The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donna knew that he will be 2nd choice gk before he signed the contract. He doesn't have much of a choice because clubs that can afford his salary during the convid already has very good gk. Only PSG has the money to throw around and Navas wont be there for long. He joined for the money!

The rest are just journalist trying to sensationalise the situation. If Juve can afford his salary despite have Perin and Szczensy they would have done so with free transfer last summer.

Raiola has ruined many young player's careers. He gets his clients to only focus on the money & not the project or development.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Waiting for Local to be unbanned

giphy.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
why would a player reject PSG?

When a player loves this club and wants to remain here for their entire career even are willing to take a pay cut, just to stay here.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Salary cap = Opex
New Purchases = Capex

IMO, What Milan doesn't have is the luxury of capital investment for a single player.

Oh I see,you're right,I agree.Obviously because our current revenue didn't allow us to do that..:(

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Does anyone have what our player salaries were like in 2003, 2005 and 2007? Even 2010 I guess.

Would be good to compare it to what it is now and see what people like Pirlo, Seedorf, the defence were on.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Yup I agree.In this case many pundit seems to overrate Raiola ability.I mean yes he's a powerful agent but not that super powerful,not against PSG.Who did Raiola think he is,Don Corleone?:lol::lol::lol:

Raiola actually has very little power. He only gets power if you allow his clients to run down their contracts. As a club if Raiolas client has 3, 4 or 5 years on their contract he has 0 power. Never let his clients start the season with 2 years left on their contract. Renew, sell or stands permanently for 2 years minimum

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
why would a player reject PSG?

Because their whole organization from top to bottom is a dumpster fire?

The atmosphere there is horrible. You can see that with Mbape, Snake, every coach there has a horrible time...

The only thing they have going for them is money.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma feels 'sad' and 'lonely' in Paris, report Corriere dello Sport today.

Sad boi Donnamooja, we need an emo photoshop for him.

Feeling lonely with 10 m in the bank

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan ended the 2020/21 budget with losses of €96.4M. The board approved the accounts of last season, which therefore closed with losses halved compared to the 2019/20 financial year (€194.6M)
Over €70M have been invested in the transfer market, while there are no debts owed by the club to the banking system
[@CalcioFinanza]

good job

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Maldini masterclass:

Trims down our wage bill = gets 2nd in Serie A

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Does anyone have what our player salaries were like in 2003, 2005 and 2007? Even 2010 I guess.

Would be good to compare it to what it is now and see what people like Pirlo, Seedorf, the defence were on.

In 2007 Kaka was on 6, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Pirlo, Pippo, Ronaldo all on 4, Maldini on 2

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ounas has tools to become a real good winger or SS

Been a great super sub for Napoli so far, can see why we wanted him ahead of Messias and why Spalletti wanted to keep him

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Why would PSG give a damn what Raiola and Donnarumma want? They signed him just a few months ago and gave them a good wage + commission. They can do whatever they want until summer of 2026. Raiola has zero leverage to demand anything right now. PSG did not sign him just because it was an amazing opportunity to flip him and sell right away for 30-40 m. They signed him as a long-term investment and won't bend to this pathetic Juventus who will/may miss out on top 4.

And PSG don't even need money. I mean, they turned down 200 m for a player who is out of contract in 9 months. They don't give a damn if they will have to pay Donnarumma's wage or not.

He is stuck there at least till the end of the season.

Raiola is not going to piss off Judas because Judas is his cash cow.

Snakerumma - please be ambitious on the bench.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini masterclass:

Trims down our wage bill = gets 2nd in Serie A

He is still not appreciated by some here, and he gets blamed for nepotism.
By an ac milans fan on ac milan forum :D

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
6EZO5yu.png

botgZQh.png

Apparently this shows more realistic numbers (see Romagnoli) as well as showing the payments with tax.

Sorry about the image size. Not sure how to resize them or put them in spoiler tags.

Last edited:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

From 2005-2009 our lowest wage bill was 132m

6%2BMilan%2BProfit.jpg

Some of the salary breakdowns. Only one of the year the year you asked for. But the last 2 are interesting they are when we had the senators and post senators

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-23427.html

https://www.rossoneriblog.com/2011/04/09/current-milan-wage-scale/

2012/13

https://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/09/11/ac-milan-20122013-player-salaries-chart/

Swiss Ramble blog about us in 2010

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/11/milans-age-of-austerity.html?m=1

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn, didn’t know Romagnoli was already costing the club so much

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Thanks @brk

2 things I realize from this wage list:

1. Romagnoli is in effect the biggest costing wage … us fans (most of us are world class accountants) tend to think net wages.
Even though a lot of us know about “gross” salaries, it seems when in discussion we only think “net”.

2. Kessie on 2.2, I am convinced that the numbers being thrown in the press (~6M offer)are BS.
I don’t see Maldini almost Tripling his wages…especially considering that it will be taxed like Romagnoli’s and not like the new players from abroad.
Probably offering him around 4M

And just like Donnarumma, if he was to leave for free it also won’t be for those reported 8M.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thanks @brk

2 things I realize from this wage list:

1. Romagnoli is in effect the biggest costing wage ? us fans (most of us are world class accountants) tend to think net wages.
Even though a lot of us know about ?gross? salaries, it seems when in discussion we only think ?net?.

2. Kessie on 2.2, I am convinced that the numbers being thrown in the press (~6M offer)are BS.
I don?t see Maldini almost Tripling his wages?especially considering that it will be taxed like Romagnoli?s and not like the new players from abroad.
Probably offering him around 4M

And just like Donnarumma, if he was to leave for free it also won?t be for those reported 8M.

Or it could be the numbers thrown around are gross wages (what?s offered and what Kessie demanded), in which case it would make a lot more sense.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donna knew that he will be 2nd choice gk before he signed the contract. He doesn't have much of a choice because clubs that can afford his salary during the convid already has very good gk. Only PSG has the money to throw around and Navas wont be there for long. He joined for the money!

The rest are just journalist trying to sensationalise the situation. If Juve can afford his salary despite have Perin and Szczensy they would have done so with free transfer last summer.

PSG was his only option. Poch didn't want him. Leonardo and the ownership at PSG did. Right after we signed Mike, Raiola came back to Milan to ask if they could talk and work something out, Maldini said no. PSG was his only option, Raiola fucked up.

PSG is a mess when it comes to recruitment. They've built a disjointed team. Neymar-Suarez-Messi worked because Neymar and Suarez sacrificed for Messi, as did the entire Barca team. Without that, Messi looks lost. Perhaps if he scored a few of his chances, instead of hitting the bar, there'd be a different narrative, but I think it would paper over the cracks that the team isn't structured correctly.

Raiola actually has very little power. He only gets power if you allow his clients to run down their contracts. As a club if Raiolas client has 3, 4 or 5 years on their contract he has 0 power. Never let his clients start the season with 2 years left on their contract. Renew, sell or stands permanently for 2 years minimum

Maldini literally has been negotiating with Kessie for two years, he said it himself that he started talks over a year and a half ago.

If a player wants to run his deal down, he can. He is running the risk of getting injured, or not having a market, but what Maldini has done is prepared Milan for if Kessie walks. Raiola has power because of the loyalty he has from his clients mixed with the desire of clubs for his players. If his best players were like, bums, then he'd have no power, but the fact that his players are Donna, Haaland, Ibra, Pogba, De Ligt, Verratti, Romagnoli, De Vrij, Kean, Lozano, these are all really good players, elite players, so that's where his power comes from. He takes care of his players' interests, but he fucked up with Donna, badly, and it's clear for everyone to see.

And it seems that Maldini was more prepared for Hakan walking than we (including myself) want to admit. I think the issue for Maldini is finding a backup CAM, and I think Faivre was designed to provide competition for Brahim, as well as at RW, as we've seen the benefits of having competition in the side for spots.

Unless you have a Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, etc, having competition is what made Milan (and other big teams) great. Fight for your spot until its unquestionably yours. I mean, we brought in Gourcuff while we had Kaka, and if he wasn't such a little dumbass, he could have had a much brighter career.

The fact that Bennacer, Kessie, Tonali are fighting it out, and to be fair to him, Krunic really stepped up before getting hurt, and Bakayoko shouldn't be dismissed if he gets his shit together.

I'm at a place where if Kessie wants to leave, cool, have fun babe, because our recruitment has been strong and I think what is clear is that the players who have been brought in under Maldini, want to be here, and recognize the value of being here, and the success it will lead for their long-term development, career, and earning potential.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Or it could be the numbers thrown around are gross wages (what?s offered and what Kessie demanded), in which case it would make a lot more sense.
Can?t remember 1 single instance in Italy when gross wages are being reported in these situation. In any situation even.
Doubt

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Happy to see Daniel Maldini scoring yesterday (although the GK should've saved it) but let's be honest, it was a very average performance against piss poor opposition. Still, I think we should play him as much as possible until winter to see if he's got it before signing an upgrade like Faivre and sending him on loan to Serie B to develop.

OK I have to fess up...I re-watched the Spezia game and Daniel Maldini was a lot better second time around. Although he did lose possession a number of times, he has a great physique and plays with a ton of confidence (despite the pressures of his family name) and more importantly, it looks like he's got a high footballing IQ. I don't know what his ceiling is but hopefully we test him out as much as possible before winter as there might be a good player in there after all.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pobega is clever in possession, he's not as good in tight spaces, but he's a tank. He's not the fastest, but he bulldozes people.

I like that he's playing so much, especially under Juric. I can see the Cristante comparisons, they seem apt.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
6EZO5yu.png

botgZQh.png

Apparently this shows more realistic numbers (see Romagnoli) as well as showing the payments with tax.

Sorry about the image size. Not sure how to resize them or put them in spoiler tags.

Next year we are free of Ibra and Roma's wages...

Baka absurdly overpayed compared to our top players.
Our wages are increfibly LOW...rest of them.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
PSG was his only option. Poch didn't want him. Leonardo and the ownership at PSG did. Right after we signed Mike, Raiola came back to Milan to ask if they could talk and work something out, Maldini said no. PSG was his only option, Raiola fucked up.

PSG is a mess when it comes to recruitment. They've built a disjointed team. Neymar-Suarez-Messi worked because Neymar and Suarez sacrificed for Messi, as did the entire Barca team. Without that, Messi looks lost. Perhaps if he scored a few of his chances, instead of hitting the bar, there'd be a different narrative, but I think it would paper over the cracks that the team isn't structured correctly.

Maldini literally has been negotiating with Kessie for two years, he said it himself that he started talks over a year and a half ago.

If a player wants to run his deal down, he can. He is running the risk of getting injured, or not having a market, but what Maldini has done is prepared Milan for if Kessie walks. Raiola has power because of the loyalty he has from his clients mixed with the desire of clubs for his players. If his best players were like, bums, then he'd have no power, but the fact that his players are Donna, Haaland, Ibra, Pogba, De Ligt, Verratti, Romagnoli, De Vrij, Kean, Lozano, these are all really good players, elite players, so that's where his power comes from. He takes care of his players' interests, but he fucked up with Donna, badly, and it's clear for everyone to see.

And it seems that Maldini was more prepared for Hakan walking than we (including myself) want to admit. I think the issue for Maldini is finding a backup CAM, and I think Faivre was designed to provide competition for Brahim, as well as at RW, as we've seen the benefits of having competition in the side for spots.

Unless you have a Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, etc, having competition is what made Milan (and other big teams) great. Fight for your spot until its unquestionably yours. I mean, we brought in Gourcuff while we had Kaka, and if he wasn't such a little dumbass, he could have had a much brighter career.

The fact that Bennacer, Kessie, Tonali are fighting it out, and to be fair to him, Krunic really stepped up before getting hurt, and Bakayoko shouldn't be dismissed if he gets his shit together.

I'm at a place where if Kessie wants to leave, cool, have fun babe, because our recruitment has been strong and I think what is clear is that the players who have been brought in under Maldini, want to be here, and recognize the value of being here, and the success it will lead for their long-term development, career, and earning potential.

I still don't get what happened regarding Gourcuff. Oh what could have been!

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

:star::star::star:
Its all in Kessie's hands. That has been the theme of this past summer. If a player wants to stay they can but it wont be at the expense of hurting the club structure.
I'm curious to see what both Kessie and Romagnoli do. So far there isnt a rosy picture of a player leaving this Milan and flourishing...maybe Andre Silva but thats in obscurity.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I still don't get what happened regarding Gourcuff. Oh what could have been!

He thought he was a big fish but his production / applied talent didnt show that - when he entered Milan he thought all the greats would fall before him and pave his way to a starring role.

But hey even Pato who got the royal treatment and proved his talent screwed up and when we had Thiago Silva who did it all right we sold him so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule