• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Agree about Romagnoli. I just think he should not sign 5, 6 mln per year deals. As far as Im concerned he can be a Milan rotation cb for life. On normal wages.

Every big team needs 4 good cb's. Thing is, Alesio has is all but is simply - slow. And u cant teach being faster. And in todays calcio times of slow players are over.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Depay in and Hakan out is something I’d approve of

Then we’d either have to keep Brahim or sign someone like Mkhi too

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Luca Marchetti of Sky via Football Italia is reporting that Udinese are planning to reduce the asking price for right winger Rodrigo de Paul who is a top target for AC Milan this summer. The report notes that his club could take 30-35 million euros down from the original asking price of 50 million euros.

Calcio Mercato are reporting that De Paul will almost certainly leave Udinese this summer as he is overdue for a step up despite him being the captain of his side. The winger has not pushed for a move away despite the numerous requests and his high valuation. In Italy, Inter Milan, AC Milan have been keen while Juventus and Napoli have also been watching him. From abroad, Atl?tico Madrid seem very interested in a move whilst Valencia are also in the mix

Theres a lot of interest in hem. Will be diffucult to get him.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool have reportedly been handed a huge transfer boost as AC Milan have made the decision to back out of the running to land Udinese’s Rodrigo de Paul.

According to Il Milanista, Milan chief Paulo Maldini was very interested in a deal for de Paul but has now been forced to withdraw his side from the race due to de Paul’s €40m price tag.

The report claims this has opened the door for Liverpool and Leeds to swoop in whilst the Italian clubs struggle to stump up the funds required.

Lol

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I had that sentiment earlier when someone said people thought we'd end up a selling club, it was clearly never the case. Elliot needed to create a functional, financially stable club that produces and increases its own revenue. Of course the stadium is a large part of that, but removing the best assests in terms of players would only diminish what the squad can do in terms of reaching CL. That is a vicious cycle, if the club were to remain "EL/midtable" level in a time when AC Milan aren't considered a top club, then it only becomes less attractive over time.

Instead, they've had someone who many think poorly of in Gazidis come in and our books look good. Berlusconi funds drying up, a false ownership in debt from Li who lost the club to a hedge fund... and yet said hedgefund have us in the best spot we've been in for a very long time. Investment has been made into the squad and primavera, into social media and technology, even sponsors now are frequent news that we see partnerships forming, and then the stadium plans whenever that comes to fruition. We've a very bright future ahead, one that will look attractive albeit at a high price. With a solid project in place, it'd only be right for Elliot to sell to someone who will further that value and move the club forward instead of flip the club for profit.

What we need to keep in mind too is that usually, or at least as far as I picture it, a new ownership would want to bring its own people they trust to manage the club in a way they find most appropriate and right.

The thing is that right now I'm very happy with our top management as it is. So many calls they made are currently paying out. They seem to have found a very healthy base of mutual understanding after three years of "storming and forming".

So whoever comes next... Will they change up again what's currently working so wonderfully? Or will they simply put the money and continue with current top management? We can impossibly know yet. That's why I'm simply so happy right now with Elliott.

And I haven't even begun about how comfortable I feel with them in these days with Covid Pandemic hitting football clubs hard but seemingly not us because we have a financially potent owner. Meanwhile, look at Juve, Inter, Real, Barca and and and...

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Liverpool have reportedly been handed a huge transfer boost as AC Milan have made the decision to back out of the running to land Udinese?s Rodrigo de Paul.

According to Il Milanista, Milan chief Paulo Maldini was very interested in a deal for de Paul but has now been forced to withdraw his side from the race due to de Paul?s ?40m price tag.

The report claims this has opened the door for Liverpool and Leeds to swoop in whilst the Italian clubs struggle to stump up the funds required.

Lol

good, he is way too expensive

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Being linked with an AM maybe means Hakan really is leaving

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool have reportedly been handed a huge transfer boost as AC Milan have made the decision to back out of the running to land Udinese?s Rodrigo de Paul.

According to Il Milanista, Milan chief Paulo Maldini was very interested in a deal for de Paul but has now been forced to withdraw his side from the race due to de Paul?s ?40m price tag.

Lol
Rodrido de Paul is good, but not 40M good IMO. 30M is what I'd feel is much more fair (I was also one of those saying 20M, maybe 25M if I'm being generous is what I think is a fair price for Tonali when a lot of people was angry that Inter was seemingly going on to pay "only" 30-35M for him).

This somehow brings me back to the SL discussion. To the irony of it all. Small clubs acting all mad, angry and furious against the big clubs who wanted to form the SL to find a way of more sustainability in a world where players fees, wages and agents commission demands are getting out of hand.

But then, when the big clubs come and ask for their starlets like the Rodrigo De Paul, Vlahovic or Maksimovic, they bluntly are like:

"Yeah how about something in the range of 40M to 60M?"

I know it's a far stretched comparison, but there were days not too long ago where this kind of money brought you players like Kaka, Zidane, Nesta or Rui Costa. Now you need that to pay De Paul and Andre Silva. Fuck me is this fucked up. IMO the small clubs are equally part of this problem as the average fans who put a lot of pressure on the big clubs to buy them new shiny hyped-up toys each transfer session and as said big clubs irresponsible enough to pay those sums.

I'm glad we don't seem to be part of those irresponsible big clubs.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

What we need to keep in mind too is that usually, or at least as far as I picture it, a new ownership would want to bring its own people they trust to manage the club in a way they find most appropriate and right.

The thing is that right now I'm very happy with our top management as it is. So many calls they made are currently paying out. They seem to have found a very healthy base of mutual understanding after three years of "storming and forming".

So whoever comes next... Will they change up again what's currently working so wonderfully? Or will they simply put the money and continue with current top management? We can impossibly know yet. That's why I'm simply so happy right now with Elliott.

And I haven't even begun about how comfortable I feel with them in these days with Covid Pandemic hitting football clubs hard but seemingly not us because we have a financially potent owner. Meanwhile, look at Juve, Inter, Real, Barca and and and...

Hit the nail on the head. We're working so well as a club currently, with the third youngest squad in Europe, and look to have a great future both financially and footballing-wise ahead. If that ends up working the way the project is aiming toward, I don't see why anyone coming in would want to shake that up other than for their own ego thinking they can do better.

As of now, I hope Gordon himself (and Elliot) sees this as a pet project for the medium-long term future as we expect and then maybe decides to hold on.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In Serie A
Mkhitaryan- 11g & 11a in 32 appearances
Calhanoglu- 4g & 10a in 31 appearances

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Why do people need to under value our players if they decided to leave ?
Donna is a top gk & Hakan is a good AM.
If they wanna go then fuck them but that doesnt mean they were meh.
Donna is Donna & Hakan was a pivotal piece of our amazing title charge.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Three years ago many feared Elliott to dismantle the team. A fear I never shared. It was always clear that Elliott needs us to do good and us get back to the top in order to sell us for big money.

What I do fear tho is what comes after Elliott. I'm very happy and have always been from day one that Gazidis never fooled the fans and always said that the way back to success must be a sustainable one and therefore will take time and patience.

Now imagine the next owner being a Yonghong Li type of maniac, entrusting imbeciles like Fassobelli with a shit ton of money to overhaul the team but instead letting them manage us in a new crisis...
If we have an extremely well oiled machine in place with the most beautiful of all idols as director, a new owner would be foolish to get rid of that.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You can find players for cheaper that perform the same or better.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Upset at having Saelemaekers but doesn't mention Samu?

Forgets we have been a circus club for the last 8 years minimum and only now turning a corner the last two seasons?
He was talking about actual football players & Samu isnt.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Its really bad to loose Hakan on 0€. And Im not a fan.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You can find players for cheaper that perform the same or better.
Thats a general statement.
He is no Messi & of course with strong scouting he can be replaced for half the price/wage.
But that include 99% of football players all over the world.
I just dont like people undermining Donna & Hakan as players simply because they are leaving or acting like pricks.

With that said , i want Donna gone & if Hakan is indeed contacting Juve then fuck him too.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Hakan is good player .If he choose money that is okay. We are the future, not Inter ,not Juve and not Roma.
Inter have financial difficulties ,Juve also have financial difficulties + novice coach,which certainly will not be next season with them. 31milion player doesn't help either. Juve needs total rebuilding from defence and especially midfield. From Pogba Pirlo Marchisio ,they now have Betancur, Rabiot,Mcaney, Ramsey.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Thats a general statement.
He is no Messi & of course with strong scouting he can be replaced for half the price/wage.
But that include 99% of football players all over the world.
I just dont like people undermining Donna & Hakan as players simply because they are leaving or acting like pricks.

With that said , i want Donna gone & if Hakan is indeed contacting Juve then fuck him too.

LOL. Didn't see that last sentence coming.

My estimation of Hakan is nothing recent tho. I hated him until he started performing with Pioli, and felt my suspicions confirmed after he regressed back to mediocrity after injuries and COVID.

His proposed new wage doesn't irritate me as much as Donnas, but it's still not warranted. If he delivers in the CL next season it is.

I hope Kessie just walks into Milanello and signs his contract before the game and shames those two like they deserve.

Last edited:

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

:thumbsup::star:

+1000

Its so childish when people do that. If they want to leave I would hate to see that but there is no need for undervaluing bullshit

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I truly believe that Milan will qualify for CL even before playing their own game on Sunday.

And then they will go on to win both the remaining matches to finish 2nd on the table.

Sent from my CPH1861 using Tapatalk

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I truly believe that Milan will qualify for CL even before playing their own game on Sunday.

And then they will go on to win both the remaining matches to finish 2nd on the table.

Sent from my CPH1861 using Tapatalk

My man

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they mess up, will be such a disappointment. Anything can happen.
But I will believe in the team

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Romagnoli could have easily left three years ago when we already seemed like a sinking ship despite not knowing yet that Yonghong Li's default was about to happen. If I remember correctly he was very strongly linked to ManU or even Real or sth like that.

He didn't. He put his signature on a contract that is not even that magistral and showed loyalty in a world where you can't expect loyalty from football players anymore.

He'll always have a place in my heart, no matter if he stays, renews or goes. But he deserves to stay and enjoy CL with the team he once renewed with knowing he could have walked away and getting to play CL way sooner IMO. He may not have developed into the next Nesta like we all hoped he would but when we the fans get ridicolously mad at players like Donna or Calha for not showing at least some shreds of loyalty what are we then when we turn our backs so easily and maliciously towards players with the history with our club like Romag?

:star::star::star::star::star: :thumbsup:
Loyalty is in such short supply these days

Also ALL of our defenders have their +/-
Kjaer is probably the most complete but he isn't fast
Tomori is great physically but he can make his share of mistakes.

Roma is a fine player (no homo). He might not be world class but he's damn good....and he's good enough to start when someone else is injured or fucking up.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Since how long you kept this inside of you ?

It really bugs me man.
Tell me you can't see him coming back and doing majestically well.
Anything Belotti can do he can do and more.
Plus he's taller, stronger and a better dribbler.

Don't fuck with me Wild, I wished R9 into Milan :D

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Romagnoli could have easily left three years ago when we already seemed like a sinking ship despite not knowing yet that Yonghong Li's default was about to happen. If I remember correctly he was very strongly linked to ManU or even Real or sth like that.

He didn't. He put his signature on a contract that is not even that magistral and showed loyalty in a world where you can't expect loyalty from football players anymore.

He'll always have a place in my heart, no matter if he stays, renews or goes. But he deserves to stay and enjoy CL with the team he once renewed with knowing he could have walked away and getting to play CL way sooner IMO. He may not have developed into the next Nesta like we all hoped he would but when we the fans get ridicolously mad at players like Donna or Calha for not showing at least some shreds of loyalty what are we then when we turn our backs so easily and maliciously towards players with the history with our club like Romag?

He can stay, but he must agree to our wage structure and the fact that he's not a guaranteed starter. I've always said that I'm ok with him, but as a rotational player.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
It really bugs me man.
Tell me you can't see him coming back and doing majestically well.
Anything Belotti can do he can do and more.
Plus he's taller, stronger and a better dribbler.

his judgement is compromised, his homosexual attraction to a.silva has caused this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule