The Rumour Commode XXXII: Raw Dog Era

Get rid of the poll?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, no... no injury wotsoever. congo told us why Tonali is sidelined... clubs use these tricks all the time to get out of contractual obligations.

That could be the case, but Tonali is yet another player with recurring muscle issues that has lead to him going in and out of the group training for months.

Also, it's not like he deserves to be a starter when fit. Meite has outperformed him.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I know you're not being serious, but really it depends on what your criteria for success is.

A few days ago I half-joked that for management points tally will be one of the deciding factors in whether or not to keep Pioli. Let's say, God forbid, we lose to Atalanta...that means we will still have managed 76 points, which has been more than enough in the past to seal your place in the CL. Add to that how the team has played for long stretches of the season, the big teams we swept aside, the coach's rapport with his players, the harmony within the squad, the cost of keeping him on the books, injuries/covid factor etc. all of this outweighs almost any other criticism you, Vulture, beegees, or JacksonReality have.

Your vision for the team will never be Elliott's. It's a different approach entirely, one that sets incremental growth as a target, and welcomes exponential one as a welcome possibility.

Not to make the CL will be a massive disappointment. Don't get me wrong. I may have to retire into the hills for a couple of days, so that I can recalibrate myself. But management will likely see only improvement, and this will piss off posters like you even more.

Dude I am happy with Pioli. In fact in multiple occasions I sent DM to Paolo Maldini instagram, I asked him to please build a statue for Pioli. Leave me out from your negativity please.

I am happy that we have secured the Europa League qualification and I hope Pioli the goat stayed here for at least 30 years.
#positivethought

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
@Goodfella

Not gonna sit here and say Tonali has had the same impact as Barella when he 1st joined inter or Chiesa at juve this season.

But in my heart I know pioli is the wrong manager for Tonali. Sarri wud make good use of him.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diaz was available when Pioli decided to field Krunic from the start (or bench) and his reason was ?Krunic is more physical?. He also fielded Meite AM for physicality but it never worked.

Only recently he realized that Diaz has to play because he is a better player than them.

He fielded Meite as CAM once, for 45 mins. It was just an experiment against Atalanta that failed and was never attempted again.

Krunic rarely gets the nod over Diaz as CAM.
Pioli prefers to deploy him as wide midfielder(LM) to allow Diaz to stay closer to the box, where he's at his best.
But I would argue that the Cagliari game would've gone better with someone like Krunic in Diazs' spot - someone who starts off-ball runs from deep and attacks crosses.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Diaz was available when Pioli decided to field Krunic from the start (or bench) and his reason was ?Krunic is more physical?. He also fielded Meite AM for physicality but it never worked.

Only recently he realized that Diaz has to play because he is a better player than them.

He fielded Meite as CAM once, for 45 mins. It was just an experiment against Atalanta that failed and was never attempted again.

Krunic rarely gets the nod over Diaz as CAM.
Pioli prefers to deploy him as wide midfielder(LM) to allow Diaz to stay closer to the box, where he's at his best.
But I would argue that the Cagliari game would've gone better with someone like Krunic in Diazs' spot - someone who starts run from deep and attacks crosses.

Yes Krunic played a lot in AM role too.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes Krunic played a lot in AM role too.

Name a game that we didn't win where Krunic started as CAM instead of an available Diaz.

I think Pioli got the balance wrong against Napoli and Sampdoria but he was LM in those games.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This Helga business... I dont think its a problem with just pioli but with rest of the players also.

I dont remember wot game, but this 1 time the guy was playing and none of the players were passing to him... I think I remember even Kessie blanking him.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This Helga business... I dont think its a problem with just pioli but with rest of the players also.

I dont remember wot game, but this 1 time the guy was playing and none of the players were passing to him... I think I remember even Kessie blanking him.

I think Kessie is the only one that doesn't have "favorites" when it comes to passes. I don't remember him being among those who ignored Hauge's runs.

Hakan treated him as an obstacle. But to be fair, Hauge seemed to have no idea where he's supposed to be - they were stepping on eachother's toes.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Name a game that we didn't win where Krunic started as CAM instead of an available Diaz.

I think Pioli got the balance wrong against Napoli and Sampdoria but he was LM in those games.

66448A84-8309-4D69-BAC8-07C0064ED77C.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait what ?!!!
Are you trolling with question ?

No, I'm serious.

It's one thing to be critical or skeptical of Pioli's work. I've questioned many of Pioli's decisions myself. Heck, I've typed walls of text on how I think we could avoid some of the recurring issues in big games and home games against parked buses.
But given how angry MilanBG is at Pioli, and how he even wanted him to be fired immediately before the Juve game, I'm assuming he has solutions that he's refusing to share with us. Solutions that are so obvious that Pioli is an idiot that deserves a kick in the face for not seeing or implementing them.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Diaz worked in two out of 3 games where he was fielded in a distinctively not physical role, last game again he wasn't exactly great.
In a somewhat physical - position true role he isn't great and I can understand if he goes for Krunic.
Both are incomplete players at the end of the day. I also don't see it as a given that Diaz is a better player than Krunic, maybe, but it is not like there is that much between the two currently.
Diaz is easier on the eye style wise, but both turn out a lot of invisible games and both score a surprise goal now and then.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Lol at the conspiracy as if Bolognegese had a chance against juve to begin with.

Ask yourself why your fave team lost points to cagliaria

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Lol at the conspiracy as if Bolognegese had a chance against juve to begin with.

Ask yourself why your fave team lost points to cagliaria

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
No, I'm serious.

It's one thing to be critical or skeptical of Pioli's work. I've questioned many of Pioli's decisions myself. Heck, I've typed walls of text on how I think we could avoid some of the recurring issues in big games and home games against parked buses.
But given how angry MilanBG is at Pioli, and how he even wanted him to be fired immediately before the Juve game, I'm assuming he has solutions that he's refusing to share with us. Solutions that are so obvious that Pioli is an idiot that deserves a kick in the face for not seeing or implementing them.
Yeah am not arguing with you about all of those.
But you made it like the coach's job is simply selecting the best players & assign their roles.
Pioli usually field the best possible starters & used to make decent subs.
But coaching is much more than.
Am talking team preparation , attitude , personality , tactics , motivation etc
Those are much more important than choosing formation & starters.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Yeah am not arguing with you about all of those.
But you made it like the coach's job is simply selecting the best players & assign their roles.
Pioli usually field the best possible starters & used to make decent subs.
But coaching is much more than.
Am talking team preparation , attitude , personality , tactics , motivation etc
Those are much more important than choosing formation & starters.

:thumbsup: This is what Pioli lacks.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is what Pioli lacks.
Well let's wait for Sunday. This team has been deemed dead many many times before this season but it always found a way to bounce back. Most recently against Juve in their own stadium.

"But Juve is trash and coached by a noob!"

Yeah that didn't seem to stop people beforehand to bring up how invincible they are in their own stadium, how we have never won against them there, how Pioli has a miserable track record and how badly we played before and how impossible it will be for us to stop their wingers from scoring. And yet we trashed them 3:0.

On our day, we can beat anyone, Atalanta included, 100% convinced. Let's see what happens on Sunday night.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Kessie is the only one that doesn't have "favorites" when it comes to passes. I don't remember him being among those who ignored Hauge's runs.

Hakan treated him as an obstacle. But to be fair, Hauge seemed to have no idea where he's supposed to be - they were stepping on eachother's toes.

Cud be, cud be. I dont remember exactly but there was a group that didnt pass even when Helga was free in open space to run. I remember thinking of the group who didnt pass that they're not of a level themselves to be doing this shit on the pitch.

Shitty little players like hakan and co blanking... not right.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Re: Gattuso with this squad would do better than Pioli.

Only two weeks ago he and his Napoli drew Cagliari at home too.

So...

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
For Milan to beat Atalanta, our midfield and fullbacks need to be in top form.

Remember the last game? They did not let us play.

We missed Bennacer, now he can be important for this type of game. We need somebody to move the ball well in midfield and link with the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule