot season is more likely to hit the ground running and make an impact.

I'd be happy with either one of James, Sabitzer or Tadic who have all been in good form lately. People might not be impressed with some of these names but a) they're all much better than Hakan b) they will most likely be sharing the AM spot with Diaz so it's better not to sign a superstar who would only hinder his development.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I was the first one to pledge support for Kjaer & I even spanked sense into you Qaas asking you why support Italy when you have your own Denmark.
Get on board bitches, am driving.
I supported the Kjaer move from day one.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
i was also very critical of kjaer first, didn't rate him, and his first games were not really good either, but this man has proven his criticasters wrong and is a true rock in the defense, big up for this guy

Yeah it's been a strange season with several players (e.g. Kjaer, Kessie + Calabria) proving their doubters wrong. Hoping for the same from Tonali next season.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Berlu should sign Messi then loan him to us while paying his salary.

Thanks grandpa

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Tbh that's a risky strategy as Isco would still command a high salary and you don't know if his recent lack of form (just 1 league goal/4 assists in the last 2 seasons) is the beginning of a permanent decline. If that's the case then you're stuck with an expensive flop who's unable to improve the team whereas somebody coming off a hot season is more likely to hit the ground running and make an impact.

I'd be happy with either one of James, Sabitzer or Tadic who have all been in good form lately. People might not be impressed with some of these names but a) they're all much better than Hakan b) they will most likely be sharing the AM spot with Diaz so it's better not to sign a superstar who would only hinder his development.

Ok. To start, let me say I was not specifically talking about Isco ? but from my observation that it seems Maldini strategy is opposite than what you said when it come to big names (relatively)

Every signing has a potential to flop, the risk is not in what we were discussing (coming off a good or bad season)?it?s in not doing your homework and signing just to sign.
You just made a post on Kjaer proving you wrong. Well Maldini signed Kjaer not only after a bad season but after what some (and you, admittedly) considered a failed career. He did his homework and figured the characteristics this guy has, we need.

Once again, I?m not advocating for Isco at all. Purely talking my thoughts on the topic you initially brought up, strategy.

My choice is Sabitzer, and if we can?t get him I?d even go back to the drawing board and look for someone in that profile who is relatively unknown before I think of James or Isco or Coutinho.

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#ASRoma winger Stephan El Shaarawy is reportedly being investigated for having beaten a thief who was caught trying to steal his Lamborghini.

:lol:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Ok. To start, let me say I was not specifically talking about Isco ? but from my observation that it seems Maldini strategy is opposite than what you said when it come to big names (relatively)

Every signing has a potential to flop, the risk is not in what we were discussing (coming off a good or bad season)?it?s in not doing your homework and signing just to sign.
You just made a post on Kjaer proving you wrong. Well Maldini signed Kjaer not only after a bad season but after what some (and you, admittedly) considered a failed career. He did his homework and figured the characteristics this guy has, we need.

Once again, I?m not advocating for Isco at all. Purely talking my thoughts on the topic you initially brought up, strategy.

My choice is Sabitzer, and if we can?t get him I?d even go back to the drawing board and look for someone in that profile who is relatively unknown before I think of James or Isco or Coutinho.

True...Maldini might've done his homework on Isco (or whoever he decides to sign) despite a bad season and the player might be a runaway success just like Kjaer. However, Mandzukic is an example of where that strategy has completely backfired. Now imagine if Mandzukic had signed for a couple of seasons and we were stuck with his big salary despite zero contribution.

Anyway, the key point is that we have to trust that Maldini and Moncada have done their due diligence and we end up signing somebody who can improve the team from the get-go.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
True...Maldini might've done his homework on Isco (or whoever he decides to sign) despite a bad season and the player might be a runaway success just like Kjaer. However, Mandzukic is an example of where that strategy has completely backfired. Now imagine if Mandzukic had signed for a couple of seasons and we were stuck with his big salary despite zero contribution.

Anyway, the key point is that we have to trust that Maldini and Moncada have done their due diligence and we end up signing somebody who can improve the team from the get-go.

Well, that all in doing his homework. Evaluated the risks, that?s why he has not signed for a couple of seasons and we are not stuck with him.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Donnarumma isnt getting paid anymore at the moment.
That must feel terrible for him

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Well, that all in doing his homework. Evaluated the risks, that?s why he has not signed for a couple of seasons and we are not stuck with him.

Yeah but he still cost us 3.6m gross for a 6 month stay of which he missed 10 games due to injury and contributed 0 goals/0 assists in the 300 mins that he did play aka an expensive flop. It was a bad move.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the most realistic players for Milan for CAM are Ceballos & Isco given the excellent relations with Real.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
More than likely none of the names being linked for CAM will join

Isco is the dumbest name I've heard so far given how the side plays

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

You know a Hauge + cash for Kamada wouldn't be so bad

Would certainly make a certain forum member very happy

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
For the record: There is hardly a human being out there that bleeds more red and black than Gattuso. He's a great Milanista and an even greater human being. I adore Gattuso. For me he's a Milan legend through and through.

But Gattuso as a coach strikes me painfully mediocre and one dimensional. Pioli has not won Scudetto but neither has Sarri who for many people is the closest thing to Sacchis level of football out there. Yet I think the way Pioli made this team smash everything in 2020, how he broke records who were held by the great Milan sides of 1990s and 2000s, and how he managed to keep shit together even through the greatest injury crisis I have ever seen at Milan in the past 20 years - and that with one of the youngest squads in Europe, statistically doomed to fail if you look in Serie As the track record of the past 20 years -, that's the far bigger achievement than everything that Sarri has ever done as a coach in his career, let alone Gattuso.

But Sarri did with Serie A with Juventus in his one year there? And then went on to win EL with Chelsea. I love Pioli but Sarri actually did win silverware including in Europe. That is a much bigger achievement than what Pioli did with us last season even against the odds. I'd argue that I agree with you, if we had won the Scudetto.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that almost all the players Maldini will sign this summer will be ones that we haven't yet mentioned at all.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to think Maldini had a realistic name in mind when he let Kebab walk for free

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Yeah but he still cost us 3.6m gross for a 6 month stay of which he missed 10 games due to injury and contributed 0 goals/0 assists in the 300 mins that he did play aka an expensive flop. It was a bad move.

YES! it was a calculated risk. didn't pan out...we're not stuck with him.

not every move will pan out. it's like asking a GK to never concede...
but the evaluation is made so if the move doesn't work out would only cost X much and we won't be stuck with him...

you want to make a list of players who are costing with similar contribution to the squad?

Conti, Laxalt, Caldara (who you mentioned in your initial animosity about signing Kjaer)... those are worse moves and faaaar more costly than 6months on Mandzukic.
Paid Hefty fees for them, salaries for years close to 0 contribution. very low to no re-sale value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule