Europa League Round Of 16: Man United - Milan 11/03/2021 18:55 CET

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
definitely not as much as samu

To me much of Samu's running is for the coach's eye and not that effective. You look at the stats at the end and you are like yeah he put in a shift.

Watching the match - he doesnt really win the ball or affect how the opposition moves it. He doesnt really run to open up channels and disrupt the defense. Offensively he just checks back and if lucky puts in a late cross.

IMO he is the king of looking busy but producing little, Saelemakers actually breaks up play and wins possession, he may not carry the ball forward but he looks to play a positive pass and continues forward to open up play. He is rightfully ahead of Samu.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I think it's Krunic as left-midfielder and Diaz as second striker.
Same as the Lille home game.

It failed miserably in that half against a defensively strong Lille who bullied Diaz and pressured Krunic into making bad passes and bad touches.

I think I'd go with the same AM trio from the Verona game. They'll give the ball away too, but Samu is a better ball-winner and defender than Diaz and more press resistant than Krunic on the flanks.
On the other hand, Diaz might be the big counter threat that we need to fill in for Theo and Rebic.

They actually bullied Tonali...

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I think Samu would be more useful in this game than sale... We are playing with a B squad, away, against another giant in football, it's not like we're going there to attack. We gonna play for the 0 and try to steal our goal by a set piece or a counter. We need workers and runners.

Saele links better with Calabria and is very much an industrial worker on the pitch.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
To me much of Samu's running is for the coach's eye and not that effective. You look at the stats at the end and you are like yeah he put in a shift.

Watching the match - he doesnt really win the ball or affect how the opposition moves it. He doesnt really run to open up channels and disrupt the defense. Offensively he just checks back and if lucky puts in a late cross.

IMO he is the king of looking busy but producing little, Saelemakers actually breaks up play and wins possession, he may not carry the ball forward but he looks to play a positive pass and continues forward to open up play. He is rightfully ahead of Samu.

Very precise post.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

:thumbsup: Approved

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Agree about their offensive but not defensive contributions.
Samu recovers a lot of balls in the final third. He tackles, he presses, he intercepts passes.
But he's too cautious and regressive with possession - very defensive minded even in off-ball movement. He often acts like he's just trying to waste time and prevent more goals happening in the game. That's great to see at 90+4 mins when we have a result to protect, but not so much early in the game.

Saele is much more progressive. He takes risks and releases the ball quicker, he tries difficult moves, tries to be all over the pitch and like you said he continues forward to open up play after making a progressive pass.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I think Samu would be more useful in this game than sale... We are playing with a B squad, away, against another giant in football, it's not like we're going there to attack. We gonna play for the 0 and try to steal our goal by a set piece or a counter. We need workers and runners.

Samu over Diaz since defensive considerations should come first. Saele is a starter when fit for me. Regardless of form.

I don't want to see too many changes in the team from Hellas game for this one other than maybe kjaer starting.

Leao is starting because circumstances are not ideal but I'll be super annoyed if he passengers this.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Love this tie, really sucks we're missing so many key players.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
I would be celebrating?

1f7e9e5a5977652e94c1c0301a90279312-meghan-harry-oprah-5_1_11.jpg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In Kessie we trust.

Almost half the first team are players on loan. Dalot, Tomori, Tonali and Diaz.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
me in five hours opening bottle of alcohol

tenor.gif

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
So who will be our kaka this time?
Ricardo izecson dos santos meite
Or
Ricado krunic?

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Samu and useful in the same sentence :fp:

and Salad runs more and is not as weak as a 13 year old girl like Samu is

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Looking forward to this

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Stoked as fuck.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Dai dai Samu

Bravo ante Bravo

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Pioli needs to show us his most defensive tactic.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Who has returned from injury for this game?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
United fans are arrogantly almost sure they ll trash us... lets show them how dead wrong they were

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
where is that manutd fan guy

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
yea ? ur bald aswell?

Shaved his head and scarified the hairs in a summoning ritual so Milan can win tonight. What exactly have you done to help this cause?

Schedule