The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Let's say we loan out Gabbia next season and redeem Tomori. I think a smart loan signing might be Issa Diop. He's been pushed to the bench. Has a lot of experience for a 24 year old and has room to develop. His value doesn't match his talent.

There is no reason to send Gabbia out. We?ll have 4-5 CBs and he will get enough minutes.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
There is no reason to send Gabbia out. We?ll have 4-5 CBs and he will get enough minutes.

Diop would be an improvement on Gabbia. And Gabbia would develop more with regular game time out on loan. Ideally you don't want your 4th choice being someone without much experience..

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Lautaro and Perisic xrying for a corner :lol: who in the fuck does that

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players

With your logic we should've kept Pobega for first half of season? As he would've got a couple games..WRONG. At Spezia he's been allowed to develop under less pressure and with more game time. When you're 4th choice you get very few chances and are under pressure to perform on those rare chances.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I wouldn't change Barella for Tonali even, let alone Bennacer and Kessie.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
9 assists per season.Sandro Tonali almost got a ballon d’or for his 7 assists at Brescia.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Gabbia is close to the level with Roma and Kjaer. Nothing like “just a 4th choice”

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
With your logic we should've kept Pobega for first half of season? As he would've got a couple games..WRONG. At Spezia he's been allowed to develop under less pressure and with more game time. When you're 4th choice you get very few chances and are under pressure to perform on those rare chances.

Pobega is not Milan level. We need quality technical mids.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Only in vulture world gabbia is on level with Roma and Kjaer just cause he got a couple of semi decent games when one of them was injured, but Tonali is utter garbage

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Going by this season 4th choice gets a lot of run

Plus with Kjaer's age and injuries its important to have 4 strong candidates + Kalulu who can slot in as well

I would keep Gabbia and add Tomori or whoever management deems worthy

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I think Vulture is more reaction to ppl blowing their loads over Tonali prematurely than to the actual player. Some here act like he is already P!rl0 (who was himself comically overrated, but that is another story)....when in fact, Tonsil has quit a long way to go before being considered a world class, elite player like Pirlo.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
I think Vulture is more reaction to ppl blowing their loads over Tonali prematurely than to the actual player. Some here act like he is already P!rl0 (who was himself comically overrated, but that is another story)....when in fact, Tonsil has quit a long way to go before being considered a world class, elite player like Pirlo.

This is accurate

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

i dont see anyone hyping him up to that. the two sides to his debate here has been:

he needs more time vs he has no talent.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the rational take with Tonali is he's a 20 year old learning a difficult position in a new system who has shown moments of brilliance

Anything to the extreme is a bit silly at this point

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem with talking about Hakan's stats before-and-after Ibra is that he was constantly played out-of-position before Ibra came.

He's played without Ibra this season and still done very well, so there's that.

I think De Bruyne is better than Hakan, but I'd say that De Bruyne is the best in the world in his position. Others are Muller, Bruno, Havertz (not this season), but those are the only ones who I think are in his bracket.

I'd personally put Hakan as second behind De Bruyne, penalties are not easy, but, I also think that his penalties over-state his importance. He's a good player, but Hakan is better. Muller does the second-striker/CAM thing better than Hakan, he scores more, but Hakan is a better passer and holds onto the ball better, distributes it better, makes his team tick.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Going by this season 4th choice gets a lot of run

Plus with Kjaer's age and injuries its important to have 4 strong candidates + Kalulu who can slot in as well

I would keep Gabbia and add Tomori or whoever management deems worthy

I agree 4th choice will get games but not as many as he'd get on loan at a team like Benevento. And if we can send him out on loan, he will develop quicker and under less pressure. Plus we can probably get a 4th choice better than him. Like I said someone like Issa Diop. Young, experienced, and enough ability to have his value treble.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem with talking about Hakan's stats before-and-after Ibra is that he was constantly played out-of-position before Ibra came.

He's played without Ibra this season and still done very well, so there's that.

I think De Bruyne is better than Hakan, but I'd say that De Bruyne is the best in the world in his position. Others are Muller, Bruno, Havertz (not this season), but those are the only ones who I think are in his bracket.

I'd personally put Hakan as second behind De Bruyne, penalties are not easy, but, I also think that his penalties over-state his importance. He's a good player, but Hakan is better. Muller does the second-striker/CAM thing better than Hakan, he scores more, but Hakan is a better passer and holds onto the ball better, distributes it better, makes his team tick.

Love Hakan, have been a supporter since he joined the side and I do think he's world class

But its hard to rank him above those guys until he can prove himself a bit in Europe

If he can replicate this production at the highest level then there's no doubt, but its different doing it vs Bayern than it is vs Crotone

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i dont see anyone hyping him up to that. the two sides to his debate here has been:

he needs more time vs he has no talent.

hey, where does that leave me?

i'm "he has talent to become a good player, all rounder ... not suited for this position in this style of football in this formation, DM in an attacking 4231...will do wonders in a typical italian side.

put him in a team that plays possession football. make him the hub in a team that patiently pass right and left waiting for opening. where he'll have all the time on the ball and he'll shine.

will he adapt to this style we play? he'll get better by his standards, but he'll never be give us what a naturally aggressive ball winner, and ball progressor would bring us

Last edited:

chukwuma philip

Primavera
Reaction score
Vultures assessment of Tonali, as of the present is correct, guy hasn't shown much, that being said, different players have different growth trajectory and reaction to change.
Just seems as though Calabria stole his hearthrob from him. Vulture is good people though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule